Concerning the War of Aggression against C&G

Archon

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='07 March 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1268005594' post='2217317']
I HAVE 6 FREE AID SLOTS, IT MEANS I'M SAVING THEM FOR REPS. [size="1"]or because y'know doing tech deals right now it's the most practical use of my money.[/size]
[/quote]
Tamerlane does have at least one tech deal on his screen. So that's not his logic either.

I get kinda irritable when I have a slot free. It's the thing I hate most about peace mode, heh.

Anyway if you can't do tech deals during wartime due to lack of cash, you probably should be taking better care of your warchest.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Denial' date='07 March 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1268005602' post='2217318']
It's nice to see Pacifica acknowledge its past mistakes and renounce its former ways. Certainly comforting to have a guarantee that Green or Aqua technology will never again be in Red hands.
[/quote]

*chuckles*

Reparations serve a specific purpose. It's not to increase your own technology levels.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 March 2010 - 09:19 AM' timestamp='1268006029' post='2217328']
Tamerlane does have at least one tech deal on his screen. So that's not his logic either.

I get kinda irritable when I have a slot free. It's the thing I hate most about peace mode, heh.

Anyway if you can't do tech deals during wartime due to lack of cash, you probably should be taking better care of your warchest.
[/quote]
You know, war advice from you might come across as a little more sagely if you weren't sitting in an alliance that surrendered because it could not handle a prolonged conflict.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='07 March 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1268006029' post='2217328']

[/quote]

I take mighty good care of it, but whenever I go downtown some thuggish spies from TOP come and burn a ton of it. :(

[quote name='Cortath' date='08 March 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1268006306' post='2217332']
*chuckles*

Reparations serve a specific purpose. It's not to increase your own technology levels.
[/quote]
Oh, Cortath, teach us about the purposes of reparations! And while you're telling bed time stories, would you mind covering the tale of the Karma War? I always did enjoy that one.

[quote name='Denial' date='07 March 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1268006354' post='2217334']
You know, war advice from you might come across as a little more sagely if you weren't sitting in an alliance that surrendered because it could not handle a prolonged conflict.
[/quote]
That's low. The odds against Invicta were terrible, and they held out as long as they could. (I should know. I fought them.)

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='08 March 2010 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1268006618' post='2217343']
That's low. The odds against Invicta were terrible, and they held out as long as they could. (I should know. I fought them.)
[/quote]
Indeed, they held out as long as they could.

[quote name='Denial' date='07 March 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1268006567' post='2217341']
Oh, Cortath, teach us about the purposes of reparations! And while you're telling bed time stories, would you mind covering the tale of the Karma War? I always did enjoy that one.
[/quote]

I ain't here to teach, and you ain't here to learn.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='07 March 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1268006029' post='2217328']

[/quote]

Or you know, some of us could be following standard convention and not putting tech dealers in harms way by accepting aid while at war with another alliance. I haven't had a tech deal since the BBW because of that reason. But hey, I'm old school like that.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 March 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1268006946' post='2217354']
Let me know how you do the next time you face the same odds.
[/quote]
Heh, you really know very little of having the odds [i]truly[/i] stacked against you, against opponents that weren't so lenient as to grant light peace terms.

Edited by Denial

[quote name='AirMe' date='07 March 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1268007060' post='2217355']
Or you know, some of us could be following standard convention and not putting tech dealers in harms way by accepting aid while at war with another alliance. I haven't had a tech deal since the BBW because of that reason. But hey, I'm old school like that.
[/quote]
Agreed with this concept, good to see.

[quote name='AirMe' date='07 March 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1268007060' post='2217355']
[/quote]
Aren't there any tech dealers in C&G anywhere that are at war with the same alliances you guys are?

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='07 March 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1268007066' post='2217356']
I recall something of Purple vs Vanguard.
[/quote]
lol, not even close to the same odds. Lest we forget, the nuke count was pretty much 1:1 when the war ended.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='07 March 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1268023458' post='2217643']
Aren't there any tech dealers in C&G anywhere that are at war with the same alliances you guys are?
[/quote]

I wouldn't know. I am not in C&G.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='07 March 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1268006344' post='2217333']
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but the terms are ridiculous, and I now have no pity for either side or the damages they may sustain. This war has degraded to a terrible level of pettiness, and I hope a reasonable conclusion can be agreed to by all.
[/quote]

you're absolutely right. if TOP would simply agree to the reasonable sum of 500k tech as reparations, we could conclude this bickering and move on to more important matters.

