Forcing alliances to disband is back

Alterego

If an alliance honestly wants to surrender and end conflicts but is incapable of paying what we want, typically an arrangement that is acceptable for both parties can be worked out.

For instance, one of the nuclear rogues hitting us has requested us for peace, and our terms do not include any cash or tech trading hands.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first a disclaimer: i did not read the majority of this tread. if this joke has already been made i apologize. now with that out of the way here i go.

maybe Alterego is secretly making these kinds of attacks on GOONS in an effort to make the real GOONS bashers look bad by associaton. maybe this is all a GOONS/ Alterego conspiracy to make GOONS look better/gain sympathy.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1285911599' post='2470809']
A GOON is a GOON is a GOON.

Expect nothing less.
[/quote]

Olaf, you're better than this :( this is an Alterego thread (meaning he's going to distort words said into outright lies), and no GOONS member is actually threatening that they will force the Ninjas to disband.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1285894765' post='2470444']
Pacifica has made a point of stating that its not their fault that any alliance they have warred has disbanded. You holding GOONS responsible for the same thing you refuse to take credit for is pathetic.
[/quote]
I have yet to hold GOONS responsible for anything.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1285917434' post='2470889']
Olaf, you're better than this :( this is an Alterego thread (meaning he's going to distort words said into outright lies), and no GOONS member is actually threatening that they will force the Ninjas to disband.
[/quote]

What? I'm not allowed to egg-on Alterego now? That's been Sparta's national past-time since time immemorial, let me have my fun, this is the first lulz I've had in weeks.

Edited by Olaf Styke

GOONS can't disband anybody if we disband them first. :ph34r:

Although from my viewpoint an alliance can never actually be forced to disband, the decision to give up rather than face an extended period of war ultimately fall on the alliance to make. If GOONS were to keep everyone at a permanent state of war with them, I think that will back fire just as them keeping me at a state of war with them with no realistic peace options did.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285922550' post='2470912']
GOONS can't disband anybody if we disband them first. :ph34r:

Although from my viewpoint an alliance can never actually be forced to disband, the decision to give up rather than face an extended period of war ultimately fall on the alliance to make. If GOONS were to keep everyone at a permanent state of war with them, I think that will back fire just as them keeping me at a state of war with them with no realistic peace options did.
[/quote]

How did keeping you in a state of war with us 'backfire'? We've received massive amounts of money for it, and you decided to perpetuate the conflict on your own. Also, I like how you pop up in every single GOONS-related thread and have to mention your involvement in war against us, no matter what the topic. It's like you're feeling left out and seeking validation. Pretty pathetic, dude.

I'd go into detail about how your first sentence is so unbelievably hypocritical, but you've never been one to grasp the concept of hypocrisy.

Silly thread. Disbanding alliances isn't what is going on, and I don't think anyone has been forced to disband since Karma.

Our continued existence is evidence enough. We lost Karma and whatever the last war was called and despite the hate we felt there was never any talk of forcing us to disband.

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1285933124' post='2470959']
Silly thread. Disbanding alliances isn't what is going on, and I don't think anyone has been forced to disband since Karma.

Our continued existence is evidence enough. We lost Karma and whatever the last war was called and despite the hate we felt there was never any talk of forcing us to disband.
[/quote]

A number of micro-alliances would disagree with you

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1285933615' post='2470965']
A number of micro-alliances would disagree with you
[/quote]
Victims of their own incompetency.

Of course, I don't really see how micro-alliances could possibly object to the ~new world order~ because they don't exist anymore.

We would be coming full circle if GOONS wasn't offering peace. You can't just attack people and make ridiculous demands and then expect to get off scot free; if you do something as retarded and opportunistic as FnKa, you're going to end up paying high reps.

But I get it, the whole "GOONS TECH RAID!" line of propaganda was literally worthless so now you have to take quotes out of context to make your character attacks.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1285881796' post='2470196']
[color="#0000FF"]When an alliance is unable to get peace, then it really has no choice but to call it quits. There are very few alliances capable of surviving months upon months of war.[/color]
[/quote]
RV you know I generally agree with you but on this issue I must disagree. No one but the Almighty and his angels can force a disbandment. The finest example of this is FAN. Those engaged with GOONS can choose to fight until offensive options are depleted and work for peace, they can fight until offense options are depleted and go into guerrila war mode or they can choose to fight until all options are depleted and disband, but only they can make this decisions, no one can force them to. Personally I'd love to see them show the same resolve as FAN. Given the amount of anti GOON activity and back room chatter I would think they would not have to hold out near as long as FAN before they could dictate terms, be that 6 months or a year really no one knows.
The real question is, do they have the stones to go under ground for 6 months to a year.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1285935783' post='2470988']
Victims of their own incompetency.

Of course, I don't really see how micro-alliances could possibly object to the ~new world order~ because they don't exist anymore.
[/quote]

You just don't get it, do you? It's clearly MK's fault if an alliance is incompetent and/or disbands.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1285932271' post='2470953']
wow, what a sham karma was. it was supposed to cahnge da wurld man. now look at u, fighting wars. dis wud never have happened in da old days.
[/quote]

What ever happened to the Mushroon Kingdom that once was?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54743

I find trying to reconcile so many of the statements made within the above thread with its present support of actions very difficult.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1285941931' post='2471032']
You just don't get it, do you? It's clearly MK's fault if an alliance is incompetent and/or disbands.
[/quote]

I'm not quite sure why you're bringing your own alliance into the discussion...unless you mean to imply that GOONS' actions are dictated to by MK.

Also before you say it, no I don't think MK are responsible, but I do think you immediately assuming that MK has anything to do with this says something about your ego.

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1285942720' post='2471042']
I'm not quite sure why you're bringing your own alliance into the discussion...unless you mean to imply that GOONS' actions are dictated to by MK.

Also before you say it, no I don't think MK are responsible, but I do think you immediately assuming that MK has anything to do with this says something about your ego.
[/quote]

Way to read way too much into a private joke I had with a fellow Shroom. Because you did notice I didn't quote you, didn't you? But I guess that says a lot about the way you see MK. Unless you're trying to sling mud for whatever reason (WAE butthurt maybe?). In that case, it's not really working either.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1285922111' post='2470911']
What? I'm not allowed to egg-on Alterego now? That's been Sparta's national past-time since time immemorial, let me have my fun, this is the first lulz I've had in weeks.
[/quote]

Haha, your post looks more like a dig at GOONS. By all means, egg on alterego.