UCN Announcement

As much as Iv read of this topic, its starting to make me sick. They are only a handful of people who truly knew what happened and why it happened. Things were said, people left, things happened. I will always love UCN, but its just time to move on for myself. I left a few hours before the disbandment actually happened, but now its time to give up myself.

[size="4"][b]
[/b][/size][center][size="4"][b][color="#ff0000"]REMEMBER UCN
[/color]December 2007-April 2010
[/b][/size]
My finial post representing UCN

Godspeed

-Deebo
Former Minister of Interior
United Commonwealth of Nations
[/center]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='24 April 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1272141258' post='2273313']
In theory the UCN charter allows a unanimous council vote (3 members) to disband the alliance. If the decision was made by the legitimate elected council I don't see the problem.
[/quote]

That was my interpretation of the charter too.

[quote name='Deebo' date='24 April 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1272140160' post='2273296']
As much as Iv read of this topic, its starting to make me sick. They are only a handful of people who truly knew what happened and why it happened. Things were said, people left, things happened. I will always love UCN, but its just time to move on for myself. I left a few hours before the disbandment actually happened, but now its time to give up myself.

[size="4"][b]
[/b][/size][center][size="4"][b][color="#ff0000"]REMEMBER UCN
[/color]December 2007-April 2010
[/b][/size]
My finial post representing UCN

Godspeed

-Deebo
Former Minister of Interior
United Commonwealth of Nations
[/center]
[/quote]

It could always be much worse. You could be stuck in IRON.

[quote name='Ameris' date='24 April 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1272089917' post='2272841']
FEAR members below my rank (Director) are to withhold their tongue.
[/quote]

Why do I have the impression that you could help clarify this situation?
Anyways, sad to see this (if it's true). I really liked you.

[quote name='Ameris' date='24 April 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1272142623' post='2273355']
It could always be much worse. You could be stuck in IRON.
[/quote]
Ya know, its normally considered polite to keep your cheap jabs out of disbandment notices. Just some food for thought. -_-

Anywho, I hope that UCN will either recover/refound or whatever term is deemed appropriate for this situation.

o/

[quote name='Lamuella' date='24 April 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1272147967' post='2273424']
to avoid the giant administrative headache that they would cause, any remaining reparations owed by UCN to GOONS are waived.
[/quote]

Very nice.

Being a former member and leader of UCN I feel disgusted towards some of the former government members who decided in their own wisdom to shut down UCN with members input or knowledge. You make me want to puke.

Like to thank all the allies standing by the current UCN and upholding the treaties and GOON for wiping the rest of the reps to help UCN along.

[quote name='King Phil II' date='24 April 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1272136269' post='2273231']
What a weird topic :blink:

Allience exists, 3 members of gov decide to leave, then tell everyone else in the alliance that the alliance doesn't exist anymore... have I got this right? Why not just say you want to leave and let some f the other members take over control of the alliance, you don't have to shaft everyone there just because you don't want to be in UCN anymore.

and if you are going to disband, then at the very least tell your members before you tell the rest of the CN world, it is only polite, and gives them a chance to find new homes BEFORE they are left to fend for themselves.
[/quote]

They day before the 3 government members disbanded the alliance we had a MASS EXODUS of government members and council members who were pissed that the merger fell through. During the resignation threads a few words were said which is not important now. We also had members leaving weeks prior. I hope UCN could keep going. It sounds like many members are dedicated to seeing it go. I wish I got Erik's message before I left. I think you should have sent it out earlier Erik. Many people who left after it was disbanded had no idea that some people were trying to keep UCN afloat. I am comfortable where I am at now. I will still support UCN. It would be good to have you guys rebuild again. It will just take you time to get everything back together.

[quote name='Banksy' date='24 April 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1272164037' post='2273750']
TSO 2.0?
[/quote]

Hardly, UCN and FEAR are supposed to merge, merger falls through, lots of gov/members despair because of this and decide to leave, remaining gov feels that in the face of the massive loss of membership/gov that it is in the best interest to disband the alliance, various members disagree and decide to uphold the UCN banner. Not really seeing TSO 2.0 here

You were our fiercest opponents in the war, so it's surprising to see you go like this. Either way, I wish all of you pleasant travels to your new alliances.

Edit: Unless you're going to FEAR.

Edited by Sardonic

Deebo, whatever the real story is, it is evident there are quiet a few folks that wish to keep the UCN banner up and in the wind. Why not help them, since you evidently do care about UCN.

Hate to see a community that wishes to stay together, have to dissolve just because a few folks said they have to.

[quote name='Lennox' date='24 April 2010 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1272116888' post='2272966']
Fewer alliances is better.
[/quote]

Says a member of the third (and most useless) alliance Moldavi has founded.

[quote]Disbanding the alliance without consulting membership? Poor form.[/quote]

What did you expect from a CDT alliance, really?

Good luck to the (ex?) members of UCN.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='25 April 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1272170305' post='2273888']
Was the attempted merge with FEAR an actual equal merge or more of a fold-in? I don't understand how being absorbed can fall through. :huh:
[/quote]

FEAR didn't want them maybe?