Unimportant Announcement

[quote name='janax' date='22 February 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1266852695' post='2197286']
My point was...if the Athens - Ni situation had become a war, I am almost 100% sure Sparta would have fought for Athens. Correct?
Does that mean you are supporting the tech raiding of 40 member alliances, or does it mean you are following a treaty and helping bail out friends who made a bad decision?

Legion was doing the same. Helping out friends who made a bad decision and following a treaty.
[/quote]

I'm also sure if Sparta would've lost this hypothetical war they would take their beating like big boys, serve [i]any[/i] terms, and move on.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a pleasure fighting you, I'd especially like to extent my compliments to Hyperion, damn you were hard to catch offline :D

And also a special thanks to Cyphon for keeping the part of the peacetalks I participate in entertaining. Not that the rest of you were boring, but damn Cyphon was entertaining :D

Oh and hails all around :)

[quote name='magicninja' date='22 February 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1266853048' post='2197293']
I'm also sure if Sparta would've lost this hypothetical war they would take their beating like big boys, serve [i]any[/i] terms, and move on.
[/quote]
Keeping this quote handy.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='22 February 2010 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1266854475' post='2197323']
Keeping this quote handy.
[/quote]

I don't think calling me out for being wrong on an assumption would win you any points. Hell I'm not in Sparta. What the hell do I know? :ehm: If I'm wrong you can point and laugh at me if it would make you feel better.

[quote name='magicninja' date='22 February 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1266855264' post='2197343']
I don't think calling me out for being wrong on an assumption would win you any points. Hell I'm not in Sparta. What the hell do I know? :ehm: If I'm wrong you can point and laugh at me if it would make you feel better.
[/quote]
I'd love to see a reply by Sparta government to this line.

However my guess is they're off trying to do calculations to see if this will put them past MHA for #1 score.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='22 February 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1266855935' post='2197366']

However my guess is they're off trying to do calculations to see if this will put them past MHA for #1 score.
[/quote]

I am not sure if you are implying this, but I can assure you that we don't have any ambitions to be on #1 position.

Regarding the reps, I think it is pretty simple. To make it really short:

1-We offer white peace once. They prefered to not accept. Therefore the next time we would offer peace reps would be included period.

2- Legion is over 300 members. And most of them have a NS lower than 10K (it is a fact no harm intended). Therefore, they are actually in not a bad position to pay the reps. It is really not bad as some people here make it sound.

Of course...there will be people that have nothing else to do try to create a big drama where there is not, and to generate some hate and confusion.

P.S. (addedd) I went at war against 7 Legion opponents in 2 weeks. I would like to thank all of them for their fight and wish them good luck.

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='Haflinger' date='22 February 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1266855935' post='2197366']

[/quote]

Haf, I don't see why this is called for.

Sparta is one of the only big AA's I've seen doing mass ghost-busting of their AA. They've done these purges twice actually, both times dropped them either out of first or even further out of the overall #1 alliance race (not to say that size = political weight) If you can prove me wrong with others, so be it. But they have been anything but ambitious to take #1 over with the recent vacancy of TOP.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='22 February 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1266858535' post='2197438']
Haf, I don't see why this is called for.

Sparta is one of the only big AA's I've seen doing mass ghost-busting of their AA. They've done these purges twice actually, both times dropped them either out of first or even further out of the overall #1 alliance race (not to say that size = political weight) If you can prove me wrong with others, so be it. But they have been anything but ambitious to take #1 over with the recent vacancy of TOP.
[/quote]

You are right. We have had discussions about ranking in our Alliance. So this is why I am so confortable to say that to be between #3 and #6 will be fine with most of us. Some alliances play to "win" the game and to be the most powerful and influential. Thats not our case.

[quote name='magicninja' date='22 February 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1266855264' post='2197343']
[/quote]

Actually, if I had to make a prediction about an alliance taking a future beating horribly, falling apart and pissing their pants, Sparta would be near the top of my list.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='22 February 2010 - 04:39 AM' timestamp='1266835193' post='2197064']
Funny, I seem to recall Karma being involved with me at my first time running an alliance during a major conflict and me moreso asking my allies and friends what about reps and that if some of them wanted reps then we should get them...

