This Whole Mess in Europe, Abroad

Il Terra Di Agea

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, if he is RPing as a desolate land, he can do whatever he well pleases. Why can he? It's not like he is moving mountains, and real life populations have no bearing on RP populations.

You cannot RP a desolate land if none exists in the real world. There is a reason that we use a map of the real world as our basis, instead of dreaming up a new world where anything could be anywhere.

Regardless, the area is still fertile, and thus, no matter how much you say 'no one lives here', there is someone living there, and giving them six bucks to pack up and roll is not going to work too well. It barely works in real life.

Correction: botanical biodiversity, meaning plants. Most of its species are endangered, therefore making the biodiversity index (Simpson's) low because the number of animals per species is lower, therefore making some species practically negligible.

So...how does building a military base where there are endangered species make your argument stronger?

You cannot RP a desolate land if none exists in the real world. There is a reason that we use a map of the real world as our basis, instead of dreaming up a new world where anything could be anywhere.

So everyone is expected to know the exact locations of every major population center, the exact demographics, etc etc. Right. How many times has CNRP been nuked? Enough for all of Europe to be infertile and uninhabitable, yet Europe has the most players, if not behind Asia of course. No, I'll RP whatever damn cities I please, and I'll RP whatever damn population I damn please as well. Population is based off of a reasonable number you choose. If Ezequiel says there is no one there, then there was no one there. Period. That's how he decided it, and that's his nation to RP, and to say otherwise (inherently telling him how to RP) is godmodding.

Regardless, the area is still fertile, and thus, no matter how much you say 'no one lives here', there is someone living there, and giving them six bucks to pack up and roll is not going to work too well. It barely works in real life.

Unless he said that the area was uninhabited, then it's really not too hard.

So...how does building a military base where there are endangered species make your argument stronger?

If we really RPed endangered species, there would be no life on earth because of the nuclear fallout incurred over time. If you want, I can go through each and one of yours posts and tell you what fauna you absolutely destroyed. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Edited by SpacingOutMan

We started using a real world map in CNRP because that is the map admin decided to use for Planet Bob Had Admin created his own map I have no doubt that we would be using that map as our CNRP map. If I recall correctly the area that Ezequiel gave to Yawoo was in the former RA protectorate zone. There are different ways of RPing protectorate zones depending on your preference as an RP'er and the events leading to the demise of the former owner. When I took Italy on as a protectorate I treated it as if all the former owner's additions were still there. When I moved one of my old nation's to Alaska I RP'ed finding a fairly desolate and under inhabited place as if the area had been without central govt for some time.

Ezequiel can RP the state of that area however he likes, I use RL cities and maps of areas as guidelines but that doesnt mean he has to. Ezequiel can also RP all of his people being perfectly happy being relocated, even though people in RL may not be happy with eminent domain people in RL would also be irate over some of the things we do here on a regular basis. How often is it that we RP going to war and have our people fully supportive of our decisions, I cant think of many occasions where RPers said no, I cant go to war or I cant honor this treaty because my people wouldnt want me to. With the frequency we go to war here our people (if this was RL) would likely have thrown us all out of office by now.

Ezequiel gave a perfectly valid reason for why what ever number of people living there would be happy to leave. If Ezequiel had not given a reason (if he just said his people decided to leave en masse of their own accord without saying why) then there might be cause to complain, but I see this as fully within his rights as an RPer to do what he wants with his own people.

If we really RPed endangered species, there would be no life on earth because of the nuclear fallout incurred over time. If you want, I can go through each and one of yours posts and tell you what fauna you absolutely destroyed. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Go ahead, I don't think I've had a very large environmental impact. I've kept Finland clean. :P

merger, it does not matter what the RL stats are, we RP totally according to our IG stats. For eg: when i developed Bosaso, I rpd it as being a desolate, desert wasteland which i developed into an industrial metropolis. Should I consider the fact that RL it is a major city? No I need not. Similarly I just annexed half of India in CNRP. Now realistically a central asian nation doing that would have a whopper of a population change. Is it necessary for me to RP it? No. as far as I am concerned it is naturally adjusted. What exists on a land is determined wholly by the player Rping that land. Dont bring RL stats into that picture.

