Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='16 February 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1266363481' post='2186444']
Only now, piggy, do you see so clearly what I've been saying all along.

Well written...though I did correct a bit of spelling. ;)
[/quote]
Well now Hal, you see its like this, some nations invest in English text books and others in weapons systems. I'm sure you can guess where Merrie Melodies heart lies.

As to seeing clearly, please don't try to lump \m/ with this whole nonsense of sides, the war began with a difference of opinion solely between \m/, our very awesome friends in PC and NpO. Others took it upon themselves to create this present mess.

As to NPO and the present position they are in, it's my opinion that nobody should get away with the "you were just as bad as us" BS anymore. I am having a hard time remembering when an alliance under terms was left unprotected and forced to still supply such a massive quantity of reps.

Will there be anything left of the G15 to protect NPO from a large scale onslaught after this war? Even if the MK side is victorious, the world, them included will still be a smoking crater.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='16 February 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1266364853' post='2186485']
Well now Hal, you see its like this, some nations invest in English text books and others in weapons systems. I'm sure you can guess where Merrie Melodies heart lies.[/quote]

Well see, here in the Haleenstar Republic, our writers are mostly employed putting together training manuals for our complex weapons systems...we also sprang for the software with spell check. :smug:

[quote]As to seeing clearly, please don't try to lump \m/ with this whole nonsense of sides, the war began with a difference of opinion solely between \m/, our very awesome friends in PC and NpO. Others took it upon themselves to create this present mess.[/quote]

Oh your motives for re-joining this party were pretty clear--you felt that you owed a debt to PC. As motives go, it was understandable and in some ways commendable, though clearly and for obvious reasons I would have preferred you hit another target. Valhalla's reasons for being in the war are similarly well grounded. both in terms of the treaty ties with IRON as well as our ties of friendship with them.

[quote]As to NPO and the present position they are in, it's my opinion that nobody should get away with the "you were just as bad as us" BS anymore. I am having a hard time remembering when an alliance under terms was left unprotected and forced to still supply such a massive quantity of reps.[/quote]

None come immediately to mind, but then no alliance so far as I know was held under terms similar to NPO ever before on Planet Bob for so long. Yes, there was the matter of GATO, but that was a ban on specific individuals participating in government that many, many months later NPO used as a CB to attack them.

[quote]Will there be anything left of the G15 to protect NPO from a large scale onslaught after this war? Even if the MK side is victorious, the world, them included will still be a smoking crater.
[/quote]

The world has lost much in this war and so far as I can see, only gained casualties. While Valhalla is absolutely comfortable with that, many people are not. I don't so much think that the question is whether or not there will be anyone who can defend NPO however as it is will there be anyone left capable of attacking them?

Edit: clarity FTW

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='16 February 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1266366336' post='2186525']I don't so much think that the question is whether or not there will be anyone who can defend NPO however as it is will there be anyone left capable of attacking them?[/quote]
The only proper conclusion to this mess of a war is for GPA to rise up and and roll the NPO.

[quote name='Mixoux' date='16 February 2010 - 07:25 AM' timestamp='1266301550' post='2185008']
Yeah, honestly I've never been a fan of using that argument. That's not what bothers me in this case.

I just want to know whether or not we were [i]truly[/i] the only ones to disagree with the suspension. All I've heard so far from my allies is that this wasn't the case, and until that gets cleared up, (or leaders from the respective alliances make an official statement) this thread is just going to continue spiraling back and forth between who is right and who is wrong.
[/quote]

Well sorry for the delay Mix :P

No official statement from us so see this as it, R&R did agree to a suspension of reps until we leave the current conflict. 100% certain since I gave the approval for it myself.

So one down 13 to go :P

[quote name='EgoFreaky' date='16 February 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1266368363' post='2186592']
So one down 13 to go :P
[/quote]

There were a couple of others alliances who made it clear during this thread that they had discussed this with NPO and agreed to the temporary suspensions.

I think it's rather silly to think that NPO talked to nobody, and would post that they had talked to all of those alliances. If it were just something they made up, there would be about 14 or 15 alliance leaders posting in this thread in no time saying "That's absolutely not true".

As it is, the few government officials from those alliances who have posted in the thread have simply confirmed what NPO stated in the OP.

[quote name='AirMe' date='16 February 2010 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1266346289' post='2185884']
GOD doesn't really care about sending the right message. On the same token, this didn't need a public announcement such as this.
[/quote]

To the first: That is painfully obvious.

To the second: By that same train of logic Declarations of War don't need public announcements either.

Whether there is utility to it or not, sometimes you [i]want[/i] to inform as many people as possible; maybe you do it simply for attention, or perhaps for some ulterior purpose.

