GATO Declartion of War II

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jack Diorno' date='30 January 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1264916486' post='2146797']
:D

I personally want to thank Laserwolf and Daedalus27 for taking on hymli of TSO.
Only half a day of war against him and he beat the hell out of me :gag:

:wub::wub::wub:
[/quote]
Your messages to Hymli have been enshrined in the TSO hall of fame and have made this war worth all the hassle Jack.

You sir, are a funny son of a gun.

[quote name='Vespassianus' date='31 January 2010 - 03:30 AM' timestamp='1264926608' post='2147173']
I remember that NSO got attacked too sooner...
[/quote]
I remember that to, although it seems GATO doesn't care about our treaty or our situation? Either way its times like these we learn who our real friends and allies are.

[quote name='Methrage' date='31 January 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1264928392' post='2147200']
I remember that to, although it seems GATO doesn't care about our treaty or our situation? Either way its times like these we learn who our real friends and allies are.
[/quote]

I think maybe you should read your own DoW (where Moldavi said himself he wouldn't be asking allies for help). By the way, this thread is more about GATO, not NSO.

o/ GATO

[quote name='Methrage' date='31 January 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1264928392' post='2147200']
[/quote]

As much as I would love to banter with you guys, our respective governments have already settled this matter in private, I believe.

[quote name='Ironfist' date='31 January 2010 - 04:20 AM' timestamp='1264929619' post='2147232']
I think maybe you should read your own DoW (where Moldavi said himself he wouldn't be asking allies for help). By the way, this thread is more about GATO, not NSO.

o/ GATO
[/quote]
That doesn't mean you need to help the other side or couldn't choose to help us because you want to. I think he said that because he didn't want our allies taking more damage and we want all our allies to get peace before we seek peace.

Sad to see brown on the other side of the war either way.

Unfortunately TOP forced our hand with their completely unwarranted attack on several of our other treaty partners. While Ivan Moldavi was able to choose wether or not to request our aid, the terms of our treaties obligate us to defend against Paradoxian agression wether we'd want to or not. As a GATO member I would not dream of maligning an ally over the actions their honor and treaty obligations require them to take, and I would expect the same treatment in kind.

[quote name='Moniker' date='31 January 2010 - 04:48 AM' timestamp='1264931298' post='2147250']
Unfortunately TOP forced our hand with their completely unwarranted attack on several of our other treaty partners. While Ivan Moldavi was able to choose wether or not to request our aid, the terms of our treaties obligate us to defend against Paradoxian agression wether we'd want to or not. As a GATO member I would not dream of maligning an ally over the actions their honor and treaty obligations require them to take, and I would expect the same treatment in kind.
[/quote]
I suppose your doing what you feel is right and necessary, so I won't criticize you for it. I'm sad you guys ended up on the other side either way.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='31 January 2010 - 03:59 AM' timestamp='1264931947' post='2147260']
I suppose your doing what you feel is right and necessary, so I won't criticize you for it. I'm sad you guys ended up on the other side either way.
[/quote]

It's a shame two allies have to end up on other sides of the war like this. No decisions were made easily.

How things change...

Wasn't long ago GATO, IAA, CSN, and USN stood shoulder to shoulder and sustained a beating and a half. I remember those days quite clearly, I fought as a war volunteer with the CSN. The horror that unfolded with the travesty heaped on GATO lead me to believe that you all were finished. This simply isn't the case as you boys are standing tall and showing the entire Planet Bob that you are back.

Upwards and Onwards GATO..

-Jimjilbarf

[quote name='Ironfist' date='31 January 2010 - 05:06 AM' timestamp='1264932370' post='2147263']
It's a shame two allies have to end up on other sides of the war like this. No decisions were made easily.
[/quote]

And indeed they shouldn't.

Personally I see this as an example of the folly of Democracy in CN.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' date='31 January 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1264943532' post='2147440']
And indeed they shouldn't.

Personally I see this as an example of the folly of Democracy in CN.
[/quote]

More to do with the treaty web, I feel.

[quote name='watchman' date='31 January 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1264952443' post='2147606']
Have fun, GATO.

Oh, and I hope you're not too fond of your infra B-)

cheers!
[/quote]

Most of our top nations have hit ZI at least once, and for many of us there are times 2 or 3 to think about as well. GATO is never afraid to lose its pixels. We've killed them all off before, its casualties I'm looking to buffer in stats.

Hell I've got 1.8 million casualties, and none of them have come from real nuclear war. I'm looking forward to this :)

[quote name='Lemeard' date='31 January 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1264942300' post='2147423']
Out of curiosity, how long does it take for GATO to vote and go to war these days?
[/quote]

2 days or so, I suppose. Even less when circumstances require quicker action.