So, while we're talking about the IC/OCC line, I have some interesting to share with everyone here. Our very own Baron Uberstein, long the "champion" of the IC/OOC line and not crossing it, has decided to take out some very real life hatred on one of us for our IC actions.

BaronUberstein said:

*lol

*that rat !@#$%^&

*like hell there is a "Defence" to his actions

*see, pravus is just a backstabbing !@#$%^&

**Name withheld**:

*Louisiana and Pravus are friends

BaronUberstein said:

*yes but notice how he claims he's being "Defencive" when nations recognize is DOW on them

*his

*he's a lying son of a !@#$%*

**Name Withheld**:

*he's defensive when it hits his homeland

BaronUberstein said:

*look in diamond pact

*he said "you can activate the MDP now"

*we don't ever plan to hit his homeland

**Name Withheld**:

*sentence redacted

BaronUberstein said:

*it's BS cause he declared on us

**Name Withheld**:

*cos it's oA too

BaronUberstein said:

*yes but still

*it's a dick move

**Name Withheld**:

*not really

BaronUberstein said:

*yes, it is

*cause he isn't claiming it's OA

*I recognize that they can use OA

*but he is claiming he is DEFENCIVE

*he ISN'T

*He attacked us!

*how can you possibly support pravus?

*the man has done nothing but insult people and act like a dick

*he attacked us first and has the nerve to say it's defencive?

*bull !@#$@#$ !@#$

*he's no better than malatose

**Name Withheld**:

*and you said you did know the difference between ic and ooc

BaronUberstein said:

*I know the difference

*he's acting like a dick both IC and OOC

*is that hard to understand?

**Name Withheld**:

*no he isn't

BaronUberstein said:

*he acts like a dick everywhere

*he's exactly the same IC/OOC

**Name Withheld**:

*sentence redacted

BaronUberstein said:

*ugh, diamond is just becoming a new EU

*replace "nordic" with "globalism", it's still rule by fear

**Name Withheld**:

*not really it's coming up for friends when they need you

BaronUberstein said:

*lulz, more like "global hegemon"

**Name Withheld**:

*suit yourself

BaronUberstein said:

*screw regional pacts, it's whoever can bandwagon and wins the popularity contest

*people always call me paranoid when I say these things

*but then BAM IT HAPPENS

**Name Withheld**:

*because you are

BaronUberstein said:

*I was right about the Nords, every time, I was right

*I know pravus is just a dick who backstabs those he doesn't need anymore

**Name Withheld**:

*we were wrong about the EU

BaronUberstein said:

*lol, no we weren't

*the only reason they didn't invade us was because lavo dropped out

**Name Withheld**:

*lavo stayed until the latest

BaronUberstein said:

*no, he didn't

**Name Withheld**:

*before he left Diamonds was a fact

BaronUberstein said:

*yep, it's just power change

*absolute power corrupts absolutely

*and diamond has absolute power

*cause it has 90% of the world's power

*and nobody can stand up to it

*but I will stand against imperalism if it kills me

**Name Withheld**:

*we haven't used the power until now and probably wont until long

BaronUberstein said:

*and besides, you guys have all of the GM's on your side

*what do you have to fear

**Name Withheld**:

*neutrality of the GMs which they are

BaronUberstein said:

*you think Californian is nuetral?

