The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='ironchef' date='21 April 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1271836587' post='2268988']
I was going to PM DAWN members and ask who had taken a !@#$ today and send the list to RAM, but I could not stop laughing long enough to get the job done. :lol1:

edit: words
[/quote]
We have detailed statistics, if ram needs them, he can come and ask :smug:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ironchef' date='21 April 2010 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1271837210' post='2268993']
No really, I truly want to know what is going to be done to them. Will they be on a ZI list? Will they be called bad names? Is he going to make them kick a puppy? What? Come on just spill it. What is gRAMlins going to do to these members that leave without asking?
[/quote]

I think its pretty clear what while happen to them. First they must unconditionally surrender, then they must solve three riddles, then Gramlin's will ZI them, or maybe not.

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='21 April 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1271831658' post='2268932']
It's like every Gov on Bob, they choose what they want known and what they don't.
If the rest of Bob want's to post about elections and other boring stuff then that is upto them. [b]But just because a Gov decides not to post something does not mean they are stupid or can't explain, it just means they really don't want to post.[/b]
[/quote]

Excellent! Does this apply to acknowledging a state of war between an alliance (let's say DAWN) and the attacker (say... NAMlins[sup]tm[/sup]) of their ally (let's say IRON)? Just curious ;)

Disclaimer: I called the alliance in question NAMlins[sup]tm[/sup] per the specific request of Omas Nams. Hi, Omas.

[quote name='ironchef' date='20 April 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1271814273' post='2268541']
I have done something. I sent a PM out to all Grämlins members telling them the truth about what is being done. I have pointed some to this thread and sent some to talk to IRON and DAWN gov members. Because of the gift of sight Grämlins members have left and others are on the way out. Because of terms this is all I can do. To me 6 members walking out is better than a 8k tech WRC nuke. I wish there was more I could do to help Grämlins government see the wrong in this.
The PM’s I have sent yielded better results than any attacks ever could.

[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/ironchef_GGA/nothappymember-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/ironchef_GGA/gramMSG-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/ironchef_GGA/gramPM.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Hmm so what im seeing here is subversion by an outside actor not involved in the conflict. I think this gives Gre a pretty damn solid CB against ironchef and TORN (if they dont expel and disavow her).
Steps must be taken to deal with such terrorists and criminals.
I recommend PZI as subversive elements are usually arrested and shot.

Edited by King Chill I

[quote name='King Chill I' date='21 April 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1271862902' post='2269132']
Hmm so what im seeing here is subversion by an outside actor not involved in the conflict. I think this gives Gre a pretty damn solid CB against ironchef and TORN (if they dont expel and disavow her).
[/quote]

Mmm with TORN still being under terms could such an act be construed as a re-entery into the conflict in violation if they don't act ;)

[quote name='King Chill I' date='21 April 2010 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1271862902' post='2269132']
[/quote]

No, Chill, it's ok because ironchef's "side" is louder.
That makes typically globally-accepted acts of war A-OK.

Edited by Matthew PK

[quote name='SynthFG' date='21 April 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1271864680' post='2269148']
Mmm with TORN still being under terms could such an act be construed as a re-entery into the conflict in violation if they don't act ;)
[/quote]
Careful you don't pull a muscle with all that stretching you're doing.

Last I checked theres nothing wrong with spreading publicly available information.

But hey, if Ramlins is going to attack us, they're going to attack us. We can do this who global war thing again and see how it shakes out with them as the initial aggressor.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='King Chill I' date='21 April 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1271862902' post='2269132']
[/quote]

Discussion about a governments current position is indeed a heinous act of terrorism, as is being offensively attacked by an alliance and refusing to surrender unconditionally, as is attacking an alliance when your on the losing side of a war in order to follow your treaty commitments.

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='21 April 2010 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1271831029' post='2268921']
Thanks for the disclaimer, but please don't make yourself look so stupid by trying to insult me like that. Won't work as I would never lower myself to the general stupidity that is The Peanut Gallery.
[/quote]
Several ill-informed comments later, I'd say it's a bit late for that. Calling an alliance leader part of 'The Peanut Gallery', for example, is comedy gold, as the kids say.

On another matter, the idea that sending messages to nations now constitutes a valid reason to go to war is rather foolish. But I would dearly love to see it happen, if only to kick-start this mess all over again. (Won't happen, but one can dream.)

As to what will/would happen to Gramlins members who leave while the war continues? Yeah....I'm going to go with 'nothing'. Gramlins ability to impose anything outside their own alliance is somewhere around nil.

Gramlins, prepare for the arrival of the NSO mid-war recruiting squad. :v:

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='21 April 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1271865501' post='2269163']
Several ill-informed comments later, I'd say it's a bit late for that. Calling an alliance leader part of 'The Peanut Gallery', for example, is comedy gold, as the kids say.

On another matter, the idea that sending messages to nations now constitutes a valid reason to go to war is rather foolish. But I would dearly love to see it happen, if only to kick-start this mess all over again. (Won't happen, but one can dream.)

As to what will/would happen to Gramlins members who leave while the war continues? Yeah....I'm going to go with 'nothing'. Gramlins ability to impose anything outside their own alliance is somewhere around nil.

Gramlins, prepare for the arrival of the NSO mid-war recruiting squad. :v:
[/quote]
Well now I'm not the Peanut Gallery, I am a terrorist criminal! Or worse...