It's something we all do: it only becomes a problem when it suits our purposes politically.

Edited by Virillus

[quote name='Brandon Simonson' date='16 February 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1266367250' post='2186557']
Perhaps I missed it. Was there ever an apology by GOD leadership for the apparently false accusations that were thrown against NPO? GOD has put on a very poor show today and I'd be sure to rethink any contact with them.

Also, hope you get out from under terms soon NPO.
[/quote]
You won't rethink anything at all about us, you never liked us to begin with.

[quote name='NoFish' date='16 February 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1266371081' post='2186639']
[/quote]

Nope, I don't really like you.

Personally this is the first time I've seen you post NoFish, and I can clearly see you are still bitter about what we did to GPA. Lets see its been 2 years GPA is now strong and steady and they don't have any qualms with it. I really don't get you or GODs relentless need to try push there imaginary weight around, seeing as you guys were 1 of 15 alliances attacking Pacifica during Karma. I wish for you to stand on your own two feet not hide behind the veil of the G15.

[quote name='NoFish' date='17 February 2010 - 03:44 AM' timestamp='1266371081' post='2186639']
[/quote]

It's sort of nice to resort to personally attacking him rather then addressing the interesting point he raised, is it not?

For GOD to waive reparations payments, even temporarily, would be a nice thing for them to do. A charitable favor.

It's the kind of thing a guard might do for a well behaved prisoner, one who does what he is told without complaint, in the hope of easier treatment.

The New Pacific Order is the complete opposite of a "well behaved prisoner". I have never seen such complaining and constant potshots from a prisoner alliance. And in public no less! If nothing else the G15's patience and tolerance in not tearing you all to shreds a dozen times by now is a shining example of how they're a million times more merciful than Pacifica has ever been. You make periodic threads calling out your captors, repeating the same tired insults to anyone who will listen. And then you're surprised when they don't grant you favors!

Reap what you've sown, seriously. And I'm not talking about actions before your surrender, or even before your change of Emperors.

tl;dr if you spit on the guard every time he turns his back, don't expect a recommendation for early parole

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='17 February 2010 - 02:32 AM' timestamp='1266373936' post='2186725']
For GOD to waive reparations payments, even temporarily, would be a nice thing for them to do. A charitable favor.

It's the kind of thing a guard might do for a well behaved prisoner, one who does what he is told without complaint, in the hope of easier treatment.

The New Pacific Order is the complete opposite of a "well behaved prisoner". I have never seen such complaining and constant potshots from a prisoner alliance. And in public no less! If nothing else the G15's patience and tolerance in not tearing you all to shreds a dozen times by now is a shining example of how they're a million times more merciful than Pacifica has ever been. You make periodic threads calling out your captors, repeating the same tired insults to anyone who will listen. And then you're surprised when they don't grant you favors!

Reap what you've sown, seriously. And I'm not talking about actions before your surrender, or even before your change of Emperors.

tl;dr if you spit on the guard every time he turns his back, don't expect a recommendation for early parole
[/quote]

Thanks for ignoring so many posts about how GOD needs to fulfill their part of the TOS(protecting us from rogues). but dont let that get in the way of singing you songs of praises for the G15 ;)

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='silentkiller' date='16 February 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1266374527' post='2186741']
Thanks for ignoring so many posts about how GOD needs to fulfill their part of the TOS(protecting us from rogues). but dont let that get in the way of singing you songs of praises for the G15 ;)
[/quote]

It is impossible to defend against 172 NS "rogues". Pacifica couldn't defend their members from it before, so how can they expect the G15 to do it now?

[quote name='silentkiller' date='17 February 2010 - 02:42 AM' timestamp='1266374527' post='2186741']
[/quote]

The thing is, I remember pretty vividly being a small nation in TPF being asked to handle rogues because they were attacking an alliance under the protection of WUT. So for GOD and a whole host of other alliances to fail at protecting the NPO, there's no excuse. The sheer amount of nations available to do the protecting vs. the number of people in need of protection means that they should be able to place 3 people on a rogue every 7 days without fail, from the day the rogue declared until they're at ZI.

Why they haven't done this, well..

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 February 2010 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1266374742' post='2186746']
It is impossible to defend against 172 NS "rogues". Pacifica couldn't defend their members from it before, so how can they expect the G15 to do it now?
[/quote]
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=95803

I have pointed this nation out many times. and there are 2 more that are within range.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='16 February 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1266374881' post='2186749']
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=95803

I have pointed this nation out many times. and there are 2 more that are within range.
[/quote]

Yeah we're all a little busy right now.

