Dear Legion

lmcfalcon12

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='14 July 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1279153230' post='2371830']
Read the thread, jesus christ.

Stalwart allies indee-[url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legion-NPO_War]http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legion-NPO_War[/url]
[/quote]
Read the thread? Sorry if I decline your offer to read 19 pages of semi-Intelligent insults directed at Legion. And I know of the whole Legion, NPO spectale.

But I find this hilarious since they attacked the alliance which you all share a common hatred for and that said alliance has forgiven them.

If Legion is only to be judged by their past and not their present then there are plenty of alliances that deserve the same treatment they are currently getting.

Also this happened four years ago, Four! If you guys are still hating on them for attacking an alliance which you also hate then you people have some growing up to do.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 July 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1279155641' post='2371902']
Read the thread? Sorry if I decline your offer to read 19 pages of semi-Intelligent insults directed at Legion. And I know of the whole Legion, NPO spectale.

But I find this hilarious since they attacked the alliance which you all share a common hatred for and that said alliance has forgiven them.

If Legion is only to be judged by their past and not their present then there are plenty of alliances that deserve the same treatment they are currently getting.

[b]Also this happened four years ago, Four! If you guys are still hating on them for attacking an alliance which you also hate then you people have some growing up to do.[/b]
[/quote]

Four years ago? I know I said I'd let the thread die. But you're missing the point. This is the present. Right here and now. This thread was created a week ago. One WEEK! They're just hating on them for their internal conduct of their membership. Nothing about wars or anything about that. The general populous is merely adding this internal mishap to their long standing history of everything else. Perhaps giving a 4 year history of wars and what not wasn't necessary but its all loosely tied together.

As far as your first sentence, if you refuse to read the thread, then by all reason that's your right. But don't come in with misinformed garbage replies when you refuse to take it upon yourself to read the thread and be informed.

Edited by lmcfalcon12

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 July 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1279155641' post='2371902']

Also this happened four years ago, Four! If you guys are still hating on them for attacking an alliance which you also hate then you people have some growing up to do.
[/quote]
Why are you such a special snowflake that someone has to take time to make a summary for you? Read the thread like everyone else, you are truly the lowest kind of person on the Grand Posting Ladder of CyberNations.

Go ahead and find it hilarious, but guess what? I was in NPO then! They betrayed me as well as everyone else there. NPO didn't "forgive" Legion for well over two years and several wars. I never got that satisfaction. Still, I do have a bunch of more recent things I hate Legion for, as you would know if you read any of this thread, including the damn [i]original post[/i], (but you're too good for that) or the other one. I'm not going to bother repeating them for you, because anyone even barely literate already knows what they are.

I hate more alliances than just Legion (and not just on the ex-heg side of things), by the way, and for some pretty diverse reasons. Absolutely none of them are as comprehensively bad as the Legion. For that they have a special place in my heart.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='14 July 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1279156906' post='2371935']
Why are you such a special snowflake that someone has to take time to make a summary for you? Read the thread like everyone else, you are truly the lowest kind of person on the Grand Posting Ladder of CyberNations.

Go ahead and find it hilarious, but guess what? I was in NPO then! They betrayed me as well as everyone else there. NPO didn't "forgive" Legion for well over two years and several wars. I never got that satisfaction. Still, I do have a bunch of more recent things I hate Legion for, as you would know if you read any of this thread, including the damn [i]original post[/i], (but you're too good for that) or the other one. I'm not going to bother repeating them for you, because anyone even barely literate already knows what they are.

I hate more alliances than just Legion (and not just on the ex-heg side of things), by the way, and for some pretty diverse reasons. Absolutely none of them are as comprehensively bad as the Legion. For that they have a special place in my heart.
[/quote]
I wanted an explanation because this is ridiculous. Most alliances are forgiven over time for past actions, especially those dating back to 2006. But it seems that Legion has earned this special hatred from your side of them web (which unfortunately happens to be mine also). I knew from experience that some SG alliances were snobby in nature but the constant harrassment of those who opposed you in the last war is ver childish.

Also I've kept up with this thread for the for the first 10 pages but as it continued to degenerate in to "lol Legion = Fail alliance" I lost interest.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 July 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1279160171' post='2371999']
I wanted an explanation because this is ridiculous. Most alliances are forgiven over time for past actions, especially those dating back to 2006. But it seems that Legion has earned this special hatred from your side of them web (which unfortunately happens to be mine also). I knew from experience that some SG alliances were snobby in nature but the constant harrassment of those who opposed you in the last war is ver childish.

