What the hell, Chim?

Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='22 July 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1279774217' post='2384049']
Wow you've really outdone yourself this time! You did a google image search for idiot, put a picture in your post, and said "This is Penkala"! That's original, hilarious, and effective.

[/quote]
Its much more original, hilarious, and effective then this thread will ever be.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='22 July 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1279775828' post='2384101']
so you gave him logs about a situation involving IAA. did you ask IAA for permission to hand out those logs to Penk or anyone else? you may have been involved in the conversation but so was Mercy and Chim. I did not even see those logs until this thread so i know you did not approach myself or anyone else in IAA gov to talk about releasing those logs to others. since this contained discussions by an IAA gov, Mercy, what does this exactly constitute?
[/quote]

Well, it appears that I have been summoned.

Technically speaking, it would be considered leaking. However, nothing sensitive is really in those logs as it was merely an investigation. So I suppose it will have to be filed under the category of disrespect.

Not that I really care.

Also, Penkala, if you didn't notice already, IAA doesn't give a crap about what you have to say. Chimaera and Buttercup do this all the time (that is, be on the same computer on IRC, switching nicks, etc.) and Spamalot's members know that. Do us all a favor, try again when you have something more credible?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='22 July 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1279801864' post='2384367']
That's the private channel with the alleged spying.

Look, that's an OOC private channel owned by a guy who plays CN. It's not an alliance members-only channel even. This isn't spying. It's not even at the level of oink learning the password to our members-only channel from a former member and joining it. (He got banned until the founder got on to change the password.)
[/quote]

Look, it was a channel that they decided to use to have a serious gov-level discussion in, and Chim wasn't allowed in. You can nitpick the channel name and use all you want, at the time this incident happened it was not being used as an OOC conversational channel. Period.

[quote]Here's the thing Penkala. It seems like you're up in arms about a new injustice every couple of days. It's like the boy who cried wolf. When you actually have a legitimate issue to bring up, everyone is already sick of hearing from you and they just don't care anymore.

Having said that, pretending to be someone else on IRC to gain access to a channel you wouldn't otherwise have access to is indeed spying. What happens after that is in the hands of the spied upon alliance/members. If they say it's all good, it's all good. [/quote]

Every couple of days? This is the second thread of this 'kind' I've ever posted. The other was the Athens-KoNI thread.

[quote]Its much more original, hilarious, and effective then this thread will ever be. [/quote]

Uhh.. no it's not. You're just kind of making yourself look like a fool. "Haha I put up a picture of someone and said the person is actually Penkala!"

[quote] Do us all a favor, try again when you have something more credible? [/quote]

Like threatening war if they wouldn't hand over log files?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='22 July 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1279827227' post='2384689']
Every couple of days? This is the second thread of this 'kind' I've ever posted. The other was the Athens-KoNI thread.
[/quote]
Granted, but it just seems like you're complaining about some kind of injustice all the time. Maybe you're just annoying to me and it seems exaggerated. Though judging from the response here, I doubt it.

[quote name='Chimaera' date='22 July 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1279811546' post='2384448']
I still cannot fathom how an alliance led by a spy and spoken for by a rogue can accuse me, guilty of nothing but playing around on IRC with someone very close to me for no IC purpose, of spying.

It's quite amusing, and I love the direction this thread has taken. Carry on.
[/quote]

I'm glad you saw the humor here as well :D

Why is it nobody is getting on Princess Buttercup for allowing Chim to change the nick and have access? I mean, as a member of the alliance, she should be held responsible for her nick and where it has access to. If she wasnt going to be at the computer, she should have logged out. I just see everyone bagging on Chim for changing the nick, how about the Spamalot member taking responsibility for making sure her nick wasn't used to gain access.

It does go both ways here. I know this kinda straddles the IC/OOC line, but you can't attack Chim in this situation without also putting some blame on PB.

[quote name='Penkala' date='22 July 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1279827227' post='2384689']
Uhh.. no it's not. You're just kind of making yourself look like a fool. "Haha I put up a picture of someone and said the person is actually Penkala!"

[/quote]
I'm making myself look like a fool? No one has said that about my post whereas quite a few people have already called you a fool among other things. I got my point across with it and thats all I care about. The only one calling me a fool here is you and lets face it, you're one of the laughing stocks of CN.

[quote name='MercyFallout' date='22 July 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1279820060' post='2384552']
Also, Penkala, if you didn't notice already, IAA doesn't give a crap about what you have to say. Chimaera and Buttercup do this all the time (that is, be on the same computer on IRC, switching nicks, etc.) and Spamalot's members know that. Do us all a favor, try again when you have something more credible?
[/quote]

Perhaps he doesn't care that you don't care?