See, this is what happens when you purposely drag your feet, hoping that in the ensuing war your old allies will come out with the upper hand and free you of your terms: you end up having to go without protection for a while and send aid when you don't want to. Your fault for making terms that could have been accomplished in 4 months take 3 times as long (purposely).

[quote name='silentkiller' date='16 February 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1266374527' post='2186741']
[/quote]

I have elaborated in the past how putting a 600 man alliance under anyone's protection is stupid, so I'm not going to argue much about that. You're only currently being attacked by one nation in a significant range. While I'm sure the one guy he's attacking is annoyed it's not exactly a threat to alliance security.

Again, if you want a speedy and friendly response from ANYONE, calling them out on the OWF is not the best way to do it. You have chosen to skip over the entire point of my previous post to address one small issue.

You have chosen this path for yourselves.

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 February 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1266375077' post='2186758']
Yeah we're all a little busy right now.

See, this is what happens when you purposely drag your feet, hoping that in the ensuing war your old allies will come out with the upper hand and free you of your terms: you end up having to go without protection for a while and send aid when you don't want to. Your fault for making terms that could have been accomplished in 4 months take 3 times as long (purposely).
[/quote]

And we don't want to commit an act of war against the opposing coaltion dont see that stopping GOD from asking for reps. If G15(and specifically GOD as they are the ones who want reps in the middle of a war) didnt think they could protect us they shouldnt have signed the terms. As our reps our "compulsory" so is their protection.

[quote name='Timmehhh' date='17 February 2010 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1266375153' post='2186763']
FOK is sorry we can't uphold our obligation to defend NPO against rogues for the time being, due the global war.
When the war is over we will be ready again to deal with the rogues who are attacking NPO.
[/quote]

I dont believe we have any problems with FOK, as you have suspended rep payment during a war, so it is only fair if we consider rogue protection to be suspended from you guys as well due to you being busy in a war. But in GOD's case they want the reps mid war causing us to commit a war act against NpO etc while not providing the protection in return.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='16 February 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1266375291' post='2186768']
And we don't want to commit an act of war against the opposing coaltion dont see that stopping GOD from asking for reps. If G15(and specifically GOD as they are the ones who want reps in the middle of a war) didnt think they could protect us they shouldnt have signed the terms. As our reps our "compulsory" so is their protection.
[/quote]

Unlike the reparations section, the protection section is rather vague. Have any real alliances declared war on you so far? Any coordinated rogue attacks? No? Well sounds to me like you've been protected pretty well.

Also, GOD isn't "asking for reps", that makes it sound as if they've made some kind of change. They haven't. They simply have chosen not to grant you an exemption from the terms.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='16 February 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1266375412' post='2186772']
I dont believe we have any problems with FOK, as you have suspended rep payment during a war, so it is only fair if we consider rogue protection to be suspended from you guys as well due to you being busy in a war. But in GOD's case they want the reps mid war causing us to commit a war act against NpO etc while not providing the protection in return.
[/quote]

If you weren't prepared to deliver reps if there was a war going on, maybe you shouldn't have agreed to terms without an exception for such an eventuality. This level of whining is really ridiculous from an alliance of NPO's historical stature.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='17 February 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1266375592' post='2186778']
[b]Unlike the reparations section, the protection section is rather vague. Have any real alliances declared war on you so far? Any coordinated rogue attacks? No? Well sounds to me like you've been protected pretty well.[/b]

Also, GOD isn't "asking for reps", that makes it sound as if they've made some kind of change. They haven't. They simply have chosen not to grant you an exemption from the terms.
[/quote]

There is obviosuly no point in talking with you if you are going to try and spin the ToS. Have a nice day :)

Edit:

[quote]If you weren't prepared to deliver reps if there was a war going on, maybe you shouldn't have agreed to terms without an exception for such an eventuality. This level of whining is really ridiculous from an alliance of NPO's historical stature.[/quote]

And if GOD was'nt prepared to protect us during a war they they should'nt have signed the terms. Works both ways doesnt it.

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='AirMe' date='16 February 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1266346554' post='2185893']
I'd be more passive and carry about my business until someone came to me and said something and then leave the ball in GOD's court. Any reasonable person would take the beef up with GOD and not blame NPO for complying with terms. But then again, reason seems to be in short supply these days.
[/quote]

:ph34r:

Right. No one would blame the NPO. The NPO has been, and always will be, blamed for almost everything that happens on Planet Bob. If this announcement had not been made, then a thread would have been started by someone on how we violated terms by committing an act of war. As has been said before, the NPO is damned if they do and damned if they don't.