Today's Generation of Tech Raiders Sucks

King Srqt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I decided recently that I was going to drop AA in game and wait to get raided and have a little fun. Boy was I disappointed! I got hit with one real raid from NEW, this dude was pretty cool he came in we banged heads exchanged nukes and then wen on our merry way, I have a lot of respect for NEW for that because they are actually out there to fight and not just looking for the sickly kid on the playground to shake up for lunch money.

Where are the rest of you tough guys out there? The ones who love to raid and who want to build there casualties, I was sitting their unaligned for 17 days at about 30k NS. And not a single one of you had the balls to raid me. Do you all really love your infra that much that you are afraid to hit a nation that will fight back?

while I am not calling anyone out by name I am sure you know who you are and so does everyone else. You are a bunch of punks and nothing more.

At around that range, I got triple raided by TORN. ;_;

Though I didn't have any nukes, and it was before the range change.

EDIT:

Wait, people actually raid for profit? When did that become a real thing instead of just a thin excuse to fight people?

It depends on the range. Also, if you can prevent an actual fight you do get profit. Though if they fight back at all, you've pretty much lost anything you tried to gain.

Edited by Earogema

So I decided recently that I was going to drop AA in game and wait to get raided and have a little fun. Boy was I disappointed! I got hit with one real raid from NEW, this dude was pretty cool he came in we banged heads exchanged nukes and then wen on our merry way, I have a lot of respect for NEW for that because they are actually out there to fight and not just looking for the sickly kid on the playground to shake up for lunch money.

Where are the rest of you tough guys out there? The ones who love to raid and who want to build there casualties, I was sitting their unaligned for 17 days at about 30k NS. And not a single one of you had the balls to raid me. Do you all really love your infra that much that you are afraid to hit a nation that will fight back?

while I am not calling anyone out by name I am sure you know who you are and so does everyone else. You are a bunch of punks and nothing more.

:rolleyes:

I do it all the time.

Edited by Fizzydog

I've always assumed that pretty much all tech raids end in a net loss, anyway.

Well, If you quad effectively, let's say you fail the first two attacks. The next two should then get you the base of 5 tech, (with tech multipliers, it's even higher). If you win all four, that's 20 tech for an operation that only takes one war slot over two days.

This is all implying your target does not fight back.

Edited by Earogema

Well, If you quad effectively, let's say you fail the first two attacks. The next two should then get you the base of 5 tech, (with tech multipliers, it's even higher). If you win all four, that's 20 tech for an operation that only takes one war slot over two days.

This is all implying your target does not fight back.

Right, and I can only assume that most do fight back. I've never tech raided myself, so I don't know how people tend to react. Personally, I know I'd launch a full nuclear retaliation, resulting in a major net loss for the raider.

Once upon a time people actually liked war and didn't just use the term infra hugger as a hypocritical insult.

It's probably due to many alliances limiting raids to ground battles only really. When I was still able to raid I always went all out, and expected just as much damage to me whenever I got involved with anyone who didn't roll over and die. It's all about getting in quick, and getting out with the least damage these days.

I think you misunderstand exactly what a raider does. A raider is not gearing up for a nuclear war with you, but rather to steal your tech/land. Just as most burglars do not attempt to steal from high security installations, so too will most raiders not bother with a fully nuclear nation. Why you think this can somehow be attributed to a decline in intelligence is beyond me; if anything it shows that most raiders are prudent enough to only enter into a war that they are certain they will win and, more importantly, profit from.

Then again, you've been around this community long enough to know this, so perhaps you'd like to take your faux outrage and soapbox somewhere else? Even better yet, why don't you grow some balls and iniate your own wars: not only will you be getting the action you seem to crave, but we'll be spared your insufferable !@#$%*ing. Win-Win imo.

You imply that all raiders would complain, which is simply not the case. I would go "aw $%&@" and then change into warmode instead of raidmode in terms of my mindset.

