Red Raiding Safari

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='22 July 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1279818761' post='2384521']
Why do people use /m\? Do they think it grinds our gears or what? Can you please explain this to me, I'm very curious?
[/quote]
I tried forming it with my fingers; it looks like a cute coyote :3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='22 July 2010 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1279810200' post='2384428']
Indeed. So the appropriate response for a red non-aligned nation that doesn't want to join a red team alliance but also doesn't want to be a political target of raiders who want to hurt Red Dawn would be to switch team color - preferably to black as /m\ would be less likely to raid, correct?

*WC wonders how many alliances currently residing on the red sphere are alliance that allow tech raiding*
[/quote]
Or they could just join an alliance. Hell, if they just made their own 15 or so man AA even without a forum, they could avoid a lot of tech raids.

I doubt anybody will realize that it's their color that is getting them raided unless they read the forums, which most of them (I'm talking 99% here) probably do not.

EDIT:
[quote name='Bob Janova' date='22 July 2010 - 05:52 AM' timestamp='1279795909' post='2384328']
Hey, is that an admission that raiding causes nations to run to deletion?
[/quote]
I personally have always believed that enough tech raiding will run nations to deletion. These are the same people who would leave your alliance at the sign of war. They are weaklings. I'm fine with people who can actually stand up to tech raiding and I believe it's their right to defend themselves. Hell M6 raided US, and he became an \m/ member because we liked his style. If somebody leaves Planet Bob over getting attacked once or twice I say good riddance.

Edited by Earogema

I find it remarkably ironic that Schatt and CoJ interests are now the victim of the residue effects of the machinations to cripple NPO.

Not that it brings me any pleasure to see, but the irony is noted.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='King Puffington' date='22 July 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1279821667' post='2384590']
I just can't believe that there are people who argue that tech raiding is [i]objectively[/i] stupid.
[/quote]
It's a popular device. It goes like this:
1. Tech raiding is stupid.
2. Therefore, tech raiders are stupid people.
3. Stupid people should be protected from themselves.
4. Therefore, we should protect tech raiders from themselves by outlawing tech raiding.

It's not very sophisticated but that's probably why it's popular. ;)

So. As i said in my last blog solving this tech raid drama thing is as easy as setting up a protected AA or recruiting harder but will any of this happen? hell no its easier to sit here and !@#$%* or even threaten war

Tech raiding has been around since day 1 and some of yall act like you just got here to find this horrible thing is going on so now you're horrified but lets pretend youve never tech raided or been part of an alliance that raids

Also for those of you hating on Schatt lets go back a year and a half and you were the same people reading TWiP and praising Schatt for his wonderful work or even sending him money while he was in Vox

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='King Puffington' date='22 July 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1279821667' post='2384590']
I just can't believe that there are people who argue that tech raiding is [i]objectively[/i] stupid.
[/quote]

Only people who live under an oppressive leadership think tech raiding is stupid, because they can't experience it personally.

[quote name='mrwuss' date='22 July 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1279829724' post='2384720']
Only people who live under an oppressive leadership think tech raiding is stupid, because they can't experience it personally.
[/quote]

I'm in charge of my alliance and could change the rules at any time. Raiding is stupid, therefore we don't do it. We have Planet Steve for practicing war, and importing tech is much more cost effective.

So...I find your assertion false.

[quote name='wickedj' date='22 July 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1279826794' post='2384678']
Tech raiding has been around since day 1 and some of yall act like you just got here to find this horrible thing is going on so now you're horrified but lets pretend youve never tech raided or been part of an alliance that raids
[/quote]
Let's see what makes this different.
[list=1]
[*]The goal.
[*]The scale.
[/list]

Never raided, dunno if the NPO raided [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/User:Xoin#Alliance_history"]while I was there[/url] if the didn't tada also a no.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='janax' date='22 July 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1279829855' post='2384723']
I'm in charge of my alliance and could change the rules at any time. Raiding is stupid, therefore we don't do it. We have Planet Steve for practicing war, and importing tech is much more cost effective.

So...I find your assertion false.
[/quote]

Tech raid is much cheaper.

Free Tech + Cost of replacing soldiers lost < Cost of Tech

[quote name='mrwuss' date='22 July 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1279829724' post='2384720']
[/quote]

If people who wanted to raid, were prevented by an oppressive leadership, they'd move. So no.

