Concerning the War of Aggression against C&G

Archon

[quote name='the lizard queen' date='15 February 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1266290183' post='2184159']
I like how he termed it a "war of aggression" even though they were planning do the exact same damn thing to TOP and company.
[/quote]
The difference being we would have gone to war to defend friends, making it, by precedent, not aggressive.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='15 February 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1266289909' post='2184139']
If you're trying to say CnG fears anything, you're wrong. [OOC]They're pretty much World War II Japan, except without losing[/OOC]
[/quote]

I give C&G credit having intelligence enough to be afraid. You should.

[i]OOC: If you actually knew anything about Japanese culture, you'd know that it isn't about not knowing fear, but mastering it.[/i]

[quote name='the lizard queen' date='15 February 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1266290183' post='2184159']
I like how he termed it a "war of aggression" even though they were planning do the exact same damn thing to TOP and company.
[/quote]

In which case it would have been defensive.

Also great post Archon. I love how people are calling it propaganda, this is pretty much what has happened.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 February 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1266290156' post='2184156']
You mean, they used strategy?

Duh. When trying to win a war, you don't plan to hit people at their strongest.
[/quote]
Really? I thought to win a war, you were supposed to hit people who were IN the war...?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='15 February 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1266290120' post='2184154']
If TOP and NSO have some form of future predicting device, then I for one would be greatly interested in buying it off of you.

I knew it!!
[/quote]

I've seen your future. It reads...Karma.

[quote name='the lizard queen' date='15 February 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1266290183' post='2184159']
[/quote]
Do you have ANY evidence that we were going to pre empt TOP and IRON? Please, give me ANY evidence of this.

We would have defended our allies if attacked, as was stated by Archon. How is that the same thing as attacking us, not in defense of allies but because they dislike us?

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='15 February 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1266288410' post='2184044']

You can feel free to argue and bicker away now :P

[/quote]

Very well Archon.

We'll accept your interpretation of events as fact. For now :ehm:

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='15 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1266290259' post='2184163']
Pretty much, this.

His side will hail him like they always do. The rest of us will just roll our eyes. Personally, I wish he'd take his own advice and just shut up and fight.
[/quote]
Oh please. If any one on your side posted an argument like this you'd see everyone hailing it. Calling us drones is like calling water wet.

[quote name='SpoiL' date='15 February 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1266290368' post='2184174']
I've seen your future. It reads...Karma.
[/quote]
I understand. We deserve to be rolled for being attacked by TOP and IRON. What were we thinking, letting them attack us?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='16 February 2010 - 04:15 AM' timestamp='1266290156' post='2184156']
You mean, they used strategy?

Duh. When trying to win a war, you don't plan to hit people at their strongest.
[/quote]
The point here being, of course, that we weren't at war with TOP.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='15 February 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1266290447' post='2184179']
I understand. We deserve to be rolled for being attacked by TOP and IRON. What were we thinking, letting them attack us?
[/quote]

Didn't you hear? Being pre-empted is pretty much confirmation we are the new hegemony

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='16 February 2010 - 03:20 AM' timestamp='1266290445' post='2184178']
Oh please. If any one on your side posted an argument like this you'd see everyone hailing it. Calling us drones is like calling water wet.
[/quote]
I would not hail them.

I seriously hate those guys.

Therefore your argument is defeated, and you are hereby banished from the premises as penalty.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='15 February 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1266289596' post='2184121']
Please point out any inaccuracies, we'd love to be able to correct anything we've gotten wrong for the future!
[/quote]

I'll just point out that it is not in Archon's or CnG's interests to portray an objective description of events, lest they not be able to persuade more alliances to peace out so they may better destroy 'TIFDTT'. All his post really reads to me is the various talking points I've heard everywhere, compiled into one verbose speech in which he makes sure to depict us as Hegemoinc cronies picking on innocent do-gooders.

This war does not have to be won to be ended, in my opinion. I think both sides have sustained enough damage that they would be willing to see things end if a reasonable solution were proposed; but pursuing this war until one side is destroyed will have near as bad consequences for the other side.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='15 February 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1266290447' post='2184179']
[/quote]

No, thats not it. I know you know that though, despite not being willing to admit it. (Yes, I read your mind)

[quote name='Chron' date='15 February 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1266290603' post='2184187']
I would not hail them.

