STA announcement

pezstar

[quote]He had just informed us that \m/ was cancelling their attacktorate, he is in your gov, and as such it was an entirely logical conclusion to make that a gov member had the power to tell us whether or not Merrie had informed \m/ that he was leaving. I don't understand why executive powers are needed to tell us that Merrie was leaving.[/quote]

A MoIA according to our charter does not have the power to cancel treaties and Merrie Melodies did not leave \m/ and I do not know why CSM said he did. Heck he didn't even change his AA yet.

[quote]Back already is he? You might want to ask NSO about accepting rogues, apparently it's frowned upon.[/quote]

He didn't come back, he never even left in the first place.
[quote]
Yes, he did. That is what he said. Maybe he didn't mean it, but that's hardly our fault.[/quote]

No he didn't, he said he was thinking about it and not at any point did he confirm he was going to go rogue on STA.

[quote]We attacked someone based on a direct threat to one of our members.[/quote]
No, you attacked someone based on threats that didn't occur yet. It's for example, your wife saying she is going to kill you after an argument and then you go kill her because you thought she was being serious.
[quote]
Since when is attacking an unaligned threat illegal? Also, I don't think the word illegal can even be used here. Illegal according to who?[/quote]
He didn't leave and thus is still aligned to \m/ as his Alliance Affliction states.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah blah all i read is stupid banter. You did make a threat and you did make note of possible intentions to go rogue on me. You ran your mouth and now you are paying for it. Your government said you informed them that you left. Now I guess you are a ghost on their AA. You wanna cry more or you gonna shut your mouth and take it like a man.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282030412' post='2419198']
A MoIA according to our charter does not have the power to cancel treaties and Merrie Melodies did not leave \m/ and I do not know why CSM said he did. Heck he didn't even change his AA yet.

No he didn't, he said he was thinking about it and not at any point did he confirm he was going to go rogue on STA.

No, you attacked someone based on threats that didn't occur yet. It's for example, your wife saying she is going to kill you after an argument and then you go kill her because you thought she was being serious.

He didn't leave and thus is still aligned to \m/ as his Alliance Affliction states.
[/quote]

A Minister of Internal Affairs who doesn't seem to know who is a part of the alliance and who isn't? That's rich.

Edit: It's more like your wife saying she'll cheat on you and you breaking up with her before she actually does.

Edited by lakerzz8

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1282030392' post='2419197']
Clarification: what position does The_Chief hold in \m/?

People are saying "govt this, govt that". There's a difference between a Deputy MoIA and a Triumvir. Both may be govt but one is obviously not an absolute authority in terms of FA (or at all).
[/quote]

From CN wiki: Chief Savage Man -> Minister of Foreign Affairs

iii. Foreign Affairs Minister: Conducts foreign affairs to include embassy creation and inter-alliance coordination.

If MoFA hasn't the power to inform an alliance about who is a member an who isn't or who leave and who didn't then I don't know what gov have...

I think STA jumped the gun my self should have waited. But the point remains that it is done now what the heck is \M/ going to do about it. Other then set in here and cry about it. MM talked and talked said he was going to attack GGA and then said he was going to attack STA. And STA did something about it. Now its your turn \M/

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1282028917' post='2419144']
I see you're so confident in your position that you're defending Merrie Melodies. If he was attacked unjustly, why don't you do something about it?

Also, I'd like to point out that Merrie Melodies is an ex-NSO member. Therefore, I get partial credit for these shenanigans.
[/quote]

Are you high enough gov to confirm that he is an ex-member?

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1282030554' post='2419201']

Edit: It's more like your wife saying she'll cheat on you and you breaking up with her before she actually does.
[/quote]

She didn't get hurt in the process whereas your alliance actually did inflict harm by attacking Merrie Melodies. Nice try but the analogy doesn't fit.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282030412' post='2419198']
A MoIA according to our charter does not have the power to cancel treaties and Merrie Melodies did not leave \m/ and I do not know why CSM said he did. Heck he didn't even change his AA yet. [/quote]
As I said, it's not our responsibility to know whether your gov is trustworthy or not, that's kind of \m/'s job. We had no reason to doubt Chief.
[quote]

[/quote]
These can all kind of be lumped into the same category. To which I reply, your gov said he left. To which you reply, but he was wrong. To which I reply, he is your gov, whether he was wrong or not, he speaks for your alliance. To which you reply, but he isn't a triumvirate. To which I reply, why should it require a triumvirate to confirm someone left the alliance. To which you reply but he didn't leave the alliance. And endlessly round and round we go.