But a thread like this all about your alliance does kinda make you look bad, even if it has made Penkala look worse. I'm sure you care probably about that, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted the time to say that you didn't care.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='James Wilson' date='22 July 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1279831861' post='2384763']
I'm making myself look like a fool? No one has said that about my post whereas quite a few people have already called you a fool among other things. I got my point across with it and thats all I care about. The only one calling me a fool here is you and lets face it, you're one of the laughing stocks of CN.
[/quote]

You hit google, found a random picture, and put it in the thread, and said "THAT'S PENKALA IN THE PICTURE LOL". Yes, you looked like a fool for it. It's pretty much the most effortless and worthless way to insult someone because it... doesn't insult them.

[quote name='Penkala' date='22 July 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1279836561' post='2384887']
You hit google, found a random picture, and put it in the thread, and said "THAT'S PENKALA IN THE PICTURE LOL". Yes, you looked like a fool for it. It's pretty much the most effortless and worthless way to insult someone because it... doesn't insult them.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=i'm a moron"]yeah, what do you know.[/url] (very first result and everything)

although, while mildly entertaining, this is all pretty stupid.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Penkala' date='22 July 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1279836561' post='2384887']
[/quote]

You seem to be paying it a lot of mind.

[quote]I'm making myself look like a fool? No one has said that about my post whereas quite a few people have already called you a fool among other things.[/quote]
Your post was so childish I didn't think it was worth dignifying with a response. But yeah, it makes you look worse than Penkala.

[quote]Why is it nobody is getting on Princess Buttercup for allowing Chim to change the nick and have access? ... It does go both ways here.[/quote]
I agree, both of them are party to giving priveleged access to someone who shouldn't have it.

[quote name='Penkala' date='22 July 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1279827227' post='2384689']
Look, it was a channel that they decided to use to have a serious gov-level discussion in, and Chim wasn't allowed in.
[/quote]
Well that's dumb, first of all.

It is apparently established that Chim sometimes looks over PB's shoulder, and vice versa. So anytime she's there, you would think there's at least a chance that Chim's also there.

No, I wouldn't be okay with this in an IC channel. But it's not like they were hiding it.

What's more, she's not Spamalot government. If you want to have a serious gov-level discussion, you need to do it in a channel which only has gov.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='23 July 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1279888272' post='2385778']
What's more, she's not Spamalot government. If you want to have a serious gov-level discussion, you need to do it in a channel which only has gov.
[/quote]

I didn't even notice she wasn't Spamalot government. So gov-only discussions were being held with non-gov members. Apparently said discussions were so important they could be handed over to Penkala on a moments notice. They all knew that OOC PB and Chim were in a relationship and more than likely able to both see the channel. Either Spamalot is naive and were hoping for the best...or they knew what was happening (or could happen) and were waiting for something to *$%$# about to hold against Chim and IAA.

Knowing NR, I vote the latter.

[quote name='MASTABADEY' date='23 July 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1279897551' post='2385878']
Cause you know me Conner, always trying to disturb the drama llama <_<
[/quote]

Well that's why I said "Knowing NR, I vote the latter."

I don't claim that you cause drama masta. But NR, he thrives on it, along with Penkala. That's why I said that, because that's what I'm basing my opinion off of.

[quote name='JWConner' date='23 July 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1279890774' post='2385804']
I didn't even notice she wasn't Spamalot government. So gov-only discussions were being held with non-gov members. Apparently said discussions were so important they could be handed over to Penkala on a moments notice. They all knew that OOC PB and Chim were in a relationship and more than likely able to both see the channel. Either Spamalot is naive and were hoping for the best...or they knew what was happening (or could happen) and were waiting for something to *$%$# about to hold against Chim and IAA.

Knowing NR, I vote the latter.
[/quote]

Well yeah she was invited. They had to talk over what to do and needed her there to update them on what was going on. And yes, the discussions were handed over to me -- I'm not the guy trying to roll Spamalot! There's a difference between someone showing me logs (and I wouldn't have been given the logs unless the 'spying' had happened) and telling the person they're talking about / concerned about logs. If you can't understand the difference then you should probably just leave now.

Spamalot wasn't trying to 'trick' Chim. FFS, Chim had already done enough. It wasn't like this was the only thing that happened and that those sneaky guys in Spamalot were just trying to trip him up for no reason. All Spamalot's wanted was to be [i]left alone[/i] by IAA and every few days somebody would go to Spamalot with a new threat or whatever. It was dumb.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='23 July 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1279905033' post='2386036']
Well yeah she was invited. They had to talk over what to do and needed her there to update them on what was going on. And yes, the discussions were handed over to me -- I'm not the guy trying to roll Spamalot! There's a difference between someone showing me logs (and I wouldn't have been given the logs unless the 'spying' had happened) and telling the person they're talking about / concerned about logs. If you can't understand the difference then you should probably just leave now.

