Wat no war?

M6 Redneck

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1280928392' post='2400664']
Hmm... I suddenly feel like rolling GOONS...
[/quote]

The world would be shocked at well....action. :P

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1280932015' post='2400702']
You may think your post is incredibly clever, but for three months every time I came into #kingdom I was bombarded with "IS THE WAR OVER YET I'M BORED". Nuking a couple of guys over and over again for months on end is not that fun.
[/quote]
Well hold on now, you can't go changing the rules like that. I agree that if one side is clearly beaten in a war after three months of fighting then it should not drag on unnecessarily, because clearly there is nothing to be gained in that situation and it's better if everyone just moves on. But we weren't talking about three months, were we? You said that people whine after [i]one week[/i] of war, which is what I was contesting, because the impression I get is that most people actually think small-medium length wars are pretty great.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1280921924' post='2400592']
You guys are on the big side of the current treaty web. My guess is that if someone on the lil side of the web did what M6 did the chances of war would increase because of how easy it would be to be on the winning side even with the instigators being wrong.
[/quote]

M6 took the consequences upon himself both times. If somebody attempted to attack our entire alliance for his actions, it would be wrong, similar to how we didn't attack FAR for your actions. M6 cares not about grand CN politics. He is a model for us all.

For those trying to stoke my ego, dont forget my greatest moment. Tech raiding \m/ before NpO got their balls lined upfor the Second Unjust War. Thus cataylsting the biggest war ever.

However that is in the past. I want a new war and have done nothing recently to start one so am as much to blame for this lamentable state of peace. I guess I shall have to do something.

I just hope that out there others share my sentiments and are working towards causing choas and anarchy.

\M/6

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1280861963' post='2399754']
Join an SF alliance and spy on CnG alliance.

Everyone else sit back and watch them go at it 1v1. :awesome:
[/quote]

Why would you sit back. I would just stab the other one in the back.

[quote name='M6 Redneck' timestamp='1280946490' post='2400859']
For those trying to stoke my ego, dont forget my greatest moment. Tech raiding \m/ before NpO got their balls lined upfor the Second Unjust War. Thus cataylsting the biggest war ever.

However that is in the past. I want a new war and have done nothing recently to start one so am as much to blame for this lamentable state of peace. I guess I shall have to do something.

I just hope that out there others share my sentiments and are working towards causing choas and anarchy.

\M/6
[/quote]

Go for it again, I have developed a super secret plan for you.
[center][img]http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/supercoolyellow/secretplans.jpg[/img][/center]

[size="1"]*No Ill will meant here, I just like writing things in paint and calling them secret plans for the lulz[/size]

At some point a few things should be clear to everyone:

1. Hegemony Dust no longer has any issue they would consider reuniting and fighting over so they are picking new paths and new allies.

2. Ultimately Super Grievances is too large a megabloc to stay together indefinitely without some opposing force holding it together.

3. If you are waiting for a global war to take place, you're in for a very long wait. The dynamics that would create such an event just aren't there and will take many months to develop.

With that, should someone want to roll GPA or GOONS or UPN or whatever, have fun I guess.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1281062990' post='2402311']
Why?
[/quote]
=
There's no credible "bogeyman" to point at whenever there is distention in the ranks.

But let's assume that the current paradigm never changes. Short of the total number of nations making a dramatic comeback and the vast majority of those nations deciding to join major alliances outside SG and/or a significant number of non-aligned/marginalized nations joining together to form a new power bloc under some sort of banner, then there will never again be a global conflict on Planet Bob. Even if a new opposition bloc forms, it will face significant challenges long before it can pose any sort of credible threat.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1281068984' post='2402421']
...there will never again be a global conflict on Planet Bob. Even if a new opposition bloc forms, it will face significant challenges long before it can pose any sort of credible threat.
[/quote]
... sounds like what I heard pertaining to Karma. I may have not liked them, but I have to admit they didn't do too bad, turned upside-down the old power structure.

[quote name='Kahnite' timestamp='1281240558' post='2404243']
... sounds like what I heard pertaining to Karma. I may have not liked them, but I have to admit they didn't do too bad, turned upside-down the old power structure.
[/quote]
You missed this part.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1281068984' post='2402421']
But let's assume that the current paradigm never changes.
[/quote]
Basically, what Hal is saying is that unless at least some of the vast majority of the NS on Planet Bob decides to stop supporting SuperComplaints, then their hold on power is unbreakable.

This is obvious.