Red Raiding Safari

[quote name='Voytek' date='22 July 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1279831573' post='2384755']
You have to look at those kinds of posts as having been made with the premise that all tech raiders are drooling caveman gangrapists taken as a given.
[/quote]

Or you could look at the post as it was stated, what happens to the equation as presented when a nuke is introduced? Did I pass any judgement on tech raiders?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='22 July 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1279818761' post='2384521']
Why do people use /m\? Do they think it grinds our gears or what? Can you please explain this to me, I'm very curious?
[/quote]

I was responding to a quote by Earogema, who specifically mentioned /m\ in his post. That is all.

[quote name='trance addict' date='22 July 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1279832618' post='2384780']
Or you could look at the post as it was stated, what happens to the equation as presented when a nuke is introduced?
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure someone already said that a smart tech raider wouldn't raid someone if the target had nukes. In the end, it's about profitability. If you're smart, you make a profit. If you don't make a profit then you just like seeing things blown up.

I know when I raided, it was a mix of the two. I would search for prime targets that would garner the highest possibility of profit. And there were always those who would probably put up a fight, possibly decreasing my profit. But regardless of profit, it was fun. It was something to do, and it was exciting. The search, the hunt, the battle, all good times. And if you make some tech/land off the experience, all the better.

Edited by Captain Flinders

I would push the blame from tech raider to the tech buyers.

It's that money that fuels the tech raids.

When you buy tech from me you are buying raided tech.

There is a tag line there somewhere.

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='22 July 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1279832855' post='2384784']
I was responding to a quote by Earogema, who specifically mentioned /m\ in his post. That is all.
[/quote]

It's not /m\, it is \m/.

[quote name='mrwuss' date='22 July 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1279829724' post='2384720']
Only people who live under an oppressive leadership think tech raiding is stupid, because they can't experience it personally.
[/quote]
Bull i have seen tech raiders older then my nation that are half as big as me. All it takes is one guy that fights back that knows what he is doing. When that 20 tech your after costs you 2Mil in Infra it seems a little backwords to me. I did do one not needed (War) and felt bad so sent peace and stoped attacking him.

That was the first and last time. I am newish to the game but from what i have seen from tech raiders in my own alliance if anything it holds you back. Now if tech raiding is what it takes to keep you in the game i guess thats alright. But overall i am a anti tech raider far as pushing people out of the game well my bet is most of them did not like the game in the first place. I bet you anything the two that tried to raid me made no money when i first started. If anything they lost a tons of it. Well back to the point i bet anything i made more money off 3/50 tech deals then you have made of tech raiding.

[quote name='Voytek' date='22 July 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1279831573' post='2384755']
You have to look at those kinds of posts as having been made with the premise that all tech raiders are drooling caveman gangrapists taken as a given.
[/quote]
Well since even beyond that post people keep saying "But then you get nuked!" maybe I should assume that people who aren't tech raiding are doing so because they don't know how to do it correctly. But still want to lecture tech raiders on how it's not profitable.

[quote name='USOFAA' date='22 July 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1279833564' post='2384798']
Bull i have seen tech raiders older then my nation that are half as big as me. All it takes is one guy that fights back that knows what he is doing. When that 20 tech your after costs you 2Mil in Infra it seems a little backwords to me. I did do one not needed (War) and felt bad so sent peace and stoped attacking him.

That was the first and last time. I am newish to the game but from what i have seen from tech raiders in my own alliance if anything it holds you back. Now if tech raiding is what it takes to keep you in the game i guess thats alright. But overall i am a anti tech raider far as pushing people out of the game well my bet is most of them did not like the game in the first place. I bet you anything the two that tried to raid me made no money when i first started. If anything they lost a tons of it. Well back to the point i bet anything i made more money off 3/50 tech deals then you have made of tech raiding.
[/quote]

Growth is not my primary goal, but I doubt, if compared in a percent based equation, you have made more than me.

I do the same tech deals, I don't buy the tech. I take the tech and get to keep a much larger percent of the money. My trading has been full since my nation was born.

[quote name='mrwuss' date='22 July 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1279833497' post='2384795']
I would push the blame from tech raider to the tech buyers.

It's that money that fuels the tech raids.

When you buy tech from me you are buying raided tech.

There is a tag line there somewhere.
[/quote]

Umbrella gladly supports your tech acquirement, whether it be bought or raided

[quote name='mrwuss' date='22 July 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1279833968' post='2384810']
Growth is not my primary goal, but I doubt, if compared in a percent based equation, you have made more than me.

I do the same tech deals, I don't buy the tech. I take the tech and get to keep a much larger percent of the money. My trading has been full since my nation was born.
[/quote]
Growth is mine as of now want to be a big nation. You do buy the tech in the price of tanks and troops and Infra when they fight back. I worked it out a bit back i will see if i can find it.But its something like this, If your over the 200 Infra mark and the person has 20 or under tech all the the person that your raiding has to use is like 5 or 6 Cruise Missiles and you don't make any money. Not a dime so is there a point in that unless like 4 out of 5 don't fight back i just can't see it.

A little pointer if your being tech raided turtle let your troops die don't replace them. Buy as many Cruise Missiles as you can and make them pay for your tech.The last thing a tech raider wants to get into is lets drop each others chart war. Oh and keep as many aircraft as you can. Unless you think that you can take them. But if its someone like GOONS ect just do the above plan becuse they will get back up

Edited by USOFAA

[quote name='USOFAA' date='22 July 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1279836016' post='2384870']
If your over the 200 Infra mark [b]and the person has 20 or under tech[/b][/quote]
And again we come back to "you don't know how to do it." Why would we raid someone with only 20 tech?