A CRIMINAL PEANUT GALLERY TERRORIST

And indeed I don't understand why I am supposed to feel threatened. If they really want to attack us for pointing out their leader went over the deep end (probably the weakest CB ever), then I guess that solves the problem of alliances not being able to re-enter due to terms, as we would have a brand spanking new war.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='bigwoody' date='21 April 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1271865589' post='2269166']

And indeed I don't understand why I am supposed to feel threatened. If they really want to attack us for pointing out their leader went over the deep end (probably the weakest CB ever), then I guess that solves the problem of alliances not being able to re-enter due to terms, as we would have a brand spanking new war.
[/quote]
Gosh, it would be perfect if they did that! There's no way anybody will help Grem, and all that would do is stack the odds against them even further!

[quote name='bigwoody' date='21 April 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1271865589' post='2269166']

[/quote]

You can't be a terrorist, Woodrow. I've never seen you at the meetings. Granted, it's been a while since I've attended one. (Does Schatt still chair them?)

But hey, if The Gramlins would like to attack alliances with members who believe that Ramirus is a few beans shy of a burrito....well, that's a pretty long list. It even includes MHA.

[quote name='MCRABT' date='21 April 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1271864958' post='2269155']
Discussion about a governments current position is indeed a heinous act of terrorism, as is being offensively attacked by an alliance and refusing to surrender unconditionally, as is attacking an alliance when your on the losing side of a war in order to follow your treaty commitments.
[/quote]
When you read the crimes we have committed like this, I realize how bad I truly feel about those misdeeds. Namlins ( :wub: Omas :wub: ) my most sincere apologies for being part of the criminal peanut gallery terrorists.

Additional disclaimer: I must agree with MPK, Ironchef, telling members of an alliance about their government is not just criminal, no, it is simply outrageous and... terroristic. Please, stop providing Namlins with a new solid CB :awesome:

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='21 April 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1271866804' post='2269180']
But hey, if The Gramlins would like to attack alliances with members who believe that Ramirus is a few beans shy of a burrito....well, that's a pretty long list. It even includes MHA.
[/quote]
Uh-oh. Am I in trouble?

Meh, I'll just pretend it was only Scutter, since apparently Gre top brass doesn't check OWF :P
Am I saying this out loud? Damn! [i]So close[/i]...

[quote name='King Chill I' date='21 April 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1271862902' post='2269132']
[/quote]

I like to call it "Radio Free Gramlins". It is our little charity for all those oppressed and brainwashed in Gre control territories. Some die hard believers will remain until the inevitable collapse, but maybe our info will give some the bravery they need to try and flee.

Subversion/information. I suppose those could be interpreted as two sides of the same coin depending on how much censorship you desire.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='21 April 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1271864680' post='2269148']
[/quote]

Wait Synth, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the MK line last war was that words and forum posts don't really matter and no action can be taken based on them? That is why TOP was paranoid right? Because the opinions of a few members don't really matter. Please elucidate it for me. I obviously still have so much to learn from your almighty intellect.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='21 April 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1271868968' post='2269217']
I like to call it "Radio Free Gramlins".
[/quote]

Hahahahah, that actually would make for some really funny and fun propaganda. I will strongly lobby for them to spare you from PZI in light of your entertaining efforts.

And you are right is all up to your interpretation and how seriously you wanna take things.

In this case though if i were IRON i wouldnt surrender, my sources tell me the evil gremlins intend to include Prima Nocta as part of the terms.

Edited by King Chill I

[quote name='Cormalek' date='21 April 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1271868634' post='2269211']
Uh-oh. Am I in trouble?

Meh, I'll just pretend it was only Scutter, since apparently Gre top brass doesn't check OWF :P
Am I saying this out loud? Damn! [i]So close[/i]...
[/quote]
Oh my, did you just almost give your allies a CB against you? :lol1:

Also, I am a great fan and regular listener of "Radio Free Namlins". I just love that station :wub:

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='21 April 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1271868968' post='2269217']
I like to call it "Radio Free Gramlins". It is our little charity for all those oppressed and brainwashed in Gre control territories. Some die hard believers will remain until the inevitable collapse, but maybe our info will give some the bravery they need to try and flee.

Subversion/information. I suppose those could be interpreted as two sides of the same coin depending on how much censorship you desire.

Wait Synth, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the MK line last war was that words and forum posts don't really matter and no action can be taken based on them? That is why TOP was paranoid right? Because the opinions of a few members don't really matter. Please elucidate it for me. I obviously still have so much to learn from your almighty intellect.
[/quote]

Talk about sense of humour failure,

[quote name='SynthFG' date='21 April 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1271870512' post='2269257']
[/quote]
I don't think you were joking, I think you were hoping that line of thinking would catch on. When it didn't, now you're resorting to laughing it off. Nothing in your last post smelled like sarcasm.

[quote name='Heft' date='21 April 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1271870893' post='2269263']
Messages to nations are not acts of war. We settled this nearly a year ago, thankyouverymuch.
[/quote]

I see what you did there heftypoo. And you are right.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='21 April 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1271870512' post='2269257']
[/quote]
What Woody said, only that I don't just think you were serious, I fear you were. Considering your other involuntary attempts at humor (bandwagoners :awesome: ), I am more than thankful for your input in this thread here, it just wouldn't be the same without you :P