Joint Statement

Canik

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='18 February 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1266480043' post='2189298']
We're not asking... we're giving! Hail our generosity! :)

Also, I like that you think they would be paying out the $@!. To use the line CnG has been using "I wasn't aware you had access to TOP/TORN/IRON/DAWN government channels!"
[/quote]
Well, they were a big enough threat to you that you guys attacked them without justification.

So why would you let them walk away?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bigwoody' date='18 February 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1266480877' post='2189342']
False. We entered as a part of a larger global war, and we don't believe in asking for reps. We don't operate like you.
[/quote]

When did you decide you didn't believe in asking for reps? You have a history of receiving reps from defeated alliances in your past aggressive actions.

Basically, we $%&@ed up guys, now will you please peace out before we get completely mauled?

I think most of those alliances have the same offer open to them from the other side, with obvious exceptions.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='bigwoody' date='18 February 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1266480877' post='2189342']
False. We entered as a part of a larger global war, and we don't believe in asking for reps. We don't operate like you.
[/quote]
In every single war where the enemy of TORN were not disbanded, or where TORN lost, TORN received reps. The only thing I will grant was that these reps weren't very large or crippling. However to say you don't believe in asking for reps is a flat out lie.

The only alliance you've defeated where reps were not offered and that didn't disband was MK.

EDIT: Oh and I guess recently Nexus. Though that's a tough one to call.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Starfox101' date='18 February 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1266481331' post='2189360']
Well, they were a big enough threat to you that you guys attacked them without justification.
[/quote]

Are you saying CnG was not going to honor the treaties of the allies involved in war?.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Scorbolt' date='18 February 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1266481346' post='2189362']
When did you decide you didn't believe in asking for reps? You have a history of receiving reps from defeated alliances in your past aggressive actions.
[/quote]
Maybe they changed after learning their lesson in the Karma War, unlike you guys who are repeating their old mistakes.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='18 February 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1266481331' post='2189360']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]They're losing now. Ain't that obvious. Although to be honest not even I anticipated them resorted to such a pathetic attempt to obtain peace. Really, no pride at all.[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='18 February 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1266481485' post='2189368']
Maybe they changed after learning their lesson in the Karma War, unlike you guys who are repeating their old mistakes.
[/quote]

Good point. None of the dramas have actually originated from Ex-Heg alliances post-war.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Methrage' date='18 February 2010 - 03:24 AM' timestamp='1266481485' post='2189368']
[/quote]
Actually, TORN has a history of not accepting reparations, or being basically forced into it.

NoCB war, TORN demanded 2k tech from GR I believe, and then two days later, without any asking on our part told us we didn't have to pay them it. I don't mean this to come off as an attack on TORN if it somehow did, I respect them greatly for that decision.

In terms of repeating old mistakes, nope. I don't believe anyone ever attacked TORN for no reason, and then TORN requested reps for it. Sorry though.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='18 February 2010 - 03:26 AM' timestamp='1266481606' post='2189372']
Lets count all the dramas post Karma war and see who changed for better and worse :):rolleyes:
[/quote]
I seem to recall a certain poster going "hey, if we post a lot it will make us win the PR war!" in some infamous pastebin logs. Nice to see you think you have changed though.

[quote name='raasaa' date='18 February 2010 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1266478131' post='2189194']
and likwise...if any of the alliances listed in the OP want peace, then they should contact the alliances they are currently engaging.
[/quote]
The alliances listed arent asking for peace they are offering peace to war weary alliances on the other side.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='18 February 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1266481331' post='2189360']

[/quote]

Let me make that statement correct
They were a big enough threat to the successful conclusion of the \m/-Polar coalition war that we attacked them in order to try and knock them out of a war we were extremely confident they would be participating in. Letting them walk away would have made strategic sense given the closeness of the war.

I guess though that doesn't mesh so well with the "oh nooo its a different war with no CB caused by TOP paranoia" theory though. Sorry I'll try to stop having facts get in the way of your reality.

[quote name='Methrage' date='18 February 2010 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1266481485' post='2189368']
[/quote]

That would be a good thing. I'm not exactly sure what 'old mistakes' you are referring to, however, as no alliance I have been a member of has asked for reps for undertaking an aggressive action.

EDIT: Well, seeing Penlugue's post I'm not entirely sure my original question held foundation. TORN has certainly been slated to receive reparations from a number of alliances in the past but I do not know whether or not they extended similar offers to all those alliances as they did GR.

Edited by Scorbolt

[quote name='Scorbolt' date='18 February 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1266481346' post='2189362']
[/quote]
The only alliance we have taken reps from that I can recall was GLOF. After double checking, I believe we took some from CSN as well. The couple other instances where we were due reps by a set of terms we deferred them (Wolfpack) or forgave them outright (GR). Its not something we've been big on in our history, and we were one of the first alliances to make a habit of not taking reps when we started that habit.

