GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

[quote name='lightningjim' timestamp='1284095525' post='2448610']
To: lightningjim From: Methrage Date: 9/10/2010 12:02:49 AM

Subject: Battle Report

Message: You have been verbally attacked by Methrage. You lost 2.60 IQ Points. You gained 1.1 points in reputation by your enemy's abandoned senses. In the end the battle was a Success. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have likely been ignored by the other party.
[/quote]

Hey! I suspect that battle report is fake!

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1284095985' post='2448617']
Hey! I suspect that battle report is fake!
[/quote]
Well that's what I got in my inbox. Perhaps my mail client is lying to me?

Or was it... a GHOST?!?

Edited by lightningjim

[quote name='lightningjim' timestamp='1284096118' post='2448620']
Well that's what I got in my inbox. Perhaps my mail client is lying to me?

Or was it... a GHOST?!?
[/quote]

Wait! One of those pixels are out of place. I'm not sure, but something isn't right here.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284096609' post='2448623']
MK sanctioned me on aqua now as well, I guess it should of been expected for them to support GOONS regardless of the circumstances and request.
[/quote]

You're getting ever closer to needing to declare on the nice list that Beefspari wrote up for you.

Can't you wait?

MK sanctioned me on aqua now as well, I guess it should of been expected for them to support GOONS regardless of the circumstances and request.
[/quote]

Don't worry, Methrage. You still have good old dependable red. :)

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1284096696' post='2448626']
Don't worry, Methrage. You still have good old dependable red. :)
[/quote]
Red does seem to be the best sphere and where my alliance is based anyways. Green and pink are still cool as well...

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1284092180' post='2448518']
I think what he's saying is very clear. Someone in your alliance is guilty of OOC libel.

Now given your alliance's track record, in whatever incarnation, I suggest picking your words from this point forward very carefully.
[/quote]
Or what?

[/quote]

You're playing tag with the obvious, it seems. Usually you try to run away from it.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1284098595' post='2448652']
You're playing tag with the obvious, it seems. Usually you try to run away from it.
[/quote]

Well obviously our allies shouldn't have sanctioned him at our request because....

Actually, I can't think of a reason NOT to sanction him.

[size="5"]GOONS OFFICIAL INTERNAL INVESTIGATION UPDATE[/size]

I am pleased to announce as Head Gumshoe of GOONS that we have completed our internal investigation of the matter of the libelous Methrage logs posted in this thread. Unfortunately, the results of the investigation are inconclusive. Pending further evidence pertaining to this matter, the investigation has been closed.

GOONS offers Libertarian Empire its sincerest apologies, as at the time of the posting we believed the logs to be genuine. This was a grievous error on our part. Next time Methrage says something on IRC about disliking blacks or hispanics, we will confirm that it is truly Methrage before posting the logs in the OWF.

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1284108025' post='2448698']
[size="5"]GOONS OFFICIAL INTERNAL INVESTIGATION UPDATE[/size]

I am pleased to announce as Head Gumshoe of GOONS that we have completed our internal investigation of the matter of the libelous Methrage logs posted in this thread. Unfortunately, the results of the investigation are inconclusive. Pending further evidence pertaining to this matter, the investigation has been closed.

GOONS offers Libertarian Empire its sincerest apologies, as at the time of the posting we believed the logs to be genuine. This was a grievous error on our part. Next time Methrage says something on IRC about disliking blacks or hispanics, we will confirm that it is truly Methrage before posting the logs in the OWF.
[/quote]
I forgive you assuming your apology is sincere, but I'm not decommissioning any wonders to end the war. After the current wars expire, with the last one expiring on the 13th, I'll consider our war over if you guys don't launch new wars.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284111259' post='2448710']
I forgive you assuming your apology is sincere, but I'm not decommissioning any wonders to end the war. After the current wars expire, with the last one expiring on the 13th, I'll consider our war over if you guys don't launch new wars.
[/quote]
I wouldn't be expecting mercy from GOONS for a while after what you've done. :v:

edit: would != wouldn't :facepalm:

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1284111742' post='2448713']
I would be expecting mercy from GOONS for a while after what you've done. :v:
[/quote]
I gave six of them opportunities to get nuke badges, war training, and they managed to profit off it by getting aid from NSO. Most of the alliance is at war with random nations anyways since they enjoy fighting, so I sort of did them a favor by giving them an enemy they could focus on for a while. They were bored out of their minds until they ended up at war with me...

