Ok, admit it, you spent the last few weeks watching Olympic Curling

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikis : The most reliabe source of information since rumours.

Seriously, there was enough pointers to raise question marks about this raid, it would have taken say.. 30 seconds to ask echelon?. You chose to ignore them and attack anyway and then refuse to pay even 25% of the damage that was done. Awesome.

[quote name='Earogema' date='09 March 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1268188585' post='2220309']
If you merge, you disband that AA. The two aren't that hard to join together. I don't get why anybody would have issue with that.
[/quote]
It's not really an issue, I just tend to associate disbandment with the complete destruction of an alliance, whereas merging is incorporating one alliance into another. Nitpicking/varying definitions, I guess. Whatev'z.

[quote]However, yes, I think both are at least, slightly wrong in this issue. But my MDoAP with PC is obligated defense. So be it.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure there'll be arguments as to whether PC is the aggressor or defender here, but I don't really feel like getting into that right now =\

[quote name='Koniac' date='09 March 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1268189115' post='2220330']
It's not really an issue, I just tend to associate disbandment with the complete destruction of an alliance, whereas merging is incorporating one alliance into another. Nitpicking/varying definitions, I guess. Whatev'z.

I'm sure there'll be arguments as to whether PC is the aggressor or defender here, but I don't really feel like getting into that right now =\
[/quote]
So I'll use the oA clause. We will be fighting along side PC.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Tromp' date='09 March 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1268188998' post='2220324']
Actually, your reply to my comment wasn't relevant at all.
You're reaching, so very, very far.

But fine, I think I can enjoy that villain image you're trying to portray me as. Even though FOK isn't demanding anything from TORN, am I a bad villain now? D:
[/quote]
TORN isn't the only alliance in the game, you know. I get told I'm irrelevant so often that it is amazing I need to point this out.

Your threats to Echelon are silly. Their situation is "noted", what in all hell does that even mean? Going to wait a few months and roll them? Upping the tech % you'll take if Echelon acts on their treaty?

[quote name='Earogema' date='10 March 2010 - 02:36 AM' timestamp='1268188904' post='2220318']
They came into #rok for the sake of causing trouble. It was obvious and it was one of the most undiplomatic things to do.
[/quote]

Caffine amsg'ed the logs into many channels, nor is RoK the alliance Echelon is at issue with here, not even a direct ally. Hardly undiplomatic thing to do.

So PC thinks they're not at fault for being incompetent tech raiders, and try to play it off as being cool kids who don't care. You know, that angle worked when \m/ did it and brought half of the cyberverse at war, but now it just makes you guys look like that guy who leeches off of an old joke. Nobody likes that guy.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='09 March 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1268189251' post='2220338']
Caffine amsg'ed the logs into many channels, nor is RoK the alliance Echelon is at issue with here, not even a direct ally. Hardly undiplomatic thing to do.
[/quote]
So then why did they ask Rok to stay out if \m/ came in? Come off it. It was undiplomatic. If I went into NADC's channel and told you not to defend Echelon there would be a problem.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='bigwoody' date='10 March 2010 - 03:41 AM' timestamp='1268189223' post='2220334']
TORN isn't the only alliance in the game, you know. I get told I'm irrelevant so often that it is amazing I need to point this out.

Your threats to Echelon are silly. Their situation is "noted", what in all hell does that even mean? Going to wait a few months and roll them? Upping the tech % you'll take if Echelon acts on their treaty?
[/quote]
Yeah, TORN was an example, I'm sure it wasn't that hard to comprehend.

I have made FOKs position clear, and that's all that was needed for me to do in this thread. Have fun continuing debating this non-issue.

[quote name='Earogema' date='09 March 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1268189363' post='2220343']
So then why did they ask Rok to stay out if \m/ came in? Come off it. It was undiplomatic. If I went into NADC's channel and told you not to defend Echelon there would be a problem.
[/quote]

Why in God's name would we say something like that? It's idiotic. I'd like to see the logs backing up where we said that.