*ha

*I've honestly lost hope in CNRP

*it's just a cycle of might makes right

*my idols trump the weak

**Name Withheld**:

*Sarah is

BaronUberstein said:

*people bandwagon and it's a popularity contest

*Sarah is one of the few players I truely respect anymore

**Name Withheld**:

*ugh I don't know if you noticed but the bandwagon is on YOUR side

BaronUberstein said:

*lol no

*everyone is joining pravus and louisana

**Name Withheld**:

*that is really being paranoid

BaronUberstein said:

*all we have is people in Europe

*you have the world

*hell, Subtle is againt me

*never thought that would happen

**Name Withheld**:

*the world hasn't done more than say words and prepare for trouble

BaronUberstein said:

*I hoped this could be a quick police action, in and out of iberia, but obviously pravus isn't going to leave it at that

*so then somebody will $%&@ up, everyone will bandwagon on one side or another, and chances are i'll get nuked

*IC I plan to just keep doing what I'm doing, stick to the plan

**Name Withheld**:

*aha

BaronUberstein said:

*but OOC I need a place to vent about the sheer dickishness of pravus

**Name Withheld**:

*k cant promise quick respones though

*raiding in WoW too so I'll answer between bosses

BaronUberstein said:

*IC I am going to help remove louisiana from Europe, and that's it

*I'm not going to touch italy

*pravus can fester in his !@#$ all he wants

*he can insult me all he wants

*he'll have to bring the fight to me if he wants real war

**Name Withheld**:

*aha

BaronUberstein said:

*though we should have never let him in Europe

*he's just going to stir up trouble

**Name Withheld**:

*couldn't have done much about it without becoming what you seem to hate

BaronUberstein said:

*hmm?

*ah, yes

*I actually could have

*cause his leader is the same

*so I could have opposed it on the grounds of "why is an American leading Italy?"

*but, coulda shoulda woulda

**Name Withheld**:

*not really, will of the people > nationality

BaronUberstein said:

*there is no will of the people in CNRP

*lol

*just will of the players

**Name Withheld**:

*which repressents will of the people

BaronUberstein said:

*so you just give it a fancy name tongue.gif

Ah, but there's more...

(18:05) BaronUberstein: also, pravus is just plain low

(18:06) BaronUberstein: Flying Scotsman gave him his current land

(18:06) **Name Withheld**: you know at the moment people can make them in America

(18:06) BaronUberstein: then, Pravus tells the diamond pact that he wants to invade Scotsman

(18:06) BaronUberstein: lol, no

viniland would attack

(18:06) **Name Withheld**: no they wouldn't

Tahoe is locked, and I have limited my doctrines to former HAE land only

(18:07) BaronUberstein: if tahoe is locked why is his fleet outside louisiana

(18:07) **Name Withheld**: he is locked as in if he wars over colonies again he's dead

(18:08) BaronUberstein: really?

Why

(18:08) **Name Withheld**: he barely got away with the Florida situation

(18:08) BaronUberstein: frankly he should have kept pushing there

(18:08) **Name Withheld**: now I've dropped him and V is inactive he doesn't really have a alot of friend

friends*

(18:08) BaronUberstein: Californian is a dick

trying to work both sides

he flip-flops between being Nord and American constantly

(18:09) BaronUberstein: why they made him a GM i'll never understand

(18:09) **Name Withheld**: well he isn't too bad

(18:10) BaronUberstein: but anyway, if it's the last thing I do, I'm going to keep colonies out of Europe to the best of my ability

(18:10) BaronUberstein: not too bad? lulz

he's a complete and utter !@#$%

(18:11) BaronUberstein: not as big of a !@#$% as pravus though

Pravus is just an !@#$%^&, through and through

(18:11) BaronUberstein: he is a walking, talking, childish sphinter that only knows how to godmod and call people idiots

(18:12) BaronUberstein: I mean, most people have redeeming qualities

even malatose has his ability to MS-Paint tanks

(18:12) BaronUberstein: but pravus, I can't think of one reason to like him

(18:12) BaronUberstein: any man who tries to backstab the person who gave them what they have now is not a good man

(18:13) **Name Withheld**: you know I backstabbed Vektor right?

(18:13) BaronUberstein: did he give you your land and do nothing to provoke you?

(18:14) BaronUberstein: Did he protect your claims from another player even against a much larger nation?