I seriously hate those guys.

Therefore your argument is defeated, and you are hereby banished from the premises as penalty.
[/quote]
Quick Stumpy, to the bat cave!

Damn you Chron. :(

[quote name='SpoiL' date='15 February 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1266290656' post='2184189']
No, thats not it. I know you know that though, despite not being willing to admit it. (Yes, I read your mind)
[/quote]
No, I honestly have no idea what you are saying if that wasn't it.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='15 February 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1266290308' post='2184168']
I give C&G credit having intelligence enough to be afraid. You should.

[i]OOC: If you actually knew anything about Japanese culture, you'd know that it isn't about not knowing fear, but mastering it.[/i]
[/quote]

No one is afraid you nitwit. Get it through your skull. As stated in my blog post, C&G is a brotherhood that was forged under the threat of disbandment yet they are still there. They will continue to be there and the allies that have signed on with said alliances will continue to be there to support them.

Oh well, at least we don't have you running around claiming you predicted the future in this conflict.

Very good speech Archon. You definitely have a way with words that many in this game fail to grasp.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='15 February 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1266290284' post='2184165']
We never once planned to declare aggressively on TOP and their allies. If they forced our hand by declaring on a treaty partner then that would be a different story altogether.
[/quote]
Their hand wouldn't have come close to touching yours if MK had only supported their allies in Polaris at the start of this war.

You know, like we did, even though we were only allied to UPN.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='15 February 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1266290120' post='2184154']
If TOP and NSO have some form of future predicting device, then I for one would be greatly interested in buying it off of you.
[/quote]

You can't really win this one, logically. Either TOP was right to assume CnG would rush to assist its allies, making their attack a legitimate preemptive defensive effort, or TOP was wrong to assume CnG would assist its allies, in which case you are dishonorable. So, which one is it?

@OP: I agree that the TOP offer of white peace is rather silly. Everyone knows we can't have a [s]Hegemonic curbstomp[/s] brave Karma crusade without Draconian terms, right? :v:

EDITS: It's almost Fat Tuesday; errors will happen

Edited by Stonewall Jaxon

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='15 February 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1266290445' post='2184178']
[/quote]
See this is why I don't understand why people have a positive opinion of your posts. This one is so utterly confusing and its literal meaning is so at odds with what you surely meant that, like, what?

In regards to the OP and such, "eh"

In regards to the continuing "NAKED AGGRESSION AHHHHHH" argument.....nevermind, it's just dumb, and a rehash of the last two weeks, and ugh.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 February 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1266290740' post='2184200']
Their hand wouldn't have come close to touching yours if MK had only supported their allies in Polaris at the start of this war.

You know, like we did, even though we were only allied to UPN.
[/quote]
So basically, we are correct, and you are now deflecting back to something else?

Also, did you have any MADP partners who were wanted to enter on the other side, in support of their allies there? I do not think so.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='15 February 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1266290621' post='2184188']
I'll just point out that it is not in Archon's or CnG's interests to portray an objective description of events, lest they not be able to persuade more alliances to peace out so they may better destroy 'TIFDTT'. All his post really reads to me is the various talking points I've heard everywhere, compiled into one verbose speech in which he makes sure to depict us as Hegemoinc cronies picking on innocent do-gooders.

This war does not have to be won to be ended, in my opinion. I think both sides have sustained enough damage that they would be willing to see things end if a reasonable solution were proposed; but pursuing this war until one side is destroyed will have near as bad consequences for the other side.
[/quote]

Go read your original DoW. That is what made you sound like Hegemonic Cronies.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='15 February 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1266290382' post='2184175']
Do you have ANY evidence that we were going to pre empt TOP and IRON? Please, give me ANY evidence of this.

We would have defended our allies if attacked, as was stated by Archon. How is that the same thing as attacking us, not in defense of allies but because they dislike us?
[/quote]
/m\ wouldn't have acquiesced to Polar's terms when it did if it were not for TOP/IRON's entrance. Archon admitted as much in saying efforts were stepped up to resolve that conflict upon hearing the news (that top/iron would enter). Had TOP/IRON not entered CnG themselves would've entered shortly thereafter, and then TOP/IRON would've had to enter defensively. Exactly the situation they were trying to preempt...