War Ends

[quote name='Kirkhill' timestamp='1282718152' post='2430594']
How exactly was I ghosting NSO? I joined, I completed there Academy, and was a full member. No ghosting on my part, just learned they were not for me.
[/quote]

Sounds like you were not a ghost and I was wrong to assume such a terrible thing, as well as those other horrible things. See, I forget that not everyone knows what the NSO is. I'm kinda like that Fernando chap up there, I assume most new nations are not really so new.

Now good luck out there to you...and good luck to the NSO, Rok & et al on getting past this uneasy peace and onto the next war.

edit, and yeah Copperhead, right on.

Edited by Bavaricar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PPF Hereby ceases all hostilities with Ragnarok, R&R, Global Order of Darkness, Viridian Entente, and The Empire of the New Evolution. This is a sad day, for the PPF recognizes not its defeat militarily --which is a given-- but rather its own inability to make this drab little war any more interesting that it was before our involvement.

For our failure to generate any significant increase in drama we hereby admit an absolute defeat and throw ourselves to the mercy of our boring conquerors.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1282716022' post='2430567']
You did need the odds that's why you ran to your allies for help.
[/quote]

You know that isnt true, anyone with have a brain knows that isnt true. The truth is very simply you were begining to run to peace mode and live the lie. We got as many people who were on at the time to hit to avoid a protracted engagement. The fact that the plan was executed and succeeded is all that really matters, it was extremely easy finding people who wanted to hit you, we had to hold people back actually....

But whatever helps you get through the moment I guess Fernando. Good luck out their sport.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1282721924' post='2430616']
we had to hold people back actually....
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]To be honest, I really rather you hadn't. Most of the people I strongly dislike are in alliances such as Sparta, CSN, \m/, GOONS, etc. Had you called them in to tag-a-long I would have been able to cross off most of my list in this war alone.

You sunk my battleship.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282661555' post='2429435']
TPF were told in advance that the war would only last a few days to a week.
[/quote]
This is not what the main aggrieved party told TPF.

Anyway to the topic, Gluck to all.

Edited by shahenshah

Congrats on making the peace more interesting, vitriolic and aggressive than the actual war.

Pity both sides couldn't lose, which increasingly seems to be my general CN position. Still, I don't think anyone considers this war to be actually over, right?

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1282722659' post='2430621']
Congrats on making the peace more interesting, vitriolic and aggressive than the actual war.

Pity both sides couldn't lose, which increasingly seems to be my general CN position. Still, I don't think anyone considers this war to be actually over, right?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]And yet again I am amazed at Hymenbreach's remarkable ability to talk down to his superiors. Truly he does have a knack for it. As for this being hostile, not really. A few vocal disagreements over how events actually unfolded, which is understandable, but from what I can see everyone is more or less satisfied with the results.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282722886' post='2430623']
[color="#0000FF"]And yet again I am amazed at Hymenbreach's remarkable ability to talk down to his superiors. Truly he does have a knack for it. As for this being hostile, not really. A few vocal disagreements over how events actually unfolded, which is understandable, but from what I can see everyone is more or less satisfied with the results.

[/quote]

I've always found it easy to talk down to you RV, from my evil position of reasonableness.

I sunk your battleship.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1282723031' post='2430626']
I've always found it easy to talk down to you RV, from my evil position of reasonableness.

I sunk your battleship.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The only person who considers you reasonable is yourself. Everyone else sees you for the self-deluded psuedo-intellectual that you are.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282723473' post='2430627']
[color="#0000FF"]The only person who considers you reasonable is yourself. Everyone else sees you for the self-deluded psuedo-intellectual that you are.

[/quote]

Who else would delude me? Anyway, better to be a psuedo intellectual than a no intellectual, hey? Or a not particular skilled demogogue.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282722332' post='2430617']
[color="#0000FF"]To be honest, I really rather you hadn't. Most of the people I strongly dislike are in alliances such as Sparta, CSN, \m/, GOONS, etc. Had you called them in to tag-a-long I would have been able to cross off most of my list in this war alone.

[/quote]

Well to be honest we were sort of expecting some sort of response from RoK attacking NSO, so most of us were in reserve.
Luckily none of your allies decided to defend you. That was nice of them, made our jobs easier etc.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282690259' post='2430004']
I had six wars also ... yet, I didn't turtle. All in good fun anyway, 'Nando. I just prefer an actual fight when attacked. :P
[/quote]
Up until 2 weeks ago I've always believed you a respectable man of your word. But my doubts have grown exponentially with my doubts in your treaty partners due to their recent actions and your inactions.

"As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men. " the words of a Monseigneur (no more fictional than any of our characters) ..

