Accepting the Consequenses of War

TonytheTiger

When faced with back breaking reps vs continuation of conflict  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree that reps weren't high enough. TOP should have to pay 800k direct tech and 60bil in reps for their horrible crimes against humanity. We need to teach such thuggish alliances that their actions will not be permitted in this new CN. They must be harshly punished and I would be happy to see them disband.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone think reparations can be completed with 100% efficiency? It doesn't happen. It also takes aid slots to get people out of bill-lock, up to an infra they can afford reps at, or whatever. I'm sure any alliance fighting this war has it's share of bill-locked people, TOP included. These people will have to be aided so that even hypothetically you can reach 100% efficiency. Again, yeah right.

If the tables were turned, you would not being saying you could do that and be running the maths at 100% efficiency. You'd be running it at something like 50-65%. Don't assume any alliance can pay at 100%, unless they have something like under 5 members. Be realistic. 500k tech will not take 2 months. It would take probably twice as long as that.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='12 March 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1268444889' post='2223864']
Why does everyone think reparations can be completed with 100% efficiency? It doesn't happen. It also takes aid slots to get people out of bill-lock, up to an infra they can afford reps at, or whatever. I'm sure any alliance fighting this war has it's share of bill-locked people, TOP included. These people will have to be aided so that even hypothetically you can reach 100% efficiency. Again, yeah right.

If the tables were turned, you would not being saying you could do that and be running the maths at 100% efficiency. You'd be running it at something like 50-65%. Don't assume any alliance can pay at 100%, unless they have something like under 5 members. Be realistic. 500k tech will not take 2 months. It would take probably twice as long as that.
[/quote]
You forgot activity as well. :)

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='12 March 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1268443521' post='2223837']
I agree that reps weren't high enough. TOP should have to pay 800k direct tech and 60bil in reps for their horrible crimes against humanity. We need to teach such thuggish alliances that their actions will not be permitted in this new CN. They must be harshly punished and I would be happy to see them disband.
[/quote]
Finally, someone sees reason!

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='12 March 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1268443521' post='2223837']
[/quote]

Yes! By why stop at TOP?! Anyone allied to these fools are clearly to stupid or too bloodthirsty to play this game of benign intellectuals. We should not have to suffer their presence on these boards anymore! I would like to see the lot of them gone.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='12 March 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1268450843' post='2223952']
Yes! By why stop at TOP?! Anyone allied to these fools are clearly to stupid or too bloodthirsty to play this game of benign intellectuals. We should not have to suffer their presence on these boards anymore! I would like to see the lot of them gone.
[/quote]
I heard that TORN can move BILLIONS of dollars. I'd suggest making them pay you an ungodly amount of money before tossing them out.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='12 March 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1268444889' post='2223864']

[/quote]

Ignorance and/or malice, mostly.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='12 March 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1268452574' post='2223988']
I heard that TORN can move BILLIONS of dollars. I'd suggest making them pay you an ungodly amount of money before tossing them out.
[/quote]

Thats the word on the street. Hey if you got it flaunt it. :awesome: I suppose you're right its only fair that our gift be exploited.

Personally I would put a 2 aid cycle grace period on reps agreement before the first payment becomes due to allow for bill locked nations to be saved.

Because I know how much it sucks to be forced to re-roll because of inescapable bill lock and I do not want this to be forced on anyone.

