IRON released from terms.

[quote name='Schmoo' date='14 April 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1271251402' post='2260058']
I think it is safe to assume that most people posting here are aware it is a joke term. It was a good gesture nonetheless. Now go back to thinking you are better than everybody that doesn't share your side of the sandbox, little boy.
[/quote]

You read way too much in what I said. I just found it funny that people would hail this like it was the gift from God himself since it doesn't change anything for IRON in practise. Maybe it is YOU would should get your head out of a certain part of your anatomy and start reading what I say instead of imagining things because of my AA.

Edited by potato

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this thread receives more hails than expected because in a time where one alliance demands unconditional surrender, and a war that ended with a pretty high amount of reps is still in everyone's mind, it's simply nice to see a change of attitude, a bit less serious, no rep extortion or otherwise high reps etc being asked in a thread, rather an alliance currently under duress by a group led by an egomaniac gets some relief, even if symbolic.
This kind of thread should be how wars are concluded.

[quote name='potato' date='14 April 2010 - 06:40 AM' timestamp='1271252407' post='2260073']
You read way too much in what I said. I just found it funny that people would hail this like it was the gift from God himself since it doesn't change anything for IRON in practise. Maybe it is YOU would should get your head out of a certain part of your anatomy and start reading what I say instead of imagining things because of my AA.
[/quote]

Again, I am sure most are well aware that this gesture from BACon is not deus ex machina. What BACon has done is produced what is intended from joke terms, goodwill. That is what the hailfest is about. Your continued assumption that people are hailing the former instead of the latter is what I am responding to, not your AA.

[quote name='Schmoo' date='14 April 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1271251402' post='2260058']
I think it is safe to assume that most people posting here are aware it is a joke term. It was a good gesture nonetheless. Now go back to thinking you are better than everybody that doesn't share your side of the sandbox, little boy.
[/quote]

Except that they [i]are[/i] better than your side of the sandbox.

[quote]and a war that ended with a pretty high amount of reps is still in everyone's mind[/quote]

I missed where everyone thought the reps were high. In fact, I believe the rational person would point out that they are less than half of the tech CnG lost, let alone infra, warchest and land losses. If you choose to start a nuclear firestorm with someone because you don't like what they have to say, you better expect to pay some reps should you lose.

Most of us don't like what Invicta says. We don't go off and start attacking them. If we did and we lost, I'm sure we'd expect to pay some fairly serious reps too.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 April 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1271256325' post='2260112']

I missed where everyone thought the reps were high. In fact, I believe the rational person would point out that they are less than half of the tech CnG lost, let alone infra, warchest and land losses. If you choose to start a nuclear firestorm with someone because you don't like what they have to say, you better expect to pay some reps should you lose.

Most of us don't like what Invicta says. We don't go off and start attacking them. If we did and we lost, I'm sure we'd expect to pay some fairly serious reps too.
[/quote]
:rolleyes:
I did not judge the amount of reparations, I simply mentioned they are high, whether that's fair or not was never part of my statement.

[quote name='Schmoo' date='14 April 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1271251402' post='2260058']little boy.[/quote]

Ooh, that was a good one. Are all your barbs of a similar calibre or did you make a special effort on this occasion?

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 April 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1271256325' post='2260112']
Most of us don't like what Invicta says. We don't go off and start attacking them. [b]If we did and we lost, I'm sure we'd expect to pay some fairly serious reps too.[/b]
[/quote]
You might be surprised one day.

(A note: Invicta's total reps received from all alliance wars in its history is 300 tech, for which we paid 6M.)

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 April 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1271256325' post='2260112']

[/quote]

Penkala do you need to post in every thread to feel relevant or are you just that lonely. Our side of the Sandbox is just fine the line in the sand is cool too. If im not mistaken you wouldnt have any say in whether or not to release anyone from terms so since you can do nothing, shut up about it.

Way to keep things light BACON this thread smells delicious.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='14 April 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1271261241' post='2260169']
Penkala do you need to post in every thread to feel relevant or are you just that lonely. Our side of the Sandbox is just fine the line in the sand is cool too. If im not mistaken you wouldnt have any say in whether or not to release anyone from terms so since you can do nothing, shut up about it.

Way to keep things light BACON this thread smells delicious.
[/quote]

I don't post in 'every thread'. I don't even post in a quarter of them. And as far as 'say' goes, no, I don't get to choose. But I'm tired of people going "HAY SG YOU GUYS SHOULD DO THIS". Your offers of giving us 100 hails or putting something in your signature for a month in return for a CnG-SF war or turning on Gremlins or whatever else you want us to do have been considered and thoroughly rejected, so take it elsewhere, because everyone's tired of hearing it.

