This Whole Mess in Europe, Abroad

Il Terra Di Agea

Also, information was from Nikonov, if it's a lie, blame him.

I loled. That name should immediately kill all credibility of such a claim.

And to ITDA above me, what he said was a lie, but I don't want to be a jerk about it. I don't dislike Uberstein OOC and my words were harsh but I think it's understandable that I'd be upset if someone is going around and saying wrong information about a friend of mine OOCly.

Anyways, I'm not here to argue and I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Edited by Californian

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, just a quick reminder, We're all adults (Or at least damn close) here, stop acting childish.

Drake, Uber said yes to a question you asked, clearly expecting that answer, stop whining about it. It's not like he is whining about how you have Oh so many colonies, and are squandering land that would be good for new players, and that you are oh-so-very foolish for your land possessions. Stop getting all up in arms.

Californian, that is utterly not the definition of a lie, it is being misinformed. Doesn't matter though, we should wait for Nikonov to say something, and go from there.

EDIT: Also, Drake, you don't want Uber to hang you. He's a mess when it comes to knots. It would be a fiasco

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Money doesn't solve everything.

No, but he stated enough aid is being provided that they will be able to set up a new life. He's not giving them a flat sum and saying "here you go, kthnxbai."

Hey everyone, just a quick reminder, We're all adults (Or at least damn close) here, stop acting childish.

Drake, Uber said yes to a question you asked, clearly expecting that answer, stop whining about it. It's not like he is whining about how you have Oh so many colonies, and are squandering land that would be good for new players, and that you are oh-so-very foolish for your land possessions. Stop getting all up in arms.

Californian, that is utterly not the definition of a lie, it is being misinformed. Doesn't matter though, we should wait for Nikonov to say something, and go from there.

EDIT: Also, Drake, you don't want Uber to hang you. He's a mess when it comes to knots. It would be a fiasco

lol, I think he meant "Hang with," but that's just a guess. :P

I was actually expecting it to be 'no' because both are on the same continent as me...

Stop acting childish...?

I'm not the one going around spewing lies and rumors like a girl in Jr. High. I know you two are friends but honestly ITDA all you're doing is exaggerating a relatively small matter. Yeah, he was misinformed WHICH CAUSED HIM TO LIE. If you want me to straight out call him a liar, then sure, Uberstein is lying. Piece of advice: If you're going to complain to the GMs please make sure you have proof to support your claims against another player.

No, but he stated enough aid is being provided that they will be able to set up a new life. He's not giving them a flat sum and saying "here you go, kthnxbai."

lol, I think he meant "Hang with," but that's just a guess. :P

Nope, I meant hang me. Like a lyncher.

-Sigh-

Stop acting childish...?

(1.)I'm not the one going around spewing lies and rumors like a girl in Jr. High. I know you two are friends but honestly ITDA (2.)all you're doing is exaggerating a relatively small matter. (3.) Yeah, he was misinformed WHICH CAUSED HIM TO LIE. (4.)If you want me to straight out call him a liar, then sure, Uberstein is lying. Piece of advice: (5.)If you're going to complain to the GMs please make sure you have (6.)proof to support your claims against another player.

In order of being brought up in your post:

1: LYING involves the intentionality malicious plan to deceit. Acting on false information is not inherently lying, but often times, being lied to and not realizing it.

EDIT: Alright, one quick thing, much like the whole colony thing, some definitions of "Lie" will say that it is any fraudulent information. So yes, one could say that he is technically lying, however, almost all definitions state that, for it to be a lie, it has to be intended by the speaking to spread deceit.

2: I am not exaggerating the situation. I am saying that Uber was misinformed, and that we should wait for Nikonov, the one who said it in the first place to clarify.

3: See 1

4: I did not want you to straight out call him a liar. In fact, I wanted to not have to post here again for a bit so I could go do a bit of reading. Ideally, we would all step away until the original witness comes forward to state the events as they remembered, and/ or give evidence to support his claims, rather than leave us getting all the more angry.

5: I am not complaining to you as a GM, frankly, I'm not really complaining to you at all. Were I saying anything to you as a GM, it would be in the GM thread, and you would have to become Elrich, because he's on MSN, and it would be a lot easier for me to talk to him than post here.

6: I am not trying to make a claim about anyone. Look at what I've said so far: None of it says that Yawoo was going to nuke Europe, I have never said that he, you or anyone is lying about the situation, my only claim is that Uberstein may have been operating under false information about Yawoo's plan, and we should wait for the person who told him to clarify before we continue this argument. I have made exactly zero claims against another player in this thread, and I am sorry that you see otherwise.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

I was actually expecting it to be 'no' because both are on the same continent as me...

