GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1283837780' post='2444966']
Well Methy boy, I keep waiting for these nukes and they just aren't coming. Even after you received some non-secret aid! I guess you really aren't a guy of your word.

Also, scoreboard is now 14-2. I haven't been stopped on the ground yet and Methy here is 2 for 6, when he even musters up the gusto to try and send in his troops.

I'm sure Methy will be in here with a whole bag of excuses and how "I'm not worthy" or something like that. The reality is that he can't stop me, and if Methy boy doesn't want to see me gloating then he needs to not pick fights for attention; especially ones he can't win.
[/quote]

You are fighting a single enemy, who is fighting 6 other nations.

When you've fought in real Planet Bob combat, come back and tell us what a l33t super warrior you are, Sparky. :rolleyes:

Methrage talks a lot of trash...he's also seen heavy combat. Too much heavy combat of his own doing. Still, he at least gets a partial pass.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1284077246' post='2448209']

When you've fought in real Planet Bob combat, come back and tell us what a l33t super warrior you are, Sparky. :rolleyes:

Methrage talks a lot of trash...he's also seen heavy combat. Too much heavy combat of his own doing. Still, he at least gets a partial pass.
[/quote]

Methy boy is fighting six nations completely on his own accord. Ignorance is no excuse; he knew exactly what he was getting himself into.

Like you said, he talks a lot of trash. So when he gets smacked down, he should expect trash talk back. If he can't handle it, it's no sweat off my brow.

There's plenty of other people on this planet for you to weep over. It's not a warrior valiantly falling on his sword when he constantly runs into the damn thing.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283816517' post='2444533']
Refusing to sanction a nuclear rogue? CB? Roll Pacifica and its allies like LOLNSO? :popcorn:
[/quote]
Its already been established I'm not a rogue in the OP and Pacifica has zero obligation to commit an act of war on GOONS behalf. So far I've been sanctioned on all the color spheres except Pink, Aqua, Green and Red, but I think the senators on those colors are smart enough to realize they don't need to do what GOONS tell them to and just because GOONS says something doesn't make it true. (in the OP they said they were declaring on the alliance Kerberos Nexus, but then they changed their stance to rogue when they realized that its easier to convince senators to sanction if they throw the term rogue in there.)

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284081956' post='2448289']
Its already been established I'm not a rogue in the OP and Pacifica has zero obligation to commit an act of war on GOONS behalf. So far I've been sanctioned on all the color spheres except Pink, Aqua, Green and Red, but I think the senators on those colors are smart enough to realize they don't need to do what GOONS tell them to and just because GOONS says something doesn't make it true. (in the OP they said they were declaring on the alliance Kerberos Nexus, but then they changed their stance to rogue when they realized that its easier to convince senators to sanction if they throw the term rogue in there.)
[/quote]
Lying to Senators and alliances about the reason for sanctions? CB? Roll GOONS and its allies?

[b]Edit:[/b] changed a word...

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1284083160' post='2448306']
Lying to Senators and alliances about the reason for war? CB? Roll GOONS and its allies?
[/quote]
Rolling GOONS probably would satisfy a lot of people including myself. I think if GOONS tries forcing or lying to a senator to get them to sanction someone, that is a good enough reason for war. If an alliance declares in defense KN, considering GOONS DoWed us, all GOONS allies wouldn't be obligated to enter.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284083370' post='2448312']
Rolling GOONS probably would satisfy a lot of people including myself. I think if GOONS tries forcing or lying to a senator to get them to sanction someone, that is a good enough reason for war. If an alliance declares in defense KN, considering GOONS DoWed us, all GOONS allies wouldn't be obligated to enter.
[/quote]

Please don't ever change, Methrage.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284083370' post='2448312']
[/quote]
Rolling GOONS probably would satisfy a lot of people including myself. $%&@ GOONS.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1284077246' post='2448209']
[/quote]
He's fighting a nuclear-armed nation with 80 planes, over 500 spies, ~25 wonders, and over 50 improvements.

Frankly Methrage should be dominating all six of them.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284081956' post='2448289']
So far I've been sanctioned on all the color spheres except Pink, Aqua, Green and Red, but I think the senators on those colors are smart enough to realize they don't need to do what GOONS tell them to and just because GOONS says something doesn't make it true.
[/quote]
I missed Aqua and Green? Thanks for reminding me.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1284085707' post='2448356']
He's fighting a nuclear-armed nation with 80 planes, over 500 spies, ~25 wonders, and over 50 improvements.

Frankly Methrage should be dominating all six of them.

I missed Aqua and Green? Thanks for reminding me.
[/quote]
I think they'll have more common sense than to sanction me considering you DoWed us making this an alliance war, or at least I hope they do.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284086294' post='2448364']
I think they'll have more common sense than to sanction me considering you DoWed us making this an alliance war, or at least I hope they do.
[/quote]
You realize that we have allies on both aqua and green. Technically speaking if you actually believe this is an alliance war you'll already have to fight them (good luck with that by the way).

And we posted a DoW, but the first six declarations came from your AA. Even if the aggressive vs defensive mattered (it doesn't, all our allies would support us in this scenario anyway), you declared first.

I just asked; their senators are merely unavailable at the moment.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1284086481' post='2448370']
You realize that we have allies on both aqua and green. Technically speaking if you actually believe this is an alliance war you'll already have to fight them (good luck with that by the way).