[quote name='Caffine1' date='09 March 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1268189717' post='2220357']
Why in God's name would we say something like that? It's idiotic. I'd like to see the logs backing up where we said that.
[/quote]
Tbh, just being in that channel and saying some of the things you said was idiotic in the first place. I'm sure you realize this now in retrospect since nothing was achieved that night.

[quote name='Earogema' date='09 March 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1268189822' post='2220361']
Tbh, just being in that channel and saying some of the things you said was idiotic in the first place. I'm sure you realize this now in retrospect since nothing was achieved that night.
[/quote]

So you lied, and can't back up your claim.

[quote name='AirMe' date='09 March 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1268186812' post='2220240']
SBA protectorate has been clearly listed on the Echelon wiki since it was signed. This is why you look before you leap so you don't land in a steaming pile of dog poo.
[/quote]

Of course, by the same token, the SBA is stricken out of the commonwealth on the commonwealth wiki. This is why you should keep your own house in order. Its what IA people are for, to prevent nonsense like this.

If SBA was protected, fine. PC however, with the SBA page saying they merged. A former SBA member saying they had disbanded, the SBA forums being a vast collection of tumbleweeds, and Echelons own Commonwealth wiki having them stricken out..... I can see where they reached their realization. The question is...how far should someone go to verify. There are 2 answers to this.... if you side against the raider...they never went far enough. If you side with the raider, they adequately covered their bases. Everyone is free to make their own decisions, but to suggest that Echelons protection of SBA was CLEAR based on the complete Wiki picture, is patently false.

[quote name='Caffine1' date='09 March 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1268189973' post='2220364']
So you lied, and can't back up your claim.
[/quote]
Well I don't save logs, but I recall Hoo saying repeatedly that Rok would be defending \m/ if \m/ came in for PC. That's all I got. If you didn't come in there for any other purpose than antagonizing Rok, then yes, I lied, but you're even stupider than I figured.

[quote name='Proko' date='10 March 2010 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1268183865' post='2220111']
yo PC, according to the Wiki all of your treaties are canceled. I am not going to ask you to verify whether this is true.
[/quote]
no need to verify, just attack us now, we dont mind promise.

For those claiming that bios had protected, its been a 1 week, there is no proof it had that in their bios at the time of the raid, none of my guys can recall them having it in their bios aswell.
The wiki wasn't edited between October '09 until the day of the raid, coincidence much?
Another question is that, why havent we witnessed a single SBA in the last 10days or so? not on IRC or these forums.

[quote name='Killer Monkey land' date='10 March 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1268190212' post='2220375']
So this is the new era of CN we can expect with the "New Hegemony" in charge?
[/quote]

Boy howdy I sure do love to see people cracking the same joke for months! Epic lulz IMO!!!

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='09 March 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1268190252' post='2220378']
Cease speaking and get back to work, peon.
[/quote]
And where's my lemonade?!? I asked for it an hour ago!

[quote name='Earogema' date='09 March 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1268190192' post='2220373']
Well I don't save logs, but I recall Hoo saying repeatedly that Rok would be defending \m/ if \m/ came in for PC. That's all I got. If you didn't come in there for any other purpose than antagonizing Rok, then yes, I lied, but you're even stupider than I figured.
[/quote]

Alright, so you made a ridiculous claim against Echelon, we called you out on it, you admitted you lied, and we're the stupid ones?

[quote name='mushi' date='09 March 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1268190329' post='2220383']
no need to verify, just attack us now, we dont mind promise.

For those claiming that bios had protected, its been a 1 week, there is no proof it had that in their bios at the time of the raid, none of my guys can recall them having it in their bios aswell.
The wiki wasn't edited between October '09 until the day of the raid, coincidence much?
Another question is that, why havent we witnessed a single SBA in the last 10days or so? not on IRC or these forums.
[/quote]

Mushi, read the entire thread, you're showing your ignorance. The edit was made in February by Lol pie.

Edited by Caffine1