GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283613910' post='2441406']
Just like you steviewonder I fail to see your point, "treaty/milestone/whatever" is news however boring it may be, making alliance announcements about rogues which is a daily recurrence in our world is not and merely "hey look here we feel lonely" attention seeking.
This is also far from "drama" as its nothing new as it happens on a day to day basis, but its good to know what "GOONS" call drama.
[/quote]

It's an announcement clarifying that we have declared war, to show that if anyone aids these two people, it's an act of war.

Please, be more dense.
Please. No really, please.

Please.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1283617239' post='2441455']
It's an announcement clarifying that we have declared war, to show that if anyone aids these two people, it's an act of war.

Please, be more dense.
Please. No really, please.

Please.
[/quote]

Indeed it is an announcement, weldone. Since when was this part of the newspaper used for alliances declaring war on rogues? But then again you are calling it an alliance war which seems to contradict what you "GOONS" call alliances.

"In times of peace, GOONS recognize the sovereignty and security of other alliances. An "alliance" is defined as a group of 15 or more."

Really who is dense here, the finger is pointing at you.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283618606' post='2441465']
Indeed it is an announcement, weldone. Since when was this part of the newspaper used for alliances declaring war on rogues? But then again you are calling it an alliance war which seems to contradict what you "GOONS" call alliances.

"In times of peace, GOONS recognize the sovereignty and security of other alliances. An "alliance" is defined as a group of 15 or more."

Really who is dense here, the finger is pointing at you.
[/quote]

This is a special circumstance. We're fighting Methrage, who actually believes he is worth being considered a full-fledged alliance and in the past has argued until everyone involved gets tired of debating and some people out there actually take him seriously. In our last conflict with him people sent him lots of secret aid for some reason. So given the circumstances, I think making a public declaration was necessary just to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Yes, he is a rogue, and yes, aiding him will be an act of war.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283613910' post='2441406']
Just like you steviewonder I fail to see your point, "treaty/milestone/whatever" is news however boring it may be, making alliance announcements about rogues which is a daily recurrence in our world is not and merely "hey look here we feel lonely" attention seeking.
This is also far from "drama" as its nothing new as it happens on a day to day basis, but its good to know what "GOONS" call drama.
[/quote]

This isn't just any rogue, it's the most deluded, crazy, awesome rogue there is and he is so much more fun when you give him a bit of attention because he just keeps craving more and more. Seriously if you aren't entertained by his antics you should go find a sense of humor or something? Or maybe you're just intentionally being obtuse in claiming that government changes/alliance "milestones"/treaties are newsworthy while rogues are daily occurrences?

Edited by Mandolus

GOONS have me sanctioned on yellow, maroon, orange, white, and black. I've put 4/6 GOONS I'm fighting in anarchy so far and barely taken damage myself. I have lost two trades and need replacements though. I've lost uranium, lumber, aluminum, and cattle. My resources are iron and spice.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=164581

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283628917' post='2441630']
GOONS have me sanctioned on yellow, maroon, orange, white, and black. I've put 4/6 GOONS I'm fighting in anarchy so far and barely taken damage myself. I have lost two trades and need replacements though. I've lost uranium, lumber, aluminum, and cattle. My resources are iron and spice.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=164581
[/quote]

Yeah guys, be sure to trade with him, since he's obviously able to stick with the same trade sphere with all these sanctions going on. :rolleyes:

Way to plea for help, dude.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1283629131' post='2441632']
Yeah guys, be sure to trade with him, since he's obviously able to stick with the same trade sphere with all these sanctions going on. :rolleyes:

Way to plea for help, dude.
[/quote]
You've been pleaing for help to alliances with senators of every color sphere. Your alliance needs to resort to outside help to get sanctions on me to hope to stand a small chance against me.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283629552' post='2441638']
You've been pleaing for help to alliances with senators of every color sphere. Your alliance needs to resort to outside help to get sanctions on me to hope to stand a small chance against me.
[/quote]

It's called diplomacy.... they seem to be using it well since they're getting the results they want.

Perhaps, I dunno, if you tried diplomacy with the remaining spheres yourself you could avoid sanction? You'd have to pull a magical rabbit out of an even more magical hat, but you could always give it a try... instead of threatening some of the alliances to have already sanctioned you.

[/quote]

What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you?

You think GOONS needs to resort to sactions to stand a small chance against you!?

Wake up and smell the you're retarded.

Edit: I see you got Uranium back. That's great news. I was afraid you'd use that as an excuse when we crush you. "DUHVE COURSE THEY WON CAUSE I COUDNDT' BUILT NOOKS!"

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283632392' post='2441666']
I've put five GOONS in anarchy so far, they've yet to put a dent in my nation. Most alliances would of done some damage by now, rather than just take a beating while asking other alliances to help with sanctions which you guys seem to be doing. :P
[/quote]
Sanctions in an alliance wide war? Poor show Goons :((

You know what? This is the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard Methrage say.

Let's examine this. He's saying that it's unfair or unsporting of us to use sanctions against him.

First, it's war. We're going to use everything at our disposal. If we can get sanctions against him on so many colours it's clear that nobody with any sort of actual influence is on Methrage's side so that should tell him something. Obviously, it doesn't.

But in any case, he's bragging that we can't beat him without any such unfair advantage. I guess Methrage would be above such tactics.

I mean he only:
[list]
[*]declared on non-nuclear capable enemies and nuked them
[*]has a Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo, Pentagon, and Weapons Research Complex which none of his opponents have
[*]attacked three young unaware nations by surprise without so much as a DoW
[*]asked for and accepted secret aid just to keep himself from getting creamed
[/list]

Would GOONS do these? Possibly, yes, maybe, and probably wouldn't need to. Whether these tactics are morally acceptable is up for debate but if you're going to use every tactic at your disposal, how can you fault us for doing the same?

