Clumsy Diplomacy Week

Hymenbreach

Personally, I did not see much truly 'clumsy' diplomacy afoot this week. None more than there is any other week. The only truly notable demonstration of clumsiness this week was Kevanovia's merge offer toward the Guru Order. Though I hold no particular love for either The Legion or the Independent Republicans, their actions essentially amount to treaty cancellations. These happen every week. Every day, rather. The latter's cancellations were notable for being numerous and fragmenting what is commonly referred to as the ex-Hegemony, but it is neither better nor worse than the norm.

...Actually, I suppose it [i]was[/i] better for giving us something to marvel at for a minute or two, but that's beside the point.

Other than that, it has been business as usual.

[quote name='Desperado' date='19 July 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1279589842' post='2379659']
Slayer99 will be rejoining and partnering with electron sponge to reform The Liquor Cabinet.
[/quote]
I would enjoy that alliance.

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='19 July 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1279578936' post='2379412']
CN turned into a woman.

AKA goodbye wars and conflicts, and hello talking talking and more talking oh and something about feelings.
[/quote]

That hurts my feelings.

[quote name='Alistair Thorrington' date='20 July 2010 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1279640609' post='2380672']
That hurts my feelings.
[/quote]
Given the fact you like Justin Beiber...do we care?

[quote name='Caleb279' date='20 July 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1279649749' post='2380981']
Given the fact you like Justin Beiber...do we care?
[/quote]

You'd better, or else I'll get him to write another terrible song. Do you want that on your conscience?

[quote name='Alistair Thorrington' date='20 July 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1279661546' post='2381306']
You'd better, or else I'll get him to write another terrible song. Do you want that on your conscience?
[/quote]
I don't care...as long as that fruitcake's vocal cords get damaged.

On topic...we want moar treaty cancellations! :smug:

[quote name='Banksy' date='19 July 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1279581436' post='2379474']
How exactly is ending a treaty a diplomatic blunder? :s
[/quote]

My bad, I was just listing it as a cancellation, that was diplomatic gold.

[quote name='Duncan King' date='19 July 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1279566432' post='2379142']
You really should add GOD and Kronos here.
[/quote]

I agree. I'm disappointed we didn't get a mention.

Anyway, I have a rather outlandish scheme to cause mayhem that I'll probably never even get off the ground.

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='19 July 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1279578936' post='2379412']
CN turned into a woman.

AKA goodbye wars and conflicts, and hello talking talking and more talking oh and something about feelings.
[/quote]
Oh, so you mean people are starting to stop thinking with their penises and starting to actually try to solve problems maturely and constructively instead of pummeling people they don't like every couple months just so the weaker party knows whose is bigger? Sounds good to me. Not everyone is an unemployed teenage Halo freak that can't get along with others and needs a war every couple months to get their jollies (and no, I'm not suggesting that you are). People who fail or refuse to realize that ruin this place for everyone else.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 July 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1279833675' post='2384802']
Oh, so you mean people are starting to stop thinking with their penises and starting to actually try to solve problems maturely and constructively instead of pummeling people they don't like every couple months just so the weaker party knows whose is bigger? Sounds good to me. Not everyone is an unemployed teenage Halo freak that can't get along with others and needs a war every couple months to get their jollies (and no, I'm not suggesting that you are). People who fail or refuse to realize that ruin this place for everyone else.
[/quote]

I can't even begin to describe the issues I have with your baseless generalizations.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='22 July 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1279835319' post='2384843']
I can't even begin to describe the issues I have with your baseless generalizations.
[/quote]

Can I call you? I'd like to talk about shoes for hours and how guys are meanies who just don't understand.

PS: do you think this makes my bum look big?

[quote name='potato' date='22 July 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1279837578' post='2384919']
Can I call you? I'd like to talk about shoes for hours and how guys are meanies who just don't understand.

PS: do you think this makes my bum look big?
[/quote]

yes it does :P

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 July 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1279833675' post='2384802']
[/quote]
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/Say.jpg[/img]

Hint: was a joke.

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 July 2010 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1279833675' post='2384802']
[/quote]

What's wrong with Halo? <_<

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 July 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1279833675' post='2384802']
[/quote]
For a minute the passion in your post made me forget you signed a treaty with TPF.