The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Kowalski' date='07 April 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1270659392' post='2251753']
I would expect the Grämlins to avert this PR disaster by working damn hard on getting this unconditional surrender and then instantly declaring white peace, just to prove that they can and that they're doing CN a favour exploring this new and interesting avenue in simulated warfare.
[/quote]
Its wishful thinking that Gramlins will embarrass themselves further by offering white peace after this. If they back down now they will look like an incompetent alliance. If they get the unconditional surrender and offer white peace it will be because of public pressure not Gramlins policy. If they get the surrender and kill IRON they will be next. There is no way for Gramlins to look good after this monumentally stupid unilateral action. Stay strong IRON.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ojiras Ajeridas' date='07 April 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1270626373' post='2251448']
Grämlins, you have finally to realize that you stand in front of a dead end on this your path to more fun. You ask a thing from IRON no alliance can agree to. So, if you don't change your mind, we will stay at this point for other 2 or 3 months. This means that your allies won't get a dime of reparations by IRON in all this time. This means your allies will disagree more and more about this strange thing you are playing here. There's no way this thing will go well for you. IRON isn't that fool to surrender unconditionally without knowing what this kind of surrender actually is and what you plan afterwards.
[/quote]

Don't worry, many of our friends will apparently have their slots full with tech from TOP for a while!

[quote name='Kowalski' date='07 April 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1270659392' post='2251753']
Unfortunately this doesn't run true as the Grämlins have made it clear before that they don't apply the same rules as most when judging what is an offensive war. If they felt that they had no choice but to declare war, and I'm guessing that the declaration on MK by IRON is seen this way, then they would consider IRON the offensive party and their own action defensive (even the the war between the two parties it was the Grämlins who actually declared).

I would expect the Grämlins to avert this PR disaster by working damn hard on getting this unconditional surrender and then instantly declaring white peace, just to prove that they can and that they're doing CN a favour exploring this new and interesting avenue in simulated warfare.
[/quote]
It doesn't stop the fact that I don't think Ramlins would ever "unconditionally surrender", so they shouldn't be asking the same of others, nor is IRON/DAWN any current or immediate threat to Gre or its allies.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='07 April 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1270604120' post='2251023']
I intend to continue fighting IRON/DAWN as soon as there are nations in my range. I will do so, or be ready to do so, until they surrender or the matter is otherwise resolved.
[/quote]

That is a statement of your readiness to fight. Not an answer to my question. But given the unwillingness of anyone from your alliance to state your future intention towards IRON and DAWN, I cannot say that I am surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

[quote name='Kowalski' date='07 April 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1270659392' post='2251753']
[/quote]
That would presume that Gramlins aren't politically inept and aren't getting off on being seen as the "bad guys." Nevermind that this behavior is more akin to a childish tantrum than proper or meaningful antagonism, they're getting all sorts of attention for it and they don't seem to have any intention of letting that go.

[quote name='Shamshir' date='07 April 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1270597344' post='2250883']
3 does not a majority make, a lot have left for paradox's fair shores though. That I can't deny.
[/quote]

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='07 April 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1270597506' post='2250887']
Hey :mad:
[/quote]

The three that left were key members. I think I can agree that it wasn't a majority, but then again, quite a few joined.
Also Bob, exceptions prove the rule. :P

[quote name='Mad Mike' date='07 April 2010 - 05:45 AM' timestamp='1270615482' post='2251314']
i have a feeling you and the whole planet bob would know, when that time comes that they surrender.
[/quote]

No one likes Surprise Boxes. The important question here is, "would Grämlins accept these terms, if they were in IRON's situation?". Talking to old Grämlins Members, those who have made Grämlins great, I think no, no one in Grämlins would accept that.

[quote name='Bill Adama' date='07 April 2010 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1270619281' post='2251370']
It would be pretty funny if after all this IRON finally surrendered and the Gremlins Unconditional Surrender to them was white peace.
[/quote]

If Grämlins offer them white peace, they can do that without the fancy surprise box bs. Apparently, they don't impress anyone with that strategy but themselves. If being stubborn is the only thing they want, then they have to live with the criticism of others and can expect to die slowly in irrelevance.

VonDroz|Gre managed to out arrogant IRON. Impressive.

*yes I turned that into verb. got a problem with that?*

I doubt many people will be willingly jumping to Gre's assistance when it's Gre's turn to get the boots. Oh I forgot Gre is so awesome that they can 'fight for a couple years at this pace, a little longer'. :smug: I want some of what you're smokin' boy!