Funny, you were somehow FORCING my decision even though you were not even a member of my alliance. I found that the best part, just because you are a leader of some war coalition doesn't give you the right to make my decision for me before I've even had the time to think about anything.

You coming in here posting about the past in this manner trying to make me look bad is pathetic at best. I invite you to find out the truth in all this manner. Maybe then you'll still be just as interested to act like you're the owner of everything that is Bob. That's where my issue stems with you and always have, you have some sort of self entitlement to being better than everyone else. Get off your high horse.

Also, I'm sick of this stupid arguing, Thrawn, if they don't agree then they never likely will. Just like we don't agreement with some of the situations at hand.

Give me a war with someone else next time, I was prepared to go white peace every single second of this war up until the point that this thing went supernova over denying it to stay in and I told them our offer was over (this was not day one, it was at the tail end of the first round of everyone war)

I don't care if you guys don't like how I did things this time, none of you apparently know me who instantly throw me under the bus and I'm used to that.

All I know is that this new CN world is getting better and better as people like LM stop holding so much power who think that they can play the game in control of everyone like we're little puppets on their strings. I quite enjoy my allies now who at least respect me enough not to try stunts like that, there is a reason so many people dislike you LM, I found out I'm not the only one who has issues with how you conduct things and you coming in here bringing up my actions as a rookie leader in which I ultimately did nothing wrong is amusing.

I invite everyone here to take me up on my offer of talking privately, because if you had any shred of decency in you then you'd be capable of debating this in private with me rather than taking shots from the safety and comfort of your world podium here and knowing no matter what I say there will be the mindless masses who come in that don't care what the topic is about and they will decry the situation as unfair or will hail the situation as a victory for someone. Get a clue.
[/quote]

You like to use the word funny....

Sadly, it was your first time running an alliance. Sadly you tried your hand at extortion.

Then I pointed this out to you, told you not to do it etc.

Did you listen? Yes. Did you feel as though I forced you to do it? Probably. Yet another micro-alliance complaining of being forced to do something right instead of something idiotic (insert MOON's desire to ask for 600 mil in reps for a 2 day non-conventional war, I believe it was ACF also wanting to go in on NPO after 17 alliances were already there, plenty of other micro alliances thinking they deserved reps for declaring war but not having any actual wars).

Fact remains, as you so aptly pointed out, I wasn't a member of your alliance, and you did not have to listen to me. Did you? Yes. Should you have done so at that point in time? Yes. As a leader of a wartime coalition, all anyone can do is offer up suggestions. Considering most people listened to me at that time and we won the war, I'd say it went over quite well. If you weren't thinking about a post-war situation, I can only lay that problem as your own.

I truly do not believe I am entitled to anything, and I'd say a lot of Bob would agree to that. I present things as I see them, and avoid the diplotalk BS. I felt the need to bring up your history here as this I can only assume is your decision to ask for reps of Legion with yet again minimal engagement, is similar to your past actions. Since there is a correlation, and trend of asking for bogus reps here I enjoy bringing it up. I chalked the first one up to you being a new alliance leader (another reason why people should stop making micro-alliances and learn how to actually run an alliance right before taking one on) and not having the experience to deal with a post-war situation. This situation here shows that it is just the nature of your self, that you are vindictive and are no better then those you fought during Karma at your allies behest.

If people dislike me, they are as always welcome to bring their issues to me and I will be glad to discuss any issues they have and at the very least, agree to disagree. I like to think I've garnered a reputation as being well-liked though of course I've stepped on the toes of people here and there. And even if I'm not well-liked I can stand to be respected. You sir, receive neither from me.

I did offer to take it up privately, Thrawn didn't contact me, and I'm too lazy to bother contacting him. At times, privacy isn't the best way to go about things. Since my attempts here are to make you see that you're acting like a rookie alliance leader (again) and at least hoping you realize this, realize the mistake you've made and at least decide to waive reps at your own personal PR bonus. If not, then at the very least, people see you as an opportunist in two conflicts now one of which you are a self-admitted rookie alliance leader that had no clue what he was doing, and then later acts the exact same way in which case we'd hope you'd seen personal growth.

Alas, it is from this podium that the future is decided. We saw it with NPO and Karma. I will of course not debase you so much to believe that you are capable of the past atrocities of NPO, but extortion was their strong suit....