We should extort these scum for all they've got before forcing them to leave the game. They had the audacity to attack CnG, the last bastion of light in CN. A very peaceful bloc of alliances that have always minded their own business and are not even involved in CN politics. A group of alliances that always does the right thing and has never caused any trouble. And what do they get for playing the game so honorably? They get viciously attacked by the evil imperialist baby killers over in TOP/IRON and co. This war is nothing more than a terrorist attack on innocent civilians. I say we have no mercy on these terrorists, they are downright evil to the core and exist only to cause pain to others.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='13 March 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1268491942' post='2224297']
We should extort these scum for all they've got before forcing them to leave the game. They had the audacity to attack CnG, the last bastion of light in CN. A very peaceful bloc of alliances that have always minded their own business and are not even involved in CN politics. A group of alliances that always does the right thing and has never caused any trouble. And what do they get for playing the game so honorably? They get viciously attacked by the evil imperialist baby killers over in TOP/IRON and co. This war is nothing more than a terrorist attack on innocent civilians. I say we have no mercy on these terrorists, they are downright evil to the core and exist only to cause pain to others.
[/quote]

Yawn. Hyperbole creation fail. Again.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='13 March 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1268491942' post='2224297']
[/quote]
I feel you, I too am disgusted by that TIDTT scum.

[/quote]

That's a tad bit high. I think it'd be entirely reasonable to cut this number by 25% or so.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='13 March 2010 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1268492959' post='2224308']
Going by the reps some people want, what I've said is probably pretty close to what they believe.
[/quote]

[quote name='renegade4box' date='13 March 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1268497889' post='2224361']
That's a tad bit high. I think it'd be entirely reasonable to cut this number by 25% or so.
[/quote]

Vlad you are a sage.

The hyperbole is funny but doesn't change the fact that the terms offered are well within reason. You can pout all you want about how you're being driven from the game, but you could have your terms completed in 3-4 months easy, less if you put some effort into it. IRON and TOP will both almost certainly be able to reclaim their sanctions, TOP will still have the highest WRC total in the game (among other records) and have one of the highest average tech ratings (a handful such as Umbrella, Gremlins and OBR will beat them).

The terms offered will weaken you but by no means will they cripple you, and trying to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='13 March 2010 - 05:02 AM' timestamp='1268474841' post='2224232']
Personally I would put a 2 aid cycle grace period on reps agreement before the first payment becomes due to allow for bill locked nations to be saved.

Because I know how much it sucks to be forced to re-roll because of inescapable bill lock and I do not want this to be forced on anyone.
[/quote]

There is no time limit on the terms I saw, so that would be allowed.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='13 March 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1268503815' post='2224446']
The hyperbole is funny but doesn't change the fact that the terms offered are well within reason.
[/quote]

there are several other alliances in the terms besides TOP & IRON. i think some forget that when talking about the reps offered.

[quote name='President Sitruk' date='13 March 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1268507018' post='2224512']
there are several other alliances in the terms besides TOP & IRON. i think some forget that when talking about the reps offered.
[/quote]

DAWN's rep total for instance is absolute insanity for an alliance of their size and structure.

Lol, this is hilarious. TOP and company broke the established rules of warfare for Bob (didn't even try a CB FFS), get stomped, and now that things did not go well they cry foul. What did you expect, cookies? TOP attempted to take CnG out of the picture, and now it backfired. CnG does not want to obliterate TOP, but we do want the enormous tech advantage that they hold over the rest of CN to at least be reduced.

[quote name='greatmagnus' date='13 March 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1268509756' post='2224570']
Lol, this is hilarious. TOP and company broke the established rules of warfare for Bob (didn't even try a CB FFS), get stomped, and now that things did not go well they cry foul. What did you expect, cookies? TOP attempted to take CnG out of the picture, and now it backfired. CnG does not want to obliterate TOP, but we do want the enormous tech advantage that they hold over the rest of CN to at least be reduced.
[/quote]

a perfect example of people forgetting that the "picture" was \m/-Polar, not TOP-CnG. but this isnt the place to discuss that since there's an 80+ page thread in the subforum.

[quote name='President Sitruk' date='13 March 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1268510888' post='2224595']
a perfect example of people forgetting that the "picture" was \m/-Polar, not TOP-CnG. but this isnt the place to discuss that since there's an 80+ page thread in the subforum.
[/quote]
According to the (lack of) CB, the "picture" was anything to do with the game.