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='23 July 2010 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1279829898' post='2384724']
Let's see what makes this different.
[list=1]
[*]The goal.
[*]The scale.
[/list]
[/quote]

I'm 100% certain you're pulling the "scale" item there out of your !@#$. Sorry.

[quote name='mrwuss' date='22 July 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1279830213' post='2384726']
Tech raid is much cheaper.

Free Tech + Cost of replacing soldiers lost < Cost of Tech
[/quote]

Well that's a snazy formula. What happens when a nuke lands on your nation from a nation your tech raiding, what does that do to the calculations then?

[quote name='trance addict' date='23 July 2010 - 06:34 AM' timestamp='1279830839' post='2384736']
Well that's a snazy formula. What happens when a nuke lands on your nation from a nation your tech raiding, what does that do to the calculations then?
[/quote]
Only idiots tech raid nations with nukes. Sure, if they nuke you they're going to get pounded into the dirt but it still leaves your nation pretty beaten up as well. It's really not worth it from a purely economic perspective.

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Earogema' date='22 July 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1279821230' post='2384585']If somebody leaves Planet Bob over getting attacked once or twice I say good riddance.
[/quote]

if tech raid targets only got attacked once or twice then i doubt anybody would give a !@#$... the thing is though, they don't. they constantly have their defensive slots full. PM and peace out with one guy, only to have another one take his place. Comparing that to an alliance war is ridiculous, because at least in an alliance war there is some sort of strategy and teamwork involved, and if one were to lose then it can be attributed as the outcome of an uncertain battle. on the other hand, getting tech raided is not an uncertain battle; you're getting raided, and you're losing. And if you happen to get an edge on a guy, he'll just bring in his friends. All this talk about "tech raiders have to handle their own problems if they bite off more than they can chew" is just !@#$%^&* and everybody knows it; the moment they start losing ground attacks, they just find more friends to hop on.

[quote name='Venizelos' date='22 July 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1279802877' post='2384376']
is that supposed to be funny
[/quote]
Nopes, why would you think that.

[quote]Free Tech + Cost of replacing soldiers lost - cost of lost infra, land and tech in retaliatory attacks > Cost of Tech[/quote]

You and I both know tech is not the primary factor here ;).

[quote name='trance addict' date='22 July 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1279830839' post='2384736']
[/quote]
Why would I tech raid someone with nukes?

[quote name='Voytek' date='22 July 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1279830643' post='2384733']
I'm 100% certain you're pulling the "scale" item there out of your !@#$. Sorry.
[/quote]
Yeah it's so small that there now is a 46 paged topic about it.

And leave my fine shaped buttocks out of it please, I don't want to make people jealous.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='Beefspari' date='23 July 2010 - 06:43 AM' timestamp='1279831375' post='2384744']
Why would I tech raid someone with nukes?
[/quote]

You have to look at those kinds of posts as having been made with the premise that all tech raiders are drooling caveman gangrapists taken as a given.

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='23 July 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1279831540' post='2384754']Yeah it's so small that there now is a 46 paged topic about it.[/quote]

Haha yes, moral outrage is certainly proportional to the amount of physical damage caused and not the potential for scoring cheap political points. I don't think you know how these things work.

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='22 July 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1279831540' post='2384754']
Yeah it's so small that there now is a 46 paged topic about it.

And leave my fine shaped buttocks out of it please, I don't want to make people jealous.
[/quote]
Theres also a 200+ page thread about the Gramlins, whats your point..people will !@#$%* about everything if you give them a chance

Also, re: scale, how many red nations v blue/green/black/maroon/etc are being raided? How about over the past week? Month? Red just wants to be special..oh and i see you dodging the rest of my post ;) its ok i understand you dont care and just want to spout your morals

@Janax, theres always that one thing..OH YEAH! enjoying the fight ala NEW

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='wickedj' date='22 July 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1279831964' post='2384766']
Theres also a 200+ page thread about the Gramlins, whats your point..people will !@#$%* about everything if you give them a chance

Also, re: scale, how many red nations v blue/green/black/maroon/etc are being raided? How about over the past week? Month? Red just wants to be special..oh and i see you dodging the rest of my post ;) its ok i understand you dont care and just want to spout your morals

@Janax, theres always that one thing..OH YEAH! enjoying the fight ala NEW
[/quote]
I'm not dodging any questions, you didn't even ask the until now.

And I'm currently preoccupied with saving a princes with a abduction fetish. (That was dodging a question :awesome: )

Edited by xoindotnler