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284112044' post='2448715']
I gave six of them opportunities to get nuke badges, war training, and they managed to profit off it by getting aid from NSO. Most of the alliance is at war with random nations anyways since they enjoy fighting, so I sort of did them a favor by giving them an enemy they could focus on for a while. They were bored out of their minds until they ended up at war with me...
[/quote]
Already told you on IRC Methrage, you offered white peace on day one before the nukes even fell. We didn't want it. We're happy to war you forever. You only got off last time because of TOP. You weren't willing to meet any of our demands or requirements. That was back when you actually had money and tech to offer us. Not that you were willing to give us any of it.

We're not as nice as VE, and TOP isn't going to pay for you again. If you aren't willing to put aside your pride and compromise for once in your life (no, you aren't getting white peace nor are you going to get off without paying us for all the nukes you've dropped), then we'll see if you have what it takes to rogue on us indefinitely. We'll also see just how long people are willing to send you secret aid and risk getting uncovered.

When you're ready to actually talk peace, you know where to find us.

EDIT: By the way, you're sanctioned on aqua. Thanks for reminding me.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1284112649' post='2448719']
Already told you on IRC Methrage, you offered white peace on day one before the nukes even fell. We didn't want it. We're happy to war you forever. You only got off last time because of TOP. You weren't willing to meet any of our demands or requirements. That was back when you actually had money and tech to offer us. Not that you were willing to give us any of it.

We're not as nice as VE, and TOP is going to pay for you again. If you aren't willing to put aside your pride and compromise for once in your life (no, you aren't getting white peace nor are you going to get off without paying us for all the nukes you've dropped), then we'll see if you have what it takes to rogue on us indefinitely. We'll also see just how long people are willing to send you secret aid and risk getting uncovered.

When you're ready to actually talk peace, you know where to find us.
[/quote]
I'm not willing to decommission wonders if that is what peace would entail, I would be willing to do some tech deals with you guys and sign a NAP as discussed on IRC, but decommissioning my FAC or any other wonder isn't something I'll do.

So if as indicated on IRC that peace would have to involve decommissioning wonders I don't have reason to talk with you more, but signing the NAP and tech dealing with you guys would be meeting 2/3.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1284113231' post='2448722']
Private channels FTW. Just saying.
[/quote]
When she says ready to talk about peace she refers to decommissioning FAC or other wonders, so that's what is holding up any serious talk of peace since I'm unwilling to do that.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1284116278' post='2448727']
Kind of feel sorry for Meth's friends in TOP. They did pony up 90 million to get him off the hook and he pulls this stunt.
[/quote]
TOP are uninvolved in this, I'm not sure why people try portraying them as victim in this war or having ownership over my nation after that. I do appreciate what they did though and haven't forgotten the favor, although I didn't ask them to pay that.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284116610' post='2448732']
TOP are uninvolved in this, I'm not sure why people try portraying them as victim in this war or having ownership over my nation after that. I do appreciate what they did though and haven't forgotten the favor, although I didn't ask them to pay that.
[/quote]

[color=#dc1400]I[/color][color=#dc2800]n[/color] [color=#dc5000]o[/color][color=#dc6400]r[/color][color=#dc7800]d[/color][color=#dc8c00]e[/color][color=#dca000]r[/color] [color=#dcc800]t[/color][color=#dcdc00]o[/color] [color=#b4dc00]g[/color][color=#a0dc00]e[/color][color=#8cdc00]t[/color] [color=#64dc00]p[/color][color=#50dc00]e[/color][color=#3cdc00]a[/color][color=#28dc00]c[/color][color=#14dc00]e[/color] [color=#00dc14]y[/color][color=#00dc28]o[/color][color=#00dc3c]u[/color] [color=#00dc64]m[/color][color=#00dc78]u[/color][color=#00dc8c]s[/color][color=#00dca0]t[/color] [color=#00dcc8]j[/color][color=#00dcdc]o[/color][color=#00c8dc]i[/color][color=#00b4dc]n[/color] [color=#008cdc]G[/color][color=#0078dc]O[/color][color=#0064dc]O[/color][color=#0050dc]N[/color][color=#003cdc]S[/color][color=#0028dc].[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284113630' post='2448723']
When she says ready to talk about peace she refers to decommissioning FAC or other wonders, so that's what is holding up any serious talk of peace since I'm unwilling to do that.
[/quote]
I said that's one of the things people in GOONS are suggesting. You also shot down tech deals and everything else I said. Last time, you shot down absolutely everything we said until TOP bailed you out. You seem to believe you'll eventually get white peace or that you shouldn't have to pay for anything. You're against paying reps of any kind, getting rid of your FAC, giving us information we ask for, drawing or writing anything, or generally doing anything to suggest you were ever wrong or made poor decisions. In fact, you said on IRC you don't even want to surrender -- you want to pretty much just peace out or even sign a treaty as if we're equals.

Rogues don't get to make up their surrender terms. So again, when you're actually serious about peace, and realize that you aren't going to get away scott free, you know where to find me.