(18:14) **Name Withheld**: sentence redacted

(18:14) BaronUberstein: the things Flying Scotsman has not done ANYTHING malicious or negative to Pravus

thing is*

(18:15) BaronUberstein: from what I've seen, heard, and I can't even see it when I read between the lines

(18:15) BaronUberstein: and now pravus wants him gone?

that's just LOW

(18:16) BaronUberstein: Pravus is going to not do well in real life if he acts like this IRL

backstabbing helps in the short run sometimes

but long-run requires friends

(18:16) BaronUberstein: it requires allies

contacts

(18:16) **Name Withheld**: you really need to get on irc wink.gif the people you just mentioned are all different there

(18:16) **Name Withheld**: SMH is a cool guy, you can laugh with Ty, etc.

(18:17) BaronUberstein: lol, like hell I'm going to be buddy-buddy with Ty

(18:17) BaronUberstein: I don't trust the !@#$%^&

who is SMH

(18:18) **Name Withheld**: Pravus

SirMichaelHarland

(18:18) BaronUberstein: oh that !@#$%

(18:19) BaronUberstein: yeah, no

and I avoid IRC

(18:19) BaronUberstein: borghese was right in a way

not completely right

but on the right track

(18:19) BaronUberstein: IRC is just a popularity contest system

I don't plan the play that game cause I don't really care if I'm popular, I do what is morally right

(18:20) BaronUberstein: I support my allies, I fight imperialism, and I don't break the IC/OOC line

(18:21) BaronUberstein: that and IRC is an annoying system

(18:21) **Name Withheld**: you get used to it and most of the time we just chat oocly on irc

(18:21) BaronUberstein: but I have seen their colors and I have no intention of getting buddy-buddy with them

(18:21) **Name Withheld**: the channel #cnrp doesn't really have much to do with cnrp

(18:24) BaronUberstein: but yeah, if I lose this war

(18:24) BaronUberstein: I plan to fight to the last man, lol

(18:24) BaronUberstein: so yeah

(18:24) **Name Withheld**: well I hope penchuk gets hit

hard

(18:25) BaronUberstein: no

(18:25) BaronUberstein: I sure as hell hope not

I like the guy

(18:26) **Name Withheld**: if Penchuk would have had the activity of subtle with his attitude he'd be rolled 10 times already by now

(18:26) **Name Withheld**: guy needs to learn might makes right in the anarchy we know as Planet Bob

(18:27) BaronUberstein: some of us have morals

(18:27) BaronUberstein: even if we will lose the fight, it's better to die standing up

than to sit down and be a good little doggy

and let people control you

that's my attitude

(18:27) **Name Withheld**: his morals are the wrong ones

(18:27) BaronUberstein: what, "no imperalism" "protect my friend"?

I don't see the issue with his morals

(18:28) **Name Withheld**: Penchuk has just as much to say over Iberia as say Asia, different cultures. He takes things to an ooc level

(18:28) BaronUberstein: you're ignoring CNRP history

he's owned Iberia longer than many people have had CNRP nations

he has !@#$loads of say in it

(18:29) **Name Withheld**: people still taunt Tahoe over Hawaii, he has had that for a long time too

RA over Ecuador and his Asian holdings

(18:29) BaronUberstein: I hate how people ignore CNRP history

how somebody can come in and claim "It never happened"

I'll let you all draw your own conclusions from this, but to Uber, I ask you this: Why are you hating me OOCly for my IC actions? And also, please show me a single post where I have godmoded, as you claim I don't do anything but that. I'll be waiting for your evidence. And as for the thing with FSM, I present these logs:

[17:40] <SirMichaelHarland> i have a question for you

[17:40] <Flyingscotsman[iAA]> yeah

[17:41] <SirMichaelHarland> you understand that my whole "one Italy" thing by my people is just a chance to do some interesting internal roleplay and not any OOC hatred against you, right?

[17:41] <SirMichaelHarland> And that I don't want you gone from Italy or anything?

