The Order of Light rejoice!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratz on year 4.

As a long-term-leader (hereafter referered to as "LTL"), do you feel you've been active the entire tenure of your leadership? If not, who handles things when you aren't "Active". If so, how do you stay focused on Bob and TOOL?

Edited by arentak

First of all congrats on the birthday, I am sure under your leadership its just another first of many.

As you know, Olympus is very fond of TOOL...we had some good backroom discussions with you leading up to our launch and that will always have a special place in our halls. So of course my hats off to my friends there in TOOL.

Whom if any are alliances you would like to see TOOL with closer ties to?

In light of some of the recent events, if there is one "old" rule of conduct, you would like to see changed what would it be and how do you think it would make Bob better?

Congratz on year 4.

As a long-term-leader (hereafter referered to as "LTL"), do you feel you've been active the entire tenure of your leadership? If not, who handles things when you aren't "Active". If so, how do you stay focused on Bob and TOOL?

No, I havent been fully active over the entire time. At leats not in terms of being 100% eyes on the ball. I have had spells, in retrospect, minor spells where my focus slipped. And responsibilities shifted more towards those in charge of the different sections. Back in the days when I attempted to micro-manage everything minor absences has bigger impacts but that is no longer the case. I can take weekends away now with the knowledge that Dodo personally has my back... That Creeky will nurture the New Bloow. That PlanckBorn will churn the numbers and DM will find me some Tech. Willem will be operating the rope at the front door and Mia will be Mia.

For all intensive purposes the reason im able to be active for long periods now without burning out is because TOOL has an amazing team operating now. Which makes it easy to stay focused.

First of all congrats on the birthday, I am sure under your leadership its just another first of many.

As you know, Olympus is very fond of TOOL...we had some good backroom discussions with you leading up to our launch and that will always have a special place in our halls. So of course my hats off to my friends there in TOOL.

Whom if any are alliances you would like to see TOOL with closer ties to?

In light of some of the recent events, if there is one "old" rule of conduct, you would like to see changed what would it be and how do you think it would make Bob better?

I think Olympus are an alliance certainly that on personal grounds I would like more formal ties with. You still sex my cake. I answer this question differently everytime im asked. But really I would like to see more ties outside of specific spheres. TOOL has for a long time been White centric. Lately, been trying to branch out and sample some flavours. Whats purple taste like?

I dont think any one change will make Bob better. It is what it is. Just because formal rules exist never means people follow them. I just people treated each other with more respect. I find it lacking at present and its disappointing. I think too many people know others too personally after years of interaction for rules to ever be followed or agreed on.

Thoughts on The Gathering Storm?

I was pleasantly surprised. Its definitely not Jordan. Doesnt have his fluid style of writing, and there was less adulation piled upon the main characters. No longer loved and fawned over by all. Gave it a darker tint. Especially with Rand. I love that change! But overall im pleased. Finally the Book didnt just allude to momentum and stuff actually started to happen. Mesana story had to be finished.. that had been dragging on for 4 Books or something. So yes, some loose ends tied up. A definite picture is being drawn to how things will line up.

You can see that the book has been formulated, whether by Jordan himself in notes or by Brandon but the books is moving in much more structure. 3 Chapters with Rand. 3 with Mat. 3 with Perrin. And so on. Jordan got in a habit of jumping through too many characters in a book. That has been cut out. Better? I dont know. Just different.

Congrats on the milestone TOOL!

What would be your top tip for building a successful alliance?

Find someone or some group to trust and do that. Trust them with portions or tasks. Yes, be active in formulating a game plan but trust them in the job. They will learn in time, even if they have a bad start. And if it doesnt work then its a lesson learned. But the key to being a successful alliance unhooked from limits and restrictions (Mainly on the leader's own ability). The more people pulling the better things work out in the end.

Happy birthday, guys.

We're older. B-)

Uhm, Yes and No.

I started TOOL on the 22nd Jan 2007. But only opened it to the public on the 23rd. So if we want to get technical. ;) I just dont fancy celebrating the day I spent 12 hours learning InvisionFree. I would rather celebrate the birth of the commmunity, when other people joined me.

Its been 3 years? You make me feel old

Congrats guys :)

Only as old as the kid you are pummelling. CN is the fountain of youth.

Edited by grahamkeatley