Worst Alliance Ever

Chickenzilla

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1282558917' post='2427598']
Interesting, but doesn't help the bias issue, considering the nature of this contest, the people who knew about the nominations and the voting were not as anti-Athens to the same proportion as the general population of this game.[/quote]
I think when it comes to deciding who the "Worst Alliance Ever" is there is going to be bias regardless of who is running the bracket tbqh. It's such a subjective question. And I think you underestimate the number of NpO posters on MK's boards~

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1282555191' post='2427542']
i don't know about you but the guy before with "scientific method and measurable benchmarks" was just hilarious. Shame he didn't post that before you were knocked out though, would've given you a fighting chance.
[/quote]

If MK were to be judged based on your posts, I'm pretty sure they would have gotten alot further too.

That said, I've got this feeling you're just another one of those mindless drones that picks out five words he doesn't like and bases an entire judgment on that. Furthermore, you probably wouldn't understand that Kzoppistan has at least double your IQ, since you, like I just explained, only read 5 words from one of his 2000+ posts.

Why would I go and do something like that?
[/quote]
So that you won't look like a fool when someone points it out. Although apparently you don't care about that.

Interesting, but doesn't help the bias issue, considering the nature of this contest, the people who knew about the nominations and the voting were not as anti-Athens to the same proportion as the general population of this game.
[/quote]

Actually I would think the anti-Athens population is very well represented on our boards, considering they got 15 votes against TSO.

[quote name='Gairyuki' timestamp='1282531504' post='2427169']
Echelon will lose in one of the next few rounds, they just can't match up for WAE against some of the heavy hitters like UPN and Invictorectum.

TSO, on the other hand, is definitely still pushing through. I have them getting to the Final Four iirc.
[/quote]
The Final Four? Or The Elite Four? :smug:

Edited by Tarikmo

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1282536008' post='2427251']
My favourite bit is where he implied BAPS is a better alliance than GOONS.
[/quote]
Which is why I added the bit about being in the same bracket. They should've faced off higher. For srs.

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1282541027' post='2427335']
Is TFD in? They'd definitely have a chance, this post scientifically prooved it.
[/quote]

Fascinating.

[u]In Other News:[/u] Mr. O, president of Kzoppistan, makes a public announcement stating his utter boredom with generic zingers and sub-par snappy replies. New school of [i]Withering Remarks[/i] soon to be opened to the public. Hopes abound that many foreign dignitaries flock to these state sponsored classrooms.

Edited by Kzoppistan

I really am amused that TIO is actually in that lineup as a potential WAE based (most likely) entirely on the fact we have MvP. Is that really as bad as a few alliances that have an entire history of fail? -_-

At least we weren't worse than OO :smug:

Shame you ranked us the same as them though :(

Edited by Skippy

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1282573771' post='2427719']
I really am amused that TIO is actually in that lineup as a potential WAE based (most likely) entirely on the fact we have MvP.[b] Is that really as bad as a few alliances that have an entire history of fail?[/b] -_-

At least we weren't worse than OO :smug:

Shame you ranked us the same as them though :(
[/quote]

Yes, it is.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1282574900' post='2427727']
Yes, it is.
[/quote]
That would make him, in your eyes, a Worst Player rather than the whole alliance being "Worst Alliance" though would it not? If it were multiple people from the same alliance filling all your categories for hatred to MvP, then it would be different.

Also, is this comparing OOC or IC actions? Because you can't really compare your dislike for one person's action outside of the game, with an alliance wide failure throughout its history :smug:

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1282563301' post='2427626']
If MK were to be judged based on your posts, I'm pretty sure they would have gotten alot further too.

That said, I've got this feeling you're just another one of those mindless drones that picks out five words he doesn't like and bases an entire judgment on that. Furthermore, you probably wouldn't understand that Kzoppistan has at least double your IQ, since you, like I just explained, only read 5 words from one of his 2000+ posts.
[/quote]

I'm sure you yourself have read plenty of ua's posts and form your opinion based on accurate investigation of approx. 2,000 posts of uaciaut. Just saying this because if that wasn't the case, your accusations would seem rather silly and little hypocritical unless you're willing to admit you're an intellectually inferior 'drone' yourself as well. If that's the case, you can just forget this post.

edit: let's declare today the official "let's not write proper English" day

Edited by Iosif

[quote name='Iosif' timestamp='1282578860' post='2427786']
I'm sure you yourself have read plenty of ua's posts and form your opinion based on accurate investigation of approx. 2,000 posts of uaciaut. Just saying this because if that wasn't the case, your accusations would seem rather silly and little hypocritical unless you're willing to admit you're an intellectually inferior 'drone' yourself as well. If that's the case, you can just forget this post.

edit: let's declare today the official "let's not write proper English" day
[/quote]

I've read enough to feel confident in my post. Just because this is the first time I've quoted him doesn't mean this is the first time I've seen him. ;)

You see, the difference between my judgment (which was actually mocking his judgment), and his judgment, was that mine was based on the one or two dozen posts I've seen of him over time, while he specifically targeted 5 words out of one post. Yeah.

You, on the other hand, sir, tend to have much better qualities than your friend here. He doesn't deserve your defense.

