The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='tobbogon' date='31 March 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1270086914' post='2242781']
The one IRON nation in my range not in peace mode is Matt Miller who currently has his slots full, and if asked, Gre would gladly supply a nation or three to fill up his slots, i know we have in the past months.
[/quote]
Yeah? I'm in range of Gremlins. Get me. Back that talk up.

Edited by Gamemaster1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately.. none of our complaining will do much for the Gremlins' current gov/citizenship... I believe the change we seek isn't something that will happen overnight.. nor do I think that the WILL to change for the better (in the world's eyes) is there. Those who are still there are there for their own reasons and no amount of the world pointing fingers or wagging them will change their minds...

Best of luck to IRON.. I hope that this new and barely involved alliance will come to its senses and just let you be..

oo/ Reason...

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='31 March 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1270092563' post='2242960']
No one that marches under Grub's orders gets to ask for anything from us, much less tell us how to behave.
[/quote]

"Sound like." Try "is" and you might be onto something.

I had an angry reply typed up in response to this...then I decided to say this much more censored comment instead: Any friend of mine would've ignored my ensign and colors and instead taken the comment for what it was intended to be -- a hope that cooler heads would prevail and that peace would be found, especially for TOP and IRON.

Very disappointing.

Also, Grub is no longer the Emperor here. Penguin is.

[quote name='tobbogon' date='31 March 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1270087755' post='2242801']
Yeah, some stupid stuff was done, and by no means am i condoning it, but srsly, you guys are just lumping me and all the other dudes together with Ram, whom you all dislike.[/quote]

If the rest of Gramlins don't give him power, then Ramirus wouldn't have any power to make demands. You have a choice. You don't have to remain in Gramlins. Every member of Gramlins has the chance to leave, as many have recently. In the meantime, you've put Ramirus in power, you've allowed him to make the decisions for your alliance. And so long as you are part of Gramlins, yes, I do lump you and "all the other dudes" together. That's what an alliance is.

In fairness, we should all give the Gramlins credit. They've brought almost everyone together. No matter who you've been fighting (if anyone), no matter who you've disagreed with in the past, practically everyone seems to have reached a common agreement here. The Gramlins are behaving like idiots.

Considering how rare it is to get this much consensus on an issue, that's impressive.

[quote name='Baldr' date='01 April 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1270094952' post='2243044']
If the rest of Gramlins don't give him power, then Ramirus wouldn't have any power to make demands. You have a choice. You don't have to remain in Gramlins. Every member of Gramlins has the chance to leave, as many have recently. In the meantime, you've put Ramirus in power, you've allowed him to make the decisions for your alliance. And so long as you are part of Gramlins, yes, I do lump you and "all the other dudes" together. That's what an alliance is.

In fairness, we should all give the Gramlins credit. They've brought almost everyone together. No matter who you've been fighting (if anyone), no matter who you've disagreed with in the past, practically everyone seems to have reached a common agreement here. The Gramlins are behaving like idiots.

Considering how rare it is to get this much consensus on an issue, that's impressive.
[/quote]
I wonder how Ramirus gets elected with stuff like this...

Thank you for setting some of us straight on who is in charge there.. Coursca I have always enjoyed your posts.. may people like you make Polaris a better place still.. I still respect much of the membership there (even you Sponge ;)) But I agree with your post.. Hopefully things are being worked out behind the scenes to bring this STUPID war to an end...

oo/

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='01 April 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1270095066' post='2243047']
I wonder how Ramirus gets elected with stuff like this...
[/quote]

Even if he doesn't get elected, he still controls the place. He wasn't elected last term, I recall the announcement, but somehow he's back in control again and snagged Judicator from whoever had been elected to it (assuming that their Wiki page is up to date). Gramlins has turned into Ramirus' Playhouse

Ramirus did in fact lose the last election. However, Chill (the new Judicator) resigned due to RL commitments. The brain trust of Archondom or whatever chose Ram as his replacement. There is currently an election for the Judicator position going on as we speak, as Tobbs as already mentioned. I hope that the result brings a change to that position and some reason to the negotiation process, which I agree has been completely ludicrous up to this point.

