Concerning the War of Aggression against C&G

Archon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 February 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1266291382' post='2184251']
We only have one MADP partner ;)

Forgive me for having a less complicated treaty web.
[/quote]
I apologize that we are very close to everyone within CnG. I also apologize for your inability to refute anything stated.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='15 February 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1266290995' post='2184224']
Except for the fact that this has nothing to do with this, and they took advantage of our allies being involved to attack us. Other then that, sure you can have fun arguing your point.
[/quote]

Their hands were tied by the same ropes as yours, my friend. A few fatefully placed signatures has brought about the deaths of millions before, and that trend will continue.

[quote]No one is invincible[/quote]

Record this for later use; I know you'll need this information:

[b]I am invincible[/b]

[quote name='Mundokiir' date='15 February 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1266290892' post='2184211']
You can't destroy an idea. Only suppress it. And good luck with that to those who would try.
[/quote]
Oh, so true.

And so ironic.

[quote name='Mundokiir' date='15 February 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1266291474' post='2184257']
Forgive MK for treatying their friends.
[/quote]
It's OK. I've already forgiven Dilber for doing the same kind of thing with WUT.

edit: weirdest typo ever

Edited by Haflinger

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' date='15 February 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1266291566' post='2184264']
Their hands were tied by the same ropes as yours, my friend. A few fatefully placed signatures has brought about the deaths of millions before, and that trend will continue.
[/quote]
I'm..unsure of how to reply to that.
[quote]

Record this for later use; I know you'll need this information:

[b]I am invincible[/b]
[/quote]
Ok

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 February 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1266291623' post='2184270']
Oh, so true.

And so ironic.

It's OK. I've already forgotten Dilber for doing the same kind of thing with WUT.
[/quote]
I'm missing the irony. And I loved WUT. They gave me a purpose in life, once.

[quote name='joracy' date='15 February 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1266290890' post='2184210']
Our idea of a reasonable solution is not getting attacked, and then granting you white peace right after.
[/quote]

Well the alternative is making the next 6 months look like the last 2 weeks. I mean, I'm totally cool with that, but I don't see how you guys think you're doing yourselves a favor by "putting an end to us as a threat" when that entails bringing yourselves as near any destruction you impart on us. Sane nation leaders interested in their people's well being and safety would look for a way to avoid further destruction, rather than sacrificing those you're supposed to be protecting... But keep telling yourselves you're doing this for your safety, and not to settle an agenda.

Thank you Archon for your wisdom and guidance. I cannot stress, as the MoFA of =LOST=, how unwarranted I feel the attacks of TOP, IRON, FEAR, and their allies were upon =LOST= nations and our CnG allies. We never did anything to any of those alliances. To give white peace to these alliances would be wholly unreasonable. For now though, we fight!

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 February 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1266291623' post='2184270']

It's OK. I've already forgotten Dilber for doing the same kind of thing with WUT.
[/quote]

Having had a hand in 75% of the treaties that MK has, I can guarantee you that unless MT has tanked the FA department, there is regular and daily contact between every treaty partner that MK has. So, no, not like what Dilber did with WUT and the NPO FA strategy after GW1.

In my time as LHE for MK I made sure that everyone of our treaty partners knew where we stood all the time with as much lead time as possible to prevent a repeat of the BAPS situation and to prevent things from devolving into what happened to NPO in Karma and NpO in the noCB war.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='15 February 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1266291746' post='2184277']
Well the alternative is making the next 6 months look like the last 2 weeks. I mean, I'm totally cool with that, but I don't see how you guys think you're doing yourselves a favor by "putting an end to us as a threat" when that entails bringing yourselves as near any destruction you impart on us. Sane nation leaders interested in their people's well being and safety would look for a way to avoid further destruction, rather than sacrificing those you're supposed to be protecting... But keep telling yourselves you're doing this for your safety, and not to settle an agenda.
[/quote]
Yes, 6 months. I am sure this war will last for that one. Feel free to save this quote, I am doubting the resilience of your allies.

waaaaiiiiiiiiiit. so all this talk of paranoia and whatnot has me. CnG says TOP/friend's threat was their paranoia in thinking that CnG would step into the war so they launch a pre-emptive strike and it's because they saw CnG as a threat. yeeeeeeeeet, CnG believes TOP/friends won't stop after a white peace(just saying, that's all) is agreed on. that sounds like paranoia on CnG's part and that TOP/friend's believing CnG is a threat is well founded.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='15 February 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1266291746' post='2184277']
[/quote]

If you don't want to break your foot, don't kick a guy wearing a suit of plate armor in the package.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='15 February 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1266291439' post='2184255']
I apologize that we are very close to everyone within CnG. I also apologize for your inability to refute anything stated.
[/quote]

You may as well apologize for getting attacked too, Bob.

