War Ends

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kaizer BoB' timestamp='1282628175' post='2428952']
And you where very poor fighters one of the peaple fighting me had more troops athen me yet they just scent bomber attacks.
[/quote]

So instead of getting himself killed, he hit you where he could? :v:

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1282628386' post='2428967']
Delta was right. You really [i]don't[/i] know how things work on the other "side" of the web, do you?
[/quote]
Indeed.

Of course, you being the meatshield in question, such an answer is exactly what one would expect from you if I were correct, right?

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1282628386' post='2428967']
Delta was right. You really [i]don't[/i] know how things work on the other "side" of the web, do you?
[/quote]
According to the earlier log dump "just trust me" is how things work.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1282628499' post='2428974']
According to the earlier log dump "just trust me" is how things work.
[/quote]
We try not to let evidence get in the way of a good [i]ad hominem[/i] around here. Obviously I have no idea how this world works. I never have. People like Delta and others have proven time and again that when they attempt to go toe to toe with me that they are my betters.

Oh wait.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282626409' post='2428836']
Well, it's a shame to see that RoK is not an alliance who keeps their word. That's sad. Everything he used to say was something you could be sure of.
It's a shame to find out that Hoo's word is meaningless. He used to be one of those leaders who meant what he said, and you could take it to the bank. Apparently, he's either not really in charge of RoK or he's a liar.
[/quote]

Sad to see STA doing NSO's !@#$%* work but I am happy to play along...

Ragnarok and her allies did walk away from this war as stated. I dont see ANY mention of reparations or demands unless of course you count the alliance crushing requirement of a beer review? /end sarcasm
The war was not dragged on and NSO was given the opportunity to have peace prior to update tonight thus avoiding another round, as those partial querys that you were not actually a part of stated.

But hey thanks for the positive PR STA!

[quote name='Kaizer BoB' timestamp='1282628175' post='2428952']
And you where very poor fighters one of the peaple fighting me had more troops athen me yet they just scent bomber attacks.
[/quote]

If I had a nickel for every time someone sent 20 bombers against one of our soldiers, I could retire now.

And I'm in high school.

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1282628698' post='2428980']

Ragnarok and her allies did walk away from this war as stated. I dont see ANY mention of reparations or demands unless of course you count the alliance crushing requirement of a beer review? /end sarcasm
The war was not dragged on and NSO was given the opportunity to have peace prior to update tonight thus avoiding another round, as those partial querys that you were not actually a part of stated.

[/quote]

Nice try, but the specific wording was NOTHING would be expected of NSO. I don't know about you, but sitting in that room I sure felt as though something was expected of me. Might have been placing my signature on those terms or face a very very long war.

I don't get why people consider apologies/admissions of wrong doing(subjectively speaking of course) as a "term." I mean, by surrendering you're implying this in the first place, winners writing history and all.

Though I guess if I said that, I couldn't say that NPO lost GWI :awesome:

[/quote]
I wasn't aware that no terms and some terms were equivalent now.

Is that new RoKmath?

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1282628774' post='2428983']
Nice try, but the specific wording was NOTHING would be expected of NSO. I don't know about you, but sitting in that room I sure felt as though something was expected of me. Might have been placing my signature on those terms or face a very very long war.
[/quote]

How will you ever live with a beer term, I wonder.

Oh well, you do have corinan! :P

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1282628836' post='2428986']
I don't get why people consider apologies/admissions of wrong doing(subjectively speaking of course) as a "term." I mean, by surrendering you're implying this in the first place, winners writing history and all.

Though I guess if I said that, I couldn't say that NPO lost GWI :awesome:
[/quote]
I don't believe the admission of fault, even though specifics of the actual admission are false, is the issue.

The review is simply a hold out of the last time GOD was a tag-a-long in a war against NSO and they didn't get it. It is a term. It may not be a term that is harsh or objectionable to some people but it is still a term, which is not what the leader of RoK, who claimed to be in charge, stated would be asked for.

[/quote]

Where I come from, "There would be no terms, we'd just walk away." does not mean "You will copy and paste these exact words that I have written for you and agree to write a beer review, or we will continue to attack you." Being forced to do something in order to receive peace is, indeed, a term whether you'd like to admit it or not. But you go right on ahead and keep telling yourselves that your alliance didn't get caught in a lie. It's ok. We all know the truth now.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282628791' post='2428984']
Darn the plan to crush CD has failed.
[/quote]

And it will, time and time again.

On topic, I'm glad to see that the NSO was TOLD to say those things. Makes it seem like they were willing participants in the end of this pissy war. I wonder what it would be like if for once the actual instigators apologized for starting a war. Wouldn't that be something?

These kinds of admission of guilt terms are curious. They leave very little recourse for the NSO to complain about the war in future discussions.

It is in some ways a restriction of free speech. Should an NSO member declare, for example, that they didn't provoke Ragnarok, he would be in breach of terms and thus, theoretically, open to attack. Just As Bad[sup]TM[/sup] indeed.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1282626609' post='2428855']
Hoo said it wouldn't last past this round.
[/quote]

The first baseman.

Or is it pronounced hoe?

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1282628993' post='2428993']
And it will, time and time again.

On topic, I'm glad to see that the NSO was TOLD to say those things. Makes it seem like they were willing participants in the end of this pissy war. I wonder what it would be like if for once the actual instigators apologized for starting a war. Wouldn't that be something?
[/quote]

The loser in a war being forced to admit wrong-doing. It's like this crazy new concept those folks at Hegemony 2.0 thought up of, right next to incredibly harsh terms.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1282628999' post='2428994']
These kinds of admission of guilt terms are curious. They leave very little recourse for the NSO to complain about the war in future discussions.

It is in some ways a restriction of free speech. Should an NSO member declare, for example, that they didn't provoke Ragnarok, he would be in breach of terms and thus, theoretically, open to attack. Just As Bad[sup]TM[/sup] indeed.

The first baseman.

Or is it pronounced hoe?
[/quote]

That wouldn't be a violation of terms. The terms were very literally "You will sign this or we will continue to attack you." They signed it. It is what it is.

Edited by pezstar