If a blind, lame, untrained, mentally unstable soldier bursts into the room and starts shooting the place up we're still going to defend ourselves and claiming that us using any means necessary to put an end to it as quickly as possible is "the only way we can win" is laughable.

[/quote]
You've been pleading for help to get uranium trades and secret aid. You need to resort to outside help to stand a small chance against GOONS.

You know what? We aren't fighting you. We're fighting secret aid. If you're going to use perfectly legitimate (but incredibly lame) tactics like that, then yes we're going to sanction you. Sanctions are perfectly legitimate too. They exist for a reason. Complain all you want, but as long as you're getting secret aid you're going to get sanctioned. Feel free to fill up 500,000 threads complaining about sanctions. It's not going anywhere. Slightly off-topic, are you going to declare war on FAN and STA now too?

But yes, the only reason you're doing anything is because of secret aid. We don't fear fighting you. You're an absolutely horrible fighter. As Strategos I listen in and read a lot of war reports. The only reason you can "brag" about doing any sort of damage is because it takes no skill or tactic to press the "launch nuke" button. You are not part of the equation. No matter who we put in your position, fill them with constant aid and give them an MP and they'd be just as skilled as you. We aren't fighting you, we're fighting someone who's hiding behind you and using you as a mechanical nuke launcher. Not that it even matters, since you're wasting your money lobbing nukes at nations below 7k. But seeing as that's all you can do, feel free to keep bragging about it.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1283632780' post='2441673']
You know what? This is the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard Methrage say.

Let's examine this. He's saying that it's unfair or unsporting of us to use sanctions against him.

First, it's war. We're going to use everything at our disposal. If we can get sanctions against him on so many colours it's clear that nobody with any sort of actual influence is on Methrage's side so that should tell him something. Obviously, it doesn't.

But in any case, he's bragging that we can't beat him without any such unfair advantage. I guess Methrage would be above such tactics.

I mean he only:
[list]
[*]declared on non-nuclear capable enemies and nuked them
[*]has a Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo, Pentagon, and Weapons Research Complex which none of his opponents have
[*]attacked three young unaware nations by surprise without so much as a DoW
[*]asked for and accepted secret aid just to keep himself from getting creamed
[/list]

Would GOONS do these? Possibly, yes, maybe, and probably wouldn't need to. Whether these tactics are morally acceptable is up for debate but if you're going to use every tactic at your disposal, how can you fault us for doing the same?

If a blind, lame, untrained, mentally unstable soldier bursts into the room and starts shooting the place up we're still going to defend ourselves and claiming that us using any means necessary to put an end to it as quickly as possible is "the only way we can win" is laughable.
[/quote]
I'll point out you guys are asking outside assistance from the start of this war considering you guys made this thread to make a big deal out of people aiding me. Any aid I get is more than fair, its the correct thing to do.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283564543' post='2440970']
I don't like people who beg and are overly persistent such as yourself. No nuke medal for you.
[/quote]

[quote]To: CEverettKoop From: Methrage Date: 9/4/2010 3:28:23 PM

Subject: Nuclear Attack

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Methrage. You lost 8962 soldiers, 323 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 155.325 miles of land, 4.700 technology, 155.325 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation. [/quote]

I knew you cared Methy! I knew you couldn't resist nuking me! :wub:

Someone tell Xodi I'm gonna catch up with him on the nuke list!

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283633041' post='2441685']
I'll point out you guys are asking outside assistance from the start of this war considering you guys made this thread to make a big deal out of people aiding me. Any aid I get is more than fair, its the correct thing to do.
[/quote]

You're not even listening. We already covered that.

[quote]Whether these tactics are morally acceptable is up for debate but if you're going to use every tactic at your disposal, how can you fault us for doing the same?[/quote]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283632908' post='2441678']
If you're going to use perfectly legitimate (but incredibly lame) tactics like that, then yes we're going to sanction you. Sanctions are perfectly legitimate too. They exist for a reason.[/quote]

There. We actually pre-emptively answered your pathetic argument. This is so like you to ignore the facts.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283633041' post='2441685']
[/quote]So its morally correct for you to get secret aid and nuke non-nuclear nations and it's immoral for us to get sanctions against you.

You are a terrible person.

Edited by Heinlander

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1283633140' post='2441687']
I knew you cared Methy! I knew you couldn't resist nuking me! :wub:

Someone tell Xodi I'm gonna catch up with him on the nuke list!
[/quote]
I got a replacement for my lost uranium trade so I was able to build 2 more nukes today, so I made an extra just for you. ;)

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1283634135' post='2441706']
If you got two more nukes then I want them both. Don't go spreading the love around now. Once you pop me you can't stop.
[/quote]
Spreading the love is what I do, don't get greedy now. Be patient and you might get another when the time is right.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283634386' post='2441707']
Spreading the love is what I do, don't get greedy now. Be patient and you might get another when the time is right.
[/quote]

Time is always right, Methy boy. By the way, the scoreboard is still 6-0 in my favor. Feel free to try and get some points on the board.

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1283634718' post='2441712']
Time is always right, Methy boy. By the way, the scoreboard is still 6-0 in my favor. Feel free to try and get some points on the board.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure I've won every air attack and defended successfully against all of yours. You've taken more damage than me by far.

Congratulations Methrage you have a million war wonders, more spies than anyone at 3-4 times your NS, nukes, more and better planes, war improvements, secret aid pouring in, and presumably a large warchest. If you can't take down a bunch of untested new nations with probably level 2-3 planes at best, no wonders, 0-50 spies, zero nukes, and your first strike advantage you deserve to eat ZI. Feel free to ignore this post since it disrupts your sad little sphere of cognitive dissonance, though