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282690469' post='2430008']
I am open to a duel once you guys rebuild. We do allow those here at RoK.
[/quote]

I'll believe that the moment you'll actually step forward without the bloodhounds.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1282709381' post='2430453']
The size, harshness, or intended humour of a set of terms does not in any way effect the fact of their existence.
[/quote]
It really, really does because these are negligible. Being from an alliance that has handed out and received far worse, you'd think you'd recognize that. But I guess you need something to complain about so have at it.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1282721924' post='2430616']
You know that isnt true, anyone with have a brain knows that isnt true. The truth is very simply you were begining to run to peace mode and live the lie. We got as many people who were on at the time to hit to avoid a protracted engagement. The fact that the plan was executed and succeeded is all that really matters, it was extremely easy finding people who wanted to hit you, we had to hold people back actually....

But whatever helps you get through the moment I guess Fernando. Good luck out their sport.
[/quote]
You could have sent out a war alert to your alliance. Waited a mere 24 hours and then launch your offensive. We could have had our duel. Instead you guys chose to call your allies because fighting a 1v1 strategic war against us would see you being destroyed along with us. You needed your allies because you can't do the job on your own. Intel suggested you would be cowards so peace mode was an option we took. Had it only been you attacking along with TENE, we would rip you.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1282726024' post='2430636']
Well to be honest we were sort of expecting some sort of response from RoK attacking NSO, so most of us were in reserve.
[/quote]
This is shocking to find out, we would never have suspected that this could lead to anything more. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1282736574' post='2430688']
It really, really does because these are negligible. Being from an alliance that has handed out and received far worse, you'd think you'd recognize that. But I guess you need something to complain about so have at it.
[/quote]
No, it really doesn't. Just because they are small/easy to complete/meant to be funny/not cash or tech does not mean they don't exist. Stop being so defensive and read what I am saying. I am not complaining about the peace settlement at all, I said previously that they are light terms, and I recognize they could have been worse. What I am objecting to is you and your kind shouting 'THERE ARE NO TERMS', when there clearly are. They are light terms, but they are still terms.

I'm not sure why I'd need something to complain about, things are going great over here. I just had to point out the absurdity of you people arguing profusely that there are no terms, in a thread where the OP lays out the terms handed down to NSO and is largely made up of the statements NSO were made to agree to, like threatening TENE, etc.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1282739545' post='2430715']
No, it really doesn't. Just because they are small/easy to complete/meant to be funny/not cash or tech does not mean they don't exist. Stop being so defensive and read what I am saying. I am not complaining about the peace settlement at all, I said previously that they are light terms, and I recognize they could have been worse. What I am objecting to is you and your kind shouting 'THERE ARE NO TERMS', when there clearly are. They are light terms, but they are still terms.

I'm not sure why I'd need something to complain about, things are going great over here. I just had to point out the absurdity of you people arguing profusely that there are no terms, in a thread where the OP lays out the terms handed down to NSO and is largely made up of the statements NSO were made to agree to, like threatening TENE, etc.
[/quote]
I'm not denying that terms exist. They are obviously in the OP. But this is like a teacher promising no homework that night then just before everyone leaves the evil, lying, son of a !@#$%* teachers cries out, "Psyche! Your homework for tonight is to write your name on this piece of paper before you leave. Oh, oh, oh, and tell me about your breakfast when you come back in tomorrow." Cue children crying about the homework.

Terms exist but they are negligible and therefore irrelevant. You can call Hoo an evil lying son of a !@#$%* for giving NSO these easy as hell terms, but you'd look like a fool for doing it. I doubt Hoo cares all that much. I know I wouldn't.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1282740211' post='2430725']
I'm not denying that terms exist. They are obviously in the OP. But this is like a teacher promising no homework that night then just before everyone leaves the evil, lying, son of a !@#$%* teachers cries out, "Psyche! Your homework for tonight is to write your name on this piece of paper before you leave. Oh, oh, oh, and tell me about your breakfast when you come back in tomorrow." Cue children crying about the homework.

Terms exist but they are negligible and therefore irrelevant. You can call Hoo an evil lying son of a !@#$%* for giving NSO these easy as hell terms, but you'd look like a fool for doing it. I doubt Hoo cares all that much. I know I wouldn't.
[/quote]
I'm not sure if you're confusing me with someone, or if you're just incredibly keen to get some highfives from RoK for trying so very hard to deliver a sick burn on a Pacifican (very poor attempt, by the way), but I think you'll find that I haven't called Hoo evil or a liar or mentioned him at all throughout the thread. I am simply pointing out to his supporters in this thread that are saying there are no terms that they did in fact impose terms, because I know that in the weeks and months ahead you lot are going to proclaim that no terms for NSO means you are amazingly benevolent and different from those mean ex-heg types, because, NO TERMS, RIGHT GUYS. While you certainly have a case to make regarding differences in the harshness of terms from this war and times past, you would be much better served actually making that case rather than trying to convince everyone that light terms equals no terms.

