Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1286222427' post='2474470']
Being offended by homophobic rhetoric means that I have serious issues? What a bizarre way to see it.
[/quote]
I guess the meaning is ambiguous out of context, but it is meant to imply that those riding the steamroller are gay, not the people it's rolling over. Is it homophobic to call yourself gay?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1286222427' post='2474470']
Being offended by homophobic rhetoric means that I have serious issues? What a bizarre way to see it.
[/quote]

I just noticed that picture and was pleasantly surprised to see that I was included, even if being depicted as being run over by a technicolor steamroller.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1286222036' post='2474460']
And here you are both still wearing their tag on this forum. Some allies LUE turned out to be, eh? All the loyalty you've showed them over the years, and for what? Discarded like yesterdays garbage. Disgusting.
[/quote]

"give in to your hate and your anger, and your journey to the dark side will be complete"?

Seriously, do you think mind control is [i]that[/i] easy for you? :unsure:

And here you are both still wearing their tag on this forum. Some allies LUE turned out to be, eh? All the loyalty you've showed them over the years, and for what? Discarded like yesterdays garbage. Disgusting.
[/quote]

OOC: Unfortunately being on my phone has not allowed me to think of and change such subtleties. I'm glad you're so observant. <_<

Edit: I'll keep this on topic.

My how times change... and if this leads to more stagnation I swear to god...

Edited by Fyfe XIV

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1286222575' post='2474475']
The issue is that you are incapable of taking a joke and take things entirely too seriously.
[/quote]
You think so? Looks to me like the difference between you and me is that I can see that bigoted sentiment is still offensive even when presented in humorous form, whereas you think it's okay.

Every alliance accepts information, right Bilrow? Glad to see the NPO finally agrees that to do so is not a problem. (In case anyone didn't realise, this is material spied off our forums and put onto !@#$%*, and then circulated around various people by someone who spotted it there.)

I'm sure Goldie's happy that a post he put so much effort into is being read by so many people!

[quote name='threefingeredguy' timestamp='1286222655' post='2474480']
I guess the meaning is ambiguous out of context, but it is meant to imply that those riding the steamroller are gay, not the people it's rolling over. Is it homophobic to call yourself gay?
[/quote]
That's not the way it looks.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1286222789' post='2474486']
You think so? Looks to me like the difference between you and me is that I can see that bigoted sentiment is still offensive even when presented in humorous form, whereas you think it's okay.
[/quote]

Tell me, what's bigoted about it? :huh:

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1286222863' post='2474489']
[/quote]

That's precisely the way it looks. It's a PINK STEAMROLLER and we're all wearing a rainbow of shirt colors. Pay attention to detail.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1286222650' post='2474478']
Oh, I was wondering when we'd see a "well nobody likes you guys anyways so neener" post. Thanks for being predictable, NSO.
[/quote]
You're calling someone predictable.. again.. god you are so well predictable.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1286222863' post='2474489']
[/quote]
That's nice. Here is the original context of the image: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally

Complaining about it is silly anyway. I mean, you're getting all this leaked and unfinished stuff, random harebrained ideas being thrown out there. You can't expect it all to be good. Gayroller is a sweet bloc name though.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286222791' post='2474487']
Every alliance accepts information, right Bilrow? Glad to see the NPO finally agrees that to do so is not a problem. (In case anyone didn't realise, this is material spied off our forums and put onto !@#$%*, and then circulated around various people by someone who spotted it there.)

I'm sure Goldie's happy that a post he put so much effort into is being read by so many people!
[/quote]

We already apologised for starting an agressive war in Karma. So ok? :mellow:

[quote]ITT: Dopp and Bilrow get duped by MK editing the wiki. GG MK. [/quote]

Yeah I am going to go with this as well. Good try though.

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='threefingeredguy' timestamp='1286223181' post='2474499']
That's nice. Here is the original context of the image[/quote]
The original context is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the intended meaning of your image. It's clear where people are finding humour in the image; the vehicle is called the gayroller and it's rolling over your political enemies. By implication you are calling your enemies gay, as though that's something negative. Homophobic and bigoted.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1286223754' post='2474519']
The original context is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the intended meaning of your image. It's clear where people are finding humour in the image; the vehicle is called the gayroller and it's rolling over your political enemies. By implication you are calling your enemies gay, as though that's something negative. Homophobic and bigoted.
[/quote]

You seem to be terribly mistaken. The picture is implicating that being gay is in fact the good thing and that not being gay is something negative. Heterophobic and bigoted.

[/quote]

We're portraying ourselves as a group of rainbow-colored gay men riding a rainbow colored steamroller over men who are afraid of us not colored like rainbows. If anything, we're fighting intolerance here.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1286223151' post='2474498']
ITT: Dopp and Bilrow get duped by MK editing the wiki. GG MK.
[/quote]
wouldnt put it past Athens... since they are the ones who did the editing. Wasn't Athens behind the last "joke"?

[/quote]
Are you some kind of wizard? How on earth did you read my mind?! :rolleyes:
This seems like it's going to be like arguing with a brick wall. You've already made up your mind that it's meant to be taken in the most offensive way possible. Forget our whimsical sense of humor, we're obviously just bad people. If we had used a black guy giving the thumbs up we would be racist, right? A woman kicking a dude in the nuts, sexist?
Anyway, you're wrong,

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1286223055' post='2474494']
You're calling someone predictable.. again.. god you are so well predictable.
[/quote]

How predictable you'd say that. :ehm:

[/quote]
Love the new line. F for originality, but A for effort.

[/quote]
You realise that the alliance that created this usually refers to itself as GayMen 2.0 right? It's clear you're opinions of the alliances involved are leading you to reading this completely wrong, and also presenting your take on an imagine that you couldn't possible know the thought behind as fact.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1286223625' post='2474514']
If you continue to slander Gayroller, there will be problems.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Is that so? Well, I'll continue on despite your petty threats.

Also, I must say that it is quite an honor to have made Pandora's target list. Please, try and enact your pretty vengeance on us. I think I speak for all of us when I say give us that satisfaction.[/color]

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1286224409' post='2474538']
Yes? No? What are you talking about?
[/quote]

Your avatar matches this post so damn well. :lol1:

No clue what joke they're referring to.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1286224371' post='2474536']
Love the new line. F for originality, but A for effort.
[/quote]

You mock the originality of his post with that? Nice.

Btw you still haven't explained why Bilrow is a hypocrite because we attacked an alliance in "Stever Buscemi: The fantasy Bob".