Post-War Ratings

bigwoody

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='18 April 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1271635650' post='2265510']
Stat huggers [img]http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-argh.gif[/img]
[/quote]

This is why I'm glad this war happened. We ended up losing most of ours. :P Granted our biggest one was never even involved in the war. Which is too bad given how many people wanted to see him nuke someone 25 times than quit. :ph34r:

[quote name='Lennox' date='18 April 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1271617836' post='2265158']
The Guru Order and Fark nations were absolutely pathetic. (At least the people I fought). RnR was decent and the guys I fought from CSN were pretty badass. Props to those CSN nations. The rest could learn a thing or two.
[/quote]
Im not sure who put what in this fellows drink but do you have any left

I never encountered anyone worth discussing but from what i saw Fark was their typical silent and deadly selves and Umbrella mightve attacked more alliances than anyone else

[b]WAPA[/b] nations I fought for the most part had the right idea, but were overmatched.
[b]The German Empire[/b] nations I fought were very bad, I was actually surprised at how bad my opponents were.
[b]TPE[/b] was quite good. Nicely organized and very prepared. Took advantage of our weaknesses and didn't waver in the face of big damage.

With the exception of 1 WAPA nation, all my opponents were honorable and fun to fight against.

FAN - Seemed a bit rusty, at least the ones that had survived the Long Night. Still, not a bad return to the battlefield. They'd probably had a better time of it against a lesser opponent.

PC - My own personal experience was that they seemed to be cherry picking targets. May have been part of a strategy, so I really can't say anything positive or negative either way.

\m/ - Came at us with less than stellar warchests and it seriously handicapped them. Given that they had been beat up a bit by Polaris before coming at us, attacking us wasn't the best call though given their stated CB, I understood why they felt the need to try.

NoR - Impressed quite a few of us with their performance. Really gave our middle ranks a tough way to go.

I wouldn't mind having any of the above alliances fighting on my side the next go around...they all should consider that a compliment.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='18 April 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1271641387' post='2265611']
The only TOP member that actually fought was Shardoon. Other than that, they either just CMed me and just lost 40 mil a day. All IRON opponents didn't do !@#$. The one TFD person I fought surrendered on day one. TORN fought well though.
[/quote]

Really? We only had one surrender the whole war, and you got him. Unlucky for you I guess. :P

From the people I fought, the one RoK guy was my toughest opponent. Granted he was at the top of my range, but I wasn't able to bring him down like I did the WAPA guy who actually dropped NS to hit me. The Aeonic Imperium guy I fought tried to fight, but my wonders and tech really hindered him. The ROCK guy I fought was similar to the AI guy, he tried but had some trouble.

The ones that don't get honorable mentions are WAPA, because they were pretty much all unprepared. Most of them didn't fight or fought very little, with the exception of the one I mentioned above.
FoB get a mixed mention. A bad one because they pretty much rolled over and generally weren't prepared enough - every single one I fought (2/3 of them surrendered). A good one because the ones that stayed were loyal and FoB as the alliance we see now gladly took the role as CnG's meatshield for a good part of the war.

Edited by GearHead

I fought against Invicta and Olympus nations with NoR. They were pretty disappointing, only damage I received was through CM attacks (A whole 6 of them in total). I wish I had the opportunity to fight Valhalla, appartantly they fought with honor and actually put up a fight.

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' date='18 April 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1271641992' post='2265626']
I fought against Invicta and Olympus nations with NoR. They were pretty disappointing, only damage I received was through CM attacks (A whole 6 of them in total). I wish I had the opportunity to fight Valhalla, appartantly they fought with honor and actually put up a fight.
[/quote]

Yes Valhalla put up a fight, I can that for them

I think a TOP vs MK war would be incredible with our current stats, given that it's pretty even at this point.

Bigwoody's comments are pretty biased though. His major reasoning can be directly related to the fact that TOP was fighting a nuclear war where they were outnumbered in nations and had a ton of tech. I wonder why they dealt so much damage. If you want a statistic to disprove that they dismantled their opponents, consider that if I were in TOP, my tech rank would have risen from around #25 at the beginning of the war to around #10 by the end (including the AA switchers). And I got nuked around 30 times this war.

That's not to say TOP was sub-par, or even average. They were definitely the most active alliance on that side of the war and did very well given the situation. Just seems like Bigwoody trying pretty hard to paint MK in a poor light and glorify TOP.

PS - BJ's first post on this page sums up the alliance-by-alliance analysis of our opponents pretty well.

Edited by Drai

TSO were very well prepared and gave us a spirited battle. On average they had better warchests than GATO, and higher tech, but we had like twice the number of nuclear armed nations. Combined with Ronin and OSA we were able to swarm them to the point that they could only fight on defense. Overall it was a pretty fun exchange.

GATO - 10/10 for tenacity. 10/10 for banter and showing class throughout the whole war. 7/10 Decent in a fight until they suffer from an utter failure when it came to warchests which was a 0/10. If they get their !@#$ together though, I wouldn't want to fight them again.