And how many random unaligned nations do you honestly think launch back cruise missiles?

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='USOFAA' date='22 July 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1279836016' post='2384870']
Growth is mine as of now want to be a big nation. You do buy the tech in the price of tanks and troops and Infra when they fight back. I worked it out a bit back i will see if i can find it.But its something like this, If your over the 200 Infra mark and the person has 20 or under tech all the the person that your raiding has to use is like 5 or 6 Cruise Missiles and you don't make any money. Not a dime so is there a point in that unless like 4 out of 5 don't fight back i just can't see it.
[/quote]
Gosh, thanks for the advice. None of us had ever thought of this before. We definitely have not, over a significant period of time, observed the general trends of the results of tech raiding, and percieved it to be generally profitable over the long run using smart raiding tactics. We also have not, over this period of time, devised tools and strategies to make tech raids as profitable as possible while avoiding scenarios as you have outlined above.

Nope, definitely not.

Edit: grammar

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='USOFAA' date='22 July 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1279833564' post='2384798']
Bull i have seen tech raiders older then my nation that are half as big as me.
[/quote]

So, I take it WF has stopped raiding? What brought that change about? You guys raided like mad back not too long ago.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='22 July 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1279836516' post='2384884']
Gosh, thanks for the advice. None of us had ever thought of this before. We definitely have not, over a significant period of time, observed the general trends of the results of tech raiding, and percieved it to be generally profitable over the long run using smart raiding tactics. We also have not, over this period of time, devised tools and strategies to make tech raids as profitable as possible while avoiding scenarios as you have outlined above.

Nope, definitely not.

Edit: grammar
[/quote]
I was raided when i first started and i had about 20 tech.And one of the two happened to be a goon member. I know he made no money off me. You can talk about devised tools and strategies but that don't change the fact you can't control the person being raided. How can you avoid someone turtleing buying CM's and not taking peace? What you should be saying is must dont have a clue nor try to fight back so its easy money.

[quote name='USOFAA' date='22 July 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1279837535' post='2384916']
I was raided when i first started and i had about 20 tech.And one of the two happened to be a goon member. I know he made no money off me. You can talk about devised tools and strategies but that don't change the fact you can't control the person being raided. How can you avoid someone turtleing buying CM's and not taking peace? What you should be saying is must dont have a clue nor try to fight back so its easy money.
[/quote]
A nation in GOONS raided once and did not make a profit. Thus, raiding is not profitable. You must have incredibly long legs to make such a leap.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='USOFAA' date='22 July 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1279837535' post='2384916']
[/quote]
What we do against someone turtling and CMing daily: Shrug, since this has probably only happened once in every 100+ raids.

I can't imagine why you'd want to allow your nation to get DAed and bombed/CMed daily rather than just a couple GAs. DAs do twice the damage of a GA, and you lose the tech anyway. You're good to go on the spite factor but your nation is just getting destroyed rather than raided, as you take double damage and spend all your money on CMs while suffering through anarchy.

In a way I could argue that getting raided is profitable for you by comparison. :awesome:

[quote name='USOFAA' date='22 July 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1279836016' post='2384870']

A little pointer if your being tech raided turtle let your troops die don't replace them. Buy as many Cruise Missiles as you can and make them pay for your tech.The last thing a tech raider wants to get into is lets drop each others chart war. Oh and keep as many aircraft as you can. Unless you think that you can take them. But if its someone like GOONS ect just do the above plan becuse they will get back up
[/quote]

Yes turtle, that is great advice.

Also you should tell them to sell all infra to make sure that they can not be declared on again once the timer expires...AND to jump directly into peacemode!

[quote name='ktarthan' date='22 July 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1279837929' post='2384926']
A nation in GOONS raided once and did not make a profit. Thus, raiding is not profitable. You must have incredibly long legs to make such a leap.
[/quote]
Sure what ever i guess thats what i said

[quote name='nippy' date='22 July 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1279813547' post='2384466']
Haha...'this has been verified'. You mean, they shared their opinions?

No matter. We [i]current[/i] techraiders are finding business quite lucrative (wow you called that one). Those fools that 'used to techraid but quit because they sucked at it' are not magical fact factories, and their opinions are no more or no less valid as everyone else's.
[/quote]
Business will continue to be lucrative....for a time. My only concern is the amount of complaints that have arisen about your raiding habits.

Inevitably you will piss off the wrong group of people.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='22 July 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1279840057' post='2384982']
[/quote]
This is true no matter who you are or what you do. Case in point, this thread.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='22 July 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1279840057' post='2384982']
Business will continue to be lucrative....for a time. My only concern is the amount of complaints that have arisen about your raiding habits.

[/quote]

"The wrong group of people" have not and never will like the people conducting Red Raiding Safari. A veiled threat won't work because they never cared for them in the first place.

[quote name='USOFAA' date='22 July 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1279836016' post='2384870']

[/quote]

I lol'ed. Buy as many CMs as possible? Turtle? I think you're secretly trying to help raiders by screwing over anyone listening to your advice :awesome:

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='21 July 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1279767956' post='2383909']
I don't see the announcement of them moving to red but that doesn't mean they haven't done it :smug:
[/quote]

Done.

Edited by Timtacious