The Six Million Dollar War

zzzptm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1281384279' post='2408177']
I think you mean 'force choke' and 'light saber'....neither of which actually do anything.
[/quote]

Ever tried scaling the side of a building using a light saber? Doesn't work too well. There's no substitute for a good grappling hook.

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1281375143' post='2407832']
I still don't understand why the name 'The Bipolar War' was not immediately and universally adopted for the last one.
[/quote]
Because, as usual, the wiki admins liked their own suggestions better.

It's an awesome name, but I have to ask... What acronym will we agree on? Things like GW3 were easy. Even UJ1 and UJ2 were manageable. But 6MDW?

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1281374246' post='2407807']
It's better than the Second Unjust War. That travesty of a name is why you don't follow the decisions of OWF polls for anything.
[/quote]

I agree with the name, laughed KingZog's allies joke, and second that ^. What an incredibly stupid name for a war, no originality. This war is already better just cause of the name.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1281384449' post='2408185']
Ever tried scaling the side of a building using a light saber? Doesn't work too well. There's no substitute for a good grappling hook.
[/quote]

Yeah, think of it from a marketing perspective. Kids love figures with grappling hooks. Also rocket launchers. Our Van Hoo IV (TM) figure comes with a real spring-loaded rocket launcher and three rockets. (WARNING: Not intended for children under 3 years old. Contains small parts that can constitute a choking hazard if swallowed. Children should wear protective eyewear when operating the Van Hoo IV Rocket Launcher (TM). Not intended for use in rogue operations.)

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1281386161' post='2408271']
Doesn't the force enable one to jump really, really high? That would make a grappling hook a bit superfluous, like giving a fish a re-breather or something.
[/quote]
Frankly, we'd rather not deal with the liability suits that would follow encouraging the kids to toss the Rebel Virginia(TM) figure in the air. No telling who or what he'd land on.

In other news, I've gone out and trademarked all usernames and alliance names for my action figure lines. Please pay me a royalty of $1.00 every time you use one of them, be it in your own post or a quote.

I'll make a mint from Alterego(TM)... :D

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1281386161' post='2408271']
Doesn't the force enable one to jump really, really high? That would make a grappling hook a bit superfluous, like giving a fish a re-breather or something.
[/quote]

You aren't taking into consideration the officially licensed cartoon series, though. Okay, take this scenario:

- On the edge of a mighty cliff, Rebel Virginiaâ„¢ and a foe battle for Sith-y reasons. While giving the customary pre-death blow monologue, Rebel Virginiaâ„¢ gets kicked off by the antagonist, and begins plummeting. Cut to commercial. From here, we have...

[i]With grappling hook[/i]: Rebel Virginiaâ„¢ pulls out his trusty grappling hook, and with a deft toss catches the edge of the cliff, saving himself. His opponent, unaware that he has survived, celebrates above; Rebel Virginiaâ„¢ hoists himself up, delivers a catchy one-liner, and metes out justice.

[i]With light saber[/i]: Rebel Virginiaâ„¢ pulls out his trusty light saber, and falls to his death. Series over, children traumatized, product line discontinued.

If this all works out, we'll look into getting a GW1 line out, with our awesome Tyga(TM) figure with Twinkie-stuffing action and REAL NUKES! (Not available in some states. Where not available, substitute non-nuclear missiles will be substituted. WARNING: Adult supervision recommended for children launching nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons not intended for children under 3 years of age. Launching nuclear weapons may trigger global thermonuclear war: check with your nation's Minister of Defense or equivalent prior to launching nuclear weapons. Other restrictions may apply.)

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1281387181' post='2408297']
[i]With light saber[/i]: Rebel Virginiaâ„¢ pulls out his trusty light saber, and falls to his death. Series over, children traumatized, product line discontinued.
[/quote]

Maybe to save today's children, this one [b]should[/b] happen. RV might corrupt them

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1281386720' post='2408289']In other news, I've gone out and trademarked all usernames and alliance names for my action figure lines. Please pay me a royalty of $1.00 every time you use one of them, be it in your own post or a quote.[/quote]

Good thing I'd already trademarked Legion of Brown[sup]TM[/sup] after Chron came up with the term. (Sometimes the 'creator' is just the guy who won the race to the appropriate registration office, after all.)

[i][b]My[/b][/i] line of action figures will look rather like mildly brain-damaged versions of the 'official' ones, they'll be made in China (of equal parts lead and melamine) and the packaging will include egregious spelling and grammar errors.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1281394363' post='2408513']
Good thing I'd already trademarked Legion of Brown[sup]TM[/sup] after Chron came up with the term. (Sometimes the 'creator' is just the guy who won the race to the appropriate registration office, after all.)

[i][b]My[/b][/i] line of action figures will look rather like mildly brain-damaged versions of the 'official' ones, they'll be made in China (of equal parts lead and melamine) and the packaging will include egregious spelling and grammar errors.
[/quote]
You know, I would think you'd be a little bit more grateful to the person that unwittingly revived your love for the spotlight.

As far your action figures go, I suppose that means the Chinese manufacturers will be improving upon the original design.