ODN - 4/10 Except for one or 2 members I fought. They get 10/10 for banter and putting up a fight, rest wasn't much of a contest. They owe GATO big time for being their meatshield.

Ronin - First round was fun with the 2 I fought. Even odds.

Genesis - Yeah, Out of 5 people I fought from Genesis... One actually fought.

Edited by Vandal

Polaris' upper rank rolled over except for Jeezy. He knew when to log on since we could only coordinate at one time during the day and he had nice tech levels. Kudos to him. That's not to say Polaris didn't dish out damage, but for 4000 nukes they didn't utilize it at all.

Regent of Omerta was the only nation in Valhalla within my range and fought very well for his limited experience. From what I remember I think as whole Valhalla lived up to their expectations and fought the best they could.

When I jumped over to TOOL I cherry picked my targets expecting my defensive slots to fill up rather quickly since I only had 4k infra, 8k tech, and like 16 nukes. That didn't happen until VE jumped in which was 5 days after I joined in. MA, LoSS, and Sparta lost big points there when they had plenty of nations larger than me open to attack. (RIA had still been tied up by Argent's nuclear affects.)

I was pretty disappointed with Heft, who didn't really seem to put any effort at all into the war. Can't say if that was widespread amongst the Sith or not. I probably shouldn't judge based on one member seeing as CSN's MoD got bill locked. :awesome:

I only fought STA for a few days so I'm not too sure, but they seemed quite competent overall.

GDA, NADC and UBD all impressed me, to be honest. If they had had the numbers and preparation to back up their spirit they would have been an above average fighting force.

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='18 April 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1271632538' post='2265467']
Personally I mostly fought MK. They were certainly more competent than past enemies of TOP's, all things considered. A tad overrated however. Plenty of warrior nations (with military wonders and mammoth warchests), but also plenty of nations that were bill-locked or close to bill-lock a few rounds in and/or otherwise did little.
[/quote]
I changed two words in your post. Fits nicely.

I am curious as to how we were overrated. Afterall, the pre-war perception of our alliance was that we couldn't hold the line for 1-2weeks in a real war much less actually fight back. Turns out those folks were quite wrong and it amuses us how after a few days of war that no one was singing that tune anymore.

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='18 April 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1271635613' post='2265509']
1v1? How about 2vWORLD?

(Misspell the third word of any response to this post to indicate you consent to such a union.)
[/quote]
I think thsi is a fantastic idea. Even in both our current state we would absolutely hammer people.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='18 April 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1271645388' post='2265726']
I changed two words in your post. Fits nicely.

I am curious as to how we were overrated. Afterall, the pre-war perception of our alliance was that we couldn't hold the line for 1-2weeks in a real war much less actually fight back. Turns out those folks were quite wrong and it amuses us how after a few days of war that no one was singing that tune anymore.
[/quote]
For what it's worth, everyone worth a damn knew this wasn't true :v:

[quote]
I think thsi is a fantastic idea. Even in both our current state we would absolutely hammer people.
[/quote]
Yes. Let's do this immediately.

My \m/ target at the start of the war was inactive (and eventually was deleted), so I assume that isn't representative of the entire alliance. PC nation I fought never actually did anything, despite being active (didn't even nuke me, despite the fact that there wasn't anyone else nuking me at the time), so that was a major disappointment. The FOK guys I went up against were alright, they were bigger but lacked coordination so by war's end they were about at a level with me. Same goes for the VE guys, and the one Kronos nation. Later in the war, I had one TOP target that fought back pretty damn well despite being significantly smaller, so kudos there. The other TOP target I had was hopelessly outnumbered so I don't hold it against him/her.

I feel like I somehow accidentally missed all the best fighters in the game when choosing my targets, and they missed me. Sort of disappointing war in terms of actual combat, all in all. I should note, however, that everyone I fought was respectful and enjoyable to talk to (at least, those opponents with whom I exchanged messages). It's good to see the quality of people in these wars has not gone down even if the difficulty of combat is something less than I had hoped for.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='18 April 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1271645551' post='2265728']
For what it's worth, everyone worth a damn knew this wasn't true :v:[/quote]
I know. It's just amusing to see most people change their tune very very quickly.

[quote]
Yes. Let's do this immediately.
[/quote]
I'm down. I had a blast fighting you. I'm sure it's even better getting to coordinate with you.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='18 April 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1271645388' post='2265726']
I am curious as to how we were overrated.
[/quote]
"A [i]tad[/i] overrated" (emphasis added this time around), in the sense that not all had the mammoth warchests attributed to TOP's ranks, and that not all were the impenetrable warriors they were being made out to be by some (which could certainly be said of all alliances).

Afterall, the pre-war perception of our alliance was that we couldn't hold the line for 1-2weeks in a real war much less actually fight back. Turns out those folks were quite wrong and it amuses us how after a few days of war that no one was singing that tune anymore.
[/quote]
I'm thinking this was possibly more TOP's perception of the pre-war perception of your alliance. I don't know how many with even half a clue were legitimately expecting that.