Spamalot wasn't trying to 'trick' Chim. FFS, Chim had already done enough. It wasn't like this was the only thing that happened and that those sneaky guys in Spamalot were just trying to trip him up for no reason. All Spamalot's wanted was to be [i]left alone[/i] by IAA and every few days somebody would go to Spamalot with a new threat or whatever. It was dumb.
[/quote]

Oh, I understand plenty...but are you going to address the fact that PB is just as accountable as Chim here? Also, where did I say that Spamalot was out to trick Chim? I said (in not so few of words) that is it possible that Spamalot, mainly NR mind you (as I dont know the rest of them all too well), would knowingly allow PB to come into gov-only chats, knowing full well the RL relationship with Chim, and not expect Chim to somehow know what was going on? Come on now.

Oh, and Mr Penky, riddle me this: do you not find it ironic that you're so up in arms about this "spy" attempt when you, yourself, encouraged spying by NR against VA? And by your own admission, had a big hand in the background of said events?

I'm fairly certain that any of your self-proclaimed solid reputation went flying out the window when you started this thread. Thanks.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='23 July 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1279888272' post='2385778']
Well that's dumb, first of all.

It is apparently established that Chim sometimes looks over PB's shoulder, and vice versa. So anytime she's there, you would think there's at least a chance that Chim's also there.

No, I wouldn't be okay with this in an IC channel. But it's not like they were hiding it.

[/quote]

I've never used that channel for OOC purposes, only for negotiations and IC meetings. PB was there because we wanted her side of the story, not because she was government. You'll also note that I don't talk a lot in these logs; this is because I assumed that PB would leak any and all information to Chim because of their OOC relationship and behaved accordingly.

That said, I really don't care, and if I wanted to do something about this situation IAA would be hearing from me. All I want is to be left alone.

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1279908488' post='2386167']
Oh, I understand plenty...but are you going to address the fact that PB is just as accountable as Chim here? Also, where did I say that Spamalot was out to trick Chim? I said (in not so few of words) that is it possible that Spamalot, mainly NR mind you (as I dont know the rest of them all too well), would knowingly allow PB to come into gov-only chats, knowing full well the RL relationship with Chim, and not expect Chim to somehow know what was going on? Come on now.

Oh, and Mr Penky, riddle me this: do you not find it ironic that you're so up in arms about this "spy" attempt when you, yourself, encouraged spying by NR against VA? And by your own admission, had a big hand in the background of said events?

I'm fairly certain that any of your self-proclaimed solid reputation went flying out the window when you started this thread. Thanks.
[/quote]

PB is responsible if she allowed this to happen, yes. I never debated that...
Yes, putting a spy in an alliance is an act of war. Which is what I'm saying here. Again, no debate...
No, I never said I have a 'solid reputation', and if some consider this to 'hurt my reputation' then I don't really care about their opinion. I saw several repeated attempts to start a war with a group of nations who just want to be left alone, and eventually I decided it needed to end. Chim's a good guy but crossed the line -- repeatedly. If sharing this information in attempt to prevent any more actions against Spamalot is something "terrible" and "damaging to [my] reputation" for someone, then they're probably not someone whose opinion I care about. This was simple transparency of something going on. I'm sorry I put it out there, but if he didn't want the public knowing all this he probably shouldn't have done it. At the [i]very worst[/i] what I did is bring a 'non-issue' (in some people's eyes) to the public spotlight. How is that so bad?

In fact, I have a question for you now. Why is what I did bad? Why should it damage my 'reputation'?

[quote]Penkala backtraced it. Chim's been reported to the Cyber Police. [/quote]

Consequences will never again be the same.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1280001316' post='2387636']
Yes, putting a spy in an alliance is an act of war. Which is what I'm saying here. Again, no debate...
[/quote]

Funny how you didn't seem to think so last November.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1280001316' post='2387636']
PB is responsible if she allowed this to happen, yes. I never debated that...
No, I never said I have a 'solid reputation', and if some consider this to 'hurt my reputation' then I don't really care about their opinion. I saw several repeated attempts to start a war with a group of nations who just want to be left alone, and eventually I decided it needed to end. Chim's a good guy but crossed the line -- repeatedly. If sharing this information in attempt to prevent any more actions against Spamalot is something "terrible" and "damaging to [my] reputation" for someone, then they're probably not someone whose opinion I care about. This was simple transparency of something going on. I'm sorry I put it out there, but if he didn't want the public knowing all this he probably shouldn't have done it. At the [i]very worst[/i] what I did is bring a 'non-issue' (in some people's eyes) to the public spotlight. How is that so bad?

In fact, I have a question for you now. Why is what I did bad? Why should it damage my 'reputation'?

Consequences will never again be the same.
[/quote]

So I see you've skated the question/comment I've made once again, so let's keep asking til we get an answer: Why is it you think you can call out Chim on his lackadaisical and jovial attempt at spying (if he truly wanted to spy, he wouldnt have changed his nick), when you were involved with NR spying on VA?

I don't really expect an answer, because that would mean you'd have to admit to your own hypocrisy, and we all know that's not gonna happen.

So I'll leave it where it is. You making a fool of yourself and we all go on our merry way.