• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CNRP Nation: Caucasia

Factbook (If applicable): Search it, ye lazy bum

Side Supporting: Louisiana

Method of Support: Possible Military

Other Notes: Waters are closed to combatants without previous consent. Don't $%&@ with my treaty partners.

CNRP Nation: Marscurian Pakistan

Factbook (If applicable): Gaze thine eyes downward, and thoust shall find it in mine signature

Side Supporting: Technically neutral, but I'm rooting for Louisiana

Method of Support: Selling quality weapons to anyone who can buy them, at a cost that represents the risk involved.

Other Notes: It would be fun to see both sides buying them.

Except...it is not a colony.

OHMAHGAWD,SHUSH!!!!!

It doesn't matter if it is a colony or not, it is a military base, a section of land, a non-contiguous parcel of territory. That argument is all IC, this is not the place to talk about it.

(By the way, technically, in the looser sense of the word, it is a colony. It is a region politically controlled by a distant country making it, in fact, a colony. However, it cannot be called a colony in the sense of social terms, for there are no people being dominated by the aforementioned distant nation. "Colony," both in Reality and CNRP carries with it a negative connotation that can raise these exact sort of adverse reactions, but it is still, technically a colony, despite the lack of an oppressed people. End. No more. Zip. Shush. Nip. BLARRRRR)

OHMAHGAWD,SHUSH!!!!!

It doesn't matter if it is a colony or not, it is a military base, a section of land, a non-contiguous parcel of territory. That argument is all IC, this is not the place to talk about it.

(By the way, technically, in the looser sense of the word, it is a colony. It is a region politically controlled by a distant country making it, in fact, a colony. However, it cannot be called a colony in the sense of social terms, for there are no people being dominated by the aforementioned distant nation. "Colony," both in Reality and CNRP carries with it a negative connotation that can raise these exact sort of adverse reactions, but it is still, technically a colony, despite the lack of an oppressed people. End. No more. Zip. Shush. Nip. BLARRRRR)

Okay, fine, it's a foreign military base from a foreign nation that deported 400,000 civilians.

It's Imperialism.

Don't shush me, either of you, I can be as nit-picky as I want... :P

And thank you, Ubie, for clarifying it. And actually, Zeke stated quite clearly that first of all, they were compensated, and second of all...it wasn't in the hundreds of thousands. ;)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Don't shush me, either of you, I can be as not-picky as I want... :P

And thank you, Ubie, for clarifying it. And actually, Zeke stated quite clearly that first of all, they were compensated, and second of all...it wasn't in the hundreds of thousands. ;)

Alright, I am the one responsible for that number, and it's based on RL cities in the area that was ceded to Louisiana. I don't know, Zeke can RP as he wishes, I guess, but IRL, it is a fairly populous area.

And also, if you've seen Up, pictures of Chinese construction projects, or lived in LA, no one goes without a fight in these things, getting out even a thousand people costs millions, if not billions, and the people rarely, if ever, take the money and run. People are stubborn, especially when being kicked out of a land populated with history going back 2000 years, with rich cultural history and importance, so their homes and a great number of ancient buildings can be bulldozed for military bases.

But once again, Zeke's nation, he has the final say.

Don't shush me, either of you, I can be as not-picky as I want... :P

Money doesn't solve everything.

Who taught you how to count? :rolleyes:

I got the number from Agea.

Alright, I am the one responsible for that number, and it's based on RL cities in the area that was ceded to Louisiana. I don't know, Zeke can RP as he wishes, I guess, but IRL, it is a fairly populous area.

And also, if you've seen Up, pictures of Chinese construction projects, or lived in LA, no one goes without a fight in these things, getting out even a thousand people costs millions, if not billions, and the people rarely, if ever, take the money and run. People are stubborn, especially when being kicked out of a land populated with history going back 2000 years, with rich cultural history and importance, so their homes and a great number of ancient buildings can be bulldozed for military bases.

But once again, Zeke's nation, he has the final say.

The land was a protectorate, there is never more than a couple thousand people in these regions as they have all left, let along 400k in that one area.

Edited by Ezequiel

Well, OOC we know he's threatened Scotland with nukes, but that isn't IC.

Give me some proof big boy. I have a feeling your friend is pulling your leg. If there's no proof, it's probably best for you to be quiet and stop with the lying, lying IC is fine but OOC is just bad character B-)

Zeke can also RP that there isn't anyone in that area. Doesn't matter if there was a million for the previous RP'er, its his land so he can say its undeveloped and no cities or its fully developed with twenty cities for all I care. Or he can RP what it is in RL, its his choice.

Give me some proof big boy. I have a feeling your friend is pulling your leg. If there's no proof, it's probably best for you to be quiet and stop with the lying, lying IC is fine but OOC is just bad character B-)

I do not appreciate being called a liar.

I know that during Ezeq's first attempt to get into Iberia, that Louisiana was going to militarily support him against Scotland, it's all IC and in the thread, go read it yourself.

I could be wrong about the nukes, but I tend to not assume people are liars.

OHMAHGAWD,SHUSH!!!!!

So Crimea and the Canary Islands and Archangelsk are all colonies?

I know that during Ezeq's first attempt to get into Iberia, that Louisiana was going to militarily support him against Scotland, it's all IC and in the thread, go read it yourself.

You're presenting no solid proof. I tend to not believe people who are throwing unsupported claims around.

I loled.

Since when has character ever meant anything in this RP. I had a thread a while back, it pretty much proved that no one gives a hoot about character unless it's good for an argument that they are making against another person.

Also, information was from Nikonov, if it's a lie, blame him.

Now for you, stop making assumptions about other people, and letting that be the ground for disapproval.

... Yes. My post pretty clearly lays that all out... Well, not the part you quoted, but the rest of it.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Yes

You're presenting no solid proof. I tend to not believe people who are throwing unsupported claims around.
*** Private ***

To: Ezequiel

Subject: Re:Formal Request

Dear Ezequiel:

I must admit, your request certainly caught me off guard. Louisiana being an American Gulf Nation, means we usually don't interfere too much with other nation's problems, but your offer of a military base is something that will be a good asset to my nation's military flexibility. I can send 20,000 soldiers of the Louisianan Army and a force of 50 Louisianan fighters and 20 Louisianan bombers/refulers. You will have to cover the cost of room and board until an appropriate Louisianan base can be constructed at which point Louisiana will take over all costs.

Regards,

Michael Croix

Chancellor of Louisiana

It's right there, happy? They didn't even have any relations, it was a brand new nation, and yet Louisiana here is ready from one message to fight Scotland.

I'm talking about the nukes. I've talked to Yawoo and he assured me he never made a big OOC fuss about launching nukes at anyone. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just pointing out you are making a OOC big deal out of something that doesn't exist. I know everyone wants to keep it IC so this OOC is really distracting.

I'm talking about the nukes. I've talked to Yawoo and he assured me he never made a big OOC fuss about launching nukes at anyone. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just pointing out you are making a OOC big deal out of something that doesn't exist. I know everyone wants to keep it IC so this OOC is really distracting.

If I'm wrong about the nukes, then I've been misinformed.

I'm not making a big deal out of it, I'm just pointing out that Louisiana is strangely willing to cause a stir.

To quote Sargun:

derp