[17:41] <Flyingscotsman[iAA]> hahaha

[17:41] <Flyingscotsman[iAA]> yes, I do realize that

[17:42] <Flyingscotsman[iAA]> I was thinking we may be heading towards a cold war RP though

[17:42] <SirMichaelHarland> We might, Idk what course it'll take after the war

[17:42] <SirMichaelHarland> Most of my things are on standby pending the outcome

[17:42] <Flyingscotsman[iAA]> aye

[17:42] <Flyingscotsman[iAA]> as are mine

[17:42] <SirMichaelHarland> cool, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page with that

[17:43] <Flyingscotsman[iAA]> I may get frustrated with your IC decisions

[17:43] <Flyingscotsman[iAA]> but your a nice guy, I dont have an actual problem with you

[17:43] <SirMichaelHarland> Cool. Same here man

FSM is a guy who can separate IC actions from the OOC persona, Uber... why can't you?

Now, I don't hate any of you OOCly. Why? Because this is a game. I will bet $10 I will never meet any of you in real life. So why should I waste my time OOCly hating people I will never meet? I may not always agree with your actions ICly, and I may not be the likeable, Sarah-esque character, but that is no reason to bring OOC hate into the equation. The most I am at any point with any of you OOCly is annoyed. And I'm not even that with Uber right now. I'm just sad. Sad that a player I once respected has devolved into what I've posted above.

Oh, and if convos on MSN are this much fun, I may need to start getting on more often.

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

My, this is an interesting thread, I should've read it sooner!

No, I have not threatened anyone either OCC or IC with my nukes. Anyone telling anyone that I have is a liar. I'm rather sick of this rumor going around as I have heard it from about three different people already. Quit spreading it whoever you are.

To answer Uberstein,

The Louisianan troops that were going to be sent to Ezeq's former territory where just there as peacekeepers, per his request for foreign soldiers in order to prevent anarchy in his nation. I confirmed on IRC multiple times that should Scotland invade, the Louisianan troops would not assist Ezeq and were only going to be there as peacekeepers, naturally I would also have said that IC should the time come, but he re-rolled before it became an issue.

I have to apologize for my harsh language, with finals approaching and lack of sleep, I've been a bit on edge, especially with the sheer timing of this war, but it still completely unacceptable for me to sink to the level of childish insults. I know I have a short temper, it is something I need to work on, sometimes I just get angry and "explode". And you have not god modded in the current war, I applaud that, you've done an excellent job so far. But there are past examples where you have, but other people who had to actually directly deal with it would be better at finding examples than I am, though I can ask them if you really must know.

Now, I may not like you Pravus, but that doesn't mean I am going to cross the IC/OOC line. Notice how I'm not invading you, or even trying spy operations on you IC. Why? Because I realize, despite how much I dislike you, how much I don't like your actions, it would be improper to cross the IC/OOC line and actually do something against you because of my OOC dislike. I learned over my period fighting with the Nords that no matter what I think of somebody OOC, I cannot let myself bring it IC, because that just creates a huge mess and a hate spiral.

And Centurius, you actually helped me though posting that, because now I know who I can vent with and who I can't.

Edited by BaronUberstein

So, while we're talking about the IC/OCC line, I have some interesting to share with everyone here. Our very own Baron Uberstein, long the "champion" of the IC/OOC line and not crossing it, has decided to take out some very real life hatred on one of us for our IC actions.

Ah, but there's more...

I'll let you all draw your own conclusions from this, but to Uber, I ask you this: Why are you hating me OOCly for my IC actions? And also, please show me a single post where I have godmoded, as you claim I don't do anything but that. I'll be waiting for your evidence. And as for the thing with FSM, I present these logs:

FSM is a guy who can separate IC actions from the OOC persona, Uber... why can't you?

Now, I don't hate any of you OOCly. Why? Because this is a game. I will bet $10 I will never meet any of you in real life. So why should I waste my time OOCly hating people I will never meet? I may not always agree with your actions ICly, and I may not be the likeable, Sarah-esque character, but that is no reason to bring OOC hate into the equation. The most I am at any point with any of you OOCly is annoyed. And I'm not even that with Uber right now. I'm just sad. Sad that a player I once respected has devolved into what I've posted above.

