GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283517895' post='2440332']
I wonder how many others will join Methrage
[/quote]
You must be new around here, or don't know anything about Methrage. This combined with your above "analysis" of the situation indicates as such. I'll fill you in on a few tips:

Nobody will join Methrage; we know this because this is the second time he decided to rogue against us. He also rogued against VE. Nobody joined him either time. His reason for war gets weaker every time. This time it was literally just that he got bored and maybe he didn't like getting beat up last time or something, even though he was the aggressor (which explains why he's back for more??).

Methrage doesn't have a warchest, and his military wonders are meaningless other than his MP. He's already losing GAs and having people win against him. Even his MP will be useless soon as his infra and tech falls, and even when he does launch nukes he's hitting people and doing less than the $500,000 nuke cost to their nations because he's hitting people so small.

We will not need backup. We didn't last time when he was significantly larger. Last time he still had ~2000 tech and was getting constant aid packages. Besides his tech inflating his numbers and allowing him to declare and nuke on much larger people, he didn't have to worry about dropping below 75 tech. He also had more money then. Even if we were worried, all we'd have to do is clog the people he's fighting full of aid.

No, he will not do significant damage to us. He's going to nuke people below 6k. Who cares. Methrage likes to flaunt his nukes around, but he's going to be blowing lots of cash for his nation size to hit people who can be fixed in a single aid package. Not only is this nowhere near a threat to GOONS, but people are lining up to eagerly enjoy the satisfaction.

Methrage already declared his three, so for the next 6 days his infra will only be falling. Since he doesn't have a warchest like I mentioned, that 5000-12,000 you mentioned is going to look more like 0-1000. But even if he does hold on and declare on someone a little higher, still, who cares? He's just blowing his nonexistent warchest to nuke people below 10k. Nobody but him thinks this matters.

I'm sure you think it's the numbers that tell the story, but I'll let history speak for itself when I say: no u.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='President Obama' timestamp='1283522419' post='2440361']
Well, I'm outraged.
[/quote]
Perhaps you're even....Meth...raged? [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/suicide.gif[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283521170' post='2440351']
You must be new around here, or don't know anything about Methrage. This combined with your above "analysis" of the situation indicates as such. I'll fill you in on a few tips:

Nobody will join Methrage; we know this because this is the second time he decided to rogue against us. He also rogued against VE. Nobody joined him either time. His reason for war gets weaker every time. This time it was literally just that he got bored and maybe he didn't like getting beat up last time or something, even though he was the aggressor (which explains why he's back for more??).

[/quote]

With all due respect, VE has a far better reputation than GOONS and events of the past do not predict the future.
It's a crusade and as such there will always be some who follow. Either way it will be interesting, perhaps even popcorn worthy.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283522859' post='2440367']
With all due respect, VE has a far better reputation than GOONS and events of the past do not predict the future.
[/quote]When the characters you are dealing with are inherently predictable, it's a pretty good barometer.

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1283523556' post='2440380']
Uh, how can someone be playing the victim when they are, in fact, the victim? There's not much to debate on this, GOONS are handling this professionally and with a good deal of tact. If it is just a PR stunt, keep them coming. Much better than the alternative.
[/quote]
Sadly it appears people are invoking the RV doctrine, in which the facts of the matter cease to be important.

Thank you for this Methrage, the last time you did this we saw an enormous spike in activity and growth as people crowded around to watch your antics, I expect a similar crowd to come this time too. You have done us a great service.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283523879' post='2440383']
Sadly it appears people are invoking the RV doctrine, in which the facts of the matter cease to be important.

Thank you for this Methrage, the last time you did this we saw an enormous spike in activity and growth as people crowded around to watch your antics, I expect a similar crowd to come this time too. You have done us a great service.
[/quote]

In that case, why not pay the man and fill his aid slots with packages of 3M/50T/2000Soldiers :ehm:

Edit: you can even increase that since he has a FAC :smug:

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='EddyH' timestamp='1283519487' post='2440341']
well I'm out then :P I just found out you were once at war with Grems :o an enemy of grems is an enemy of mine
[/quote]
I'm not an enemy of Gremlins, I consider them a fine alliance who were honorable foes on the battlefield and that war was a while ago.

It's a crusade and as such there will always be some who follow. Either way it will be interesting, perhaps even popcorn worthy.
[/quote]

With all due respect no one really cares about your assessment of who has a better reputation. I am confident that Beefspari's assessment will be spot on as she is usually right with these things.

... but Dammit Beefspari some of my guys wanted a piece of him, how dare you not include allies in your fun, we will be talking!

[/quote]
No, it's Methrage. I'm no fan of GOONS (as a casual survey of my posts will show) but they're both (a) in the right and (b) correct in their assessment of the tactical situation here.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283534456' post='2440532']
Both sides are made up of fools, but fools like these are what keep Bob interesting.
:popcorn:
[/quote]
since your war was so thoroughly boring

Edited by Jakome

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1283538064' post='2440571']
Also, Methrage, never change.
[/quote]

This.

Honestly I was thinking you were going to continue to mess with us on OWF, and maybe actually have some superficial CB again at least 6 months out. So this is clearly above my expectations. B-)

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283538379' post='2440574']
Don't know how our war was boring, maybe the propaganda was crap but we won 5:1 odds.
[/quote]

Now this is how you do propaganda. It does involve a disassociation with reality in order to make yourself look good. I think that's what the NNK do. Of course they do it ironically. :lol1:

Edited by lightningjim

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283534456' post='2440532']Both sides are made up of fools[/quote]

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283538379' post='2440574']we won 5:1 odds.[/quote]

Kettle, this is pot. You are black, repeat, you are black. Over.