So perhaps you should see what is being argued before jumping in and calling people fools and employing a variation of the too cool for school defense (Hoo [i]and[/i] I are too cool for school :smug: ).

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1282737051' post='2430690']
You could have sent out a war alert to your alliance. Waited a mere 24 hours and then launch your offensive. We could have had our duel. Instead you guys chose to call your allies because fighting a 1v1 strategic war against us would see you being destroyed along with us. You needed your allies because you can't do the job on your own. Intel suggested you would be cowards so peace mode was an option we took. Had it only been you attacking along with TENE, we would rip you.

This is shocking to find out, we would never have suspected that this could lead to anything more. Thanks for stating the obvious.
[/quote]

He didn't want the Bill Lock Brigade going to peace mode.

Look, you can argue a lot of things, but that Ragnarok, an alliance twice the size of NSO before the war, with military experience, could not successfully defeat NSO on the field is a silly argument to make. NSO was a low ANS, low % nuclear, low WRC alliance. Rok didn't need VE to beat NSO, Rok just needed VE to cover targets from fleeing to PM.

And you guys had a few people join NSO to fight Rok & Co. You can't fathom the amount of people who would have joined Rok to fight NSO.

Edited by goldielax25

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282690259' post='2430004']
I had six wars also ... yet, I didn't turtle. All in good fun anyway, 'Nando. I just prefer an actual fight when attacked. :P
[/quote]

Interesting. I prefer to take more infra as well as more expensive infra than is being taken.

“If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.”

I don't know who's bright idea it was to throw the beer review in, but its blatantly just a spit in the face to NSO for no tangible benefit as they were already required to say the "s" word anyway.

Good luck with the rebuilding everyone.

o/

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1282709611' post='2430457']
You could have always helped them if you felt they were ganged up on
[/quote]
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=New+Sith+Order+Pacific"]Actually, they kind of are.[/url]

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1282742323' post='2430747']
NSO was a low ANS, low % nuclear, [b]low WRC alliance.[/b]
[/quote]
NSO has 20 WRCs out of 152 nations, or 13.2% of the alliance.

VE has 52 WRCs out of 315 nations, or 16.5% of the alliance.

Ragnarok has 34 WRCs out of 184 nations, or 18.5% of the alliance.

Jeeeez. Yes, they're lower than you two, but you'd think they were GOONS or something from the way you talk.

For an interesting counterexample, BAPS is at 50% coverage.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1282742798' post='2430754']
I don't know who's bright idea it was to throw the beer review in, but its blatantly just a spit in the face to NSO for no tangible benefit as they were already required to say the "s" word anyway.

Good luck with the rebuilding everyone.

o/
[/quote]

Surrender is just a word. Words are tools. When you lose a war, you surrender. Then you come back like Germany and take the world hostage. Some people take issue with just the simple word 'surrender', I couldn't care less.

Edited by SpoiL

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1282742798' post='2430754']
I don't know who's bright idea it was to throw the beer review in, but its blatantly just a spit in the face to NSO for no tangible benefit as they were already required to say the "s" word anyway.[/quote]
That's okay, NSO pretty much did the entire surrender and term thing while shooting the double deuce. I'm just amazed there were no reps involved and the whole surrender came down to quoting a block of text and later noting that they didn't really mean it.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1282743026' post='2430760']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=New+Sith+Order+Pacific"]Actually, they kind of are.[/url]

NSO has 20 WRCs out of 152 nations, or 13.2% of the alliance.

VE has 52 WRCs out of 315 nations, or 16.5% of the alliance.

Ragnarok has 34 WRCs out of 184 nations, or 18.5% of the alliance.

Jeeeez. Yes, they're lower than you two, but you'd think they were GOONS or something from the way you talk.

For an interesting counterexample, BAPS is at 50% coverage.
[/quote]

NSO has 20 WRCs to cover 184 nations and a significantly stronger top tier. Where was I wrong?

Also VE and Rok have a history of getting involved in wars that pretty much will cripple your WRC-buying abilities every few months. Now that we emerge from this one pretty unscathed, the world is on notice to get ready for a war in December/January.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1282743370' post='2430765']
Also VE and Rok have a history of getting involved in wars that pretty much will cripple your WRC-buying abilities every few months.
[/quote]
You're now going to claim that you guys have a history of getting involved in tougher wars than BAPS does?

Oh..... boy.