A Joint Announcement from The Legion and NPO

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='applesauce59' date='21 May 2010 - 07:57 AM' timestamp='1274443005' post='2306788']
IDK why this upsets or surprises some people. People like Legion fought with us in the war until the end and [u][b]our the best allies one can have.[/b][/u] Now if we were signing treaties with those who actual left us or attacked us than yea sure surprise would be an perfect word. Also i heart Legion.
[/quote]

Oh how the opinion of Legion has changed from GW1, GW2 AND GW3. I guess you can't sit on the fence when it has a revolving door instead.

[quote name='Cager' date='21 May 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1274477591' post='2307274']Oh how the opinion of Legion has changed from GW1, GW2 AND GW3. I guess you can't sit on the fence when it has a revolving door instead.[/quote]
Oh well, I dont know,....maybe the fact that the great war trilogy was like what now,...2.5, 3 years ago had a influence in the changing perspective.

You sound like Bob there, bringing things that maybe have been very relevant,...years ago. Now its of questioning relevance and of a chuckling worth to me.

So, wanna coup of tea?

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='21 May 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1274474943' post='2307229']Legion. You have changed a lot since your creation[/quote]
When Legion was created they signed an MDP with the NPO.

Glory to Legion!
Glory to the Emperor!

Edited by Vladimir

[quote name='Vladimir' date='22 May 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1274479322' post='2307307']

Glory to Legion!
Glory to the Emperor!
[/quote]
Hail to the Imperial Accords!
Hail to the Emperor!

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='21 May 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1274477368' post='2307270']
It's not so much Stockholm as the legacy of the decapitation and viceroyship ... Legion had a pro-NPO government imposed on it, with active anti-Orders members purged, and therefore it's natural that the pro-Order faction won out and the people in Legion who actually make decisions remain pro-Order.
[/quote]

What? There was no purging of anti-NPO (EDIT as evidenced by the sit outs during the Karma War). Most of the anti-NPO's left with the illegal disbandment and took their despair with them. Most of us just changed our minds. Also, we were free to impose our own government. One of the reasons we became close to them is exactly because they did not impose a heavy yoke. Yes, maybe NPO were being good at this old diplomacy and politics lark, but it didn't do Legion any harm outside of Peanut Gallery Opinion. And the Anti-NPO governments were pretty much best left behind, although I will credit them with keeping the tottering elephant on its feet for so long, until they tripped over their own shoelaces eventually.

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='Vladimir' date='21 May 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1274479322' post='2307307']

Glory to Legion!
Glory to the Emperor!
[/quote]

Then betrayed that treaty and DoWd pacifica along with all the others in the first big backstab in CN(though it was a few yrs ago indeed)

Just sayin... ;)

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Vladimir' date='21 May 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1274479322' post='2307307']

Glory to Legion!
Glory to the Emperor!
[/quote]
Oh and nothing happened in between when they were created and now?

They have changed a lot since their creation, maybe you think they have come full circle, but they made changes before they got here.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='21 May 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1274477368' post='2307270']
It's not so much Stockholm as the legacy of the decapitation and viceroyship ... Legion had a pro-NPO government imposed on it, with active anti-Orders members purged, and therefore it's natural that the pro-Order faction won out and the people in Legion who actually make decisions remain pro-Order.
[/quote]

The ones who were chosen for government were the highest ranked people who remained. Most of us, including myself, were strongly anti-NPO. Our opinions were changed through the actions of the order since then.

I find the Stockholm comments somewhat ironic considering the NPO just came out of 10 months of "captivity".

I guess we won't be allowed to improve relations with those enforcing it until 2012 [/sarcasm]

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='21 May 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1274480616' post='2307329']
Oh and nothing happened in between when they were created and now?[/quote]
The inference was that the original Legion would never have been seen with the NPO. Just thought I'd throw a spanner in that thought.

Of course, it is quite irrelevant either way; however fascinating it might be to watch people suddenly care about an alliance and its history when they don't follow the political agenda of said people. [Not as fascinating, of course, as the ever-constant belief that if someone doesn't agree with you they must be brainwashed.]

