Joint Statement

Canik

[quote name='Alterego' date='18 February 2010 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1266488018' post='2189480']
Here is a reminder of how you entered the war.
[/quote]
Tongue in cheek. Or did you already forget how this war got started in the first place?

Our decision to [i]defend[/i] FAN isn't in anyway comparable to chaining three times over into a preemptive strike.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Smacky' date='18 February 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1266487029' post='2189468']
They'll learn what happens when you cramp a buccaneer's style.

[img]http://www.maritime-connector.com/Administration/_Upload/LargeImages/pirate-6[1].jpg[/img]
[/quote]

The government runs for Poison Clan? We need an illustration for that. ^_^
[quote]
Tongue in cheek. Or did you already forget how this war got started in the first place?

Our decision to defend FAN isn't in anyway comparable to chaining three times over into a preemptive strike.[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80463"]Cool story, man.[/url]

[quote name='The AUT' date='18 February 2010 - 02:30 AM' timestamp='1266489037' post='2189495']
[/quote]
Your time frame is off. A few buccaneers including a minority of the captains joined Poison Clan to help give a bloody nose to Grub's police state, this was more then a week before FoB was attacked. By the way, weren't you one of the shills insisting we were just ghosting and would be back in FoB as soon as that war was over?

[quote name='The AUT' date='18 February 2010 - 02:30 AM' timestamp='1266489037' post='2189495']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80463"]Cool story, man.[/url]
[/quote]

[quote name='Smacky' date='18 February 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1266488636' post='2189488']
Our decision to [i]defend[/i] FAN isn't in anyway comparable to chaining three times over into a [b]preemptive strike[/b].
[/quote]

Whatever other point you were trying to make died halfway out the birthing canal. Chaining treaties to help defend allies isn't anywhere close to the same thing as what NATO and TFD did to FoB.

[quote name='Smacky' date='18 February 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1266488636' post='2189488']
Tongue in cheek. Or did you already forget how this war got started in the first place?[/quote]
Its only tounge in cheek if you dont act on it. It started when \m/ got hit by polar for various crimes.

[quote]Our decision to [i]defend[/i] FAN isn't in anyway comparable to chaining three times over into a preemptive strike.
[/quote]
They are both equally legitimate under PCs anything goes rules of engagement.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' date='18 February 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1266495580' post='2189542']
They are both equally legitimate under PCs anything goes rules of engagement.
[/quote]

So, let me guess this straight...PC states that they will not be told how to conduct their own alliance, and you equate that to 'anything goes rules of engagement'? I think you need to go back and reread the TwistedRebel quote you yourself quoted.

[quote name='nippy' date='18 February 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1266495818' post='2189543']
So, let me guess this straight...PC states that they will not be told how to conduct their own alliance, and you equate that to 'anything goes rules of engagement'? I think you need to go back and reread the TwistedRebel quote you yourself quoted.
[/quote]
Done and the same conclusion reached.
[quote]we may now attack whoever we want, whenever we want, for whatever reason.[/quote]
We will attack anyone we want, any time we want, regardless if we have a reason or not.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' date='18 February 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1266496305' post='2189550']
Done and the same conclusion reached.

We will attack anyone we want, any time we want, regardless if we have a reason or not.
[/quote]

Good lord, man. Your brain edits things and you don't even realize it. Now attempt to read the WHOLE sentence.

I am prepared to make the following counter-offer, unapproved by my alliance. (But I do have some influence, so hey....they might go along with it):

[size="3"][b]"Nations belonging to alliances currently at war with Nordreich may surrender or continue fighting."*[/b][/size]

Now, you're probably thinking this isn't much of a counter-offer. Oh well. Given the history of Planet Bob, it's much more reasonable than the offer in the OP.

Kudos to the guys who shot first. [u]Very[/u] funny attempt to sway public opinion.

* - This is especially true for [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=293568&Extended=0"]Invicta's Minister of Information and Deputy Minister of War[/url], who is the proud owner of a 25-bomber air force.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='Aeternalis' date='18 February 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1266499233' post='2189586']
well it's a good thing that VA rejected these exact peace terms yesterday.
[/quote]
As I recall, neutrality was a term for our side only. That we can't do.

[quote name='Canik' date='18 February 2010 - 07:19 AM' timestamp='1266477573' post='2189171']
[b]Joint Statement[/b]

In the interest of attempting to bring this destructive war to a quick and satisfactory conclusion for all involved, we (the undersigned alliances) wish to make known our offer of immediate peace for any alliance willing to conclude its wars and declare neutrality for the remainder of the conflict at large.

<--snip-->
[/quote]

So your opponents go neutral and you don't? Seeing as a lot of those fighting you, are doing so in defence of their allies, I can't see this happening. Unless you are all declaring neutrality too.

[quote name='The AUT' date='18 February 2010 - 04:30 AM' timestamp='1266489037' post='2189495']

[/quote]

"The government" that you bring up consisted of one captain and myself. Quite a few buccaneers joined poison clan to fight because it was the right thing to do.

This happened before the FoB was attacked. Suggesting that the members who left ran away to a safe haven is bunk and you know it.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='18 February 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1266495019' post='2189536']
They are a respectable alliance and don't want to smear their good name?
[/quote]

do we?

and yeah... i don't see NEW there... hiks...

and we will out if we think we can't fight anymore...

it is already an honor to fight with RoK, Iunctus, The Corp, ToJ, NNK, Athens, TI...

i respect them!

Edited by Marginali

[quote name='Marginali' date='18 February 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1266503721' post='2189637']
and yeah... i don't see NEW there... hiks...
[/quote]
either you are not significant enough to be on that list....or they think you are not going to offer white peace to the alliances you are fighting. :unsure:

If i were you, i would be happy to be left out though :awesome:

[quote name='Jacques Cousteau' date='18 February 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1266504262' post='2189642']
I think NEW is far too much of a quality alliance to be involved with such a list.
[/quote]

I agree with this, and hopefully their exclusion means they're finally starting to see the kind of people they're dealing with.