Red Raiding Safari

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='22 July 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1279794527' post='2384317']
Would you say that's an absolute fact?
[/quote]

Whether it is an absolute fact or not is subjective. Which is in itself subjective. And so on and so forth.

Recursive logic is dumb. I'm sure you can see why!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='22 July 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1279795620' post='2384325']
That's real interesting, WN, because it seems like half of the times I have a little fun with \m/ (you know, the alliance whose members "ruin the game" but cry like babies when someone is mean to them), they say something like "Maybe we should start that war with Polar up again if you can't leave us alone."

But I'm just one guy and not even in government! I must have misread or something. What a marvelous world we live in.
[/quote]
You know, it has been a long time since we pissed in your cheerios, get over it.

as a member of MK, i am not raiding red. because i havent found anything in range :(
please suggest a different sphere i should raid in.

also,
[quote name='shahenshah' date='22 July 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1279797214' post='2384340']
Did'nt a significant amount of viceroys came from Karma' alliances?
[/quote]

is that supposed to be funny

[quote name='Manis B' date='22 July 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1279805620' post='2384392']
Tech Raiding is stupid.
[/quote]

Is that all your giving? Or will you explain why it's stupid? I mean why give a half opinion?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='21 July 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1279750650' post='2383382']
I wish I belonged to an actual, functioning alliance. [img]http://forums.coj-cn.co.cc/Smileys/expanded/frog.gif[/img]

Maybe I could join Ronin.
[/quote]
You could and then you would be a little bit more relevant than a talking head.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='22 July 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1279805922' post='2384394']
Is that all your giving? Or will you explain why it's stupid? I mean why give a half opinion?
[/quote]

Its not half an opinion, its my full opinion. Tech raids are stupid. What else is there to say?

I suppose to be on topic: Tech raiding is childish and baiting alliances to war is even more childish. Putting a coalition of alliances together to raid a color sphere is not only arrogant, its vulgar and lacks honor. What is does do, however, is show that we dont need the NPO to intimidate color spheres, we dont need the initiative to blackmail alliances, and we certainly dont need 1V to have an iron grip on CN. I congratulate those alliances on what they have accomplished.

end rant.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='22 July 2010 - 07:13 AM' timestamp='1279797214' post='2384340']
Did'nt a significant amount of viceroys came from Karma' alliances?
[/quote]
No, a significant amount of viceroys did'nt came from Karma' alliances.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='22 July 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1279808899' post='2384411']
You need better material.
[/quote]

Likewise.

Somebody tell Lebubu to quit this academy crap so I can join the Safari!

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Earogema' date='22 July 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1279777981' post='2384156']
Yes this does hurt the NPO, in the same way that raiding black would hurt \m/. Granted, we are allowed to raid black, but why would we?
[/quote]

Indeed. So the appropriate response for a red non-aligned nation that doesn't want to join a red team alliance but also doesn't want to be a political target of raiders who want to hurt Red Dawn would be to switch team color - preferably to black as /m\ would be less likely to raid, correct?

*WC wonders how many alliances currently residing on the red sphere are alliance that allow tech raiding*

[quote name='ConeBone69' date='22 July 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1279809880' post='2384423']
No, a significant amount of viceroys did'nt came from Karma' alliances.
[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I think the only Karma alliance to ever appoint a viceroy would go to RoK. Polar appointed one over BDC, but NpO claims to be not Karma so I don't guess you can actually count them.

[quote name='Manis B' date='22 July 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1279805620' post='2384392']
Tech Raiding is stupid.
[/quote]

I agree

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='22 July 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1279805922' post='2384394']
[/quote]

Is there anything more to say? I think it was a statement of a known fact and not an opinion ;)

[quote name='Manis B' date='22 July 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1279809106' post='2384412']
Its not half an opinion, its my full opinion. Tech raids are stupid. What else is there to say?