As a side note, o/ MK (I have taken a lesson from you all and found that sometimes this is a lot of fun).

Edited by LiquidMercury

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='22 February 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1266859227' post='2197458']
Actually, if I had to make a prediction about an alliance taking a future beating horribly, falling apart and pissing their pants, Sparta would be near the top of my list.
[/quote]

This type of attitude is typical from NSO. It is not a surprise that most people dislike you. It is interesting to see that the same can not be said about Moldavi. His recently posts have been logical and cordial. I wish NSO members looked more like him.

So are you telling me what happened here is a few Legion members insulted a Sparta member's mother, so Sparta decided to punish them with reps? Stupid 12 year old jokes and punishing OOC offences with IC measures. Guess this issue does nothing but highlight how pathetic both of these alliances really are.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='22 February 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1266863530' post='2197558']
So are you telling me what happened here is a few Legion members insulted a Sparta member's mother, so Sparta decided to punish them with reps? Stupid 12 year old jokes and punishing OOC offences with IC measures. Guess this issue does nothing but highlight how pathetic both of these alliances really are.
[/quote]
Nope, that's not what we're telling you at all. The reasons for reps are many.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=81382&st=260&p=2196415&#entry2196415

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='22 February 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1266863530' post='2197558']
[/quote]

Try to read everything again. If you still cant get it, maybe I can try some pictures...

[quote name='King Louis the II' date='22 February 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1266862639' post='2197542']
This type of attitude is typical from NSO. It is not a surprise that most people dislike you. It is interesting to see that the same can not be said about Moldavi. His recently posts have been logical and cordial. I wish NSO members looked more like him.
[/quote]

Ivan Moldavi would probably tell you the same thing. We just have no interest in you liking us. War profiteers and turncoats are not people we are fond of.

[quote]I felt the need to bring up your history here as this I can only assume is your decision to ask for reps of Legion with yet again minimal engagement, is similar to your past actions.[/quote]

I dont want to stick my head into this thing you two have going at the moment, as I wasn't present for it and can't really talk about your past.

But this thread (http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80347) indicates that Asgaard were perhaps one of the most fully engaged alliances in this war (kudos again for that Asgaard, and it's probably in part as to why Legion have made comments respecting your fighting power). Even if that doesn't translate into the same impact as TOP getting that kind engagement ratio, to say they asked for reps with minimal engagement is definetly an assumption on your part, and wrong. (So tempted to make the $@! out of u and me comment, but this isn't a particularly Trolly post).

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='22 February 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1266865118' post='2197593']
Ivan Moldavi would probably tell you the same thing. We just have no interest in you liking us. War profiteers and turncoats are not people we are fond of.
[/quote]

To say that you disagree and that you are not fond of this or that is surely classier than your previous post.

We can disagree and and even dislike each other with class. \

[quote name='King Louis the II' date='22 February 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1266865530' post='2197607']
To say that you disagree and that you are not fond of this or that is surely classier than your previous post.

We can disagree and and even dislike each other with class. \
[/quote]

I do not address all people that oppose me with the same demeanor. Your alliance deserves no better, others do.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='22 February 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1266865643' post='2197612']
I do not address all people that oppose me with the same demeanor. Your alliance deserves no better, others do.
[/quote]

You have the rigth to do so.

By the way, take a look at Ivan Moldavi post on this thread.

[quote name='Cyphon88' date='22 February 2010 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1266865163' post='2197596']
I dont want to stick my head into this thing you two have going at the moment, as I wasn't present for it and can't really talk about your past.

But this thread (http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80347) indicates that Asgaard were perhaps one of the most fully engaged alliances in this war (kudos again for that Asgaard, and it's probably in part as to why Legion have made comments respecting your fighting power). Even if that doesn't translate into the same impact as TOP getting that kind engagement ratio, to say they asked for reps with minimal engagement is definetly an assumption on your part, and wrong. (So tempted to make the $@! out of u and me comment, but this isn't a particularly Trolly post).
[/quote]

As said, my definition and your definition of engaged would differ. And from personal choice even if I had 6 wars/member I'd still ask/give white peace regardless of what side I was on. But alas, that is me wanting things to evolve in the future and not devolve into the past.

Edited by LiquidMercury