UCN Announcement

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zarachii' date='24 April 2010 - 03:39 AM' timestamp='1272076758' post='2272653']
Sorry about him. He just won't accept that UCN has disbanded.

Joamer, whenever the leader of UCN says that it's over, then it's over.
[/quote]

Just because you gave up on UCN, doesn't mean some didn't. Let them lead it.

I'm not sure why Zarachii made the announcement, seeing as he had resigned and wasn't even in gov before resigning, but as both a Councilor and the MoFA before disbandment I will confirm that this is indeed true. We told our members and allies earlier today, and had planned on announcing this tonight or tomorrow to everyone here. The only top government that was left at the time this decision was made was MoSW (Prime Minister), Ponderas (MoF), and myself. We unanimously voted to disband the alliance.

Thus, anything you hear about UCN being still alive is completely untrue, or anyone claiming to be running UCN has no legitimacy.

It's very tough to say all of this, seeing as I was a founder of UCN back in December of 2007, and it has been my home ever since. We had some good times.

Thank you to all that were UCN members for all of their hard work, and also to our allies as well. We have had some amazing friends over these past few years, and I can't think them enough for their friendship and help.

o/ UCN

[quote name='Duncan King' date='23 April 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1272078558' post='2272689']
It's unfortunate to see the TSO maneuver repeated in an alliance that was an ally of mine. It wasn't cool then and it's not cool now.
[/quote]
I think I would like to squelch this right now. This is not like the TSO situation. Not at all.

(Although we agree about the "then" part. :) )

[quote name='jonnygozy' date='23 April 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1272078279' post='2272686']
I'm not sure why Zarachii made the announcement, seeing as he had resigned and wasn't even in gov before resigning, but as both a Councilor and the MoFA before disbandment I will confirm that this is indeed true. We told our members and allies earlier today, and had planned on announcing this tonight or tomorrow to everyone here. The only top government that was left at the time this decision was made was MoSW (Prime Minister), Ponderas (MoF), and myself. We unanimously voted to disband the alliance.

Thus, anything you hear about UCN being still alive is completely untrue, or anyone claiming to be running UCN has no legitimacy.

It's very tough to say all of this, seeing as I was a founder of UCN back in December of 2007, and it has been my home ever since. We had some good times.

Thank you to all that were UCN members for all of their hard work, and also to our allies as well. We have had some amazing friends over these past few years, and I can't think them enough for their friendship and help.

o/ UCN
[/quote]

So I'd assume that the vast majority of UCN members supported this move? After all, as government of UCN, your representing them, its one thing to disband an alliance because everybody's decided that you can't do it justice, another to disband it because you don't feel up to it and refuse to give the people who love it a chance to resurrect it.

Either way, sorry to hear it, best of luck to all the (former) UCN members.

[quote name='The AUT' date='23 April 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1272079132' post='2272703']
You can't disband an alliance if the members refuse to leave. How many times have we seen this?
[/quote]

An alliance can be disbanded if by a legal act of its charter it is disbanded. It depends how the members take it for whether or not some will refuse to accept it. I've seen first hand how one or two frustrated members can feel after a situation like this (losing their alliance) and given enough time and discussion I'm sure everything will be worked out.

This is not the place nor the time to start a discussion on the matter Aut, the former members of UCN will handle their business I'd like to assume.

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='23 April 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1272078992' post='2272702']
So I'd assume that the vast majority of UCN members supported this move? After all, as government of UCN, your representing them, its one thing to disband an alliance because everybody's decided that you can't do it justice, another to disband it because you don't feel up to it and refuse to give the people who love it a chance to resurrect it.

Either way, sorry to hear it, best of luck to all the (former) UCN members.
[/quote]

I woke up in the morning and the forum was locked with the messsage that it was disbanded. The forum still says that. it, apparently, was a government decision and the members were left out. We are as shocked as anyone. Personally, I think I think it a wierd coup. Especially with people saying this:

[quote name='Joamer' date='23 April 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1272079244' post='2272707']
As I said, any announcements that do not come from me or Erik disregard them.

UCN is still here. Do not believe the rumors that exist.
[/quote]

I am not sure what to believe now but I have already found a new alliance that I am happy with. If UCN is not disbanded that means I, and many members were lied to. Many members left the alliance because of what was said on the forums and because of the message that was sent out to us. If this message had nothing to due with the leadership then it was a coup. Who knows. I know things are in bad shape. Whatever the story is, many people are leaving for new alliances and even if it does stay around then UCN will be in bad shape.

I wish it did not happen like this. I wish there was a GRACE PERIOD so members can cope with this sudden shock. I went to sleep and woke up and the alliances had disbanded apparently. Or maybe not. Who knows. I am not hearing otherwise from anyone in CN messages. I still think the members should have been consulted. You don't just disband. If you want to go then fine but you should see if members want to continue the alliance. But whatever, its just an old chapter in my book. I still have love for many UCN members and hope to maintain friendly relations with the ones I was close to.

Okay. This is going to gain disrespect, however, truth is better than people thinking what they want to think. As Lord Garka said, we all woke up this morning and found that we 'disbanded' however this decision was made by three government members only. There was never a talk between members, many members were pretty much told to leave. Not given time to think about what happened.

Right now, I have no clue what to say to anyone. United Commonwealth of Nations is still an alliance in some people's eyes, yet in other people's eyes it has disbanded. So for the time being, I have no clue.

To make this thread a little clearer. The group that left that helped prompt this situation went to make their own alliance. It is not unusual for people to leave UCN it was always one of those starter alliances that helped people get going before they picked their real home.

In any case some of the members of UCN are against the disbandment and the Government decided upon doing so. The boards were closed up and I doubt the old admin will allow them to be reopened.

[quote name='Zarachii' date='23 April 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1272076758' post='2272653']
Sorry about him. He just won't accept that UCN has disbanded.

Joamer, whenever the leader of UCN says that it's over, then it's over.
[/quote]
Last I heard the People of an Alliance were what an alliance is strong by. To disband an alliance without consulting the people at all is an affront to your own charter. I'm not trying to discredit the former government, I'm simply pointing out your blunt disregard for the people you came into office to lead.

That said, I approve of the common member standing up for what they believe in. If members of UCN wish to continue, I support them for the plain fact that you were not truly thinking of the people when you made this decision.

EDIT: It has just come to my attention that in doing this you, without warning them in any way, shafted your protectorate. I'm sorry but that's just disrespectful.

Edited by Dexomega