[quote name='Letum' date='22 May 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1274480837' post='2307335']I find the Stockholm comments somewhat ironic considering the NPO just came out of 10 months of "captivity".[/quote]
I believe its a case of left over propaganda. They still had those on the bottom shelf, left over from over a year ago.
I dont know, but I think its expiring date has passed.

Once in my life I did or said something stupid. However for some really strange reason people don't judge me for what I did years ago.

In the same way, whatever it was NPO or Legion did in the past is just that. The past.

We shouldn't look upon a changed alliance for what it did before. If they have changed then let them be. If you don't like it or feel like trying to be helpful by bringing up the past then you should remember one thing: You've made mistakes before and people have forgiven you.

[quote name='Lukcia' date='21 May 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1274481424' post='2307345']
Once in my life I did or said something stupid. However for some really strange reason people don't judge me for what I did years ago.

In the same way, whatever it was NPO or Legion did in the past is just that. The past.

We shouldn't look upon a changed alliance for what it did before. If they have changed then let them be. If you don't like it or feel like trying to be helpful by bringing up the past then you should remember one thing: You've made mistakes before and people have forgiven you.
[/quote]
The phrase "history repeats" is no hollow warning. It always pays off to be wary of actions happening around you, don't end up being the clueless one when £#&% hits the fan.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='21 May 2010 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1274481570' post='2307346']
The phrase "history repeats" is no hollow warning. It always pays off to be wary of actions happening around you, don't end up being the clueless one when £#&% hits the fan.
[/quote]
History shall not repeat itself. NPO knows who its true friends are.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 May 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1274453089' post='2306925']
Do you really think all these treaties were negotiated in the last two days? :D
[/quote]

I'm not looking to start a conflict or drawn lines or roll out the 'he haz a war reason' humor that is going around, but I would like to know if for the record, this [i]could[/i] be considered a breach of terms, discussing a treaty when I believe(?) treaties were forbidden by the terms laid out.

Just a simple, yes or no would do for me. Thanks.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='22 May 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1274482191' post='2307362']
I'm not looking to start a conflict or drawn lines or roll out the 'he haz a war reason' humor that is going around, but I would like to know if for the record, this [i]could[/i] be considered a breach of terms, discussing a treaty when I believe(?) treaties were forbidden by the terms laid out.

[/quote]
That would require: "No negotiations of future treaties" term, rather then "All treaties are here by canceled until the end of the terms".
Second one is a more or less a standard clause, the first one, would probably be impossible to really effectively enforce.

But if you want a reason for war, "breathing my air" is good as any, so you know,...

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='21 May 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1274482191' post='2307362']

[/quote]

The relevant section reads:

"The New Pacific Order will not [b][i]sign[/i][/b] any new treaties without the approval of the victorious coalition until these terms end."

No treaties were signed during terms.

Though, of course, should anyone wish to interpret it differently, I have no issue with them bringing it on. I need to learn how to fight again anyway.

[quote name='Lukcia' date='21 May 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1274481424' post='2307345']
Once in my life I did or said something stupid. However for some really strange reason people don't judge me for what I did years ago.[/quote]

Was that stupid thing you did bullying, harassment, extortion or extermination? How about all of the above? And you did this stupid thing just once? Not repeatedly and deliberately?

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='22 May 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1274483147' post='2307382']
Was that stupid thing you did bullying, harassment, extortion or extermination? How about all of the above? And you did this stupid thing just once? Not repeatedly and deliberately?
[/quote]
Aren't you supposed to be neutral now? ;)

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='22 May 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1274483474' post='2307386']Aren't you supposed to be neutral now? ;)[/quote]
Sal is Sal, our biggest fan.

We make him, by that I mean we are the point, the corner point, upon which he defines himself. One could say we are the gravity point of his existence and further more, he probably would not be without us. It is a symbiosis of sorts.

But we respect each other, the fact that is plain. He thinks highly of us underneath it all, and one can not but not respect his style of posting. Loving hate.

But we sidetrack now,...