Oh, and if convos on MSN are this much fun, I may need to start getting on more often.

What the hell is wrong with you? What does trashing Uberstein have to do with anything at all? Seriously, why the hell are you bringing this up now?

Now I'm not exactly Uberstein's biggest fan. You may recall me not liking him. And I won't say that he doesn't cross the OOC/IC line, because he did in that post, but seriously, why the hell did this come up? Where did this come from? Hate him on your own time, don't try and convince the rest of us of your righteousness and Uberstein's &#33;@#&#036;%yness when it is not relevant at all. At least when I was hating on him it was relevant.

You're worse than Legion.

Yeah, I don't know why I was made a GM either. But I do know I don't go on rampages calling people "dicks" or "&#33;@#&#036;%s" over an RP. You dislike me because I had (at one point) pro-Nord leanings or because I was disappointed you lied earlier. If it's the former, that's IC/OOC, and if it's the latter, you're no better that whatever the hell you're trying to portray me as (and I frankly don't care because you were extremely misinformed).

You know what? I never have disliked you or AJ OOCly. AJ is a cool dude (and an excellent artist) and I thought a lot of the points you made were valid. But yeah, those logs are showing me someone I shouldn't be impressed with.

Yeah. Thanks for calling me liars, Californian. Real mature.

Anyways, the area ceded to Louisiana is called Cartagena, and in real life the population is 250,000 + metro area.

Also, Zeke said that the area was a desolate landscape, while in real life it has the highest biodiversity of anywhere in the Iberian Peninsula. The area also has a history of being settled as well, since Roman times, which, I do believe is like before the separation of canon from real life.

No one is calling anyone a liar, in the truest sense of the word. Only misinformed. Calm down.

Biodiversity does not necessarily equal human presence.

228 B.C is when the city was first founded as New Carthage. However, if he is RPing as a desolate land, he can do whatever he well pleases. Why can he? It's not like he is moving mountains, and real life populations have no bearing on RP populations.

Exactly.

Except that's NOT what he did. he specificially stated he was giving them aid until they could establish a life once more.

What the hell is wrong with you? What does trashing Uberstein have to do with anything at all? Seriously, why the hell are you bringing this up now?

Now I'm not exactly Uberstein's biggest fan. You may recall me not liking him. And I won't say that he doesn't cross the OOC/IC line, because he did in that post, but seriously, why the hell did this come up? Where did this come from? Hate him on your own time, don't try and convince the rest of us of your righteousness and Uberstein's &#33;@#&#036;%yness when it is not relevant at all. At least when I was hating on him it was relevant.

You're worse than Legion.

NO ONE IS TRYING TO GET ANYONE TO HATE ANYONE ELSE.

Merely trying to make a point about OOC/IC actions.

Yeah, I don't know why I was made a GM either. But I do know I don't go on rampages calling people "dicks" or "&#33;@#&#036;%s" over an RP. You dislike me because I had (at one point) pro-Nord leanings or because I was disappointed you lied earlier. If it's the former, that's IC/OOC, and if it's the latter, you're no better that whatever the hell you're trying to portray me as (and I frankly don't care because you were extremely misinformed).

You know what? I never have disliked you or AJ OOCly. AJ is a cool dude (and an excellent artist) and I thought a lot of the points you made were valid. But yeah, those logs are showing me someone I shouldn't be impressed with.

Relax, Californian, he apologized.

Again, I apologize, I've been not myself lately and a combination of things, including my own stubbornness and short temper, lead to an angry "explosion", and I blew off steam.

I tend to hold stuff in for a long time as little things build up and then have occasional "ARGH $%&@ $%&@ $%&@" moments, where all of the pint up stuff is released in a general direction. It was completely inappropriate of me to use such language and get so worked up about IC actions, and I can assure everyone that my OOC feelings will not affect my IC actions. In fact, I feel much calmer and happier now, relaxed even. (Though I'm a bit hungry, I blame skipping lunch.)

Edited by BaronUberstein