The Grand Association of Relics and Oldtimers

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1280299863' post='2392287']
Okay, think about it just a little bit. GARO. It was a satire of the NPO. The fact that GARO has now actually become an alliance consisting of former members who were around from that time, especially Grenval and C_K, is just bursting with irony. How much MORE AWESOME would it be if the NPO was then the protector of an alliance named GARO? It'd be brilliantly bursting with irony.
[/quote]

the only ironic part about this is that GARO went to NPO asking for protection first.

it is disgusting that they even thought about it. their... compromise holds no bounds.

being someones protectorate is not simply having a piece of paper stopping tech raids. the protector is someone you sell tech to, receive advice from, and are politically influenced by.

oh and ofc going to NPO and then to one of its lapdogs for protection has absolutely nothing to do with Kevlar being part of this... right?

this thing is starting to stink already.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Venizelos' timestamp='1280328695' post='2392469']
the only ironic part about this is that GARO went to NPO asking for protection first.

it is disgusting that they even thought about it. their... compromise holds no bounds.

being someones protectorate is not simply having a piece of paper stopping tech raids. the protector is someone you sell tech to, receive advice from, and are politically influenced by.

oh and ofc going to NPO and then to one of its lapdogs for protection has absolutely nothing to do with Kevlar being part of this... right?

[/quote]

Paranoid, moi?

I honestly dont know who you all are but from some of the distinguished posters in this thread you all must have been active players from before my time. If that is the case I welcome you back as it is always good to bring active blood in to the community.

Try not to get in to any issues though UPN may have a conflict of treaties and wont be able to honor their protectorate.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I don't know how much you know about UPN-NPO relations, so perhaps I can be of some help. For a long time, prior to Karma, UPN was desperate to get a treaty with the NPO, and were constantly turned down. One didn't happen until Invicta pulled in a few favors and decided to form the Waltzing Street Compact with the UPN, the NPO, and NATO. Really, it was Invicta that got the UPN that treaty. Not any love the NPO had for UPN. After that, UPN primarily affiliated itself with purple, and then UPN and purple drifted apart after the last war, with its parting finalized when it and Invicta canceled on each other. These days UPN is far more closely associated with Polaris than either purple or the NPO.

So, in short, not everything is an NPO conspiracy. Get over them already. You won. Now be happy.[/color]

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1280299970' post='2392289']
GARO originally stood for the Global Alliance Red Organization. It was a satirical take by the esteemed Grenval on the NPO's then-recent expansion into the Blue Trading Sphere with their New Polar Order. When Kevlar, Grenval and myself decided to form an alliance, we figured we would have fun with it, since our pasts have generally been of a much more serious nature. The idea of a protectorate by the NPO played into our sense of humour perfectly, and the irony tickled us quite a bit. Along with that, Kevlar and myself actually find most of the new NPO leadership to be quite agreeable, and have no particular qualms with being friendly with them.[/quote]

Makes perfect sense now. Amusing. ^_^

[quote]I'm sorry if I don't live up to the Chris_Kaos you've read or heard about, but that was a very long time ago, and this is a new age.[/quote]

The only thing you have to live up to is your own standards and having fun. Planet Bob is far too time consuming with regard to running your own alliance for you not to have any fun.

And for the record: You are pretty much a character out of the history texts to me...it will be interesting to get to know you better over the course of time.

Doesn't matter if I know you who are.

Welcome back to Bob. It's good to have you.

And if GARO happens to inject some life into what passes for Alliance Politics in this Forum, I for one would be overjoyed.

[/quote]

We've all come to expect the digs and disses that occur here but these OUT OF DATE and INACCURATE digs are getting to be a bore.
Read Rebel Virginia's response for a more timely summation of UPN's FA direction; he is partly correct. In addition to Polaris, we are also very good friends with ODN, PhR, Quantum, USN, Menotah and FEAR.
We have no intention of advising these masters of CN; to do so would be the height of arrogance.

