Ok, admit it, you spent the last few weeks watching Olympic Curling

[quote name='Caffine1' date='09 March 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1268190458' post='2220390']
Alright, so you made a ridiculous claim against Echelon, we called you out on it, you admitted you lied, and we're the stupid ones?
[/quote]
It was hardly ridiculous. I was in and out in #rok doing various things and I noticed various posts by Hoo referring to them defending \m/ and other members backing up that sentiment. I'm sure logs will show that, I merely do not log anything.

And yes, even if I were an idiot, it would not exempt you from being just as foolish as I am. Certainly you can prove I'm a fool, but that just means I'm a fool. It doesn't make you smart. \m/ may aggravate a lot of people, but ever since our own FA blunder, I have never had any such terrible and classless things happen since.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Caffine1' date='09 March 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1268189973' post='2220364']
So you lied, and can't back up your claim.
[/quote]
Calm down there.

The facts are this: PC raided someone they thought was a disbanded alliance. Echelon has evidence supporting they not, indeed, a disbanded alliance.

The mistake for this is Echelon's. You should take the offer of accepting peace and be done with it.

You have already been told you will not be getting reps from PC. If you attack PC over this, you will have more than just PC to deal with.

Here is how it is... A few pc nations found a small alliance to raid, its what we do. The first thing a raider ever checks is a nation's bios. While I might not have been a part of the raid, my brethren who did participate in the raid are experienced raiders and I would not doubt whatsoever that the first thing they did before checking the Wikia or any other sources was every bio. I would say with the utmost certainty that there was no mention of protection in any bio until the raids occurred. As offered in the many screenies provided, the wikia also lacked all connection to Echelon. UNTIL after the raids (changed by a Echelon minion) < which is SHENANIGANS

When I was ruler of FoB, three echelon nations went rogue on us due to our raiding a NON-aligned nation. During the entire process the rogue nations aided echelon nations as they attacked FoB, these nations were 40k ns, 37k ns, and 25k ns... Echelon had valhalla and baps come in on negotiations and stiff armed FoB into accepting 3mil/50 tech for every nation attacked and immediately allowed the rogues back under their protection, to keep us from ZIing the rogues. Thats right, for the hundreds of millions of dollars of our nations they destroyed we were graciously forced to take a collective 9/150. Echelon are cowards and hypocrites! (note, this was all before FoB singed a protectorate with MK. Though we had over 50 nations and were signed with TI, umc and =we= at the time)

In any event, I cant speak for PC but, I personally wont pay a damn cent to echelon or any poor alliance caught under its pathetic net of protection. I do offer my sincere apology to SBA, not for our raid, but for being tied to a joke of an alliance like Echelon. If they (Echelon) had any integrity at all, they would cover all damages to their protectorate due to their mistake and incompetence!

The inconsistencies and shenanigans pulled on the wikia and during conversations by Echelon have left a foul taste in my mouth. We will not be dooped! We are more then willing to accept and apologize when we are wrong. While we are also willing to stand up when someone is trying to wrong us.

If Echelon has any problems with this... boom boom party starter!

[quote name='Mamazlilmistake' date='09 March 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1268191046' post='2220412']
Here is how it is... A few pc nations found a small alliance to raid, its what we do. The first thing a raider ever checks is a nation's bios. While I might not have been a part of the raid, my brethren who did participate in the raid are experienced raiders and I would not doubt whatsoever that the first thing they did before checking the Wikia or any other sources was every bio. I would say with the utmost certainty that there was no mention of protection in any bio until the raids occurred. As offered in the many screenies provided, the wikia also lacked all connection to Echelon. UNTIL after the raids (changed by a Echelon minion) < which is SHENANIGANS

When I was ruler of FoB, three echelon nations went rogue on us due to our raiding a NON-aligned nation. During the entire process the rogue nations aided echelon nations as they attacked FoB, these nations were 40k ns, 37k ns, and 25k ns... Echelon had valhalla and baps come in on negotiations and stiff armed FoB into accepting 3mil/50 tech for every nation attacked and immediately allowed the rogues back under their protection, to keep us from ZIing the rogues. Thats right, for the hundreds of millions of dollars of our nations they destroyed we were graciously forced to take a collective 9/150. Echelon are cowards and hypocrites! (note, this was all before FoB singed a protectorate with MK. Though we had over 50 nations and were signed with TI, umc and =we= at the time)

In any event, I cant speak for PC but, I personally wont pay a damn cent to echelon or any poor alliance caught under its pathetic net of protection. I do offer my sincere apology to SBA, not for our raid, but for being tied to a joke of an alliance like Echelon. If they (Echelon) had any integrity at all, they would cover all damages to their protectorate due to their mistake and incompetence!

The inconsistencies and shenanigans pulled on the wikia and during conversations by Echelon have left a foul taste in my mouth. We will not be dooped! We are more then willing to accept and apologize when we are wrong. While we are also willing to stand up when someone is trying to wrong us.

If Echelon has any problems with this... boom boom party starter!
[/quote]
I was under the impression that PC didn't use bios as sources of information. Also I would once again ask you to actually read the OP.

