UPN Casper Resolution

Un4Gvn1

In other news, UPN drops out of the sanction race. More at 11.

Seriously I doubt your incompetent military will even be able to remove all your ghosts. And I love how some nations are getting amnesty, way to reward something that's against your alliance rules (then again joining UPN isn't much of a reward).

Edited by Mr Damsky

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1284233908' post='2450067']
My arguement against such a policy would be how terrible it makes you look in war. if you start the war at 450 members and end it with 380 and only a few were actual surrenders then we have a repeat of all the lolUPN or lolSparta jokes (how many does MHA lose when they go to war?)
[/quote]
Couldn't that be useful in masking damage to actual UPN nations? Ablative armor can be a good thing, too.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1284234367' post='2450076']
Couldn't that be useful in masking damage to actual UPN nations? Ablative armor can be a good thing, too.
[/quote]
It amuses me that any defense of UPN's old policy is critical of their new policy, and in direct violation of their "Positive Replies" mandate.

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1284234975' post='2450089']
It amuses me that any defense of UPN's old policy is critical of their new policy, and in direct violation of their "Positive Replies" mandate.
[/quote]

The Positive Comments isn't being enforced, so all may as well just have a big damn party hating, flaming and trolling.

[color="#0000FF"]As a note, with UPN abandoning its policy of housing friendly ghosts it has come to my attention that they now have nowhere left to go. I've started a discussion about beginning a casper program within the NSO for that purpose. Unfortunately, no one seems to be taking my suggestion seriously.[/color]

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1284233741' post='2450062']
That actually doesn't seem like a terrible idea as long as you keep track of who is an actual member and make sure you and your allies know your real stats. It makes for some extra shielding during wartime. I personally think it'd be too much of a hassle to keep track of, but if you already had it set up... *shrugs*
[/quote]
Well, every alliance whether they accept ghosts or not should be keeping a list of actual members and who isn't yet resides on the same AA, in order to make addressing gaffes more easily accomplished amongst their own members as well. Some members may idle out or leave with no warning as well so it's generally just a good idea to have a simple list.

I do however see attacking "ghosts" as a poor policy choice developed at a time where it was believed any single nation residing on an alliance affiliation could hold an entire alliance responsible for their actions or inactions, regardless of their stature within the alliance (if they had any). Some oppose the idea of permitting non-members on the alliance affiliation merely because of the risks despite a change in attitude and how easily resolved issues are by saying "they're not a member" should they wrong another party. Ghost busting takes up a heck of a lot of manpower and resources for little or no actual gain. I suppose while the addition of so many meat shields is a boon in taking fire from your own members it might also be a negative. Your strength will over estimated at first but when it hits the fan and the meat shields leave you'll be thought of as a paper tiger because ghosts are there in order to hide and will leave any war quickly, thus making it appear as if your membership is melting away.

To be quite honest, I'm surprised alliances who are opposed to tech raiding have not changed their policy on ghosts to permit them, in order to protect those who have no alliance while still following the general norm of only claiming any sovereignty on their own affiliation. It seems to me that it's the simplest means to oppose raiding with.

[b]Edit:[/b] removed reply to citizen kane as I realized my reply didn't touch on the intentions of his post.

Edited by Hyperbad

I don't see the big fuss either way. Keeping ghosts doesn't hurt you in any way, as long as you know who's who. They chose to "normalize" their policy (aka kill ghosts as they come, like virtually all AAs do) and they're still getting bashed, as if people just suddenly learned of the whole "Casper" joke regarding UPN.

A tad ridiculous.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1284234367' post='2450076']
[/quote]
Whats the ANS of these ghosts? 10k? 15k at the most? unless you end up fighting GOONS(who have a ANS around this range iirc) then it cant be that much damage prevented

[quote]To be quite honest, I'm surprised alliances who are opposed to tech raiding have not changed their policy on ghosts to permit them, in order to protect those who have no alliance while still following the general norm of only claiming any sovereignty on their own affiliation. It seems to me that it's the simplest means to oppose raiding with.[/quote]
Thats why theres the RIA Trade Partner AA :P ..oh and MHA

[quote name='Peggy_Sue']
Our policy is directed by my goals and voted upon by the cabinet.
my goal from the day I joined UPN was to do away with the Casper policy. You are not going to give credit where it is due, but your posting of unsubstantiated tripe is silly.
[/quote]
Please reply to me in the thread, not in a PM. Thank you.
Also lol

Edited by Chickenzilla

[quote name='lionheart' timestamp='1284239032' post='2450139']
Guys Ihave seen the future. October first will be the Casper vs. UPN war. Though really good on you guys. It will be easier to run a gov for an alliance with only a few people.
[/quote]
My money is on their ghosts winning and forcing them to reverse the policy.

Edited by Alterego

This is a respectable announcement, UPN.

Though your past reputation is a bit tarnished, all you can do is turn things around and let that reputation improve with time and with good decisions by your alliance.

This is one of those good decisions.

[quote name='lionheart' timestamp='1284239032' post='2450139']
Guys Ihave seen the future. October first will be the Casper vs. UPN war. Though really good on you guys. It will be easier to run a gov for an alliance with only a few people.
[/quote]

A guy a few posts above made the same joke. Way to be creative, copycat.

And before arguing I'd actually try to figure out how many caspers UPN "owns"?

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1284229361' post='2449995']
Negative commentary regarding any past action or in-actions involving the United Purple Nations are not welcome in this topic.
[/quote]
You say that as though you had the ability to make this true. :mellow:

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1284233571' post='2450058']
I bid you all, friend and foe, good bye in this venue.
[/quote]
If only this were true.
[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1284235091' post='2450092']
The Positive Comments isn't being enforced, so all may as well just have a big damn party hating, flaming and trolling.
[/quote]
Oh look.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1284233769' post='2450063']
[color="#0000FF"]Are you telling us that you will not be responding to any criticism of the UPN? If so, smart move. As many others can attest to, allowing your detractors to walk all over you in public is by all means one of the greatest PR strategies that any alliance can follow.[/color]
[/quote]
Actually, not talking is probably the best policy UPN can make, as anytime they open their mouths, bad things happen. FEAR cancellation being one excellent example.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1284236493' post='2450110']
I love how our mockery of you changed your policy.
[/quote]
If only this happened more often.