So, its safe to say TORN not asking for reps were we to have been victorious this war would not be something out of the ordinary for us.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='18 February 2010 - 03:31 AM' timestamp='1266481872' post='2189382']
The only alliance we have taken reps from that I can recall was GLOF. After double checking, I believe we took some from CSN as well. The couple other instances where we were due reps by a set of terms we deferred them (Wolfpack) or forgave them outright (GR). Its not something we've been big on in our history, and we were one of the first alliances to make a habit of not taking reps when we started that habit.

So, its safe to say TORN not asking for reps were we to have been victorious this war would not be something out of the ordinary for us.
[/quote]
I stated this earlier, and will confirm it. TORN forgave GR our reps and was great about it. If they had asked for reparations had they been victorious this war, I would have been surprised. They understand aggressive acts are aggressive.

MHA's attackers were given the opportunity to white peace and only TUF and GGA took the offer. The rest of you declined, the offer is no longer available. So while I'm not Gov, I'm fairly certain that you've already blown your chance to get out of this scot-free.

[quote name='Alterego' date='18 February 2010 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1266481694' post='2189376']
The alliances listed arent asking for peace they are offering peace to war weary alliances on the other side.
[/quote]

Read what he said, again. He is saying that the same point [i]might[/i] apply to all the alliances listed in the OP.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='18 February 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1266481331' post='2189360']

[/quote]
We attacked them as part of a larger coalition war, not for whatever reasons you like to make up. Our requests in the event of victory (i.e. nothing) would have been scaled appropriately. Arguing from a false premise won't get you any closer to the truth here.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' date='18 February 2010 - 04:29 AM' timestamp='1266481771' post='2189379']
And there goes any shred of dignity the alliances listed in the OP had. Just quit your crying and man-up for the war you started.
[/quote]

To verbally attack and try to demean those that offer peace for the sake of every party involved in an effort to halt the destruction caused by only a few main actors is an unfortunate thing to see.

I find my dignity perfectly intact and nor am I crying about anything. It is a simple proposal to those who may be of a like mind. Many on that list feel the same way as I.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='18 February 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1266481663' post='2189374']
I seem to recall a certain poster going "hey, if we post a lot it will make us win the PR war!" in some infamous pastebin logs. Nice to see you think you have changed though.
[/quote]
Funny that certain person's opinion been taken up by 'This is a seperate war!' fanbois and put into action. Going by the performance, must say it requires more tweaking :/.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='18 February 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1266481587' post='2189371']
[color="#0000FF"]They're losing now. Ain't that obvious. Although to be honest not even I anticipated them resorted to such a pathetic attempt to obtain peace. Really, no pride at all.[/color]
[/quote]
It was clear from the sudden Polar exit just as the the new front of the \m/ polar war was opened that there would be no victory. Offering white peace to anyone on the other side who wants out is something that people like you normally cheer.

[quote name='Working_Class_Ruler' date='18 February 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1266481981' post='2189386']
MHA's attackers were given the opportunity to white peace and only TUF and GGA took the offer. The rest of you declined, the offer is no longer available. So while I'm not Gov, I'm fairly certain that you've already blown your chance to get out of this scot-free.
[/quote]
Ahh, the classic "escalating reps" tactic. So we're back to that era.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='18 February 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1266482040' post='2189390']
I'm glad to see that certain person's opinion been taken up by 'This is a seperate war!' fanbois. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Yes, posting intelligently multiple times as opposed to spamming the area in which we reside is terrible :x

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='18 February 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1266482033' post='2189389']
To verbally attack and try to demean those that offer peace for the sake of every party involved in an effort to halt the destruction caused by only a few main actors is an unfortunate thing to see.

I find my dignity perfectly intact and nor am I crying about anything. It is a simple proposal to those who may be of a like mind. Many on that list feel the same way.
[/quote]
If you won't leave your allies on the field, why would you ask they leave their allies?

Personally, I wouldn't go to an alliance and ask them to surrender. Its quite honestly insulting to leave allies on the battlefield, unless they have told you to get the $%&@ off. Well.. actually it reaches a point where you start to just feel bad, at which point I'd go.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='18 February 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1266482116' post='2189392']
Ahh, the classic "escalating reps" tactic. So we're back to that era.
[/quote]

If MHA in end does take reps for first? time, it would be infact a new era for them. But the tactic indeed from the old era 'everyone fought against'.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' date='18 February 2010 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1266481771' post='2189379']
And there goes any shred of dignity the alliances listed in the OP had. Just quit your crying and man-up for the war you started.
[/quote]
Didnt you chicken out of the last war and grass up your friends like a rat in a cheap gangster movie? Dont talk to anyone about dignity when you had none to begin with.