We do, however, intend to protect them from raids as they grow and set their [b]own[/b] unique political course.

Welcome to the Cyberverse GARO. I'm not even old enough to know the refrence without looking back through our history. Now NPO didn't want to humor us a bit, because that would have just been epic.

You just couldn't stay in IAA for too long could ya Kev...

Good luck.

o/ GARO
o/ GATO

Edited by BarbulaM1

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1280299532' post='2392276']
And yet, still, NPO? Are you [i]high[/i]?
[/quote]

Coming from one of the men who organized a war scare in the name of comedy, I'm disappointed to see you viewing GARO trying for an NPO protectorate in the name of comedy so poorly. You should laugh some more; we certainly did.

Venizelos, you're cool, but you're not THAT cool enough to be paranoid and insult my CN FRIENDS Chris_Kaos, Kevlar, Boyle, and though I haven't seen him in a long time, Grenval. How is it disgusting that they'd want to have a protectorate with the NPO? The NPO is a great alliance nowadays, nothing like the NPO that was bitter enemies GATO.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1280337152' post='2392573']
Hey i remember now, where i last heard the name Chris Kaos... In those movies that Jack Diorno made. Hystery of Cybernatuns..

That springy-wirey haired character from the alliance GATO that was always waving a legal document around. Yeah .
[/quote]
you have a link to that? sounds hilarious.. lol

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1280335698' post='2392555']
The NPO is a great alliance nowadays
[/quote]

I don't really care about GARO's choice of friends/protectors, but the NPO is anything but great nowadays.

Oh...and, um, good luck I guess.

Edited by lebubu

[quote name='BlaZeAzZ' timestamp='1280338627' post='2392585']
you have a link to that? sounds hilarious.. lol
[/quote]
OOC: [url]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=72718[/url] <----- Episode 3 (Great War I) is hilarious.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[/quote]

I don't know who you are, but I can say with fair confidence that you have no idea of what you speak. The fact that I have explained our motivations with some degree of candor and you have either flatly ignored them or misunderstood reflects poorly on your character.

Now run along, little boy. The adults want to talk.

[quote name='hawk_11' timestamp='1280334367' post='2392537']
Coming from one of the men who organized a war scare in the name of comedy, I'm disappointed to see you viewing GARO trying for an NPO protectorate in the name of comedy so poorly. You should laugh some more; we certainly did.
[/quote]

Hawk, I'm glad to see that the NPO is enjoying this as much as we are--that's the whole point of our return. A boredom fueled return, in an effort to inject some life and humour back into the world. Wait until you see what we've got planned for round two.

By the bye, you always were one of my favourite of the Old Guard NPOers. It's good to see you again.

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1280335698' post='2392555']
Venizelos, you're cool, but you're not THAT cool enough to be paranoid and insult my CN FRIENDS Chris_Kaos, Kevlar, Boyle, and though I haven't seen him in a long time, Grenval. How is it disgusting that they'd want to have a protectorate with the NPO? The NPO is a great alliance nowadays, nothing like the NPO that was bitter enemies GATO.
[/quote]

Sir Sci...this might be a little on the inappropriate side, but will you have my babies? :wub:

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1280337152' post='2392573']
Hey i remember now, where i last heard the name Chris Kaos... In those movies that Jack Diorno made. Hystery of Cybernatuns..

That springy-wirey haired character from the alliance GATO that was always waving a legal document around. Yeah .
[/quote]

Oh my god. This sounds freaking brilliant. I have to see it.

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1280339000' post='2392589']
I don't really care about GARO's choice of friends/protectors, but the NPO is anything but great nowadays.

Oh...and, um, good luck I guess.
[/quote]

From a GATOan's perspective, Cortath is a good leader, the NPO doesn't hate us anymore (nor us them), and we have friendly relations. That makes the NPO a great alliance.

And Chris, I already have your babies. I stole them so I could raise little Chaos babies of my own. Who wouldn't want a Chaos baby?