GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1283495820' post='2440108']
Well, I'm sure someone will find a reason to be outraged about this no matter how cut and dry it is, don't worry.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm quite outraged. Outraged that we have a situation here where I am compelled to accept GOONS as being in the right. Seriously, Methrage? Couldn't you have stopped to consider the implications before taking a course of action that makes everyone want to agree with GOONS?

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1283505452' post='2440256']
Yeah, I'm quite outraged. Outraged that we have a situation here where I am compelled to accept GOONS as being in the right. Seriously, Methrage? Couldn't you have stopped to consider the implications before taking a course of action that makes everyone want to agree with GOONS?
[/quote]

Don't bother addressing him. He'll ignore your post. If it's contrary to him and it's not by a GOON (in which case the argument is instantly invalid in his eyes) it doesn't exist.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283495678' post='2440101']
Ah, so anyone can aid alliances you are attacking where you did not post a DoW and that will not be considered an act of war?
[/quote]
If I am tech raiding someone please aid them. Send soldiers

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283506479' post='2440263']
I don't like GOONS or Methrage.

GOONS has allies whom they are sure to call in at some point so I'm going to root for the underdog (Methrage).
[/quote]
What? Methrage is at 7k ns, that's the goon sweet spot

[quote name='Jakome' timestamp='1283508599' post='2440271']

What? Methrage is at 7k ns, that's the goon sweet spot
[/quote]

The problem at hand is not his NS, it is the wonders he's packed with. I'd be very surprised if the Goons nations engaging him will be successful in any GA.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283509323' post='2440275']
The problem at hand is not his NS, it is the wonders he's packed with. I'd be very surprised if the Goons nations engaging him will be successful in any GA.
[/quote]
And you think another alliances 7k nation will somehow be more successful?

I think that you'll run out of nations in the 7K range swiftly so you may call in allies to let them recover.

Methrage has without a doubt enough funds to haunt you for a long time in that range and i doubt if any of your 7K nations can say the same.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283512373' post='2440288']
I think that you'll run out of nations in the 7K range swiftly so you may call in allies to let them recover.

Methrage has without a doubt enough funds to haunt you for a long time in that range and i doubt if any of your 7K nations can say the same.
[/quote]

We have 300 nations with an average ns of 13k. I think we have the 7-10k bracket covered much better than any of our fine allies.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283513894' post='2440299']
Kinda reminds me of the Jarheads war. Makes sense. Although given how many wars Methrage already launched, this is more of a Recognition of War than a Declaration.
[/quote]

Let's analyse that claim:

[quote]
[b] Declaring War [/b]- Cyber Nations incorporates the ability to wage war against other nations. You can declare war on anyone as long as 1) they are not designated as a peaceful nation and 2) they are within the [b]75% - 133%[/b] ration of your strength range or within 250+/250- rankings based on strength. To declare war you must be viewing the information page for the nation that you want to declare war against. At the top of the page you will see a link that says, "Declare War On This Nation".
[/quote]

For Methrage that will be from roughly 5400-9650 NS ranking from 11500-12000:

For the current GOONS that's from your current number 161-175. That's 14 nations, all of whom are no match whatsoever for a nation with a decent/large war chest and full military wonders. The numbers speak for themselves and you'll request assistance from allies shortly for the simple reason that you are ill-equipped to deal with this yourself.

Edit: Maybe i should root for GOONS as the underdog after all..

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283515131' post='2440306']
Let's analyse that claim:

For Methrage that will be from roughly 5400-9650 NS ranking from 11500-12000:

For the current GOONS that's from your current number 161-175. That's 14 nations, all of whom are no match whatsoever for a nation with a decent/large war chest and full military wonders. The numbers speak for themselves and you'll request assistance from allies shortly for the simple reason that you are ill-equipped to deal with this yourself.

Edit: Maybe i should root for GOONS as the underdog after all..
[/quote]

The bottom line is that Methrage will barely dent GOONS as an alliance, his two alliance mates will fair no better, and in the meantime he has managed yet again to provide GOONS with another opportunity to play "victim" and at some point in time in the future will allow them to appear "merciful" simply because they got bored pointing and laughing at him...again.

It's a bad movie and not popcorn worthy.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1283517925' post='2440333']
I'm going to provide Methrage with moral support, how are you going to deal with me accordingly?
[/quote]

Moral Support? If that is not worthy of a DoW i don't know what is