[quote name='Coursca' date='31 March 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1270091958' post='2242937']
The unfortunate reality, Matthew, is that it is not all about The gRAMlins. Holding up peace the way in which you are is weaksauce, plain and simple. I offer the following diagram to help demonstrate my point:

[img]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0906/egotistical-demotivational-poster-1245993783.jpg[img]

:v:
[/quote]

The last thing we want is your attention.
We have only one treaty, few members and limited slots.

Spare me. There may be valid things about GRE (or me?) to complain about but my ego is hardly one.

[quote name='Matt Miller' date='31 March 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1270088865' post='2242828']
Perhaps [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=182148"]this guy[/url] could do it then since he's in range. Unless he's busy captaining the Exxon Valdez or something.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/12/09/OIL_ST_wideweb__470x298,0.jpg[/img]

Please think of planet bob before supporting Ramirus.

[quote name='Coursca' date='31 March 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1270094869' post='2243042']
Also, Grub is no longer the Emperor here. Penguin is.
[/quote]

And Penguin and other govt of Polar all sat by (while proclaiming outrage in private) and did nothing.

That being said, I agree with you in the sense that I'll overlook your AA (though as a flip flop lame argument: any friend of TOP wouldn't be in Polar).

Back on topic though: This doesn't surprise me and I'm glad to see Steelrat deleted though I'd of preferred him to come join the fun with us over here.

Well it is nice to see Gramlins fall on their face in the court of public opinion. Still nowhere as epic as the TOP-NpO Love story.

Either way, IRON deserves peace. It is truly poor form to withdraw terms that you or your freinds laid on the table because of some perceived change in circumstances. These days however, its far too familiar for me to care.

I would have to say, first of all, that due to the lack of GRE response in this thread, I can't really say that I know their side of this.

But based on comments from members of C&G, as well as a few GRE members, I find myself questioning GRE for the first time that I can remember since I joined MHA/CN 2.5 years ago.

I would really like to hear some detailed responses from GRE.

[quote name='Iamrecognized' date='01 April 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1270099538' post='2243281']
I would have to say, first of all, that due to the lack of GRE response in this thread, I can't really say that I know their side of this.

But based on comments from members of C&G, as well as a few GRE members, I find myself questioning GRE for the first time that I can remember since I joined MHA/CN 2.5 years ago.

I would really like to hear some detailed responses from GRE.
[/quote]

There have been a large number of Grämlins members responding in this thread.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='31 March 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1270100045' post='2243308']
There have been a large number of Grämlins members responding in this thread.
[/quote]

[quote name='BDRocks' date='31 March 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1270100428' post='2243316']
I believe two Gre members have so far posted in this thread...
[/quote]

I am not at all prepared to base my opinions of a trusted ally on the responses on two members.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='31 March 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1270097503' post='2243101']
And Penguin and other govt of Polar all sat by (while proclaiming outrage in private) and did nothing.

That being said, I agree with you in the sense that I'll overlook your AA (though as a flip flop lame argument: any friend of TOP wouldn't be in Polar).

Back on topic though: This doesn't surprise me and I'm glad to see Steelrat deleted though I'd of preferred him to come join the fun with us over here.
[/quote]

that is not entirely fair in the least. After the SPW, i found myself in Gremlins and part of the Citadel bloc. the very bloc that helped roll Polaris, my former home. so just because a person chooses an alliance means nothing. friendship should transcend alliances. heck i get along with people in alliances i don't particularly like in the least. that is because it is the person i am friends with and thus their alliance matters little.

[quote name='Iamrecognized' date='01 April 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1270100703' post='2243326']
I am not at all prepared to base my opinions of a trusted ally on the responses on two members.
[/quote]
That's OK, just like everyone else in this thread, they didn't know what an unconditional surrender was either :v:

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='01 April 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1270101070' post='2243333']
That's OK, just like everyone else in this thread, they didn't know what an unconditional surrender was either :v:
[/quote]

that is not fair Umar. i knew what an unconditional surrender was. :(

[quote name='Iamrecognized' date='01 April 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1270100703' post='2243326']
[/quote]
So ask the horse it's self then. If you can get any coherent answer then by all means enlighten us.