Also I've kept up with this thread for the for the first 10 pages but as it continued to degenerate in to "lol Legion = Fail alliance" I lost interest.
[/quote]
If that was the only thing they ever did wrong, of course they'd be forgiven. Holding a grudge for one single thing for four years is ridiculous, true. Too bad in the intervening years they've kept doing dumb !@#$ consistently.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='14 July 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1279160422' post='2372012']
If that was the only thing they ever did wrong, of course they'd be forgiven. Holding a grudge for one single thing for four years is ridiculous, true. Too bad in the intervening years they've kept doing dumb !@#$ consistently.
[/quote]
Be that as it may this harassment wont go unanswered. When the shoe is on the other foot, which is inevitable because power always shifts they will remember this. I may critizize other alliances but I do my best not to cross the line.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='14 July 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1279161520' post='2372059']
I look forward to the day that the Legion gets their alliance together and manages to defeat my own. Going from among the worst alliances to defeating the best is quite a transformation, one for the history books indeed. Personally I would applaud such a feat.
[/quote]
Hell, that would be quite a sight indeed. If Legion can do it, more power to them. Until then, though, they are going to be treated as what they've proven themselves to be.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='14 July 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1279161520' post='2372059']
I look forward to the day that the Legion gets their alliance together and manages to defeat my own. Going from among the worst alliances to defeating the best is quite a transformation, one for the history books indeed. Personally I would applaud such a feat.
[/quote]

Surely you mean among the worst of the top 40?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 July 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1279171228' post='2372375']
Sooo... Alliance quality is to be measured strictly in terms of its military effectiveness in the game? Have you guys ever heard of community?
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure MK has them beat there too.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 July 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1279171228' post='2372375']
Sooo... Alliance quality is to be measured strictly in terms of its military effectiveness in the game? Have you guys ever heard of community?
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]Legion is a communal cesspool, the purple sphere's bedpan.[/color]

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='15 July 2010 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1279171875' post='2372409']
I'm pretty sure MK has them beat there too.
[/quote]
This would be a subjective opinion. Since we're here posting OOC, can't we just get over our usual ingame biases and admit that someone different from us might enjoy different things for a change?

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='15 July 2010 - 02:00 AM' timestamp='1279155641' post='2371902']
If Legion is only to be judged by their past and not their present then there are plenty of alliances that deserve the same treatment they are currently getting.[/quote]
Oh please you think Legion is the only one having to pay a price for its past?!?!, take a look at the vitriol directed towards the likes of GOONS, ODN, etc, etc by some sections of CN.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='15 July 2010 - 03:16 AM' timestamp='1279160171' post='2371999']
I wanted an explanation because this is ridiculous. Most alliances are forgiven over time for past actions, especially those dating back to 2006.
[/quote]
Some alliances are forgiven over time when they make the effort to earn such forgiveness. Not just because of the passage of time.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='15 July 2010 - 06:55 AM' timestamp='1279173329' post='2372457']
[color="#FF0000"]Legion is a communal cesspool, the purple sphere's bedpan.[/color]
[/quote]
heh what a way to kick a whole crew man, have you met every single Legion member to justify such a sweeping generalization?

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='15 July 2010 - 01:12 AM' timestamp='1279174341' post='2372494']

heh what a way to kick a whole crew man, have you met every single Legion member to justify such a sweeping generalization?
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]Yes, I was in Legion for at least 3 months. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and by looking at the current roster and slurry of recent anouncements, I would say that it is a fair bet that Legion's sense of community is about as strong as Lady Gaga's sense of modesty.[/color]

Edited by DictatatorDan

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='15 July 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1279189948' post='2372667']
I know this may sound a bit stupid and I will take the ribbing that comes along with what I'm going to ask.

What in the hell does Ave Legio mean? Could one of you Legion folks please explain the translation into English?
[/quote]

It means "Welcome Legion!" in Latin. i.e. it's a greeting.

Other than that, Legion will do fine. Haters or no haters. Also, lol Pezstar :D

[quote name='Altheus' date='15 July 2010 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1279200300' post='2372773']
It means "Welcome Legion!" in Latin. i.e. it's a greeting.

Other than that, Legion will do fine. Haters or no haters. Also, lol Pezstar :D
[/quote]

Ahh right, thanks for answering my silly question, I always wondered.