CnG will decide what they want to do. They have quite a few intelligent individuals over there (and Londo too :awesome:) and I'm sure they realize that they can remove restrictions on alliances and that they can declare war on alliances at will. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. And thus far, they've been extremely rational and reasonable in their approach to this: They first publicly stated that they don't agree with the Gremlins, then they left them on the battlefield. Hell, leaving them on the battlefield was all you guys asked for first. Now you want us to attack them for you. Or remove restrictions so that you can pull off a curbstomp. And while CnG could do those things if they wanted to, it'd be foolish to pursue either, especially so soon. And so they don't. And just because you keep asking won't change the answer: "no".

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 April 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1271256325' post='2260112']
[/quote]

Well I suppose you would say that since a majority on your side of the sandbox has a tendency to wallow in their old self-righteousness. ;)

That said Schmoo you jumped the gun a little there fellah cool it a bit. :)

[quote name='MCRABT' date='14 April 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1271263075' post='2260200']
Well I suppose you would say that since a majority on your side of the sandbox has a tendency to wallow in their old self-righteousness. ;)

That said Schmoo you jumped the gun a little there fellah cool it a bit. :)
[/quote]

I base mine on criteria. For example, your side likes to launch unprovoked attacks much more than our side does. I don't like that. Your side feels it's fine to attack an alliance because you don't like their opinions. I'm not cool with that either. Therefore, our side of the fence is better than yours, in my eyes. Now I understand you do like unprovoked attacks or attacking someone because you just don't like them, and that's why you think your side of the sandbox is better. That's fine with me. I just happen to disagree.

But let's not get off on a tangent here.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='kpcurley' date='14 April 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1271262137' post='2260184']
also if BACoN is going to take the reigns of global oppressor we could use some more alliances stopping by our forums.
[/quote]
After this announcement, I think it is worthwhile founding more out about you guys :)

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 April 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1271263881' post='2260216']
I base mine on criteria. For example, your side likes to launch unprovoked attacks much more than our side does. I don't like that. Your side feels it's fine to attack an alliance because you don't like their opinions. I'm not cool with that either. Therefore, our side of the fence is better than yours, in my eyes. Now I understand you do like unprovoked attacks or attacking someone because you just don't like them, and that's why you think your side of the sandbox is better. That's fine with me. I just happen to disagree.

But let's not get off on a tangent here.
[/quote]
I think the record got stuck, you should either change the record, or skip ahead to the next song.

[quote name='Heft' date='14 April 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1271266980' post='2260269']
Stop ruining this thread, you !@#$%^&*.
[/quote]

I, for one, agree. Which is why I asked for it to be stopped.

In any case, my opinions on this:

It's a largely symbolic move, but symbolic moves can be important, and I think this one is. Not insomuch as when NSO joined on to the old Hegemony side with the IRON treaty or or Invicta pledged they'd defend NPO even without a treaty, but important nonetheless. I think BACoN is making it crystal clear where it (and much of the world) stands on IRON: They've done a lot wrong, and maybe they don't deserve to be treated like an angel, but what's going on right now is an extremely stinky variety of !@#$%^&*.

Hopefully IRON will get a chance to fulfill their other terms as well, but for that to happen the Gromlins will need to get over their damn egos. And I'd suggest they get over their egos damn fast.

Also, bacon frying pans are not consumable and BACoN really just did this because they ran out of room for them, not because they're some good people or anything. Pretty sure we all know BACoN are complete @#$%. :awesome:

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Ghuxalia' date='14 April 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1271285033' post='2260541']
I wanted to get a shipment of women to replace the frying pans, but kp wouldn't let me :P
[/quote]

Ghux this is why we keep in your hole durring diplomatic procedures. :P

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='14 April 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1271277894' post='2260428']
Enjoy your 15 minutes of limelight ;) since really that's all this thread is.
[/quote]

Enjoy your pointless barbs, that offer little to the discussion at hand and only go to show what an uptight personality you really have, all directed towards an alliance you know little about. Since really that's all this post is.

Oops, nearly forgot the safety wink, you know, so it looks like I'm joking and being light hearted even though I mean every single word I've said.

;)

I actually think this is a great injustice.

Poor IRON have now bought hundreds of billions of Frying Pans now. And the market is saturated. So they've stockpiled them in the warehouse after strip mining the land. THINK OF THE ENVIRONMENT

OH THE INHUMANITY IF IT!

YOU SCUM BACON!

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='14 April 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1271277894' post='2260428']
Enjoy your 15 minutes of limelight ;) since really that's all this thread is.
[/quote]

That is so clearly what we intended when we made this announcement. Instead of trying to make a good diplomatic gesture. I direct my alliance to gain the love and adoration of planet bob.

[quote name='Cyphon88' date='15 April 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1271334395' post='2261253']
I actually think this is a great injustice.

Poor IRON have now bought hundreds of billions of Frying Pans now. And the market is saturated. So they've stockpiled them in the warehouse after strip mining the land. THINK OF THE ENVIRONMENT

OH THE INHUMANITY IF IT!

YOU SCUM BACON!
[/quote]

I am this close to publicaly accusing you of being a spy. How did TTK know our secret plans? :P