A Joint Announcement from The Legion and NPO

Sorry but this is just retarded. I mean why do you want to sign (like 7?) treaties right after you come out of terms? Or why do you want to sign with an alliance that apparently signs with everything that moves. NPO is the new TORN?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1274449960' post='2306874']
Sorry but this is just retarded. I mean why do you want to sign (like 7?) treaties right after you come out of terms? Or why do you want to sign with an alliance that apparently signs with everything that moves. NPO is the new TORN?
[/quote]

I thought I'd never actually say this, but...

u mad?

The friendships forged between the Legion and the New Pacific Order are strong indeed and have weathered the long cold winter of the Interregnum. That we maintain the relations we do is a testament to the depth of commitment we have for each other.

Hail the Legion!

Hail the New Pacific Order!

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1274449960' post='2306874']
[/quote]
Because we had a year to woe people into signing with us. Also, 7 treaties is nothing compared to what we had before.

And the New Pacific Order [i]really[/i] :wub: Legion

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1274449960' post='2306874']
[/quote]
This is pretty funny coming from an alliance leader of a fairly small alliance with six MDOAP partners.

Congrats to our allies in Legion.

I find it interesting that people are questioning some of these treaties. Most of you have always said friendship is above all else. Why wouldnt these treaties be signed after terms if the friendship is there.

good luck to both parties.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 May 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1274451250' post='2306893']
This is pretty funny coming from an alliance leader of a fairly small alliance with six MDOAP partners.
[/quote]

We didn't sign them in 2 days, and you can drop the fairly small part aswell since we are bigger than you. Nice try Haflinger but no you missed it by loads.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1274452098' post='2306906']
We didn't sign them in 2 days, and you can drop the fairly small part aswell since we are bigger than you. Nice try Haflinger but no you missed it by loads.
[/quote]
You weren't under terms for 10 months.

Just because we were not allowed to hold any treaties doesn't mean we didn't hold any friendships. All these treaties are just a formalization of the relationships we already had; and it makes perfect sense that we would go ahead and sign them at the earliest opportunity.

There isn't really any deep meaning or surprising insight to be found here.

[quote name='Lord of the Port' date='21 May 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1274452281' post='2306912']
You weren't under terms for 10 months.
[/quote]

So what? I don't think we would've signed 7 (more coming probably) alliances if we were under terms for 10 months.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1274452800' post='2306919']
So what? I don't think we would've signed 7 (more coming probably) alliances if we were under terms for 10 months.
[/quote]

Do you have 7 close friends to sign them with?

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 10:28 AM' timestamp='1274452098' post='2306906']
[/quote]
Do you really think all these treaties were negotiated in the last two days? :D

(Just a note. We have 10 MDP partners, and yes, we're slightly smaller than iFOK. We are also a fairly small alliance. Their larger allies at FOK have 11 MDPs.)

[quote name='Letum' date='21 May 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1274452872' post='2306920']
Do you have 7 close friends to sign them with?
[/quote]

I have more than 7 close friends but I still wouldn't sign with them all. Especially not if you are signing them in 2 days. I think it lacks some respect to the signatories you are signing with. Are they just a number? If not, why the haste?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 May 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1274453089' post='2306925']
Do you really think all these treaties were negotiated in the last two days? :D

(Just a note. We have 10 MDP partners, and yes, we're slightly smaller than iFOK. We are also a fairly small alliance. Their larger allies at FOK have 11 MDPs.)
[/quote]

Again, what's the haste? Couldn't they spread them a bit to prevent the signatories feeling like numbers? Maybe the people that signed with NPO don't feel like that, but I sure would've. Why should size matter in signing treaties? I also don't understand why you have to point out how many treaties our allies in FOK have. Is there a point you are trying to make? If so, I am missing it.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1274453690' post='2306931']
I have more than 7 close friends but I still wouldn't sign with them all. Especially not if you are signing them in 2 days. I think it lacks some respect to the signatories you are signing with. Are they just a number? If not, why the haste?
[/quote]

If you don't want to sign treaties with your friends, that's your prerogative. But since we do want to sign, we will do so when we are able to. Since we have been unable to sign them at the moment we wanted to, we sign them now that we are out of terms.

I really don't understand what point you are trying to make. It's not like we went to these people and were like "hey, we're out of terms, how about a treaty?" most of this stuff was probably planned ages ago.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1274453690' post='2306931']
[/quote]
The NPO has quite a few enemies. Imagine if you will that iFOK had surrendered to half of CN, and a year later was being released into the wild with nobody to help protect it. You'd do what you could to help get your alliance protected wouldn't you?

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1274453690' post='2306931']
Again, what's the haste? Couldn't they spread them a bit to prevent the signatories feeling like numbers? Maybe the people that signed with NPO don't feel like that, but I sure would've.
[/quote]
Frankly, we actually missed having them as treaty partners. Apart from NPO's understandable desire to gain some protection, their ten months of living with a treaty ban meant that the treaties were going to be compressed. If - for example - Karma had decided to allow us to sign a PIAT with them in August, then you'd have seen a gradual increase in their treaties as time progressed.

Why should size matter in signing treaties? I also don't understand why you have to point out how many treaties our allies in FOK have. Is there a point you are trying to make? If so, I am missing it.
[/quote]
Larger alliances have larger diplomatic staffs and are able to maintain more relationships than smaller alliances, and so tend to pick up more treaties. This is an obvious thing.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='21 May 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1274453690' post='2306931']
I have more than 7 close friends but I still wouldn't sign with them all. Especially not if you are signing them in 2 days. I think it lacks some respect to the signatories you are signing with. Are they just a number? If not, why the haste? [/quote]
Because, if we signed them when we wanted to, we would have 15 alliances nuking us within 24 hours and 1 second.

Yes, we were under terms for almost a year.

However, that doesn't mean the friendship between The Legion and the New Pacific Order withered. It only grew and that is evident by the treaty we signed today.

Hail Legion!
Hail the New Pacific Order!

I can understand why some would be annoyed of what seems like a spam of NPO treaties on the boards. It is just NPO could not wait to sign these treaties with allies who stood by us during our darkest hour. I think a day or two of this is not asking a lot when you have been in chain for close to a year.

Personally I like the name of this new MDP but I would like to have seen Pacifica's newer flag to have been used for this treaty. Oh well. Haters can go hate on and jump off a cliff, contrary to those that are still rocking their rocking chairs, it is not stockholm syndrome. I'm still proud to see the friendship between both our alliances formalized in a treaty. :)

Ave Pacifica!
Ave Legio!

Edited by Darth Elecian