[quote name='maguko' date='08 March 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1268028794' post='2217722']
you're absolutely right. if TOP would simply agree to the reasonable sum of 500k tech as reparations, we could conclude this bickering and move on to more important matters.
[/quote]

500,000 tech, 50 tech per aid slot. That's 10,000 aid slots.

TOP has around 160 people.

10,000 divided by 160 means 62.5 aid slots each. I think the best TOP could hope for would be 3 months to pay those, which assumes fairly high efficiency (ie, all nations send reps, all have 6 slots, and aid slots get filled soon after going empty.) Four months is more likely, and I could easily see it being more. If TOP had 300 nations, I'd consider this a lot more reasonable. As it stands, it's a pretty tough sell.

NPO's reps (7-12 months) were 350k tech, and $10B cash, as I recall. (With some limitations on who can send the tech designed to stretch out the terms and hurt the nations who had tech.) $10B in tech is 333k. So 350 + 333 = 683k, if it was all tech. Sending money is faster, if you have limited aid slots, because you can send $3M at a time (1 slot) instead of 100 tech using 2 slots. And if you can send $3M and 50 tech at once, you can speed things up.

Those reps for NPO were harsh. But NPO has over 600 nations. Compared to TOP, they have at least 4 times as many aid slots to work with. To me, that looks like a lot of reps.

And, of course, that's just TOP. Then there are reps for IRON, TORN, DAWN, and the others.

[quote name='Baldr' date='08 March 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1268031734' post='2217777']

10,000 divided by 160 means 62.5 aid slots each. I think the best TOP could hope for would be 3 months to pay those, which assumes fairly high efficiency (ie, all nations send reps, all have 6 slots, and aid slots get filled soon after going empty.) Four months is more likely, and I could easily see it being more. If TOP had 300 nations, I'd consider this a lot more reasonable. As it stands, it's a pretty tough sell.

NPO's reps (7-12 months) were 350k tech, and $10B cash, as I recall. (With some limitations on who can send the tech designed to stretch out the terms and hurt the nations who had tech.) $10B in tech is 333k. So 350 + 333 = 683k, if it was all tech. Sending money is faster, if you have limited aid slots, because you can send $3M at a time (1 slot) instead of 100 tech using 2 slots. And if you can send $3M and 50 tech at once, you can speed things up.

Those reps for NPO were harsh. But NPO has over 600 nations. Compared to TOP, they have at least 4 times as many aid slots to work with. To me, that looks like a lot of reps.

And, of course, that's just TOP. Then there are reps for IRON, TORN, DAWN, and the others.
[/quote]

TOP has 225 people. That's 1350 aid packages that they could move every 10 days. They could pay off their portion of the tech that has to come from TOP in 3k aid packages, so in about 30 days. The rest of the 500k they could seed at 3 mil buys 100 tech; that would take 4,500 aid slots. They could pay off 500k tech in reps in 30 + 40 = 70 days. Just over two months. Oh the horror! Given their warchests, the money factor is completely insignificant to them. All we're demanding is 61 days worth of their aid slots. (Note this isn't even what we're demanding, this is the 500k that was previously mentioned.)

[quote name='Baldr' date='08 March 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1268031734' post='2217777']

[/quote]
The 500k was actually split between TOP, IRON, TORN, TSO and DAWN and didn't all need to be sent directly from their nations. I've done the math and TOP's portion can be sent out in less than 50 days as can IRON's.

They should feel lucky that we aren't still pushing for the cool 1M tech like we were initially. If there is much more dispute over the matter, that number might come back around.

Real Talk.â„¢

[quote name='maguko' date='08 March 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1268037260' post='2217838']They should feel lucky that we aren't still pushing for the cool 1M tech like we were initially. If there is much more dispute over the matter, that number might come back around.[/quote]

I've heard talk around the place that it just might, especially after those joke lowball terms (which were really rather insulting). ^_^

[quote name='Voytek' date='08 March 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1268037697' post='2217841']
I've heard talk around the place that it just might, especially after those joke lowball terms (which were really rather insulting). ^_^
[/quote]

Yeah. I'm still not amused, and I know .gov isn't either.