And we posted a DoW, but the first six declarations came from your AA. Even if the aggressive vs defensive mattered (it doesn't, all our allies would support us in this scenario anyway), you declared first.

I just asked; their senators are merely unavailable at the moment.
[/quote]
I guess we'll see if you control the senates on Aqua and Green to use however you please as well then, although I think Bob Janova and others have already recognized this as an alliance war due to you guys declaring it such in the OP.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1284085707' post='2448356']

Frankly Methrage should be dominating all six of them.[/quote]

Not if you're coordinating correctly. If Methrage is holding serve, then it's GOONS fault.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283780537' post='2443743']
So far STA, FOK, GOD, FAN and Umbrella have all decided to use their senate seat as weapon to help GOONS in this war. So all these alliances seem to support GOONS and the use of sanctions in alliance wars.
[/quote]
Yeah except the only alliance involved here is GOONS. You and the other rogues won't magically become alliances through the power of repetition, sorry!

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284086895' post='2448382']
Yeah except the only alliance involved here is GOONS. You and the other rogues won't magically become alliances through the power of repetition, sorry!
[/quote]
GOONS won't magically become an alliance through repetition either, its a disbanded alliance and can't reform. Thus the current GOONS isn't an alliance and just a bunch of rogues flying an AA as they tech raid and cause trouble.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1284086788' post='2448380']
Not if you're coordinating correctly. If Methrage is holding serve, then it's GOONS fault.
[/quote]

Considering Methy boy can't make change for a nickel right now, I'd say we're doing ok.

Besides, who said we're done once this round wraps up?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284087054' post='2448385']
GOONS won't magically become an alliance through repetition either, its a disbanded alliance and can't reform. Thus the current GOONS isn't an alliance and just a bunch of rogues flying an AA as they tech raid and cause trouble.
[/quote]
Same acronym, different name. Want to try again?

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284087161' post='2448391']
Same acronym, different name. Want to try again?
[/quote]
Kerberos Nexus is an alliance because it has more than nation in it who coordinate and are obligated to assist each other. Do you want to try again or even know how the war started? It was because I'm in alliance I ended up at war with GOONS to begin with.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284087350' post='2448393']
Kerberos Nexus is an alliance because it has more than nation in it who coordinate and are obligated to assist each other. Do you want to try again or even know how the war started? It was because I'm in alliance I ended up at war with GOONS to begin with.
[/quote]
You will be very hard pressed to find an alliance worth anything that recognises two nations as an alliance. When I suggested that you try again I didn't mean switching to another tired old line that's been debunked again and again and again.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284087054' post='2448385']
[/quote]

Even if we did have the same name (which we don't. The AA is not just "GOONS". You obviously noticed this when you declared war) this is a ridiculous notion. You're saying that having the same name as an old alliance automatically makes you a bunch of rogues.

By your logic, the following alliances are rogues:

Grand Global Alliance
Illuminati
Imperial Assault Alliance
Independent Coalition of Nations
Nordreich
Viridian Entente

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284086668' post='2448373']
I guess we'll see if you control the senates on Aqua and Green to use however you please as well then, although I think Bob Janova and others have already recognized this as an alliance war due to you guys declaring it such in the OP.
[/quote]
You will be on aqua and green. Frankly I thought these were already done, but apparently the senators are unavailable at the moment.

By the way, since you consider sanctioning you an act of war (a convenient but amusing stance for a rogue to take), and you said that anyone who sanctions you will be "dealt with," I should point this out. In order to not go back on your word, you will have to declare war on the following alliances:

Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism (GOONS)
Umbrella
Global Order of Darkness (GOD)
Federation of Armed Nations (FAN)
Siberian Tiger Alliance (STA)
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance (MCXA)
The Legion
Carpe Diem
iFOK
And shortly, Mushroom Kingdom (MK) and Viridian Entente (VE)

Additionally, since you consider yourself a real alliance and this to be an alliance war, you will not only have to contend with those people, but all their allies. Ergo, you are currently at war with:

Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism (GOONS)
Umbrella
Global Order of Darkness (GOD)
Federation of Armed Nations (FAN)
Siberian Tiger Alliance (STA)
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance (MCXA)
The Legion
Carpe Diem
iFOK
Mushroom Kingdom (MK)
Viridian Entente (VE)
League of Shadows Treaty (LOST)
Poison Clan (PC)
Open Source Alliance (OSA)
Alpha Omega (AO)
Sparta
Mostly Harmless Alliance (MHA)
FOK
Argent
Kronos
Basketball Ninjas
Athens
Greenland Republic
Federation of Buccaneers
Orange Defense Network (ODN)
Genesis
Nueva Vida (NV)
Ronin
New Polar Order (NpO)
Ragnarok (RoK)
The Templar Knights
Monos Archein
Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations (CSN)
The Corporation
Ascended Republic of Elite States (ARES)
Silence
The Phoenix Federation (TPF)
Valhalla
North Atlantic Defense Coalition (NADC)
Global Democratic Alliance (GDA)
Invicta
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
New Pacific Order (NPO)
New Sith Order (NSO)
Incorporated City-States of Brengstklau (ICB)
Rome
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes
Farkistan
World Federation (WF)
Tetris
Random Insanity Alliance (RIA)
The Brigade
Global Alliance and Treaty Organization (GATO)
People's Order of Truth
Phoenix Rising (PR)
Symphony
The Goa'uld Empire
Omniscient Empire of Green
Legacy

Good luck.