No, not all. Just the vast majority. In fact, from my experience as a leader of a small alliance which was raided at least weekly prior to getting a protectorate - every raiders we had but one did not so much as follow their own alliance rules. And a number of them were still downright rude regardless when we asked for reps (which we did receive in those cases). I guess they took the view that the ruder they were, the more likely we would not even ask next time. Very short sighted view.

IF we allowed raiding, I'd not only train people first on HOW to do it properly from a military perspective, but also on how to treat the leader of the opposing nation (and certainly the leader of the alliance that was raided - seriously - I got treated like crap and as the leader!!!) with respect. That wouldn't make up for the bad press entirely, but at least it would mitigate the damage done.

And if the raider gave either of either the other nation or the other alliance leader attitude, I'd take away all tech raiding rights and require him or her to spend a month non-aligned before earning them back. I wonder how many raiders would do it as opposed to just leaving my alliance and going elsewhere?

My experience with NEW is that they have 3 guys attack at once, and that they hate it if you fight back.

When I told them (after several raids) that the next time they attacked me, I'd consider it to be no different than an alliance war, NEW vs my nation, and that I'd start declaring offensivly on their smaller nations, they told me "Oh, well in that case, we'll put you on a do not attack list".

Sounds to me like the regular old tech raiders that are scared to fight anyone who is going to fight back.

I'm pretty sure that's the only kind there are.

They probably did not raid you because you are well known and have nukes, a combo that could lead to disaster if the raid went wrong. They know you can fight and are willing and able to use nukes so they moved along, and the guy from NEW was either inexperienced at raiding and selected the wrong target or he was looking for war practice and not a raid.

This is the kind of nation a raider is ideally looking for.

1: Non-aligned

2: At the minimum end of the range of nations the raider can declare war on.

3: High tech:infra ratio

4: Inactive

5: No airforce, or nukes

6: Few or no military improvements / wonders

7: Unknown or unregistered on the forums.

I agree with John's point, to an extent. I'm a raider, I don't raid as much at my NS level, because of the amount of raidable nations with no nukes and not in dove. Back to the point

1: Non-aligned

2: At the minimum end of the range of nations the raider can declare war on.

3: High tech:infra ratio

4: Inactive

5: No airforce, or nukes

6: Few or no military improvements / wonders

7: Unknown or unregistered on the forums.

I believe most raiders around my range look for:

1. Not protected

2. I agree with

3. I look for nooks around here. Raiding for me, is for profit. I don't mind duking it out. But, it is a raid

4. Inactive

Well, at least that's what I look for

But if you fought back, then it would be like an actual war and not a curbstomp.

It's just the politics of alliances trickling down to the politics of the nations, imo.

Oh you mean like 3/4 of the wars that have taken place on the planet. Yes, way to us the same term that I can use to describe most wars. A curbstomp is no different when used in a war between alliances or a war between nations.

I think you misunderstand exactly what a raider does. A raider is not gearing up for a nuclear war with you, but rather to steal your tech/land. Just as most burglars do not attempt to steal from high security installations, so too will most raiders not bother with a fully nuclear nation. Why you think this can somehow be attributed to a decline in intelligence is beyond me; if anything it shows that most raiders are prudent enough to only enter into a war that they are certain they will win and, more importantly, profit from.

Then again, you've been around this community long enough to know this, so perhaps you'd like to take your faux outrage and soapbox somewhere else? Even better yet, why don't you grow some balls and iniate your own wars: not only will you be getting the action you seem to crave, but we'll be spared your insufferable !@#$%*ing. Win-Win imo.

I know what a raider does, I also know what a raider says when they are called out for being punks. As I already said I am not looking to go rogue, which would accomplish nothing more than me getting curbstomped and placed on a zi list or two, but instead I was looking for an even fun fight where the only loss for the raider would be the infra that they are always so quick to criticize people for "hugging".

And I do not intend to spare you my insufferable !@#$%*ing any time soon so I guess you will either have to deal with it or do something about it.

KingSqrt, I know there is at least one person who just loves you to much to raid you.