For the record, I found the commentary to be the best part, especially when you get to see what !@#$ stains some people really are when they're away from their two-facing on the CN forums. But people are what they do so I generally try to avoid being caught sitting around a pissy alliance-bashing-circle like a bunch of harpy !@#$%*es with their panties in a knot.

But at least it was entertaining to read, so kudos to MK. I'm only really !@#$%*ing because I didn't see my name anywhere.

Oh well, there's always next year.

And, the thing about an objective data driven (not subjective opinion drivel) determination, I'd like to see that, as it would warm the cockles of my cold scientific heart.

*Edit: Also, s'up, GearHead. :wub:

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1282580611' post='2427824']
For the record, I found the commentary to be the best part, especially when you get to see what !@#$ stains some people really are when they're away from their two-facing on the CN forums. But people are what they do so I generally try to avoid being caught sitting around a pissy alliance-bashing-circle like a bunch of harpy !@#$%*es with their panties in a knot.

But at least it was entertaining to read, so kudos to MK. I'm only really !@#$%*ing because I didn't see my name anywhere.

Oh well, there's always next year.

And, the thing about an objective data driven (not subjective opinion drivel) determination, I'd like to see that, as it would warm the cockles of my cold scientific heart.

*Edit: Also, s'up, GearHead. :wub:
[/quote]

Its all for you, honey.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1282581178' post='2427834']
Its all for you, honey.
[/quote]

:smug:

Keep that sweet talk up and you all might end up on my Christmas card list after all.

Note, I don't actually send Christmas cards, but I do sign a bunch, and then laugh uproariously while tossing them into the fireplace one-by-one while getting smashed on some nice Syrah. That's a step better than just wanting to throw the actual people in the fire.

*Edit: Oh yeah, the topic, bias rabble rabble lousy polls rabble rabble can't wait till next year rabble rabble die in a fire rabble rabble

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1282581831' post='2427841']
:smug:

Keep that sweet talk up and you all might end up on my Christmas card list after all.

Note, I don't actually send Christmas cards, but I do sign a bunch, and then laugh uproariously while tossing them into the fireplace one-by-one while getting smashed on some nice Syrah. That's a step better than just wanting to throw the actual people in the fire.

*Edit: Oh yeah, the topic, bias rabble rabble lousy polls rabble rabble can't wait till next year rabble rabble die in a fire rabble rabble
[/quote]

You should be praising the voters for not electing TFD WAE... or are you mad they didnt?

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1282586127' post='2427909']
You should be praising the voters for not electing TFD WAE... or are you mad they didnt?
[/quote]

Actually, I should praise TFD for being functional enough to avoid making enough others vote for them in the fail poll.

But never let it be said that I'm not generous to the [s]mindless sheeple[/s] voters. So let us praise the participants of your fail poll!

Praise be the voters! Praise be the voters!

*Edit: Please don't vote for us next year, too.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1282578536' post='2427777']
That would make him, in your eyes, a Worst Player rather than the whole alliance being "Worst Alliance" though would it not? If it were multiple people from the same alliance filling all your categories for hatred to MvP, then it would be different.
[/quote]
Ok. You took in WPE whats that say about you? yep..WAE :P

/hi skippy

Results as of now(with 2 days left to vote)
MHA holds a 20 vote lead over NSO which is probably the surprise of the round for me(100-80)
SOS Brigade surprisingly is 33 votes ahead of MCXA(95-62)
UPN is destroying IRON in the polls 121-46
Invicta who holds a slim 100+ vote lead over IAA(138-20)
Along the same lines Legion has managed to ruin my bracket by garnering 110 votes to Echelons lonely 42(VOTE FOR ECHELON!!!)
NATO's 108 votes pretty much assures theyll beat TOOL who only has 36 votes
TSO has slight competition from FEAR who has 53 votes to TSO's 92
And TPF is pretty much a lock to beat out BAPS (109-43)

Ill post an updated bracket in a little while

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1282594579' post='2428051']
Results as of now(with 2 days left to vote)
MHA holds a 20 vote lead over NSO which is probably the surprise of the round for me(100-80)
SOS Brigade surprisingly is 33 votes ahead of MCXA(95-62)
UPN is destroying IRON in the polls 121-46
Invicta who holds a slim 100+ vote lead over IAA(138-20)
Along the same lines Legion has managed to ruin my bracket by garnering 110 votes to Echelons lonely 42(VOTE FOR ECHELON!!!)
NATO's 108 votes pretty much assures theyll beat TOOL who only has 36 votes
TSO has slight competition from FEAR who has 53 votes to TSO's 92
And TPF is pretty much a lock to beat out BAPS (109-43)

Ill post an updated bracket in a little while
[/quote]

Vox Populi, Vox Dei and all that....

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1282516735' post='2426961']
Hey, at least they had themselves up there in the running. :P

If this is for all time though (which is what Worst Alliance [i]Ever[/i] kinda implies), needs moar Rebbilon, Flying Tigers, TPO, GDI, etc.[/quote]
The Flying Tigers were the best alliance ever. They formed to beat GOONS, and with a few months (or maybe it was a year), the GOONS were vanquished.