Edited by SonOfHoward

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='07 April 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1270660379' post='2251777']
Don't worry, many of our friends will apparently have their slots full with tech from TOP for a while!
[/quote]
I'm not sure we will double our speed in paying reps because of this your game.... so the slots dedicated to TOP will be full, those dedicated to IRON will be a bit more like... empty... but of course this will be a government's decision, and I'm everything but a respected [s]government[/s] member in TOP ;)

[quote name='Coursca' date='07 April 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1270650383' post='2251616']
:wub: Ojiras :wub:

Unfortunately, the events you depict here could very well unfold exactly this way. But, then again...they would never let something like this spiral down the tubes like this for them...would they...? :ehm:

Nope, never...these guys are paragons of logic, morality, and what have you. :awesome:
[/quote]
:wub: Coursca :wub: how're doing over there???

Wow... Paragons... maybe you're right... but did you know that a paragon is made of the same material as soot?

Edited by Ojiras Ajeridas

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='05 April 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1270452716' post='2248861']
Which is it? Funny or ironic that you didn't seem to have any problems with GRE fought IRON last time?
[/quote]

Excuse me, but what?
Maybe you should call steelrat and ask him what i told him the evening after you declared on Iron the first time. He needed like 2h to calm me down, i may understand the pure tactical need to declare on Iron there, but that doesn´t mean i have no problems with it.

@ Sam: i have to correct you on one point, Steel would never have left Grämlins to join TOP, he and saber didn´t get along too good, and infact saber was on nr.1 of his, "i kill, when i go rouge" list, if anything i guess he would have joined Ejay and the ninjas.
However since the end of last year, it was clear to me, that sooner or later, his nation would just stop to exist, as he didn´t showed up that often. Infact you had to remember him evry 20 days :)

Edited by necAnt

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 April 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1270686319' post='2252344']
The new Gremlins is made up Ramirus deciding everything and those still in gov don't care about whats going on anymore and lack any desire to take over.
[/quote]

Your record is stuck I guess. It's playing the same song over and over :rolleyes:

Hell, I guess things like this are bound to happen. I mean...really...what does Gremlins have to lose ? They obviously haven't responded to any FA pressure, they don't care much for the OWF & they sure as hell don't care about the morality of the situation. There they sit with their GOD tOP tier, untouachable by all the rest. Boredom...nice one.

[quote name='necAnt' date='08 April 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1270704929' post='2252815']
Excuse me, but what?
Maybe you should call steelrat and ask him what i told him the evening after you declared on Iron the first time. He needed like 2h to calm me down, i may understand the pure tactical need to declare on Iron there, but that doesn´t mean i have no problems with it.

@ Sam: i have to correct you on one point, Steel would never have left Grämlins to join TOP, he and saber didn´t get along too good, and infact saber was on nr.1 of his, "i kill, when i go rouge" list, if anything i guess he would have joined Ejay and the ninjas.
However since the end of last year, it was clear to me, that sooner or later, his nation would just stop to exist, as he didn´t showed up that often. Infact you had to remember him evry 20 days :)
[/quote]
Call him up. Tell him we got The Ninjas going and we want his $@!. :)

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='08 April 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1270730597' post='2253025']
Call him up. Tell him we got The Ninjas going and we want his $@!. :)
[/quote]

Personally steel was a Grämlins to his core, I doubt he would ever leave. At least he's Enjoying his Vacation in Eden.

[quote name='Shamshir' date='08 April 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1270765594' post='2253444']
Personally steel was a Grämlins to his core, I doubt he would ever leave. At least he's Enjoying his Vacation in Eden.
[/quote]
tbh, i really hope he does.
and this is just the wish of an old "old" grämlin to another old one, without any bad thoughts and stuff.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='08 April 2010 - 02:36 AM' timestamp='1270712157' post='2252904']
Your record is stuck I guess. It's playing the same song over and over :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Much like an elementary school teacher showing her students addition flashcards over and over until they understand.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='08 April 2010 - 08:41 AM' timestamp='1270730464' post='2253024']
They are not untouchable, that top tier is smaller than TOP's was.
[/quote]
who has a top tier anymore anyways?

[quote name='jstep' date='09 April 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1270817497' post='2254227']
who has a top tier anymore anyways?
[/quote]

They went out of style. Looks like no one told the Ramlins. :smug:

Seems almost everybody lost most of their top tiers either fighting TOP or fighting on the same side as TOP. Gremlins have been fighting only IRON and DAWN (who previously were fighting many alliances) so they still have many left up there.

For the duration of the war up till today (1/29-today):

Offensively Gramlins hit and # of wars:
Democratic Alliance of Wise Nations 11
Independent Republic of Orange Nations 74

Defensively Gramlins was hit by and # of wars:
Democratic Alliance of Wise Nations 11
Independent Republic of Orange Nations 22

Ironically 29 of the defensive wars are current.

Edited by Bilrow