Edited by Caffine1

[quote name='Killer Monkey land' date='09 March 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1268191241' post='2220415']
You are such a great leader and role model, I am sure you will take /m/ far.
[/quote]
Chief has no spine. That is not possible.

[quote name='Killer Monkey land' date='09 March 2010 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1268191241' post='2220415']
You are such a great leader and role model, I am sure you will take /m/ far.
[/quote]
Unfortunately he is not \m/ gov, but just for this I'll appoint him to the newly formed \m/ position of "Role Model" :D

[quote name='Caffine1' date='10 March 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1268190570' post='2220394']
Mushi, read the entire thread, you're showing your ignorance. The edit was made in February by Lol pie.
[/quote]
doesnt answer this question?
[quote name='mushi' date='10 March 2010 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1268190329' post='2220383']
Another question is that, why havent we witnessed a single SBA in the last 10days or so? not on IRC or these forums.
[/quote]

[quote name='Caffine1' date='10 March 2010 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1268191212' post='2220413']
I was under the impression that PC didn't use bios as sources of information.
[/quote]
What makes you that impression?

[quote name='Caffine1' date='09 March 2010 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1268191212' post='2220413']
I was under the impression that PC didn't use bios as sources of information.
[/quote]
I was under the impression Echelon knew what the word "no" meant. As in "no you are not getting reparations".

[quote name='mushi' date='09 March 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1268191369' post='2220424']
doesnt answer this question?

What makes you that impression?
[/quote]

An alliance's activity means absolutely nothing when it comes to if they are being protected or not. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

And to answer your other question, see this thread.

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='09 March 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1268187380' post='2220263']
How very interesting. I guess I'll do the normal ally thing and say to Poison Clan that we will be there for you should this situation blow up.
[/quote]

No need to rush. You've got 6 months to prepare.

Ive seen a few people so far say "well if the tables were turned" or "if it were RoK" things would be different. Well, yes, youre right. "if the tables were turned" or "if it were RoK" they would be doing what they signed up to do and protect their protectorate. And this thread wouldnt have been a plea to the OWF to try to rally support, but a DoW . So Echelon, do what you signed up to do, or go home

[quote name='Newhotness' date='09 March 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1268193188' post='2220477']
Ive seen a few people so far say "well if the tables were turned" or "if it were RoK" things would be different. Well, yes, youre right. "if the tables were turned" or "if it were RoK" they would be doing what they signed up to do and protect their protectorate. And this thread wouldnt have been a plea to the OWF to try to rally support, but a DoW . So Echelon, do what you signed up to do, or go home
[/quote]

Translation: We raided SBA for the 3rd time because we know Echelon doesn't have the political capital to back it up. Especially when our allies turn a blind eye to our lack of intelligence.

What a stupid misunderstanding.

I think PC did a sufficient amount to check up on their raid. The wiki is the most accessible source of information (OOC: and to those of you who are making the comment about wikipedia being unreliable, recall that the CN wiki is CN's only historical . . . thingy). It's a little bit ridiculous to suggest that PC should have checked Echelon's boards if they were unaware that Echelon was SBA's protector. It's also a bit ridiculous to demand any more than symbolic token reps, because tying up aid slots at 5-6k infra does little more than damage tech input. Even with a mere 4.3k infra right now, having 18M dropped on me wouldn't do much at all.
I also think that Echelon's display of brinkmanship is nothing but foolish, because the mantra of "do something about it", though I do find it to be mindless chest-thumping, does have real meaning in this world. It's little but a display of weakness to threaten war then go ahead with an announcement.

That being said, my allies at PC ought to learn already that attacking an AA, disbanded or not, hasn't been a great course of action as of late. Assuming that Echelon is telling the truth, and many of the bios said that they were a protectorate, PC could have easily gone into Echelon's channel and asked a quick question.

This, like everything that seems to have happened on Bob in these past few months, is a result of a situation that could have been avoided. Echelon, realize that you truly cannot afford a war with PC and try to find a reasonable end. PC, realize that Echelon can't exactly budge much at this point without losing a lot of face, and let's face the facts, they don't have much political capital to begin with. Now, while I love war, and if this does lead to war, I plan on fighting, I truly hope it doesn't. We've had plenty of stupid wars for stupid reasons lately. Let's not have another.

If this does go to war, though, I'll be seeing you on the other side of the battlefield, Echelon.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='09 March 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1268192631' post='2220471']
I very much doubt it.
[/quote]

If it ends up being our problem, I'll be less than amused because this is [i]quite[/i] stupid.

But for now, kicking back and watching people argue in circles sounds like a fun way to pass the time.

[quote name='AirMe' date='09 March 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1268193309' post='2220478']
Translation: We raided SBA for the 3rd time because we know Echelon doesn't have the political capital to back it up. Especially when our allies turn a blind eye to our lack of intelligence.
[/quote]
im not getting into the "who is right and wrong" argument because so many others are. my point was quite clear. theres really no need to translate. If i need you to translate things for me ill let you know

[quote name='AirMe' date='09 March 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1268193309' post='2220478']
[/quote]
Not turning a blind eye. Supporting.