Arn't the Canaries part of Africa? O_o

Arkhangelsk is more of a "Cultural colony" but it's more acceptable, being more of a "It would be nicer if it was co-ruled by a local government or something along those lines" kind of deal, but not something my government would be actively trying to remove.

As for your colonies in other parts of the globe, Finland is not the world police.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Arn't the Canaries part of Africa? O_o

Arkhangelsk is more of a "Cultural colony" but it's more acceptable, being more of a "It would be nicer if it was co-ruled by a local government or something along those lines" kind of deal, but not something my government would be actively trying to remove.

As for your colonies in other parts of the globe, Finland is not the world police.

No, they're part of Spain.

Caucasia is a mesh of cultures. Georgian, Azeri, Armenian, Kazakh Arabic, Ukrainian, and Russian. Archangelsk, like Northern Caucasia, is Russian. I've got no dominant culture.

No, they're part of Spain.

Caucasia is a mesh of cultures. Georgian, Azeri, Armenian, Kazakh Arabic, Ukrainian, and Russian. Archangelsk, like Northern Caucasia, is Russian. I've got no dominant culture.

Yes I know who owns them IRL, but continent wise, what are they? Still European?

You're European sticking to mainly European land, that's fine by my eyes IC, but someone coming from a different continent and claiming land on it is not good.

Yes I know who owns them IRL, but continent wise, what are they? Still European?

You're European sticking to mainly European land, that's fine by my eyes IC, but someone coming from a different continent and claiming land on it is not good.

Politically, the Canaries were American for quite a while, under Canada.

Geographically, they're Africa.

Yeah. Thanks for calling me liars, Californian. Real mature.

Anyways, the area ceded to Louisiana is called Cartagena, and in real life the population is 250,000 + metro area.

Also, Zeke said that the area was a desolate landscape, while in real life it has the highest biodiversity of anywhere in the Iberian Peninsula. The area also has a history of being settled as well, since Roman times, which, I do believe is like before the separation of canon from real life.

Anyways, the area ceded to Louisiana is called Cartagena, and in real life the population is 250,000 + metro area.

Also, Zeke said that the area was a desolate landscape, while in real life it has the highest biodiversity of anywhere in the Iberian Peninsula. The area also has a history of being settled as well, since Roman times, which, I do believe is like before the separation of canon from real life.

But it's his land so if he says there is no one there no one is

To be fair, after the number of nukes we have thrown around in our time the whole world should be a 'desolate landscape', and Californian, there is no need to go around blatantly insulting people. You are by no means the only one, but certainly the one I have noticed most. It's just not necessary people.

Then show me the evidence. It's very simple you see.

As to Silhouette, Uberstein was attempting to make an OOC deal out of something that does not exist. That does not belong on this forums, especially when it's not even true. If you lie OOC I will correct you.

Then show me the evidence. It's very simple you see.

As to Silhouette, Uberstein was attempting to make an OOC deal out of something that does not exist. That does not belong on this forums, especially when it's not even true. If you lie OOC I will correct you.

If "bringing up what I believe is fact in a relevant manner" is "attempting to make an OOC deal out of it", then sure, I'm guilty of that. I view people's OOC motivations as relevant because I don't like it when the IC/OOC line is broken.

But I did not lie, it appears I was simply misinformed. To lie is to have the intent to misinform, which I do not have. So unless insulting me is necessary for your self-esteem, I politely request that you stop trying to slander my character.

CNRP Nation: Lübeck

Factbook (If applicable): Nine

Side Supporting: Neutral until RSSN or HAE get declared on.

Method of Support: Currently watching from the sidelines yet if called up, I will have to get involved no matter how bad it will be for my nation.

Other Notes: The side I am against, they will be prohibited through my waters, that means that if Slavorussia declares on HAE, Slavorussia will not be allowed through them. Generally, I hope that I do not get brought into this war as I really need to rebuild in-game.

Try 210,000

Also, Zeke said that the area was a desolate landscape, while in real life it has the highest biodiversity of anywhere in the Iberian Peninsula.

Correction: botanical biodiversity, meaning plants. Most of its species are endangered, therefore making the biodiversity index (Simpson's) low because the number of animals per species is lower, therefore making some species practically negligible.

The area also has a history of being settled as well, since Roman times, which, I do believe is like before the separation of canon from real life.

228 B.C is when the city was first founded as New Carthage. However, if he is RPing as a desolate land, he can do whatever he well pleases. Why can he? It's not like he is moving mountains, and real life populations have no bearing on RP populations.