\m/ Announcement

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1282000174' post='2418348']
Honestly all I think this was meant to do was be one last poke at a dead alliance and draw attention to the fact that protection had expired on GGA.[/quote]

You may be one of the few who get it.

Fun to see all the posturing over a corpse, though.

\m/ is immoral!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1282002181' post='2418384']
\m/....You've never been one of my favorites. This petty cry for attention shows just why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8

Think of stewie as \m/ and Lois as the regular OWF reader.
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPeZzfNxCCI

Think of me as your doctor and this as my diagnosis.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282003264' post='2418393']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPeZzfNxCCI

Think of me as your doctor and this as my diagnosis.
[/quote]

Are you going to deny that this was a completely unneccessary cry for attention by \m/?

Perhaps I'm butthurt, if thats your definition of opposing the actions of another alliance.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1281978295' post='2418007']
It probably would have helped had you read the update to the OP.
[/quote]

I did read it, I just refuse to ask the likes of \m/ for the right to loot and pillage. Yall can take your freakshow and try to bling it up with someone who gives a damn. Because I don't.

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1282003918' post='2418404']
Are you going to deny that this was a completely unneccessary cry for attention by \m/?

Perhaps I'm butthurt, if thats your definition of opposing the actions of another alliance.
[/quote]

If you understood how \m/ works, you wouldn't see this as a cry for attention. It is a poke at GGA, dead alliance affiliations always get raided. Consider this thread more of a big sign "GGA is up for raiding" and a last laugh at GGA. It is fun for them, not so much attention.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1282005305' post='2418422']
If you understood how \m/ works, you wouldn't see this as a cry for attention. It is a poke at GGA, dead alliance affiliations always get raided. Consider this thread more of a big sign "GGA is up for raiding" and a last laugh at GGA. It is fun for them, not so much attention.
[/quote]
Mia, dont ruin the \m/ hate :P

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1282005305' post='2418422']
[/quote]

I think my first post sums my understanding of how \m/ works quite nicely. The fact that this is a last poke (and dare I say spit in the face?) at a dead alliance makes the cry for attention even more pathetic since well, you know...Dead alliances can't fight back and all.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1282005678' post='2418432']
Mia, dont ruin the \m/ hate :P
[/quote]

Not so sure if I'm ruining it as pointing out that \m/ is getting exactly what they want by people acting outraged over it when truth it is rather hilarious to watch people outraged, considering tech raiding is condoned and that anyone unaligned is considered a target. As soon an alliance disbands and a protection period is up - raiders will attack. With GGA's reputation, it is just more of a target to those who want a laugh.

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1282005730' post='2418435']
I think my first post sums my understanding of how \m/ works quite nicely. The fact that this is a last poke (and dare I say spit in the face?) at a dead alliance makes the cry for attention even more pathetic since well, you know...Dead alliances can't fight back and all.
[/quote]

Thing is if they had not made the announcement, the AA still would have been attacked. Only thing this does is serve to rile up people and try to get their attention which is precisely what they want. A last laugh at GGA. There are many raiding alliances out there - doesn't matter political spectrum, GGA's AA would've ended up raided.

You're a former GGA member - you have memories of what GGA was to you, people on OWF are what they are - but most of it is to make a reaction. By reacting, you provide what they want.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1282006311' post='2418444']

Thing is if they had not made the announcement, the AA still would have been attacked. [b]Only thing this does is serve to rile up people and try to get their attention which is precisely what they want.[/b] A last laugh at GGA. There are many raiding alliances out there - doesn't matter political spectrum, GGA's AA would've ended up raided. [/quote]

I know how raids and raiders work. Had they simply raided the AA I would have kept quiet since the protection was over. This thread however is just poor show.

In the bolded part you more or less verify my statement. \m/ craves for its desperately needed attention. There are alot of raiding alliances out there but most of them don't bother the OWF with unneccessary announcements in which they basicly stroke their own egos by picking on those that are unable to fight back.

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1282006810' post='2418450']
I know how raids and raiders work. Had they simply raided the AA I would have kept quiet since the protection was over. This thread however is just poor show.

In the bolded part you more or less verify my statement. \m/ craves for its desperately needed attention. There are alot of raiding alliances out there but most of them don't bother the OWF with unneccessary announcements in which they basicly stroke their own egos by picking on those that are unable to fight back.
[/quote]

My views differ from yours on what attention seeking behavior is - I view this as drawing attention to GGA, not \m/ themselves. Sure they posted it but they did it because they want to laugh at a dead alliance. If they wanted attention on themselves, they would've done something that was more oriented to them. But as I said, our views differ on attention seeking behavior is and I am not going to go into the OWF circle behavior of trying to prove a point over nothing that is just a matter of opinion.

Either way, it just gives them what they want.

It shouldn't even rate as a poor show. I'm a member of PC, I raid, but I don't brag about it all over the OWF. Well actually I have in the pass when I used to run the FORA, but that was then and not now. This showing is more of a ddongchim sort of showing. You see those nation leaders who got their start teaching ESL in South Korea know the dreaded horror called ddongchim. That is where a South Korean school boy jams their finger into your unsuspecting rectum when you are walking down the hall to get a rile out of you.

Seriously, it is the most disconcerting experience ever for the leaders of Planet Bob. One moment you are walking to the copier to print out 40 copies of a DoW for smashing some alliance up and the next moment you have a chortling 8 year old South Korean boy trying to impale you via your rectum. Mind you, I should point out that even in Korea it is considered the norm that you wear pants. So there is no actual penetration, but the mere attempt is always a huge surprise.

So yeah, this entire thing screams, "I'm an 8 year old South Korean Academy brat trying to shove my finger in the entire rectum of planet bob."

Funny thing is.. every single time a kid tried to ddongchim me he ended up with his nose in the corner for an hour.

Just saying \m/.. Don't expect me to fight for you clowns when you piss someone else off at you over these types of juvenile antics. I'll flat out refuse any order to go to war to protect you ding a lings from the consequences of your ddongchiming.

I think this is the excellent start of a trend which could grow into a real friction point. Like children in the backseat of a large vehicle, alliances can now claim swathes of nations as raiding property with the inevitable spark point being when one alliance raids another's territory. Much like yelling at each other to keep to their side of the seat, we could see real wars grow here.

Or not. But one can hope.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282009971' post='2418526']
Oh BooHoo, you don't like zombies now?
[/quote]

They will never be cool like what they once [i]were[/i].

Let's hope you can comprehend that.

Boohoo if you can't.

[quote name='JimKongIl' timestamp='1282010598' post='2418538']
Wasn't it you were crying to the diplomacy police just a few hours ago?
[/quote]
Orly? Jeez I'd love to see where I was crying. Although I am rather happy I could make you drop your AA in a single post. Just a shame you're to big to raid.