Unfortunately, it looks like it's a moot point anyways.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1282030392' post='2419197']
Clarification: what position does The_Chief hold in \m/?

People are saying "govt this, govt that". There's a difference between a Deputy MoIA and a Triumvir. Both may be govt but one is obviously not an absolute authority in terms of FA (or at all).
[/quote]

Per their wiki he is the Minister of Foreign affairs. He just doesn't seem to have the right to speak for \m/ to foreign gov members about anything according to several \m/embers here.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1282030697' post='2419207']
[/quote]
Haha. Just as any \m/ member is considered high enough to backpedal out of alliance policies, every NSO member is high enough to take credit for world events.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282030769' post='2419208']
She didn't get hurt in the process whereas your alliance actually did inflict harm by attacking Merrie Melodies. Nice try but the analogy doesn't fit.
[/quote]

A wife who isn't hurt when her husband breaks up with her? You must not have much experience with the opposite sex.

And your analogy wouldn't fit either considering we didn't kill MM, merely harmed his nation.

Edited by lakerzz8

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1282027876' post='2419094']
Is this the official stance of \m/? God I hope this is the official stance of \m/.
[/quote]

It was. They got PC into a channel and brought me into it and tried to be all tough and stuff. See here for the logs: http://siberiantigeralliance.com/forums/index.php?topic=7789

ModEdit: No hostmasks.

Pezedit: Removed hostmasks

Edited by pezstar
No hostmasks in links, please.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1282030697' post='2419207']
[/quote]

A regular member can confirm that he is a former member also.

Given that the person in question posted a resignation thread in a place in which a regular member can see it.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282030292' post='2419194']
Care to post screenies of my rogue activity?
And with that I take my leave.
[/quote]

As the newly appointed Sovereign and [b]Protector[/b] of \m/, & based on the evidence presented, I declare you a rogue and kindly request that you to drop the \m/ AA.

[b][i]Bavaricar
Supreme Sovereign and Protector of \m/[/i][/b]

[quote name='Millencolin' timestamp='1282030866' post='2419215']
Look at all of you, blowing up the small details.

But yet, some of you were complaining at us for not following our charter in months past. We do, and we get harassed for following it.

[b]Just can't win, can we.
[/b][/quote]

What do you expect? You're "ruining the game". :rolleyes:

Per our charter: These individuals are the only ones authorized to speak on behalf of the alliance, and only in regard to their respective positions.

Foreign Affairs isn't Internal Affairs.

i. You may leave during peacetime with no consequence provided you have no outstanding debts to its members. You are required to post your resignation in the appropriate section on the Forums or by informing a Government member of \m/.

There was no resignation post, and none of us government members were informed.

Pre-emptive attacks are pre-emptive.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282030828' post='2419213']
It was. They got PC into a channel and brought me into it and tried to be all tough and stuff. See here for the logs: Modedit: Here too.
[/quote]

Some alliance of "integrity" that you are.

Edited by Xellos
Removed hostmask log

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1282031246' post='2419221']
So is \m/ going to actually defend Merrie at any point, or are they just going to continue to cry here on the forums?

Not one \m/ember is willing to stand up and protect Merrie? No?
[/quote]

Considering diplomacy was the first action instead of instantly jumping to our guns. Hey, what a concept, that. <_<

[quote name='Millencolin' timestamp='1282031251' post='2419222']
Per our charter: These individuals are the only ones authorized to speak on behalf of the alliance, and only in regard to their respective positions.

Foreign Affairs isn't Internal Affairs.

i. You may leave during peacetime with no consequence provided you have no outstanding debts to its members. You are required to post your resignation in the appropriate section on the Forums or by informing a Government member of \m/.

There was no resignation post, and none of us government members were informed.

Pre-emptive attacks are pre-emptive.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Is The_Chief not a government member then? :huh: