Four Years of the Viridian Entente

While I'm not happy with the Viridia of today (not a big secret to anyone), I [b][color=green]am[/color][/b] very happy and joyed to have been apart of the Viridia of past. The history of Viridia has to be amongst the most robust of any alliance to date. It most certainly is a way of the heart and community, not that of infra and passing.

Here's to many more years o/

[center][b][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="4"][color=green]Iungere Virida[/color][/size][/font][/b][/center]

Rayvon,
[i]Former Minister of Finance;
Former Secretary of State;
Former Minister of Awesome;
Eternally Dominus Emeritus[/i]

Edited by Rayvon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bill Wallace' date='15 July 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1279226119' post='2373394']
So when is this Impero cat going to start the next war?
[/quote]Preposterous!

The man is a beacon of peace and tranquility!

Edited by Solaris

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='15 July 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1279217304' post='2373164']
Congrats, friends.

Also: Hi Cornelius.
[/quote]
Hey Hoo. :P

I owe the VE for a lot of things, especially having been a member for much of my time here on CN. I'm approaching four years in the game myself, and it's hard to imagine what I'd be doing without the people I'm honored to share an alliance with.

[color="#0000FF"]I do hate to intrude on your celebrations, but have you forgotten the fact you disbanded in 2007? While I know your "spirit" has been continuous, so has the spirit of FAIL. Does that give me the luxury to claim to have led an alliance that has been around since 2007. That is what I do not get about disbanded/reformed alliances. You have a tendency to conveniently ignore your own disbanding when it allows you to claim to be older than you really are. Quite silly if you ask me.[/color]

[quote name='Kevanovia' date='15 July 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1279229505' post='2373526']
I still have green in my blood, I will always be a Viridian.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually you're in the UPN. What you're doing is claiming to still be a member at heart of an alliance you have long since left. If you were so fond you'd have never have left. Really, this is like me calling myself a Pacifican or a GATO member. It just isn't happening.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

I like how people are getting mad at VE claiming to be four years old when in actuality they are celebrating the first founding date of their alliance four years ago, nice missing the point Olaf and RV.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='15 July 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1279215983' post='2373124'][b][color=green]While the affiliation has not always been flown[/color], the spirit of Viridia has never wavered over these past four years, and as such we take time to [color=green]celebrate the entire history of the Entente[/color] on this day. We celebrate the speedy rise to prominence in the beginning, and the just as [color=green]precipitous fall from grace a year later. We celebrate the grand return we made[/color], and watching those who tried to destroy us get destroyed themselves. We celebrate the place we have in the world today, and appreciate the years of sacrifices it took for us to get here.[/b] We celebrate the future of the Entente as we all work to ensure that it is brighter than any we have experienced.[/quote]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 July 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1279229633' post='2373529']
[color="#0000FF"]I do hate to intrude on your celebrations, but have you forgotten the fact you disbanded in 2007? While I know your "spirit" has been continuous, so has the spirit of FAIL. Does that give me the luxury to claim to have led an alliance that has been around since 2007. That is what I do not get about disbanded/reformed alliances. You have a tendency to conveniently ignore your own disbanding when it allows you to claim to be older than you really are. Quite silly if you ask me.[/color][/quote]

While I've respected very much of what you've said - sometimes your ignorance shines through. The disbandment is recognized by Viridians as part of our history. Clearly stated out in the OP. The recognition of our downtimes and having had to come back together. It's a celebration of 4 years of history - not of 4 years of consecutively living under your mindful eye of details and dates.

Also - major difference in that VE is a real alliance. Not a bandwagoning pseudo-alliance reformed when the need arises.

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='Logan' date='15 July 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1279230231' post='2373552']
I like how people are getting mad at VE claiming to be four years old when in actuality they are celebrating the first founding date of their alliance four years ago, nice missing the point Olaf and RV.
[/quote]

[quote]If you wish to celebrate four years of the Entente with us, please join us in #VE on ColdFront.[/quote]

Pretty sure that threw everyone off, because it virtually impossible to interpret that as 'Four years since we were originally founded, but then broken up, but then were founded again, and this is only to celebrate the anniversary of our foundation, and not that we've been around for four years".

That seems like a pretty clear statement that VE has been around for four years.

And for the record, I have nothing at all against VE, all the love in the world, but that statement is deceptive.

Edit: To respond to what Rayvon said above; you have to exist to have a history.

AGAIN, I love VE, and I'm happy to celebrate with you, but this is just confusing.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='15 July 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1279230519' post='2373563']
Pretty sure that threw everyone off, because it virtually impossible to interpret that as 'Four years since we were originally founded, but then broken up, but then were founded again, and this is only to celebrate the anniversary of our foundation, and not that we've been around for four years".

That seems like a pretty clear statement that VE has been around for four years.

And for the record, I have nothing at all against VE, all the love in the world, but that statement is deceptive.

Edit: To respond to what Rayvon said above; you have to exist to have a history.

AGAIN, I love VE, and I'm happy to celebrate with you, but this is just confusing.
[/quote]

I believe you completely missed the entire announcement barring that once sentence because if you see the points that Rayvon has pointed out you would notice that you are completely wrong or are now just grasping at straws. It explicitly stated that they weren't around for all four years but this is an announcement of the original founding date.

This date is a holiday in the tradition of the Viridian Entente, I excuse you if you are ignorant to other alliances' cultures beyond your own.

I don't care if you love VE, you are obviously not happy to celebrate this with them. Now as you said you are confused so perhaps just sit out and have an alliance mate or friendly explain to you what is happening in a way in which you can understand because as you said you are horribly confused.

[quote name='Logan' date='15 July 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1279231073' post='2373574']
I believe you completely missed the entire announcement barring that once sentence because if you see the points that Rayvon has pointed out you would notice that you are completely wrong or are now just grasping at straws. It explicitly stated that they weren't around for all four years but this is an announcement of the original founding date.

This date is a holiday in the tradition of the Viridian Entente, I excuse you if you are ignorant to other alliances' cultures beyond your own.

I don't care if you love VE, you are obviously not happy to celebrate this with them. Now as you said you are confused so perhaps just sit out and have an alliance mate or friendly explain to you what is happening in a way in which you can understand because as you said you are horribly confused.
[/quote]

Well now you're just being rude. All I wanted was some clarification, over a LEGITIAMTELY ambiguous announcement, I asked innocently enough making clear that I intended no sleight to VE, and you come back hissing and spitting over it. Thank you very much, if this is VE hospitality, I'll be glad to sit out the party.

What does it matter if the time has been consecutive?

Were those that reformed VE in the first VE? If so, it can be looked at like a resistance movement. The body of the alliance may have temporarily died but the soul lived on in those members that went back to reform the alliance.

Disbanded to me would me permanent. VE simply took time off to reorganize and it is apparent what they are doing is down right remarkable.

Congrats!

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='15 July 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1279231333' post='2373581']
Well now you're just being rude. All I wanted was some clarification, over a LEGITIAMTELY ambiguous announcement, I asked innocently enough making clear that I intended no sleight to VE, and you come back hissing and spitting over it. Thank you very much, if this is VE hospitality, I'll be glad to sit out the party.
[/quote]

Logan's not in VE, though I do wish he was.

Also yes, consider this the celebration of our original foundation date or whatever, doesn't really matter much to me as long as people don't get their panties in a bunch. Just plain no need as this is an announcement that has absolutely nothing for anyone at all to be angry over, except those special few who have always wanted us dead.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='15 July 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1279231333' post='2373581']
[/quote]

First of all I am not a member of the Viridian Entente, I am am member of Tetris who does not claim to give unbiased hospitality. And you received the response you deserved because you have tried to turn this announcement into a topic in which it isn't. What I mean by that is you labeled this thread as celebrating four years of consecutive existance on the VE alliance affiliation when they explicitly stated otherwise. Sounds pretty rude to me, hey look we aren't that much different after all.

[quote name='Logan' date='15 July 2010 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1279231814' post='2373591']
First of all I am not a member of the Viridian Entente, I am am member of Tetris who does not claim to give unbiased hospitality. And you received the response you deserved because you have tried to turn this announcement into a topic in which it isn't. What I mean by that is you labeled this thread as celebrating four years of consecutive existance on the VE alliance affiliation when they explicitly stated otherwise. Sounds pretty rude to me, hey look we aren't that much different after all.
[/quote]

Is the topic of this announcement relevant to this announcement? Yes. Mystery solved, turns out I didn't derail the thread after all, I'm completely on topic. On the other hand YOU'RE derailing this thread with flaming, and completely wrecking the celebratory spirit with your sniping. For the sake of the atmosphere, I won't tempt you by posting in this thread again. Suffice it to say, none of your attitude was called for.