I suppose to be on topic: Tech raiding is childish and baiting alliances to war is even more childish. Putting a coalition of alliances together to raid a color sphere is not only arrogant, its vulgar and lacks honor. What is does do, however, is show that we dont need the NPO to intimidate color spheres, we dont need the initiative to blackmail alliances, and we certainly dont need 1V to have an iron grip on CN. I congratulate those alliances on what they have accomplished.

end rant.
[/quote]

childish - check
arrogant - check
vulgar - check
lacking honor - check

You're spot on, man. Even if we didn't techraid, we'd be all of those things.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='22 July 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1279810821' post='2384433']
Is there anything more to say? I think it was a statement of a known fact and not an opinion ;)
[/quote]

You'd be wrong, then, and should probably look up the definition of 'fact'.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='22 July 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1279810696' post='2384432']
I could be wrong, but I think the only Karma alliance to ever appoint a viceroy would go to RoK. Polar appointed one over BDC, but NpO claims to be not Karma so I don't guess you can actually count them.
[/quote]
Yep.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Governorate

Edit: And before anyone says it old GOONS does not equal new GOONS.

Edited by ConeBone69

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='22 July 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1279810821' post='2384433']
I agree

[/quote]

Well yes really there was more to say than "Tech Raiders are stupid", what value or contribution does that give the conversation? Clearly none. If I call you stupid without reason is that adding anything to the discussion? rhetorical question, I already know the answer ;)

[quote name='nippy' date='22 July 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1279810952' post='2384438']
childish - check
arrogant - check
vulgar - check
lacking honor - check

You're spot on, man. Even if we didn't techraid, we'd be all of those things.

You'd be wrong, then, and should probably look up the definition of 'fact'.
[/quote]

A fact is verified information about past or present circumstances or events which are presented as objective reality. Tech Raiding is inefficient toward growing your nation and is therefore dumb or in other words stupid to do. This has been verified by many former tech raiders. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. CONVERT TO THE NON-TECH RAID SIDE! The Infidels will be punished!

Since the entire thread isn't about the inefficiencies of tech raids though (I already know you're going to post stuff saying it isn't inefficient) I'll leave it there.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='22 July 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1279811857' post='2384450']
A fact is verified information about past or present circumstances or events which are presented as objective reality. Tech Raiding is inefficient toward growing your nation and is therefore dumb or in other words stupid to do. [b]This has been verified by many former tech raiders.[/b] The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. CONVERT TO THE NON-TECH RAID SIDE! The Infidels will be punished!

Since the entire thread isn't about the inefficiencies of tech raids though (I already know you're going to post stuff saying it isn't inefficient) I'll leave it there.
[/quote]

Haha...'this has been verified'. You mean, they shared their opinions?

No matter. We [i]current[/i] techraiders are finding business quite lucrative (wow you called that one). Those fools that 'used to techraid but quit because they sucked at it' are not magical fact factories, and their opinions are no more or no less valid as everyone else's.

[quote name='nippy' date='22 July 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1279813547' post='2384466']
Haha...'this has been verified'. You mean, they shared their opinions?

No matter. We [i]current[/i] techraiders are finding business quite lucrative (wow you called that one). Those fools that 'used to techraid but quit because they sucked at it' are not magical fact factories, and their opinions are no more or no less valid as everyone else's.
[/quote]

like i said before, congratulations on what you have accomplished.

[quote name='Manis B' date='22 July 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1279815356' post='2384478']
like i said before, congratulations on what you have accomplished.
[/quote]

Oh, I guess I didn't show you enough attention. Thanks, feels good.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='22 July 2010 - 09:00 AM' timestamp='1279810821' post='2384433']
[/quote]
Not tech raiding is stupid. Because then you have to pay for your tech. This is a fact.

I can do this too.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='22 July 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1279810200' post='2384428']
Indeed. So the appropriate response for a red non-aligned nation that doesn't want to join a red team alliance but also doesn't want to be a political target of raiders who want to hurt Red Dawn would be to switch team color - preferably to black as /m\ would be less likely to raid, correct?

*WC wonders how many alliances currently residing on the red sphere are alliance that allow tech raiding*
[/quote]

Why do people use /m\? Do they think it grinds our gears or what? Can you please explain this to me, I'm very curious?