Joint VE/GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282935903' post='2432995']
words
[/quote]
NSO requires all of their nations to give up millions of infra, tech and land for peace

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The discussion has been about how peace is obtained (read: forced upon those who don't desire to play the game from our realm), not about whether or not it's required to be at peace when joining an alliance.
[/quote]
I know that. I was making a point about appealing to the popularity of an idea, rather than the merits of the idea. Whether or not our peace policy for raids is popular says nothing about the merits or lack thereof of said policies.

Glad to know the Viridian Entente is now the authority on who is capable or deserves to play this game.
[/quote]

Because I totally represent my alliance and everything I say is automatically their position.

Or not.

The discussion has been about how peace is obtained (read: forced upon those who don't desire to play the game from our realm), not about whether or not it's required to be at peace when joining an alliance.
[/quote]

I think you missed the point where GOONS tech raids still end the way you'd expect them to, but that little "PM for peace" gets the nation out of that raid only, completeing a mercy board challenge gets a raided nation on to a list of nations GOONS aren't allowed to raid.

[quote]
Glad to know the Viridian Entente is now the authority on who is capable or deserves to play this game.
[/quote]

And we ever claimed we were? Oh wait no, actually we've claimed the exact opposite in the past, most recently me, personally, in the gramlins thread when some idiot started in on the "do something about it" line of argument and I pointed out its not our place to enforce our judgments on the rest of the world.

For somebody who has the word propaganda in his job title you might want to learn the difference between lies and propaganda. One is clever and compelling and one just makes you look bitter. Guess which one you've been doing?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1282937636' post='2433017']
I think you missed the point where GOONS tech raids still end the way you'd expect them to, but that little "PM for peace" gets the nation out of that raid only, completeing a mercy board challenge gets a raided nation on to a list of nations GOONS aren't allowed to raid.
[/quote]
A slight clarification so there are no misunderstandings; GOONS nations are not [i]required[/i] to send peace to a raided nation upon request, although I know there are some of us (myself included) who will. We leave that to the discretion of the individual raider, as a measure of freedom in their own affairs.

However you are correct in that, if a GOONS nation does grant peace to a target by their own choice, whether it be peace sent after each GA, or after PM, or after having a nice chat with the raidee, that peace does not extend past that specific raid. The mercy board route, along with other official avenues (protection, joining an alliance), will afford a more permanent peace.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282926199' post='2432857']
And this here, is EXACTLY the mentality starting to spread through Viridia that drove me away. Congrats Impero. You've done what you always sought out to do. Like every discussion/disagreement we ever had over VE's future from our seats in Ordo ... o/
[/quote]

I'm glad you now have come to realize the benefits of understanding different view points, the impracticability of irrational hate based upon history or categorical differences, and the ever important need to press forward. Thank you for the support.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282934334' post='2432973']
The above named raiding alliances to start .. I'm multi-tasking far too much at the moment[/quote]

Hey, everyone, I have a really extreme allegation for you, but I'm far too busy to provide evidence. Good luck with that.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1282926328' post='2432859']
Please provide how that is logical? That a persons possession they do not use, gives the right for someone else to take it, mainly by force.
[/quote]
You're comparing theft to tech raiding?

I have news for you: Tech raiding isn't illegal. There are no laws forbidding tech raids that cover the entire planet of Bob. Tech raiding is a perfectly legitimate form of earning tech. GOONS not only has laws allowing raids, but encourages it. We have laws that restrict who and when we can raid, but the act itself is not unlawful. Maybe you and your alliance have laws against it, but YOUR laws don't control what WE do in our alliance.

Tech raiding isn't going anywhere, even if you managed to disband GOONS. It's always been, and always will be. But if you think it's your duty to end tech raids, and enforce your will on other alliances, then by all means do something about it.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282943949' post='2433096']

I have news for you: Tech raiding isn't illegal. There are no laws forbidding tech raids that cover the entire planet of Bob. Tech raiding is a perfectly legitimate form of earning tech. GOONS not only has laws allowing raids, but encourages it. We have laws that restrict who and when we can raid, but the act itself is not unlawful. Maybe you and your alliance have laws against it, but YOUR laws don't control what WE do in our alliance.

Tech raiding isn't going anywhere, even if you managed to disband GOONS. It's always been, and always will be. But if you think it's your duty to end tech raids, and enforce your will on other alliances, then by all means do something about it.
[/quote]

Just because it isn't against the rules doesn't mean it isn't theft. They are not giving you their land, tech and money, you are stealing it from them.

Are GOONS just the mercy board? That's the impression some people are giving in this thread. I don't like tech raiding, and I don't like the mercy board, but if that's all you can find to complain about, they can't be that bad.

(And yeah, tech raiding is theft. Just because there isn't a 'law' against theft doesn't mean it isn't theft. But let's not make this a tech raiding thread. If people are resorting to that, when half the alliances in CN tech raid, the thread might as well die.)

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282946872' post='2433135']
I'm a tad late to this one. Personally I think this is a good pairing. Both alliances put self above all others.
[/quote]

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that. I'm sure all alliances are self-centred to a degree. I'd like to think that GOONS has a history of being good to its allies and that's something that I'm always hoping to improve and maintain.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1282950283' post='2433192']
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that. I'm sure all alliances are self-centred to a degree. I'd like to think that GOONS has a history of being good to its allies and that's something that I'm always hoping to improve and maintain.
[/quote]
It wasn't meant in a negative way. I meant you have a way of looking out for best interests.

[quote name='Tungsten' timestamp='1282951866' post='2433214']
oh look, a thread about the validity of tech raiding. I don't think we've ever had one of these before.
[/quote]

Your new treaty partner is the largest, most prolific raiding alliance on Planet Bob. Thus it is only natural that it would come up in a conversation about the treaty.

At this point however the debate is best split off into another thread. I wish VE well in the future and hope they avoid being drawn in to any larger scale hostilities that may result from GOONS' raiding activities.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1282954014' post='2433253']
I wish VE well in the future and hope they avoid being drawn in to any larger scale hostilities that may result from GOONS' raiding activities.
[/quote]

And behind door number 3, we have... the O in ODP!

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1282960124' post='2433343']
Is there a summary of what the recent 20 pages has been about somewhere? I can't really see why there is so much discussion over this fine treaty.
[/quote]
The summary is as follows: !@#$%*ing for the sake of it, some of which was even amusing.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282937381' post='2433013']
Because I totally represent my alliance and everything I say is automatically their position.

Or not.
[/quote]

well that was a pretty retarded claim to make in the first place, who are you to decide what qualifies someone to be here? you can't possibly see straight with your head that far up your colon.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282943949' post='2433096']

[/quote]

Theft is seen as taking or carrying away property or personnel goods of another person without their consent. Thus in my eyes the exact same thing as tech raiding.

but back on point, good luck with it VE. I think you may need it.

Edited by nutkase