After all, it's[i] clearly[/i] your fault.

[quote name='President Sitruk' date='15 February 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1266291887' post='2184290']
waaaaiiiiiiiiiit. so all this talk of paranoia and whatnot has me. CnG says TOP/friend's threat was their paranoia in thinking that CnG would step into the war so they launch a pre-emptive strike and it's because they saw CnG as a threat. yeeeeeeeeet, CnG believes TOP/friends won't stop after a white peace(just saying, that's all) is agreed on. that sounds like paranoia on CnG's part and that TOP/friend's believing CnG is a threat is well founded.
[/quote]
When they tell us that's all they're accepting, it's not so much paranoia as it is fact.

Keep trying, though. You're getting there.

[quote name='President Sitruk' date='15 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266291887' post='2184290']
[/quote]
Well..yeah we are a threat when you attack us to "bloody us up" I believe it was and not just following your treaties.

[quote name='Aurion' date='15 February 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1266291908' post='2184293']
You may as well apologize for getting attacked too, Bob.

After all, it's[i] clearly[/i] your fault.
[/quote]
Who elses?

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='15 February 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1266291042' post='2184228']
Ouch, Feanor. I see your side is back to the character assassination I saw in WWE. You do realize the only reason I posted this is because alliance leaders on your side, including your own alliance, were incessantly bugging me about my reply to the talks and some had gone as far as to insinuate I was stalling?

So again, I return you to my piece of advice, and recommend you pass it along to your government and allied governments.
[/quote]
You posted a huge wall of text just to let some alliance leaders know that peace isn't available atm? If that was your intention you could have done so in one to two sentences rather than recite the same story we've been hearing for the past two weeks.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='16 February 2010 - 03:47 AM' timestamp='1266292023' post='2184301']
You posted a huge wall of text just to let some alliance leaders know that peace isn't available atm? If that was your intention you could have done so in one to two sentences rather than recite the same story we've been hearing for the past two weeks.
[/quote]
Oh, good god.

Feanor, step back and take a breath, given your position, you're hardly with any right to criticize someone for going on and on in diplospeak.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 February 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1266290156' post='2184156']
You mean, they used strategy?

Duh. When trying to win a war, you don't plan to hit people at their strongest.
[/quote]And from what I can tell, CnG is using long-term strategy in their decision to continue the war for now.

Duh. When someone breaks into your house and tries to shoot you but calls it off because their getaway car left prematurely, you don't pat him on the shoulder and send him his way. You punch him in the face, take his gun, and let the authorities deal with it from there.

[quote name='President Sitruk' date='15 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266291887' post='2184290']
[/quote]

Except TIFDTT attacked C&G, thus demonstrating that they *are* a threat. C&G did not attack TIFDTT, thus demonstrating nothing. But keep trying - I'm sure you'll strike gold eventually.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='15 February 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1266290120' post='2184154']
If TOP and NSO have some form of future predicting device, then I for one would be greatly interested in buying it off of you.
[/quote]
Anything stated by a NSO member in this thread that is not myself or possibly Lintwad and the other members of the Darth Council is the personal opinion of the poster.

Also, NSO advised against the course of action that led to this Cluster$%&@ War.

[/quote]

Personally, I put more stock in actions than in words. Did TOP and friends perceive CnG as a threat? Clearly. I cannot argue that point. Did CnG perceive TOP and friends as a threat? I suppose that shall remain a mystery. I highly doubt it, however.

When TOP and friends attacked CnG without any sort of justification beyond sheer aggression, at a time when allies of CnG were elsewhere occupied, I do believe that CnG began to consider TIFDTT a threat.

So now we have two different parties, each of which perceives the other as a threat.

TOP perceives CnG as a threat because some non-government members of CnG alliances said mean things.
CnG perceives TOP as a threat because TOP launched an aggressive and unprovoked war against CnG.

Who is more justified in their beliefs? I leave that decision to you, dear reader.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='16 February 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1266290156' post='2184156']
You mean, they used strategy?

Duh. When trying to win a war, you don't plan to hit people at their strongest.
[/quote]
So we're in agreement that TOP, IRON & friends aggressively struck C&G in an opportunistic manner.

[quote name='the lizard queen' date='16 February 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1266290183' post='2184159']
I like how he termed it a "war of aggression" even though they were planning do the exact same damn thing to TOP and company.
[/quote]
Evidence, please.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='16 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1266290259' post='2184163']
Pretty much, this.

His side will hail him like they always do. The rest of us will just roll our eyes. Personally, I wish he'd take his own advice and just shut up and fight.
[/quote]
Perhaps you should cease creating and spreading baseless rumours, and then we would not have to make these clarifications.