UOKMB war with GOONS

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283950366' post='2446508']
Didn't really answer my question there, I asked if you feel the same regarding MK? You said you felt that both GOONS and Umbrella deserved to be put down/evicted. Do you feel MK should be put down/evicted?

Ontopic : Looks like UOKMB's litte crusade was a huge failure, who would have thunk it.
[/quote]

No I don't. They didn't disband and surrendered honourably when their allies did bad things.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like the wrong things are being focused on here. The precipitating event was not a tech raid but instead the leaking of information about an impending attack on GOONS. [quote name='King Grog' timestamp='1283932308' post='2446396']...snip... FACT: I have had zero contact with GOONS over all this, although I did outline your loose plans/capabilities briefly to a few influential people (you lot are nuke rage-quitting, I'm staying remember?), then declared a conflict of interest and left you all to it, again two months ago..[/quote]

Adequate information for identifying the cell was leaked by King Grog, which then led to a tech raid. In the tech raid, nukes where used.

Fact: GOONS where responding to a security threat.

Now, why they chose a tech raid as the appropriate recourse I don't know, nor do I know why they chose to then nuke within said tech raid.

In terms of the Umbrella senator sanctioning this group, given the full scope of the available information it is hard to find fault with that course. Especially considering that King Grog is a member of Umbrella and obviously someone they trust. So, Umbrella was directly tied in with GOONS' dealings with this threat, and regardless of how GOONS previously chose to deal with it (a nuke tech raid, wut?) they acted in the best interest of their ally and their sphere in sanctioning the group.

o/ Umbrella

Edited for formatting

Edited by eyriq

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1283954345' post='2446551']
What actions?
[/quote]
[color=#dc1400]Y[/color][color=#dc2800]o[/color][color=#dc3c00]u[/color] [color=#dc6400]k[/color][color=#dc7800]n[/color][color=#dc8c00]o[/color][color=#dca000]w[/color][color=#dcb400],[/color] [color=#dcdc00]t[/color][color=#c8dc00]h[/color][color=#b4dc00]a[/color][color=#a0dc00]t[/color] [color=#78dc00]a[/color][color=#64dc00]c[/color][color=#50dc00]t[/color][color=#3cdc00]i[/color][color=#28dc00]o[/color][color=#14dc00]n[/color] [color=#00dc14]y[/color][color=#00dc28]o[/color][color=#00dc3c]u[/color] [color=#00dc64]g[/color][color=#00dc78]u[/color][color=#00dc8c]y[/color][color=#00dca0]s[/color] [color=#00dcc8]d[/color][color=#00dcdc]i[/color][color=#00c8dc]d[/color][color=#00b4dc].[/color]

Lots of people discuss a wish of attacking GOONS at some point in their lives. I'll save you the trouble of waiting for a leak, reading public channels or spying and just admit that I myself may have expressed that desire at some point in time.

I fully expect nuclear retaliation against my [s]8 man AA[/s] alliance for this transgression.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1283955096' post='2446562']
Lots of people discuss a wish of attacking GOONS at some point in their lives. I'll save you the trouble of waiting for a leak, reading public channels or spying and just admit that I myself may have expressed that desire at some point in time.

I fully expect nuclear retaliation against my [s]8 man AA[/s] alliance for this transgression.
[/quote]
Grandfather Archon would not be pleased by this. :(

[quote name='_GunneR_' timestamp='1283955036' post='2446560']
Your objective is failure to accomplish anything?
[/quote]

Looks to me like they're having fun, what else IS there to accomplish on this planet?

Nothing important, that's for sure.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1283955096' post='2446562']

[/quote]

That's unacceptable! I can't be in the same alliance of a person who wants to nuke GOONS, don't expect any help if GOONS attack you. I'm leaving right now sir. :v:

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1283959362' post='2446604']
Hmmmm I do love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning.

Thanks UOKMB for making such an entertaining thread. And please, don't stop your ad hominem attacks because they make you seem so intelligent.
[/quote]

Pretty much everything your Pilot on this thread has posted has been ad hominem. A prime example

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283872203' post='2445329']
You're kidding yourself if you think we can't handle these runts on our own.
[/quote]

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283959978' post='2446607']
Pretty much everything your Pilot on this thread has posted has been ad hominem. A prime example
[/quote]

I couldn't help but laugh at the Sardonic quote.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283959978' post='2446607']
[/quote]That's more of an insult than an ad hominem attack really. The ad hominem attacks are where you're saying that the reason we're winning is because we're a clan of social rejects while you go out and lead exciting lives. Can't have schadenfreude without someone having sour grapes I suppose.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283947131' post='2446486']
Given that you participated in the epic Gramlins thread that went around 250 pages, you would be an expert. ;)[/quote]

Yes, people need to learn what type of situations warrant that kind of attention and what situations do not.

[quote]
Actually this is a developing story it should be expected that it would generate buzz. That is involves GOONS gives it a +15 pages. That it involves "tech raiding" gives it another +15. Allegations of unnecessary use of nuclear weapons another +5. We're probably just getting warmed up actually.
[/quote]

The sad thing is, your break down is 100% correct. The problem is not that your correct, but that the mere existence of a few categorical factors can get everyone all riled up in the first place. Nothing extreme happened here. The faux outcry based around political polarization over things like this because it simply involves GOONS, involves tech raiding, and involves a nuke (as you correctly point out) leaves a distasteful stench in the nose of any of us who care about upholding notions of justice and serves to trivialize any future issue where such a response may actually be warranted.

Plus, it's annoying.